Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Yo, T. What are those, like 3-5 gallons? Could you give them a rub-a-dub-dub watering soon?

flush6.jpg

It does not matter if they are in fabric or plastic/ceramic pots so long as there are drain holes. The plastic or pottery pots will just need to sit a little longer.

Sit them in a bath that goes about 1/2 to 2/3 up the side and let them play with their rubber duckies for about 20 minutes. Then pour more water over the top of the pot. Be thorough like if you were rinsing all the shampoo out of a child's hair. Then set them up to drain.

flush31.jpg

I like to use an inverted milk crate.

That soil you made is pretty well drained. It will only hold so much water. If you do the rub-a-dub dub watering the soil will be thoroughly saturated. It will give you a sense of how hefty the pots are in the thoroughly hydrated state. You should not have to water the every day, trust me. When you water from the top you need to go slow and in stages and get the soil completely hydrated. Rub-a-dub-dub will give you an idea of what that means in that soil.

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Gotcha PeeJay. And thanks for taking the time for detailed instructions!

I've been lifting the pots, and thought I had a pretty good feel for wet vs. dry. I'll give your method a try out over the weekend. Those seedlings were dry as a bone this morning, wasn't expecting that and two of the larger plants were droopin' several times the last few days. They perk back up after the watering.
This area is pretty much full sun all day. The plant down by the pond gets maybe 5-6 hours of full sun, she's not requiring too much.

This is certainly a learning curve. LOL

I have had loads and loads of potted plants here over the 14 years, and yes, I've had to water daily....this summer has been very cool by our standards....but still....mostly 70's, a few 80's, when by this time it's usually 80's, 90's, and lurking close to 100's...on many occasions over the years I have to hose down the horses daily....but for that reason, Canna, I have no flower pots going so I can devote my time to my little yet to be born babies during the veggie stage outside in pots while I swab down the grow rooms and get them all sterile again for me to begin anew and incorporate lessons learned....

Oh, I do remember the days of hosing down the horses. They didn't like it at first, but after a while they came to enjoy it. :)
If you get some babies soon, feel free to post pics here if you like. We love new kids!

I hear ya. I'm the guy who battles 24 F dew points, strong sun, wind, and ~ 100 degree temps regularly and even then I don't have to water plants in those size containers everyday. Hit 'em up with a rub-a-dub-dub and lets see what the buzz is if you have time.

:circle-of-love:

UPDATE 7-12-15 All Outdoor Girls

I headed out for some gardening this morning, beautiful warm morning. Figured I might as well get some pic updates while out there.

I took the chicken wire cages off two of them and placed them in with the other girls in the pen. The critter problem has seemingly subsided based on videos and no trap activity. WHEW! I cut the mesh screen down and cleared up the mess of tomato cages etc., makes it a whole lot easier to get in there and tend to them now. I put the damaged girl up on a bucket for more sun, I sure hope she starts coming back around. Not dead, but not really shooting for the moon either. LOL

update_7-12_7.jpg

I've been spraying the SNS 217 on the plants and it does seem to be helping, I don't see many of those leaf hoppers around now. I'm just about out of it, so a couple days ago I made my own Rosemary oil and some Clove oil using crockpots.
I'm testing it out on some miscellaneous plants around the yard first. I don't want to be spraying my girls with concoctions before I know they are safe. ;-)

Now...the Wildlings. They are growing fast now! I went in there this morning with the intent to do some weed yanking and decided not to do that. There's been low flying air plane activity in the area the last few days, every year they do this. Helicopters too, they peeve me off when they drop so low. I looked at the haven and decided what better cover to blend in with the plants than all that green of the low to ground weeds? It would make it hard to tell what's going on from above and make it appear untended. Stealth.

So here they are:

update_7-12_6.jpg

update_7-12_5.jpg

update_7-12_4.jpg

update_7-12_2.jpg

update_7-12_3.jpg

update_7-12_1.jpg

Here's the purple, there are even more bud sites forming. Not big by any means:

update_7-12_9.jpg

update_7-12_10.jpg

update_7-12_11.jpg

Good call on the Rub-A-Dub PeeJay!

I've been thinking about doing that for my girls so now I will!

I was watering every other day the last two weeks. It was in the low 90's outside and I believe well over 100 in the tent. Besides drink too much water, the girls didn't mind the heat at all. But that's probably because my humidity is too high :) 1st world problems I suppose :high-five:

Canna, If you want to make you plant more stealthy, take a page out of Reggies book and get some fake flowers from a $1 store or a craft store, put them on the plants in question and from a distance they no longer look like cannabis plants because everybody knows cannabis plants don't grow bright beautiful peddle-y flowers.

I've got some here and waiting to do that SweetLeef. :) Will definitely be doing that in the pen at the house soon.

I want to get some plastic tomatoes. Considering painting some foam balls or plastic eggs red. LOL

That's a really decent idea Canna. Fake tomatoes. :laughtwo:

The purple strain has time to beef up those bud sites. The colors are amazing on that one.

That was one of my favorite posts. :laughtwo:

Love that waterfall PeeJay. I should do one for the corner of my living room. I have the pump and the stones available lying around the neighborhood, and once I clear Dale's hobby stuff from the room I'll have more than enough space. I think I shall.

I love the flower idea !!! I will have to use it next summer.

UPDATE indoor girls 7-13-15

While the outdoor kids are dancing in the rain this morning, I've been contemplating what to do on the tight space light issue in the grow.

Here's a pic of the girls, the second one had to be taken through the shower door because I can't get it open enough to get in there with any room.
To get a size perspective I put Mr. Moose in front of the plants.

update_7-13_1.jpg

update_7-13_2.jpg

The large plant in the front is the Buddha that spread out and got really tall. Based on the information from the strain choices in that mix of seeds I have determined this is most likely the Deimos strain. All of the other choices were short plants and indica dominant. This one looks more Sativa to me and it not in any way a squat plant. So, we'll see.

Now, on to the light space problem. New plan is in the works.
As you can see in this picture, the light is right up against the shower door and the cabinet doors. So I have lost access to the cabinet, and can't open the shower door up.

Light_Space.jpg

I'm making use of the spare bedroom again. I tore apart a bed that I had built a few years ago for my granddaughter and will be re-purposing all of the materials, including the support frame mattress piece leaning on the wall in the picture.
Along with some lumber from a handicap ramp in my garage that I have torn down.

Bed_frame_repurpose.jpg

My goal is to make this a temporary set up that can be removed without too much trouble, have a high enough space for the lighting to allow plant growth, and protect the walls and carpet from wetness and other such things that happen with plants.

I will update when finished. :)

And now viewers, your local weather report......

I love a good thunderstorm, but this was not good. After I got home from work last night I heard one rolling in, so I headed out to the back porch to sit and watch. It was nice for a while, distant lightning and soft boomers rolling, light rain.....then it hit. Within 5 seconds the wind just exploded, the lightning was on top of us and the thunder was shaking the house. I heard a loud familiar sound of a tree getting struck and hightailed it into the house. It lasted about 5 minutes and ended as quickly as it arrived.

When I went outside this morning I found tree branches stuck upright in the yard and one large limb laying across my car. No damage. WHEW!

So, the plants in the den at the porch are fine. The Wildlings didn't fare so well. Here's the tallest one I found when I got there:

Storm_girl_2.jpg

Thank you Lord...it didn't break the stem. I went through and uprighted the rest of them, they weren't as bad but leaning pretty good. Carbon arrow support sticks. LOL

Now she looks kind of wierd, like someone took an iron to her to flatten out her crinkles.

Storm_girl_1.jpg

And Mr. Mole took care of himself. I had a bucket in the Haven to collect rainwater, he got into it somehow and drowned himself.

I know there is a tree down somewhere near the house, but the mosquitoes are horrendous..I'll check on a sunny day. ;-)

Ahhhhh..............outside growing is such a great time. ;-)

I hear ya, Canna, on the storm...woke up and another 500 lb. chunk of one of my 37 Bradford pear trees in the drive was down....4th storm in a row that has done that....BUT, for once it didn't land across the pasture fencing...found my porch chair in the boxwood bushes in the front garden bed.....

RIP Mr. Mole, holy cow, considering, your plants made it thru pretty well....

Overrun by vermin. Leafhopper plague. Torrential rains and wind. It's like the seven plagues of Egypt over here!

I hear ya, Canna, on the storm...woke up and another 500 lb. chunk of one of my 37 Bradford pear trees in the drive was down....4th storm in a row that has done that....BUT, for once it didn't land across the pasture fencing...found my porch chair in the boxwood bushes in the front garden bed.....

RIP Mr. Mole, holy cow, considering, your plants made it thru pretty well....

Your poor pear trees are taking a terrible hit this year. So sorry to hear that!
We must have had several roll through while I was working, I actually heard thunder from inside the plant I work in. Now with all that noise going on in there, we have to wear earplugs.....you know it had to be strong. :thedoubletake:

The stress of the storm will likely make them more vigorous Canna ( hopeless optimist here!).

I'm impressed with you DIY attitude girl. Being married to a carpenters/electrician/all round handyman meant I was lazy about that and let him do all the heavy work. My first attempt at using the drill was installing my filtration system. I have never - yes never- used a power saw on my own. I will have to get up the courage and do something about that. I need a small space for cloning and I have all this plywood and 2x4s to play with.

This growing up stuff is scary but fun. You inspire me Canna.

Back
Top Bottom