Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Yeah, but their jars are nowhere large enough for the cannabis storage needs for folks here! The largest jar I saw was a 5 ounce jar - and with herbs and spices thats like 1/4 cup!

I didn't actually look at their products. I just saw that we had a jar sponsor and wanted to share.

I didn't actually look at their products. I just saw that we had a jar sponsor and wanted to share.
Oh no girl - I got ya! Maybe we can see if they’ll do like @Carcass said - and use Ball sized mason jars (like the 32 ounce ones) … and maybe include a hygrometer lid as well! That would ROCK!

You'll need:
1 pkg sugar free jello mix (0.6 oz size)
1pkg regular (with sugar) jello mix (3 oz size)
2 packets plain gelatin
1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup water <------ you can substitute your favorite liqueur for the water,or the corn syrup, for a little less "sweetness"
1/2 cup infused oil (I infuse 1oz. mj per cup of oil)
Uhhh...what size plain gelatin packets. Also, only 1/4 cup of liquid?! I'm about to start and I'm just not certain about the quantities. Thanks.

*edit* I know what i did wrong. Each packet is 0.25 oz each. I did 2oz of gelatin thinking each packet was 1oz.

I'll continue with the 1/4 of corn syrup and 1/4 of water.

@Carcass I don't know what kind of bullshit voodoo you do to make this a fun process. The shit that just went down in my kitchen?! Yeah...I'll stick to smoking a big ole fat bowl than to have to go through this ever again.

20211103_220434.jpg

Ok...maybe I won't quit so easily but I'm just not so sure on the liquid amount. It seemed way too thick and it seized rather quickly. Looking forward to see if maybe I missed something.

Yes, that is what i meant. 1/4 cup of water is what I meant. I did the recipe as stated. It was not fun...

I feel your pain. I've never made individual gummies again after the first time.

It gets funner the more you do it!

I think the only way it would get "funner" is if you're eating the gummies along the way.

Now, if you want an easy recipe, Baked, here's the one I made this week:

Butterscotch Cannabis Blondies

Thats it - everyone’s getting mason jars and chalkboard labels and pens for Christmas!!!
I'll just take the jars...I've still got a whole roll of blue tape to use up for the labels ;)
Thanks, Big D! :rofl:
I had no idea...
congrats on the title!
Thanks, Beez..!
My best two autos were grown indoors.
Actually, mine were too- I figured it was because they get a lot more light indoors- more hours of light, that is..

The largest jar I saw was a 5 ounce jar - and with herbs and spices thats like 1/4 cup!
The spaghetti sauce jars I use are 24oz, and even that is way too small to hold much...
I just saw that we had a jar sponsor and wanted to share.
Thank You, HG!
Ball sized mason jars (like the 32 ounce ones) … and maybe include a hygrometer lid as well! That would ROCK!
They'd sell a lot of them on here if they were priced right!
You can get your hygrometer lids here! @Farthestnorth is your guy.
Thanks, Shed!
$30/4 (they call them “smart cure” lids)
I'll just keep dropping the hygrometers in with the weed...
I think Farthest will do better than that!
Those lids are nice!
Uhhh...what size plain gelatin packets.
Sorry, Baked- I didn't know it came in different size packets...so, whatever size pkg you use, you need 1/2oz. of gelatin total per batch.
It's 1 cup liquid total between the oil, water, and corn syrup.
Thank You, Shed!
The shit that just went down in my kitchen?!
Yipes! It looks like you may have let it cool just a little too much before putting it in the molds.
The good news is that you had no oil separation, so whatever you ended up with should have plenty of thc in it...Try and get it into the molds about 2 minutes sooner next time. (if there is a next time :oops:)
Yes, that is what i meant. 1/4 cup of water is what I meant. I did the recipe as stated. It was not fun...
It gets easier- I can make up a batch of gummies in about twenty minutes, plus 10 minutes for cleaning the utensils.
It gets funner the more you do it!
It really does...I'm giving a lot of mine to a friend with agent orange induced Parkinson's, so it's even more fun when someone is being helped by something you made...
I've never made individual gummies again after the first time.
I may try your way of doing it next time- then just cut it into 4g cubes!
Maybe, but is won't get any funnier than this first attempt!
I've got a few pics somewhere of when the lid popped off the squirt bottle while I was
filling the molds- it sure wasn't pretty, but it sure was funny! :)

Try and get it into the molds about 2 minutes sooner next time. (if there is a next time :oops:)
Got it! There will be a next time...but if it happens again. You better run!!!
plus 10 minutes for cleaning the utensils.
Again...voodoo. I just left all my stuff to soak in the sink and walked away. I was ready to throw a grenade into the sink and call it a night.
I'm giving a lot of mine to a friend with agent orange induced Parkinson's, so it's even more fun when someone is being helped by something you made...
THAT is what I want to do for my community. I want to be able to help people. Good on ya Carcass. Blessings amigo to all your grows to help everyone within your reach.

but if it happens again. You better run!!!
Ha! I'm sorry your first experience was a "less than satisfactory" one...I should have stressed a bit more how important the timing is once the mixture starts to cool...
it's a fine line between not cool enough (the oil still floats to the top), and too cool (mix starts setting up).
I always tell Mrs.C. not to bother me for the next 5 minutes when the time comes to fill the molds...

Is she okay with that?
She is! ...only because, she's my biggest gummy customer... ;)
Mine would beg for a longer period of time to be left alone.
Mrs.C. usually doesn't bother me unless I'm trying to get something done :)
And for some reason, she feels she has to remind me to not get any on the walls or ceiling...I swear, I do something one time and she never lets me forget it....

Note: do not shake the squirt bottle without holding your finger over the end...it will go literally everywhere if you don't... :oops:

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday Dearrrrrr Carcasssss!!!
Happy Birthday to You!

fireworks.jpg

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom