Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Is the new greenhouse built yet? You had the whole day off for Pete's sake!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

My Mother used to make the best pies with those little pucker your mouth things...believe it or not. :laughtwo:

Oh man, I believe it! Mmm Mmm. I've got to track down a crab apple tree post haste!

:laughtwo:

I'm sorry boss, the two day cooking marathon took up a ton of time....then eating it...that took up time too.

I got the fencing cut off the corral posts, and the area cleared for the structure, and ripped some firring strips from 2x4's. That's where it got late and mosquito's were monstrous.

I'll get to it again over the weekend if I'm not working too much oe'r time.

'dat okay boss?

:circle-of-love:

Wow every things looks really good. My autos are messed up. I think that they are hard to grow outside. Have you done them outside yet? The green house link is great!! It gave me some ideas for next summer :circle-of-love:

Wow every things looks really good. My autos are messed up. I think that they are hard to grow outside. Have you done them outside yet? The green house link is great!! It gave me some ideas for next summer :circle-of-love:

Hi Lady V,

I have never grown auto's before at all. This is a first for me indoors or outdoors. I really love the Purple going on outside, it's such a rich color. I'm wondering though, if it's because it's outside with the temperature changes from day to night that it is so purple.
I did turn a plant purple, the leaves and stem, with temp changes in my basement. This auto is not only purple on the buds, but on the leaves and stem as well.

The purples I have indoors under the LED units are budding normal colors, there is not even a hint of purple on them as yet. They are purple strains.
We'll see how this turns out, but if it's because of the temperature changes I'm going to be playing around with that idea. ;-)

We haven't had a truly warm summer, if my area gets above 75 we're in heaven around here. Took two days off work this week, July for pete's sake!, and it didn't get above 70 and the nights were really chilly. Had to drag out the indoor heater. Incredible

The greenhouse is going....but I've had to change the construction materials a bit. I am building one that uses cattle fencing and my sections of fencing are only around 8', supposed to use 16'. So I've had to rig up a way to get the length I need. I found a few sections of PVC plumbing pipe that will help and dug up some 2" pvc pipe in a roll that was used for the pond fountain. I'm going to cut that to length and attach the cattle fencing to it with zip ties, then put some round clamps on it when it's up so I can get a proper bend for the structure. If that makes sense. ;-) If that works, then I'm going to make it longer than the specs required because I do have so much fencing available. No cost! Gotta love that.

Okay, for those of you waiting for talk of cannabis.....

One of the indoor plants has had to be tied down because it was getting too tall, now it's too wide. I am running out of space to bring the lights up, believe it or not. I didn't think Autos would have any issues with getting really tall.
Anyway, if I hang my newest LED light in there so I can spread the plants out a bit, will that be too much light? I do not know enough about these lights to know when there is just too much or that doesn't matter as much as getting them far enough away height wise so the light spectrum can properly mix as it falls.

Anybody got a thought on that? I can get that new light in there, it's long but I think there's room.

Thanks!

Dammit! Your autos are growing too fast! :straightface:

Yeah, get that new beast of a light over 'em. So long as it doesn't cause a heat issue it will be golden.

morning cana

From what reading I have done on different strains, it is the temp fluctuation that will give them color. Your indoor plant unless you let the temp drop when your lights are out won't get that cool looking purple.

Question to you Sista.........once your seed pops up above ground, how long do you wait before you start to count actual veg days? And, when do you start counting veg days for clones. :love:

Send mom lots of love. :circle-of-love:

HI brother dear,

I count the veg days from the time it gets the first true set of leaves. (not the cotyledons) I don't know if that's the right way to do it, but it's how I've always done it.

On previous clones, as long as they have at least two full sets of leaves I start counting immediately.
These are good questions and it would be great to hear how others do it. Right way, wrong way?

Okay, I actually went ahead and hung the other LED and ran into a problem. I can't open my shower door more than about 8" now. There is just not enough space.
I have searched forever on how to take off this blasted neanderthal shower system door and cannot find a site or a person who takes it apart without dismantling the whole top of the structure, that would mean everything has to come down and out of the danged room.

I don't want to rip it apart and break those hinges, apparently they are tough to find these days. It's a swing out door. Maybe someone out there can help with how to do that if I send ya some pics?

Grrrr.......

Clones takes 11 to 12 days to root. So I would not count them days until growth starts back. That way it's a true count.

Shawnee, one thing I've noticed about outdoor grows here is that you need to check for watering everyday. The sun depletes it quickly!
I am watering the outdoor girls daily. My poor little seedlings took a hit, but I think I got the water to them in time. Live and learn....

:circle-of-love:

Thanks for that, Canna....I have sprouted 3 out of 6 seeds so far, so still "expectantly" waiting.....:cheer:

Don't overwater, will slow them down... Canna, daily? I can go two/three weeks without seeing my girls..

Don't overwater, will slow them down... Canna, daily? I can go two/three weeks without seeing my girls..

What did you do to prepare the site Grizz? I immediately thought of Conradino and his grows. He only gets out to them periodically.

I have had loads and loads of potted plants here over the 14 years, and yes, I've had to water daily....this summer has been very cool by our standards....but still....mostly 70's, a few 80's, when by this time it's usually 80's, 90's, and lurking close to 100's...on many occasions over the years I have to hose down the horses daily....but for that reason, Canna, I have no flower pots going so I can devote my time to my little yet to be born babies during the veggie stage outside in pots while I swab down the grow rooms and get them all sterile again for me to begin anew and incorporate lessons learned....

Back
Top Bottom