Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

7, and you have the nerve to say you don't enjoy learning? Go figure.

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

7Dust, you wouldn't have a picture of the PVC greenhouse would you? I've been seriously considering that too, although the idea of using old screen frames and window frames with screen on them is getting more and more into my head. My idea is more to keep critters away than a "hot" house or weather proof structure.

That's what happens when you live at a zoo, lol... You near critterville? I Feel bad, saying how easy it is...we don't have none of these little furkers.... Guess all our snakes took care of em back in the day, lol... I told jay about using the old window-frames for hot house. Really good, you can open the sashes for ventilation, skylight on roof, tomatoes all year round & strawberries, yum...

7Dust, you wouldn't have a picture of the PVC greenhouse would you? I've been seriously considering that too, although the idea of using old screen frames and window frames with screen on them is getting more and more into my head. My idea is more to keep critters away than a "hot" house or weather proof structure.

soon as the woman gets home from work with the i-Pad. i think i got pic of it as a frame.right now. its covered in weeds lol.

Last year I happened along a road that had a greenhouse built from old windows, like you would find at Habitat for Humanity or other used goods places. I thought it was a pretty cool idea, although the one I saw was pretty rough looking asthetically.

I found a site today that has some examples done very well, thought you guys/gals would find this interesting and possible?

Greenhouses from Old Windows and Doors

Absolutely Canna. I've seen them done with an eye for esthetics and they are truly beautiful as well as thrifty. I like the thrifty part. :blushsmile:

Dale and I built one once using aluminum tubing. You had to have a tube bender, but it was much sturdier than PVC. We covered it with heavy mill plastic. It was surprisingly durable. The one on the front of our home was made of wood frame glazed with translucent fiberglass sheets. That one held up for over 20 years.

check you pms cana i sent pic of my green house before everything

check you pms cana i sent pic of my green house before everything

PVC one here has been up about 2 years now. it will not live 20 years. lol. maybe 5. if that.
its cheep cost me less than 100.00 i had things around the yard i used and this what i got.
photo-1119.jpg
photo-278.jpg

True . No black paint. It absorb heat.

That's beautiful 7. Inexpensive, easy to build and can be made more durable. How stable is it against the wind? That was the reason Dale insisted on aluminum instead of PVC. That greenhouse was where we wintered over bonsai that weren't frost tolerant.

That's beautiful 7. Inexpensive, easy to build and can be made more durable. How stable is it against the wind? That was the reason Dale insisted on aluminum instead of PVC. That greenhouse was where we wintered over bonsai that weren't frost tolerant.

Well we had 60 in winds here and few stroms. Plastic more heavy it is better hold up to wind. I have 12 mil on mine. It's pretty tuff. But it cost . I wanted it heavy to hold up longer . But still less than 500. Total .100 for pic 300 for plastic. U can find sales on heavy material than reg. 6 mil garden poly.
Then take 1x4s at bottom with steel pipe hangers. Get them ab out 4 bucks for 10. . Screws. Fold poly over make neat. Make window with pvc. Heck I made door. Do anything put up mind to it.

You provided me with exactly what I needed to see 7Dust! Of course, what I build will not be that big. I know exactly what to do now and what to purchase to do it. I have lots of PVC pipe here from an old project a few years back, I always buy more than I need. LOL
I can get the plastic at Lowes in rolls, I do it every year anyway to put around the screened porch to keep wind and snow out.
Making doors is easy, or pick one up on the cheap at Habitat for Humanity.

I'll get my pops in on it, he loves a good building project too. ;-)

Thanks for the pics!

Edit: I just reviewed video from yesterday. I put two mouse/chipmunk have-a-heart traps down next to the pen. Got two chippee's in them. Then....Mr. woodchuck showed up and went all around that pen looking for a way in. So, now I know for sure he's still around and looking to do some damage. Grrrrr............

That purple is beautiful, Canna!

No I want to build a greenhouse!

The last thing I need is another project :)

But the wheels are a spinning now.

mouse on the wheel is TURNING. lol. it goes round and round.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i love them pics. beautiful cana. simple beautiful.:circle-of-love:

Hey 7Dust,

did you pick your name after the band? I dig those guys. Brings me back to 8th-9th grade :)

Hey 7Dust,

did you pick your name after the band? I dig those guys. Brings me back to 8th-9th grade :)

dont really know i was hi when i did it.. i was Grayhawk also . i dont use that name anymore but used to be for about year. there. when D dragged me into journals. lol. jk. but true i dont remember. i think it was 7dust spray. for gardens.

Back
Top Bottom