Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Should be better.

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

If the leafs are still praying it's a good sign. When they start drooping for no apparent reason is when you need to start worrying,

If the leafs are still praying it's a good sign. When they start drooping for no apparent reason is when you need to start worrying,

Yeah, they're still praying. But they are stiff as a board. LOL She isn't dead, but she isn't feeling real good either. ;-)
Have a great weekend partner! I'm going to try to get a little project done outside in between storms. Hopefully won't have another till this evening.

:circle-of-love:

:popcorn:

Tool belt on? Check! Hammer in one hand a nail in the other? Check! The next couple of nails held at the ready between pursed lips? Well, for illustrative purposes it's useful....

:popcorn:

Tool belt on? Check! Hammer in one hand a nail in the other? Check! The next couple of nails held at the ready between pursed lips? Well, for illustrative purposes it's useful....

I actually do that with the nails.............LOL

All of my friends dropped by today...Dewalt, Makita, Craftsman, and Stanley/Bosch...along with their sidekicks, screws, hammer, nails, rubber mallets, and everything was patted down to be sure it was on the "level". We threw in a bunch of 2 x 4's and partied down. (No, Johnny Walker was not invited. Miller Lite visited for a bit.)
Will have pics of the party aftermath tomorrow. Going to see if things hold up in the storm brewing here this evening first.

You built a house of cards???? I hear Makita has a steady hand but if the wind blows... I shudder to think.

:green_heart:

You built a house of cards???? I hear Makita has a steady hand but if the wind blows... I shudder to think.

:green_heart:

My hesitation on storm worthiness comes from remnant memories of my first attempt at a Pergola that collapsed under weight of snow due to a minor design flaw.............okay, okay...a major design flaw. :laughtwo:

Dewalt is an excellent bluffer, I think he'll take the pot.

:cheer:

I have a couple of minor finishing things to do this morning and the girls will be moving to a new residence.

Storm tested and Mother approved! My plants are now protected from the chewing bugs and other critters.

I built a frame 7.5' x 6' from left over 2 x 4's and used 1 x 6's on the top. The corner posts are buried about 1 1/2' into the ground for good support. Here's how it started, the ugly thing in the center is a well pump and cannot be moved. Have to work around it.

greenhouse_5.jpg

I was going to wrap this in plastic sheeting, but when I was digging around in the garage I happened upon a better idea for summer. I had a 12' x 12' canvas/screen gazebo out on the pond deck about 10 years or so ago. We had a straight line wind storm that completely destroyed the top and all of the support frame, and two of four corner wrought iron shelving units. The screening and two of the corner units made it through.
I used this on the greenhouse, and put porch screening on the top. When the colder months are here, it will come off easily and I can wrap it in plastic. Close enough to the house to get some heat in there too.

Here's the finished product:

greenhouse_2.jpg

greenhouse_4.jpg

greenhouse_3.jpg

greenhouse_11.jpg

The bottom is all stapled onto 2x4's that are half buried to keep the digging critters out...hopefully. The main thing is, the bugs aren't getting in and there is plenty of sunshine going on with the top being screen as well as the sides.

I put the two corner shelving units in there, and also built a small stand for plants using leftovers from the bed in the house.
I'll have some hanging plants in there soon too, on swinging hooks.

It must be in the genes........:cheesygrinsmiley::love:

Truly outstanding Sista........:adore::slide::high-five:

And on today's episode of "believe it or not"....3 of my seedlings got knocked over by a brat cat almost two weeks ago and got their stems pinched to the point of no repair.
I cut them and put them in water, kept alive for about a week and then decided to try to root them. I scraped the little bit of 1 inch stem I had to work with, no nodes or anything present, and put some rooting hormone powder on them. I placed them in root plugs and into shot glasses. One of these things has rooted!

roots100.jpg

I am hoping on the other two now. :)

It must be in the genes........:cheesygrinsmiley::love:

Truly outstanding Sista........:adore::slide::high-five:
Thank you brother dear. Hope you are doing well! :)

Isn't it against the law to create two fantastic new grow areas in the same week?

You could run a cannabis themed Bed and Breakfast. "Would you like the Rocking Room? Or perhaps one of our outside venues for sleeping with cannabis?"

Ya know....that's not an entirely bad idea......:laughtwo: Thanks!

Mother of God, Canna, all that going on in the 90 degree heat and sky high humidity that was this weekend.....you are the bee's knees, girl....you could swing circles around a 20 year old....you should be proud, indeed.... :goodjob:

Quite a weekend there Canna. I love that all your projects are accompanied with so much witty banter. Ahhhh! Many good chuckles.

Extra bonus points in life for keeping the screening around long enough to repurpose it here. I usually throw it away two weeks before I find out I needed it. :laughtwo:

Mother of God, Canna, all that going on in the 90 degree heat and sky high humidity that was this weekend.....you are the bee's knees, girl....you could swing circles around a 20 year old....you should be proud, indeed.... :goodjob:
Bee's Knees?? :rofl::rofl: I think my Dad used to say that....sometime around when I was born...

Yes, it was a sweltering weekend. I got smarter today and stayed hydrated with water whether I wanted it or not. ;-) It had to be this weekend or not at all, I'll be doing tons of overtime starting this week again.

I thought about you several times while I was constructing this, thinking maybe a cheap screen tent with a separate detachable top would do you good there. It would keep the deer out.

Hope all is going well there.

Quite a weekend there Canna. I love that all your projects are accompanied with so much witty banter. Ahhhh! Many good chuckles.

Extra bonus points in life for keeping the screening around long enough to repurpose it here. I usually throw it away two weeks before I find out I needed it. :laughtwo:

Thanks Sue, I'm glad to get a laugh where needed. :)

I'm not a pack rat...but I do keep things that I just know I can use someday. I also know what to throw away, so I guess I'm at a happy place with my "inventory". It's nice to complete a major project and not have to spend a penny. :)

Hope you had a nice weekend.

Back
Top Bottom