Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

One of the coolest things about Jay is that his experience as an arborist is so relevant to overall plant health. His thinking has evolved over many years of experience and he's seen some serious ass-hattery going on in people's landscapes. What we don't want, and what Jay preaches, is a problem in the first place!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

One of the coolest things about Jay is that his experience as an arborist is so relevant to overall plant health. His thinking has evolved over many years of experience and he's seen some serious ass-hattery going on in people's landscapes. What we don't want, and what Jay preaches, is a problem in the first place!

Thanks PeeJay...but inside really is a whole different ballgame that is why I am always asking for advice from the great members here such as yourself :thumb:

I would love to sit down with the two of you ...Jay and PeeJay...with a bong and listen to all of that wealth of knowledge being exchanged!
I've learned very good information in your posts. :thanks:

Thank the ganja gods I haven't had any problems with bugs.... (as I knock on wood) LOL

Keep your plants healthy and you should have very few problems...plants are far more amazing than most people realize...having them grow near us (in our homes many times) has many benefits...we provide them with co2 and they return the favor with super filtered air for one...it really is a realtionship...the care we provide them they return in many ways...it's pretty cool really :)

Keep your plants healthy and you should have very few problems...plants are far more amazing than most people realize...having them grow near us (in our homes many times) has many benefits...we provide them with co2 and they return the favor with super filtered air for one...it really is a realtionship...the care we provide them they return in many ways...it's pretty cool really :)

I have only one bumper sticker on my truck. "Trees are the answer."

I have only one bumper sticker on my truck. "Trees are the answer."

They are...Nice :thumb:

Its so obvious when people drive from the city to the country and exclaim how "fresh" the air is because it is!...not to mention the esthetic value

Every relationship I've been in I have noticed the change in the girls after a while...I am always looking at the trees and plants and saying "look at that Douglas Fir or look at those Kousa Dogwood flowers" it rubs off ...most people don't appreciate the true beauty of nature around them...after a while everyone that thinks that every evergreen is a pine is like "look at the the bark on that scotch pine or that Carolina hemlock is beautiful" LOL...many times knowledge of nature leads to more enjoyment and appreciation of one's surroundings

Sorry if I went too off topic Canna...I'm gonna eat dinner now :)

Diatomaceous Earth:
Does anyone know for sure if this is effective on Spider Mites? Have a grower wanting to know for sure. ;-)
KingJohnC, have you used it for spider mites?
Thanks!

I have used diatomaceous earth to kill spider mites and thrips. I placed diatomaceous earth into a squeeze bottle and puffed the diatomaceous earth on the leaves and stems. This is very messy as you have fine powder everywhere in your grow area as well. I have used Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad and Monterey All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray to kill spider mites and thrips. Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad is OMRI listed and can be used up to the day of harvest. I add 3-5 drops per gallon of Ivory Liquid Soap as a surfactant to help the spray stick to leaves and stems better. I spray every 3 days alternating the 2 Monterey products for 2 weeks to kill adults and larvae as they hatch. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes 2 products to kill spider mites and thrips SNS-217C Concentrate and SNS-209 Systemic Insect Control.

https://ozbo.com Monterey Garden Insect Spray

https://ozbo.com All Natural 3 in 1 Garden Insect Spray

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-217c

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-209

Okay, we have one seed popped and planted. This is Dinafem Royal Haze

Dinafem_Royal_Haze_Popped.jpg

I'll be doing a few updates today on both threads.

I have discovered new growth definitely started on the other White Widow, so I have two plants that are now responding to Revegging! :yahoo:
Soooooo, I have placed my time lapse recorder on one of the plants to see if I can get some good video of the growing process.
Hopefully it will be worthwhile.
Today I am catching up on all of my entries to my Herb IQ program. That will take a while. LOL
The flowering plants....well I'm not sure if this is going to be a great harvest. The foxtailing has got me stumped. I keep going back to that timer failure a couple weeks ago, I can't think of anything else that would have caused this....except maybe the night time temperatures in the basement. We have another arctic cold vortex coming all next week and I'm keeping house temps around 66 degrees to try to squeak what's left of the propane through the rest of the cold weeks. Brrrrr...so I know if upstairs is at 66, then downstairs is 50 or below.
So, I'm considering moving the flowering girls upstairs this weekend to a back bathroom where I know there will be some decent temperatures. It will be a lot of work, but I think I'm going to have to do it because the cold weather is going to be here a while. BLECH!!! I'm even considering making it a permanent grow area as there is a small window in there that I can vent out heat and smell with a proper rigged board to put in the frame. DIY....never done with that. LOL
IF I am still here next year, there is going to be a decent heat source in the grow room downstairs.

I was in the basement this morning and decided to just go ahead and move these girls upstairs. I can't fight the cold down there right now.
So they are in a back bathroom in a shower that is rarely used. (Before you comment...There is another shower area in the house!! LOL)
I like the set up because there is a drain in there and if I have to flush again, it makes it convenient. I made a mesh screen for the drain so no leaves or other debris can make it through into the pipes. I used an expandable metal bar that people use for closets and put it on top of the shower walls with a board going across also. The board holds the Ballast and the bar holds the light. Worked perfectly.

New_Flower_area.jpg

I was in the basement this morning and decided to just go ahead and move these girls upstairs. I can't fight the cold down there right now.
So they are in a back bathroom in a shower that is rarely used. (Before you comment...There is another shower area in the house!! LOL)
I like the set up because there is a drain in there and if I have to flush again, it makes it convenient. I made a mesh screen for the drain so no leaves or other debris can make it through into the pipes. I used an expandable metal bar that people use for closets and put it on top of the shower walls with a board going across also. The board holds the Ballast and the bar holds the light. Worked perfectly.

New_Flower_area.jpg

Great use of the space, that looks awesome. Love your threads...always something new to see and learn from. :circle-of-love:

Sending some reps too :high-five:

Can you sit on the pot and gaze lovingly at the plants? It will lift your spirits much more than reading the paper. :rofl:

They look happy in there!

Thanks Heady! :circle-of-love:

And here's today's challenge:
What should I do with this plant? I want a bushy plant. Should I top it? Fim it? If so, what's my first step? I put numbers on the areas to make it easier for suggestions.
Top_or_Fim.jpg

Top it or fim and cut off all FAN leaves....she will explode....similar to my bushing on the blue cheeses.

After looking again, top/fim then take fan leaves off of 3,4, and 5.....take 1 and 2 after she gets a little stem length at those nodes...I'm sure the pro's will answer soon enough though :thumb:

The first pic is about 2 weeks after I made the cuts like yours.....

0061193.JPG

Another defol to encourage a bush

011741.JPG

and the recovery

0051417.JPG

0061239.JPG

Canna if it was me I would probably of topped already...I usually top at the third node and remove the single (true)leaves at the bottom..but with that plant I would top at the fourth node (# 2) and remove the first node (#5) and the single leaves below...in a few days ...this will give you 6 main branches...once they have a little growth then you can decide what you want to do with them...just a suggestion :)

Once you start really training I know you will love it :)...after you top I would leave them alone for 1 1/2 - 2 weeks to allow recovery time and to allow the internode branches to do their thing...after you top those branches will be receiving a lot more light :)

Edit: I just noticed you posted more pics....I was referring to post # 2508

Back
Top Bottom