Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I read an article yesterday about a study that showed CBD-A and CBG-A, the acidic, unheated versions of the cannabinoids, help keep the spike protein from the virus from attaching to or penetrating the cells which helps stop you from getting sick.

Yet another reason for some of you guys to join me on the non-heated side of the cannabinoid world.

I read an article yesterday about a study that showed CBD-A and CBG-A, the acidic, unheated versions of the cannabinoids, help keep the spike protein from the virus from attaching to or penetrating the cells which helps stop you from getting sick.

Yet another reason for some of you guys to join me on the non-heated side of the cannabinoid world.
When I saw Virgin Ground post the article yesterday I went home last night and started a batch of raw Candida buds/EVOO in the Magical Butter machine! Might be a bit late for us though since my daughter's BF just tested positive. :rolleyes:

Damn! The word "positive" has come to mean anything but.

When I re-did the interior on it a few years ago, I saved the old horsehair padding from the seats, and zip-tied chunks of it under the rebuilt seats, to make sure the interior always retains that distinctive "old volkswagen smell".
To me, this is so awesome...and so hilarious!

How do you adapt your new shoes, socks and underwear? :laugh:

When I saw Virgin Ground post the article yesterday I went home last night and started a batch of raw Candida buds/EVOO in the Magical Butter machine! Might be a bit late for us though since my daughter's BF just tested positive. :rolleyes:
Doesn't the MB machine heat it though, or is there a cold infusion option?

Some of the acids are apparently very sensitive to heat so keeping it unheated is probably best.

That you paid such attention to detail should surprise no one here!
It just doesn't seem right to have a 60 year old car with a new car smell... :hmmmm:
Yet another reason for some of you guys to join me on the non-heated side of the cannabinoid world
I read that article too, sounds like you might have something there...
Might be a bit late for us though since my daughter's BF just tested positive.
Well, Hell! Hopefully he gets a mild case..even so, he's going to feel pretty bad for over a week...that's how it's going with my kids, anyway...
How do you adapt your new shoes, socks and underwear?
You mean how do I maintain that "old man smell?" ewwwww... :oops:

The MBM heats the oil to 160-165f not hot enough to decarb it.

Some of the acids are apparently very sensitive to heat so keeping it unheated is probably best.
I run/ran it at 160º but there are cooler settings. I'm not sure if there is one to just run at room temps though.

[edit: my son just told me the first setting is no heat, so I'm running the next cycle at that.]
Hopefully he gets a mild case..even so, he's going to feel pretty bad for over a week...that's how it's going with my kids, anyway...
So far he's asymptomatic, and his actual test was on Monday. Maybe he'll stay that way along with the rest of us. We'll see how our little lady does with her results. Whatever she is, we probably are too.
The MBM heats the oil to 160-165f not hot enough to decarb it.
I hope 160º isn't enough to break off the acid molecule!

[edit: my son just told me the first setting is no heat, so I'm running the next cycle at that.]
I really didn't know there's a "no heat" setting..., I'd need to use grapeseed oil to do a cold infusion, the coconut oil wouldn't stay liquid without the heat...
no decarb before putting it in the MBM, right?

Speaking of infusing stuff...Mrs.C. is down to about 8 gummies, and I'm out of infused oil, soooo...

Here's 3.5oz. of bud (2oz ChemDawg#4, 1.25 oz. Gelat.OG), plus a little ground up stuff that I had laying around- it just came out of the oven after decarbing for an hour and a half @ 240f...
3.5oz decarbed.jpg

Here's where it's going- 3.25 cups of refined coconut oil with 1 tbsp. of Liquid Sunflower Lecithin added- I'll add another tbsp of LSL when the infusing is done...
coconut oil.jpg

Here, the weed has been added to the oil, and I'm also going to add 350mg of CBG isolate.

IMG_3682.JPG

Like so...
CBG is thought to help relieve inflammation, and help with anxiety issues.

IMG_3683.JPG

I used to get my CBG isolate from Oregon Hemp flower,till they went belly-up- but I've found a new, cheaper source- "Open Book Extracts"- $4.00 a gram for pure CBG isolate, less than half what I used to pay...they've got a 5 gram minimum, but still, that's only $20.00, plus a few bucks for shipping.

5 grams is a lot of CBG isolate...
5G isolate.jpg

So, the infusion will run for 8 hours today, cool down overnight, and run 4 more hours tomorrow, I should end up with apx. 3 cups of some very strong oil, enough for apx 350 gummies...
See you in 8 hours!.jpg

That's all I've got today- Thank You for looking :love:
I hope everyone is having a real nice weekend!
I'll be back in here tomorrow with the usual journal update, hope to see you then!

Speaking of infusing stuff...Mrs.C. is down to about 8 gummies, and I'm out of infused oil, soooo...

Here's 3.5oz. of bud (2oz ChemDawg#4, 1.25 oz. Gelat.OG), plus a little ground up stuff that I had laying around- it just came out of the oven after decarbing for an hour and a half @ 240f...
3.5oz decarbed.jpg

Here's where it's going- 3.25 cups of refined coconut oil with 1 tbsp. of Liquid Sunflower Lecithin added- I'll add another tbsp of LSL when the infusing is done...
coconut oil.jpg

Here, the weed has been added to the oil, and I'm also going to add 350mg of CBG isolate.

IMG_3682.JPG

Like so...
CBG is thought to help relieve inflammation, and help with anxiety issues.

IMG_3683.JPG

I used to get my CBG isolate from Oregon Hemp flower,till they went belly-up- but I've found a new, cheaper source- "Open Book Extracts"- $4.00 a gram for pure CBG isolate, less than half what I used to pay...they've got a 5 gram minimum, but still, that's only $20.00, plus a few bucks for shipping.

5 grams is a lot of CBG isolate...
5G isolate.jpg

So, the infusion will run for 8 hours today, cool down overnight, and run 4 more hours tomorrow, I should end up with apx. 3 cups of some very strong oil, enough for apx 350 gummies...
See you in 8 hours!.jpg

That's all I've got today- Thank You for looking :love:
I hope everyone is having a real nice weekend!
I'll be back in here tomorrow with the usual journal update, hope to see you then!
Great post, C!

And Mrs. C is as quiet as a church mouse, right? :Rasta:

BTW, thanks for giving me something to do with the CBD isolate I have. Oregon Hemp Flower sent me some along with a purchase and I had no idea what to use it for! :thanks:

Careful, though. CBD will offset some/all of the THC high.

You know, if something like that matters to you. :cool:
Damn skippy that matters to me, @Azimuth!

If I smoked some of my good stuff sprinkled with isolate and didn't get high, that would probably promote anxiety rather than inhibit it! :laughtwo:

Does it reduce the potency of gummies, as well? Do you know @Carcass?

Does it reduce the potency of gummies, as well? Do you know @Carcass?
Not sure how it reacts with gummies, but I've smoked it with regular weed, and I haven't found that it inhibits the high much at all... if you're inclined to nervousness when you get stoned, (I am, sometimes) it takes that edge off a little bit..but I still get plenty high...

Damn skippy that matters to me, @Azimuth!

If I smoked some of my good stuff sprinkled with isolate and didn't get high, that would probably promote anxiety rather than inhibit it! :laughtwo:

Does it reduce the potency of gummies, as well? Do you know 's. They don't seem to really know why or how it happens but it seems like the CBD molecule interferes with the efficiency of the 'lock and key' process, at least for the getting high part, whether smoked or in edibles like your gummies.
They don't really seem to know why or how, but it seems that the CBD molecule interferes with the efficiency of how the THC molecule interfaces with its receptor, CB-1's, mostly found on the nervous system of the body (whereas the CBD receptors are mostly found on the non-nervous system parts like the organs). But somehow it has an effect on the interface and therefore how high you get.

And the higher the CBD:THC ratio the more the high is dampened.

But, it depends on how you measure potency. If it's how high you get, then yes it will decrease that effect. If, instead, it is measured in how well it addresses your pain, or anxiety, or inflammation, then by that measure adding some CBD will actually increase its potency.

For medical, having some of each actually enhances the medical impact, but does it with less psychoactive effect, and that's with either inhalation or edibles, like your gummies.

Not sure how it reacts with gummies, but I've smoked it with regular weed, and I haven't found that it inhibits the high much at all... if you're inclined to nervousness when you get stoned, (I am, sometimes) it takes that edge off a little bit..but I still get plenty high...
It seems important to be clear on what letters the isolates have. Carcass said his was CBG, and GDBlack said his was CBD.

So, Carcass is saying his CBG isolate didn't have much of any effect, which may very well be true. CBG seems to be the original source cannabinoid that then spawns off all the others. I don't know what, if any, effect the CBG isolate would have on THC and getting high.

GDBlack's CBD isolate however, should exhibit the characteristics I mentioned.

I just want to be clear as we are talking about two very different cannabinoids with very different effects on the body and wanted to be sure we are appreciating the difference.

Carcass said his was CBG,
No, I was answering GDB's question about CBD isolate, which is what I've smoked with regular thc weed.
It really didn't seem to do much in the way of blocking the thc high...but I've also got an incredibly low tolerance to thc, so that may be why I didn't notice any real difference.
I do also smoke the CBG isolate, but I add it to my nightly bowl of CBD weed..

Back
Top Bottom