CaptainLucky's First Indoor Golden Tiger Grow 2023

I can only follow which plants are which if you write what they are just above each pic, but that's just me!

If the breeder and everyone else here thinks you should flip them at under 12" tall then I'm just a lone wolf (+ Nick) howling at the moon. This is your first grow inside, new nutes at varying strengths, plants off to uneven starts, recently upcanned and just starting to look better. You're still getting your feet wet here.

In my book, great training is a much better way to control height over flipping too soon.

Hydro is much faster growth than soil (check out every single god damned plant grown by @West Hippie!), and CO2 is a completely different ball game (check out Mr Nick above).
Thanks @InTheShed as we know we had a soil grower try his work on DWC Here and I love the results.
Myself I’ve been dialed into my nutrients for over two years now , Which always helps . This last grow was 13 weeks in veg and I’m paying for it now , tops are 28” tall (near 7’ total) and over five feet wide on Candy .
CO2 was alright but when you have copd and the CO2 lingers in the room you feel it eventually.

I’m sorry to hear that bro, how did you deal with it? CL🍀
Tears on the couch for a week, then deep sadness.
Hey @InTheShed when do you recommend I start any training?
I'd start by taking off those two lowest nodes that are well below the rest of the branches. Then I'd probably supercrop one of those tops into the middle to try to fill it in.
Thanks @InTheShed as we know we had a soil grower try his work on DWC Here and I love the results.
Myself I’ve been dialed into my nutrients for over two years now , Which always helps . This last grow was 13 weeks in veg and I’m paying for it now , tops are 28” tall (near 7’ total) and over five feet wide on Candy .
CO2 was alright but when you have copd and the CO2 lingers in the room you feel it eventually.
:thanks: WH!

Tears on the couch for a week, then deep sadness.

I'd start by taking off those two lowest nodes that are well below the rest of the branches. Then I'd probably supercrop one of those tops into the middle to try to fill it in.

:thanks: WH!
Sounds like a plan, exactly what I was thinking. I’m going to try that one (CT) first and then see how it goes before I do my Panama. CL🍀 :thanks: :high-five::Namaste:

Btw I was checking out Azi’s thread on quadling n was wondering about that for the CT. As far as any training I think I’m better served waiting until tomorrow. And I also thought about doing that to my GT after letting her recover from my last attack. lol CL🍀

Have you even topped any of the others?

On the GT I would at least take off those two lower branches. The other option is to lift them straight up and let them fill in the middle. No stress no cutting no waiting.
No I haven’t done anything to the others I was waiting on your guidance. But on my C. Thai I thought I’d remove 1+ 2 and 5 + 6. And after it recovered I would do the same to the Panama . What do you think about me doing that. CL🍀

Btw it’s been a really shitty last couple of days. Yesterday a friend of mine’s Mother woke up very disoriented and he called the E.M.T.s come to find she had the worst kind of aneurysm. Severe bleeding of the brain. Now he was just told if she wakes she’ll be a vegetable and need a ventilator and be fed from a tube. Poor dude just signed a Dnr. I can’t imagine what he’s going through. CL🍀
So sorry Buddy. :green_heart:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Sounds like a plan, exactly what I was thinking. I’m going to try that one (CT) first and then see how it goes before I do my Panama. CL🍀 :thanks: :high-five::Namaste:
I was initially confused that this was the couch and then sadness stuff. But its plants!

Yeah top when a bit bigger. Above fifth but think about clearing lower now. Ours about to flip you’ll see skinny as down low. Its bending the lowest put to the pot lines (imagine a straight line up from the black tray edges in the picture below) that pushes up 4-8 colas straight up. Our space constraints are basically 40x40 or sometimes for some plants like 40x60cm columns. But 40x40 is standard. There’s a few slightly different standards. Its just our room spacing constraints. So when they get to the ot ledges we’re gonna start bulldog clipping them up and encouraging them to grow vertical from there.

That’s out space/training thing for this grow (since we did none last time!)

The airpots are 30x30cm so a bend at 30cm on the 40cm pot we hope will help optimise light distribution. But everyone a bit different with space and styles

Nick.

Update: All the girls are now on the same feeding/watering schedule since I think I got each one of them dialed in. Today I trimmed my Chocolate Thai and after it recovers I’ll top her n then start on my Panama. I also did a little training on my Golden Tiger. My Sour G will be uppoted in the near future. CL🍀 :morenutes: :thanks::420::Namaste:

79F51ACF-FCCE-4A03-9C40-37C2863F856F.jpeg

F5CBD0FD-F4F8-4CA0-8F7D-B6550B7456BF.jpeg

3C03252F-D412-4712-8857-3B26EE7520BC.jpeg

5AC48B94-1295-46D4-9CC1-6BCA2DA20033.jpeg

49670CA1-98AF-474E-AF77-2D789240E827.jpeg

04C0BD2C-4E31-4A13-AD32-4DD44A667EBE.jpeg

596249A9-5116-41A2-990A-2F21FA4F3C7A.jpeg

E932D325-93EB-4F88-BFF5-A2E6DC649CF2.jpeg

2E67B162-07DB-406C-831D-B4B6613D394D.jpeg

3F4D3CA7-9BDF-4AF1-A20E-2C553FD1375E.jpeg

What's up bro :high-five:plants look great btw. If it's a seed run plant 5th node to top is good. That way, if you needed a couple clones the lower branching will help you out. If not, couple extra mains.
I wouldn't worry about underneath until things develop a little more maturely.
Definitely a strip before flower to allow more air movement and another strip after the stretch.
Hope all is well bro. Glad to see to killing it :passitleft:

I was initially confused that this was the couch and then sadness stuff. But its plants!

Yeah top when a bit bigger. Above fifth but think about clearing lower now. Ours about to flip you’ll see skinny as down low. Its bending the lowest put to the pot lines (imagine a straight line up from the black tray edges in the picture below) that pushes up 4-8 colas straight up. Our space constraints are basically 40x40 or sometimes for some plants like 40x60cm columns. But 40x40 is standard. There’s a few slightly different standards. Its just our room spacing constraints. So when they get to the ot ledges we’re gonna start bulldog clipping them up and encouraging them to grow vertical from there.

That’s out space/training thing for this grow (since we did none last time!)

The airpots are 30x30cm so a bend at 30cm on the 40cm pot we hope will help optimise light distribution. But everyone a bit different with space and styles

Nick.

You have any pics under that table?
It's more complicated than Darth Vaders bathroom. :rofl:
And fix the ring on the back right. ;)

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Everything is showing great new growth! I'd strip all the low stuff of the Sour G and move that new growth to the top. The stuff below the line:
79F51ACF-FCCE-4A03-9C40-37C2863F856F.jpeg
On the basis - the lower stuff is just dead mostly or about to be dead and its wet looking, and gonna degrade into mouldy compost whilst still stealing energy from the actual production fans above as it dies slowly, and you get the benefit not just of losing rotting vegetable matter but gain photo energy as its being focussed on better places and improved air flow low down?

That your thinking?

Nick

Back
Top Bottom