Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Hey Canna, yep with flushing when you have a lock out due to PH, I always then PH all the flush water. I had this issue with Gitt the other day and flushed at 6.5, to me it just makes sense as your resetting the whole medium/root mass to the correct PH :) then I let dry out before feeding again. I also start first feed off at half dose just coz I do lol. Best of luck getting it sorted :)

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Hey Canna, yep with flushing when you have a lock out due to PH, I always then PH all the flush water. I had this issue with Gitt the other day and flushed at 6.5, to me it just makes sense as your resetting the whole medium/root mass to the correct PH :) then I let dry out before feeding again. I also start first feed off at half dose just coz I do lol. Best of luck getting it sorted :)
Thanks LA, for your MOTM comments (TRULY APPRECIATED) and for answering this.
I was just going to ask about whether to give full nutes or partial afterward. Makes sense to do it at 1/2 the dose.
I shall be flushing this evening. I'm going to have to guess at that PH....somehow. I don't have access to a proper PH pen today, so I am going to have to lower it more than the pen shows. I believe the pen is showing way too high. The reason I believe that is because I have been using less PH down to adjust it than I was during the first grow. That's what prompted me to check that pen in the first place. I mean, you don't just hit a pocket of water in your well that has a different PH than the rest of the water. LOL

Had to happen at some point I guess. Experience is what teaches us how-to. :thanks:

Tid-bit tip for using Message boxes. I have just found the method for using only part of a quote from another member whether it's on the current thread or one from another thread that you want to paste into your post.

Here's how:
Copy and paste the text you want into the message box. Highlight that text, Then click on the very last icon on the tools bar above, it's a little text balloon. Now your message will be quoted in your message box!
Like this:
From Light Addict, Cannafan's thread:
PH all the flush water. I had this issue with Gitt the other day and flushed at 6.5, to me it just makes sense as your resetting the whole medium/root mass to the correct PH then I let dry out before feeding again. I also start first feed off at half dose

I just do it the normal way then highlight, right click, & delete the part of the quote I don't need.
Here's how:

I just do it the normal way then highlight, right click, & delete the part of the quote I don't need.

Your deleting skills are better than mine. I wind up deleting either the first couple of letters, or that last word...or something else I didn't intend to do. LOL Can't tell you how many times I've had to start over when trying to quote something. :headbanger::laugh:

Only highlight what you want to remove.

Okay, Reg. I got that right in my head Now, if I wanted to copy/paste something from off site...

like this:

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, There would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.

source: Marijuana Jokes - Weed Jokes

But if I wanted it to appear quoted, I would have to highlight the text and click the balloon:

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, There would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.

source: Marijuana Jokes - Weed Jokes

You want to pH adjust the water you are going to flush your plants with. pH adjusting the water will attempt to re adjust the pH environment your plant is growing in. You can follow the flush with a low dose of nutrients as well.

I'm a bit late but :party: Tremendous win on MOTM:thumb:
:thanks: ajagunle! I am just happy as a cat with a toy full of catnip. LOL

You want to pH adjust the water you are going to flush your plants with. pH adjusting the water will attempt to re adjust the pH environment your plant is growing in. You can follow the flush with a low dose of nutrients as well.

Thank you KingJohnC,
and I have a question for you on the General Hydroponics series. Do you use the FloraNectar in your grows? I'm reading a magazine from Sierra Natural Science and they are suggesting to use the FloraNectar in addition to the other 3 ...bloom, gro, and micro.
If you use it, how much are you mixing with the rest of the products?
And, when you give Cal/Mag do you mix it WITH the GH feeding or do you mix that in a separate feed?

I think I may be mixing this stuff in the wrong quantities, I've been doing them in even amounts. According to this magazine, the suggested mixing amounts are much different than I've been doing. It has to do with taking the PPM's up to a specific level. I'm still sorting through that. LOL

do you flush just with phed water or do you recommend getting the flush products? sorry I know this isn't aimed at me however i just saw my ph was 5.0 and im assuming i want that up more.? thanks for any help on this. (im using coco perlite and hydroton,washed the hydroton super well and coco was harder but rinsed it 5 times hot water for first 2 times...and it is a pain!)

Congratulations on MOTM Canna! You most certainly deserve it! Enjoy your budder and nutes! MOTM +Reps coming your way!

do you flush just with phed water or do you recommend getting the flush products? sorry I know this isn't aimed at me however i just saw my ph was 5.0 and im assuming i want that up more.? thanks for any help on this. (im using coco perlite and hydroton,washed the hydroton super well and coco was harder but rinsed it 5 times hot water for first 2 times...and it is a pain!)

You can ask any questions you like here Mindcontrol. The answers you get will help others too! :thumb:

:thanks: ajagunle! I am just happy as a cat with a toy full of catnip. LOL

Thank you KingJohnC,
and I have a question for you on the General Hydroponics series. Do you use the FloraNectar in your grows? I'm reading a magazine from Sierra Natural Science and they are suggesting to use the FloraNectar in addition to the other 3 ...bloom, gro, and micro.
If you use it, how much are you mixing with the rest of the products?
And, when you give Cal/Mag do you mix it WITH the GH feeding or do you mix that in a separate feed?

I think I may be mixing this stuff in the wrong quantities, I've been doing them in even amounts. According to this magazine, the suggested mixing amounts are much different than I've been doing. It has to do with taking the PPM's up to a specific level. I'm still sorting through that. LOL

I have not used FloraNectar yet myself instead I have used molasses or for harvest flush I used a home made Clearex solution. If you are supplementing with calcium and magnesium you should include it with every watering whether you are using a nutrient mixture or pH adjusted water.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: FloraNectar

Today I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Colouring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 millilitres per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_001.JPG

Sucrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_002.JPG

Sodium Benzoate

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_003.JPG

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_004.JPG

here are 2 General Hydroponics Nutrient Calculators

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

Either using pH adjusted water or pH adjusted water and a flushing solution can be used, it is suggested that more built up salts in the medium can be removed and more nutrients extracted from the plant with a flushing solution. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Excellent info KJC :thumb:

Also if I may add...when you add your GH nutes to the water it is very important that you mix into the water before adding your calmag or vice versa...in order for the calmag to be added to your nute solution the nutes must be fully diluted in water before adding the calmag

Excellent info KJC :thumb:

Also if I may add...when you add your GH nutes to the water it is very important that you mix into the water before adding your calmag or vice versa...in order for the calmag to be added to your nute solution the nutes must be fully diluted in water before adding the calmag

Thank you Jay! I needed to be sure of that. :thanks:
I need to get caught up on subscribed threads. I've been so busy at work, page #569 of my job responsibilities list is bookkeeping.....and it's Tax prep time. {{groan}}

I have not used FloraNectar yet myself instead I have used molasses or for harvest flush I used a home made Clearex solution. If you are supplementing with calcium and magnesium you should include it with every watering whether you are using a nutrient mixture or pH adjusted water.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: FloraNectar

Today I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Colouring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 millilitres per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Sucrose

Sodium Benzoate

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

here are 2 General Hydroponics Nutrient Calculators

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

Thank you very much KJC! And great instructions for making the clearex solution. I'm going to give that a try on the next flush....hopefully at the end of flowering. LOL

Back
Top Bottom