Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

Update today. One thing that happened when I switched to the plants to 12/12 to force sex is that the plants went into stretching mode. I've had to tie all of them down today because they got too tall. No real problem, but I hadn't thought that would happen so fast.

And here are Royal Haze and Fruit Auto. Still no pistils, and have done some light LST. I know auto's aren't supposed to like that (Fruit auto), but we'll see what she does:

And finally, Widow Master Fluxing gal. I did a little defoliating on her this morning. I may do more tomorrow:

So, tying them down is called Fluxing? Still learning terminology:loopy:

They LOOK REALLY GOOD!!!!:thumb: I like reading your journal :high-five:

So, tying them down is called Fluxing? Still learning terminology:loopy:

They LOOK REALLY GOOD!!!!:thumb: I like reading your journal :high-five:
Hi Lady V!
No, most of my tying down here is just plain Low Stress Training,(commonly referred to as LST). There is only one plant that I'm doing fluxing on, as pictured above.
Fluxing is another entirely different method that starts when the plant is fairly young and involves nipping off some tops at the start. That's a rather generic explanation. LOL
If you look at Light Addicts signature, there are excellent tutorials of the method. He is King of Fluxing in my opinion.
Here is his quick guide to Fluxing:

Light Addict's Quick Guide To Fluxing - Featuring The Original Flux!

:thumb:

Thanks Reg!
Yeah, I guess you could say it that way. It was offered to me and I accepted. ColoradoKid is also on the team. He does a great job. ;-)
It's certainly a different avatar than a yawning lion. :rofl:

And thanks to Jay, snakelad and Pinky!

I got my new "good deal" HPS light hung today. YEY! Can't wait to get some more plants flowering. :)

Every time I saw your Lion avatar I viewed it as a laughing lion...made me smile :)

Can't wait to see your results with the new light...excited for you :thumb:

I'm going to do some cloning this weekend, so just to refresh myself and maybe get some new ideas I did a search for cloning.
Here's a great post by 420 on the process. I thought it might be useful to others too, just a refresher course. ;-)

How To Clone A Cannabis Plant

:rofl: that is what I am doing today as well. :popcorn:

I wasn't prepared for a party today, but I have to give Dinafem Fruit Auto her coming out party. She is showing her pistils! :yahoo:

4-5-14_Fruit_auto_2.jpg

4-5-14_Fruit_auto_3.jpg

4-5-14_Fruit_auto_1.jpg

I'm scared to death of autos but the last order I placed for seeds (not here yet) They threw in freebies of Autos so I guess I will eventually give them a try. I don't even remember what strain they are but guess if I pay attention and figure out the light schedule for it and just let it grow I'm good huh? You mentioned they don't like training and I've heard that too so other than put em' in dirt and water them all they do is just grow??? There's gotta be a catch and every time I see someone growing one they are having issues so stay the course so I can follow your example please.....:high-five:...:circle-of-love:

Cool! I have come across two more posted methods today by coincidence, check out this post on BAR's thread and then another one by uptheholler a couple posts after that one. Just to give some alternative ideas:

New City Grower 2.0

Thanks for the info I will do that :thumb:

I'm scared to death of autos but the last order I placed for seeds (not here yet) They threw in freebies of Autos so I guess I will eventually give them a try. I don't even remember what strain they are but guess if I pay attention and figure out the light schedule for it and just let it grow I'm good huh? You mentioned they don't like training and I've heard that too so other than put em' in dirt and water them all they do is just grow??? There's gotta be a catch and every time I see someone growing one they are having issues so stay the course so I can follow your example please.....:high-five:...:circle-of-love:
Hey Dennise,
mine were freebie seeds too. Both Dinafem. I'll be taking clones off both plants and one of them, the Royal Haze I'm going to do the feminised seeds with. Fruit Auto, I'm just going to let the mother grow and see how big it gets. I've read that Autos don't give a really great yield. And they do grow and mature at their own pace, but you still have to give them nutrients like any other plant.
I'll leave this one grow, other than taking a clone. Was going to do that today, but the shoots aren't long enough for my liking yet.
I did get a clone from the Royal Haze today.
Have a great day, I'll be catching up on you this weekend. I'm soooooo far behind on my threads.
:circle-of-love:

It's a gal... Blunts for everyone!

:blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt::blunt:

I've read that Autos don't give a really great yield. And they do grow and mature at their own pace, but you still have to give them nutrients like any other plant.
I'll leave this one grow, other than taking a clone. Was going to do that today, but the shoots aren't long enough for my liking yet.

Canna, not sure clones from an auto are worthwhile (if I'm reading it correctly), you can't stop them flowering and by the time it has rooted it is likely to yield less or the same as if you had left it on the Mother, although everything (almost) is worth a try!

Here's the rest of the picture updates for today.
First up the Widow Masters:
I'm going to have to move lighting around again tomorrow, these girls are just getting too tall even with the slight LST going on.

4-5_widow_masters.jpg

And Dinafem Royal Haze. I took a small clone cutting from her today. Hope it's a her...no sex showing as yet.

4-5_royal_haze.jpg

And the fluxing gal. I wish this would have been the male, it's started a bit too tall by the time I decided to try to flux. It's getting pretty bushy, but I like it:

4-5_fluxing.jpg

Canna, not sure clones from an auto are worthwhile (if I'm reading it correctly), you can't stop them flowering and by the time it has rooted it is likely to yield less or the same as if you had left it on the Mother, although everything (almost) is worth a try!

I know you are right on that AJ, but I wanted to see what would happen if I started one early...before the mother plant had shown sex.
We shall see..........:hmmmm:
Heck, if I can't experiment...what fun would I have? :laughtwo:
Hope you are having a great weekend! :circle-of-love:

Hey canna.plants doing grt.dennise,if ur using soil that has nuts in,u don't have 2 worry about food till about week 6.

When doing seeds does it have to be in a rapid rooter or that other thing? I use OFF can I put the seed right into that soil? I have heard so many things and read that it burns them. I don't remember what soil cannafan is using. I do not do so well with the pugs even when I am cloning. When I clone this time I am going to try the plugs(rapid rooters) and not make them so wet. I think that is my issue with them.

Back
Top Bottom