Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

The stress of the storm will likely make them more vigorous Canna ( hopeless optimist here!).

I'm impressed with you DIY attitude girl. Being married to a carpenters/electrician/all round handyman meant I was lazy about that and let him do all the heavy work. My first attempt at using the drill was installing my filtration system. I have never - yes never- used a power saw on my own. I will have to get up the courage and do something about that. I need a small space for cloning and I have all this plywood and 2x4s to play with.

This growing up stuff is scary but fun. You inspire me Canna.

Having grown up with two brothers and no sisters, and a large volume of uncles hanging around, I learned from all of them. I got to a point where I just had to prove to all these dudes "Anything you can do I can do better"....(anybody know who originally sang that and what movie?)
I enjoyed taking on projects and learned to not be afraid of power tools, you have to respect them first. :)
I don't pay to have anything repaired here, if it breaks down I use common sense and understand how it works first...then tackle what could have gone wrong.
My tip to you is, YOUTUBE is your best friend!! If you need to know how to fix, do, create, adapt....SOMEONE on youtube is doing it for you to learn from.

:circle-of-love:

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Annie Get Your Gun, originally Betty Hutton & Howard Keel

Having grown up with two brothers and no sisters, and a large volume of uncles hanging around, I learned from all of them. I got to a point where I just had to prove to all these dudes "Anything you can do I can do better"....(anybody know who originally sang that and what movie?)
I enjoyed taking on projects and learned to not be afraid of power tools, you have to respect them first. :)
I don't pay to have anything repaired here, if it breaks down I use common sense and understand how it works first...then tackle what could have gone wrong.
My tip to you is, YOUTUBE is your best friend!! If you need to know how to fix, do, create, adapt....SOMEONE on youtube is doing it for you to learn from.

:circle-of-love:

Shawnee beat us to the movie title (quick draw there girl, impressive :blushsmile: ). I always forget about YouTube. Hahaha! Thanks for the reminder.

ok hows the critter killer over here. lmao. we good or we still being eating alive.

Get that Woman a Critter Cam. !!!!

Alllllll Righty then!

I took 4 hours vacation time today with a goal of three things. Fix the riding lawn mower (again), mow the fields that are supposed to be lawns, and get the grow set up in the spare bedroom.

I accomplished all three, and have four hours to spare before going to work. Sweet!

Here's the set up in the bedroom. I did not have to build anything, or tear anything apart. I used the bed frame as a wall on one side and an old door as a support on the other end. There is a long 2 x 4 that is the bar to hang the lights on. I can get a couple of lights on that bar if needed.

On the bed frame end there is a bookshelf with some nice heavy phone books (does anyone actually use those anymore?) and other old books to give it weight. The frame sits against that and I have two screws into the back of it setting the frame to it.
Tested and sturdy! The floor for the plants is the support mattress frame. It's just wood with a very slight cushion of bedding on it. I covered it with another cheap plastic picnic table cloth so I wouldn't get water issues on the frame or floor.

grow_room_117.jpg

Right next to a window that I can open during lights on and get fresh air blowing in with the fan.

grow_room_215.jpg

What worked out by surprise was a handy shelf that I can grow sprouts on using the CFL fixtures. They clamped right on to the bed frame.

grow_room_46.jpg

Now I don't have to tie down plants that get too tall, they have plenty of room to grow. Here's Buddha with lots of flowering sites on her. I took her tie downs off so she can relax.

grow_room_39.jpg

Temporary as I wanted, and functional.

Now I'm going to sit in the bedroom in my rocker and watch her grow. :laughtwo:

Not one to sit idling....so what the hell. Let's get the girls out of the cramped shower space and give them some room to breathe.
I set up the rolling clothes rack with the Budmaster LED box, and put them in the bedroom. Plenty of room in there. Now I can get the SWICK pots under them too.
You didn't think I was kidding about the rocking chair did you? :laughtwo:

grow_room_611.jpg

Grow_room_515.jpg

grow_room_713.jpg

Just because shot....

grow_room_82.jpg

Nice work

This is exactly the kind of thing I would have pulled together Canna, repurposing things in a temporary manner. I always figure this stuff is already here taking up space, so why not make it do double duty? Brilliant, effective, thrifty, innovative use of materials. You know you're amazing, right? :laughtwo: :love:

Everything looks good Partner considering all the obstacles you've overcome. Keep up the great work.

Be sure to put suntan lotion on your skin or coverup with long sleeves and sunglasses whilst sitting in that chair...

You got nice house Cana. Nice dacore (i think thats way you spell it). prob not tho.
and in moutains too. hmmmmmm. nice!!!!!!. jk. lovely home hun.

This little battered and beaten White Widow is just not progressing outside at all. Her little leaves are still straight up and looking thin. I brought her inside and put her under the LED with the Buddha. I hope that she can now get some rest from the dangers and come back to life.

WW_fem_baby_1.jpg

WW_fem_baby_2.jpg

And these poor plants in the porch den! SNS is not a miracle cure for bugs, and there is no shortage of those chewing b-sterds out there! I covered the top with some screen this morning to deter the chomping ones that hop in.

No fear....Momma's got the weekend off and a new plan. :;):

It's FRRRRRRRIIIIDAAAAYYYY

:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom