Canuckgal's Struggling 400w Coco Closet Grow

re: Canuckgal's Struggling 400w Coco Closet Grow

LMAOOOOOOOOO

Are those hockey sticks that you used to make the scrog screen out of?

Typical Canucks :D

Yep, just pulled them out of my igloo :p

I knew it!

Now can I barrow your polar bear for awhile? Stupid neighborhood cats keep shitting in my new garden boxes :/

Go to YouTube and search - Craig Turner Cat Piss

Enjoy building your new defense system......... Bwahhahahahahaha!

The sad part is after all that the cats kept comming back. But I had a good laugh regardless.

I am trying the glass bottle trick. If that dont work I will probably get a solar powered, motion detecting sound emitter.

Fucking cats though. I go out and spend hundreds of dollars to make these nice garden beds to grow my crops and these cats think I built it as a $300 toilet to shit in.

The sad part is after all that the cats kept comming back. But I had a good laugh regardless.

I am trying the glass bottle trick. If that dont work I will probably get a solar powered, motion detecting sound emitter.

Fucking cats though. I go out and spend hundreds of dollars to make these nice garden beds to grow my crops and these cats think I built it as a $300 toilet to shit in.

You can buy Lion Poo online, totally organic and 100% effective:thumb:

Hi Cannuckgal, sorry to dive in without an invite but I thought roots needed Oxygen and leaves absorbed CO2. CO2 is heavier than air and will sink to the bottom of the pot, flushing out Oxygen and unavailable to the leaves, I think,

:thumb:

Yeah makes sense, I used a spray bottle last night to do foliar feeding, and I think I see a pretty big jump in growth today, I don't remember a grow taking this long ever.

If I want to do a perpetual grow, at what point should I put the seed in? These guys are about 3-4 weeks old now I think.

Foliar feeding is definitely WIN.

Where I grow its very low humidity and mold/mildew is not a issue. So I am going to be pushing foliar feeding a lot even in flower. If it rots any buds I will know that I need to stop it sooner and not just foliar feed all through flowering.

But this grow I plan on doing it up till the last 2 weeks, then itll be flush time. Hopefully it all works out. Foliar feeding is very cheap to do and its a better way to feed then roots.

Foliar feeding is definitely WIN.

Where I grow its very low humidity and mold/mildew is not a issue. So I am going to be pushing foliar feeding a lot even in flower. If it rots any buds I will know that I need to stop it sooner and not just foliar feed all through flowering.

But this grow I plan on doing it up till the last 2 weeks, then itll be flush time. Hopefully it all works out. Foliar feeding is very cheap to do and its a better way to feed then roots.

Excellent, I like being reassured that I'm doing the right thing.

Today I tried mounting the hockey stick scrog, but I dont have a power drill, so I didn't get very far, I'll have to borrow a drill to get that done.

Did everyone have a good NFL Sunday? New Orleans killed me, booooo

I got my greenhouse like 80% done today. So that was cool. Imma definitely finish the framework tomorrow!

Just dont foliar feed when buds get too big, unless your plants dry off extremely fast (doubtful indoors). Because the water puddles up in cracks and crevices in the buds. If it just sits there then its gonna cause botrot. Or its ok if you are incredibly careful about hitting just fanleaves.

I got my greenhouse like 80% done today. So that was cool. Imma definitely finish the framework tomorrow!

Just dont foliar feed when buds get too big, unless your plants dry off extremely fast (doubtful indoors). Because the water puddles up in cracks and crevices in the buds. If it just sits there then its gonna cause botrot. Or its ok if you are incredibly careful about hitting just fanleaves.

Yea that definitely makes sense to stop foliar feeding in the last bit.

But remember, common sense is a learned trait, not everyone has the same idea of what common sense is.

Well some things with growing are just something you got to learn, be it first hand experience or 2nd hand from a book or word of mouth ect.

Like I remember as a teen trying to grow weed. Id take some seeds, almost always from Mexi weed, then id germinate them. Easy enough right? But after then I would do things that now look completely looney toons.

Like I remember once reading that weed likes fast draining soil and that adding course sand to your soil helps (which is all true so far). So genius me I just went down to the beach, filled a pot with sand, then put that pot on my roof with some seeds in it. Well the seeds germinated. But with a pure sand, zero nutrients, and probably very salty medium, they didnt last too long past sprouts :).

Then another time after that I realized plants need nutrients, and I knew plants loved water. So I planted some germinated seeds in a pot giving them plenty of water. Then the second the little guys sprouted I figured they will grow really fast if I give them extra water, plus plants got to eat, so I fed them big heaping tablespoons every day of miracle gro... yeah they didnt live long either lol.

Then I put two plants up in the hills.... rabbits and deer ate them to stalks in one night...

Got a 1.5 foot tall female plant from a friend, whos mom found it and uprooted it along with some others she found, then tossed them over the side of their house down the hill. Well he went down in the gulley retrieved them all and gave me one. It grew... kinda. It actually did have some little bud growing something that resembles 1 or 2 weeks into flower. But it also had a very problem that I could not figure out. It had webs EVERYWHERE. No spiders, but webs all over... you guessed it spider mites lol.

That was my one success at growing, if you wanna even call it a success. 1 week old premature buds covered in spider mites. But I tell ya, I felt like a king and we all loved smoking those wet, fresh, spidery buds :D.

Well some things with growing are just something you got to learn, be it first hand experience or 2nd hand from a book or word of mouth ect.

Like I remember as a teen trying to grow weed. Id take some seeds, almost always from Mexi weed, then id germinate them. Easy enough right? But after then I would do things that now look completely looney toons.

Like I remember once reading that weed likes fast draining soil and that adding course sand to your soil helps (which is all true so far). So genius me I just went down to the beach, filled a pot with sand, then put that pot on my roof with some seeds in it. Well the seeds germinated. But with a pure sand, zero nutrients, and probably very salty medium, they didnt last too long past sprouts :).

Then another time after that I realized plants need nutrients, and I knew plants loved water. So I planted some germinated seeds in a pot giving them plenty of water. Then the second the little guys sprouted I figured they will grow really fast if I give them extra water, plus plants got to eat, so I fed them big heaping tablespoons every day of miracle gro... yeah they didnt live long either lol.

Then I put two plants up in the hills.... rabbits and deer ate them to stalks in one night...

Got a 1.5 foot tall female plant from a friend, whos mom found it and uprooted it along with some others she found, then tossed them over the side of their house down the hill. Well he went down in the gulley retrieved them all and gave me one. It grew... kinda. It actually did have some little bud growing something that resembles 1 or 2 weeks into flower. But it also had a very problem that I could not figure out. It had webs EVERYWHERE. No spiders, but webs all over... you guessed it spider mites lol.

That was my one success at growing, if you wanna even call it a success. 1 week old premature buds covered in spider mites. But I tell ya, I felt like a king and we all loved smoking those wet, fresh, spidery buds :D.

Haha thanks for sharing! There's no feeling like smoking your own hard work, even if it's shitty and covered in webs, "it's still good! It's still good!" haha. Too cute.

You definitely sound like you were one of those over eager first timers, too much love smothered them.

We all live and learn, one of the biggest lessons I've learnt, is that the plant wants to thrive, it's doing it's best, and it's up to me to meet it's needs.

I think I'm going to flip over to flower tomorrow. Itll be day 1 of week 7 from seed. I'm going to give them 24 hours of dark, and then begin 12/12

Oh my god... I have done the dumbest thing ever...

Last week I tidied up my grow room, and moved the wiring so it's easier to move around... Anyways... When I did that... I guess I reset my timer.

For the last week, they've been on 24-0 light cycle!

These guys are going to erupt in the dark I bet. So I'll post pone the 24 hrs of dark for a few days, so the stems grow longer and give me a chance to do some training.

No wonder they are growing so slow! Lmao... :circle-of-love:

Iono I get really good growth out of 24/0. Cant really compare it to anything else but they certainly grow faster then any of my sun powered plants of any type that i got outside.

Back
Top Bottom