Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Top_or_Fim_sug_.jpg

If you top where indicated you'll have eight branches from lower nodes. The bottom two are pretty worthless, they could be removed to leave six branches. I'd only remove the two top fans at this point and keep them bent so they don't shade the lowest branches.

The six or eight remaining branches will grow quickly once you've topped. You can LST those once they are going strong. Pretty much what the others said except I wouldn't strip all the fans, just the top two below the cut.

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Jay, do you mean remove the first node from the topped part in a few days? Just want to be sure I'm understanding it correctly. Thanks!:circle-of-love:

Oh, and would you remove the fan leaves too?

No...you guys have your nodes labeled wrong LOL the # 1 goes on the bottom it will be less confusing that way :)

Just one topping cut no fan leaves at all removed except the lower growth that won't be as hearty, true leaves (bottom two) and the next node up

Yup Jay. Really either way would be fine so long as those two top fans don't shade the lower branches too much. The goal is to drive lower branch development so you don't want them shaded. Fans that don't shade the lower branches should be left on, IMO. If you can bend them out of the way every few days then leave the leaves.

Yup Jay. Really either way would be fine so long as those two top fans don't shade the lower branches too much. The goal is to drive lower branch development so you don't want them shaded. Fans that don't shade the lower branches should be left on, IMO. If you can bend them out of the way every few days then leave the leaves.

This is what I do now...bend the top fan leaves down a little ...I get faster growth on the top node over removing the fan leaves

Just what works for me

image7948.jpg

Canna if you top at #2 and remove #5 and the true leaves below you will have this in a couple weeks

image4998.jpg
image4997.jpg

I'm not tying mine down, but if I did you would see the same results. I have 8 to 12 branches on each one right now.

I really like those pics, they show much more detail..great work :high-five:

Done!
Topped12.jpg

Topped22.jpg

And I put the "top" in a cube of Rapid Rooter with some rooting compound on it. We'll see what happens. I think I remember Reg trying this too. Can't remember the outcome though.
ToppedtoRoot.jpg

Let me know if you would trim off anything else guys. It seems to be very opened up now. I'm going to put the time lapse camera on this plant. I think that might be quite fun. ;-)

Great class on training going on here guys. I have a Wild Thailand at about the same stage in growth so I'll be referring back to this convo tomorrow for sure.

Thanks Jay! I have so many plants right now, seedlings actually, that I can spare a couple for experimenting. :thumb:

That's perfect...IMHO you will be more free to make good decisions with training if you can "spare" the plant...you will not hold back as much and will do what is needed.:thumb:

If my earlier post wasn't clear... my opinion is your plant should have three sets of internode branches and three sets of fans leaves going to each of those branch sets...Looks like there is some small branches still below the first set of branches and fan leaves...those will only zap energy and not turn out to be much especially since the fans leaves were already removed...Hope I explained that better :)

LOL, Jay. I cut the smaller fan leaves at the bottom. I'll upload a pic later. I think it will be fine. Earlier I did cut the small leaves on the bottom that I thought would "zap" energy as you stated.
I think I will top the other plant sitting next to that one too. What the heck, go fer' the gusto! :thumb:

That'a girl!...go for it! :)...I'm excited for you

I figured as long as I'm in renovation mode today that I would consolidate the seedlings. This is the same room, I'm just making use of the closet. I hung the lights from the hanger bar. This has freed up a lot of space in the room and I have the added benefit of the light color walls to reflect the light.
There is one LED panel over a Begonia way over to the left. The Begonia seems to respond well to the Cheap LED, it loved it when I had them downstairs. Deep waxy beautiful leaves and purty flowers.

Renovation_Mode.jpg

Back
Top Bottom