Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

Snakehead,
Well, even if they let you down on harvest size/amount...you can always use the plant for cannabutters etc. Trichomes are trichomes and they can be put to use. :high-five:

My first time out of 5 or 6 plants 13 grams :oops:. This time I'm not doing trees and everyone on this site has been nice and helpful :circle-of-love:. I still think the need a refugee icon thing. Hang in even if you find your self upside down in a tree. Someone here will give you a rope :goodluck:

Well, I think I made a really good deal today. I picked up an 800W Sun Systems hood/ballast/hid/hps from a guy for a grand total of $65.00!
It takes combination 400W HPS/HID bulbs, one on either side of the unit.
It's missing the glass. But I have a piece of tempered glass I can get cut to size for it at home.
I tested everything, including the ballast and did the "smell" test for any overheating issues. Tested out perfectly.
Whaddya think ya'll?

Sun_System.jpg

very nice! I find myself reading your log middle and back once more. I just want this cold or what ever it is to go away. Doc apt not until the 8th.

I think you got a good deal. :thumb:

What are your future plans for widow master are you planning on stabilizing the strain canna fan?

I am excited as I have my first little seedling from my first cross going and I am popping another 12 today!!

Looking forward to seeing your progress with widow master!

What are your future plans for widow master are you planning on stabilizing the strain canna fan?

I am excited as I have my first little seedling from my first cross going and I am popping another 12 today!!

Looking forward to seeing your progress with widow master!

Hey Shottafire! Great news on the seedling and the future "poppers". I wish I could pop seeds everyday. LOL
The only real plan I have right now on the strain is to test it out when it's ready and possibly to cross this with another strain entirely.
can I ask what you mean by "stabilize" it? I'm still quite new at this crossing and developing new strains.
Thanks and have a great day. I'll check on ya to see if you got pics up. We all love to see babies. :circle-of-love:

Well I am quite new to breeding my own strains as well but from what i understand you want to take your f'1 s and select your best males to pair up with the original female I THINK DONT QUOTE ME ON THAT. I know back crossing is somewhere in there it might be the f2's you back cross. I am going to go and look into this now. will report back later on.

I am going to try and keep working on my project and I will share my experience as it unfolds.

But to have a true breeding stabilized strain it takes years from what I hear.

Well I am quite new to breeding my own strains as well but from what i understand you want to take your f'1 s and select your best males to pair up with the original female I THINK DONT QUOTE ME ON THAT. I know back crossing is somewhere in there it might be the f2's you back cross. I am going to go and look into this now. will report back later on.

I am going to try and keep working on my project and I will share my experience as it unfolds.

But to have a true breeding stabilized strain it takes years from what I hear.

Thank you Shottafire! Looking forward to what you find out. Don't rush on that. I'm in no hurry here. LOL

If you breed two stabilized strains the first generation of seeds will be awesome. (F1 seeds)

Subsequent generations will show the instabilities, and require generations of rebreeding to stabilize.

So F1 seeds don't really make good regular breeding stock, but are great candidates for S1 seeds. (fem seeds)

Good regular breeding stock has gone through generations of inbreeding to stabilize it's characteristics.

But the trade off for stability is a loss of vigor. (Vigor = Bigger, and faster growing plants)

That's why F1 seeds are so popular, because the crossing of two stable stains creates uniform plants with first generation vigor.

If you breed two stabilized strains the first generation of seeds will be awesome. (F1 seeds)

Subsequent generations will show the instabilities, and require generations of rebreeding to stabilize.

So F1 seeds don't really make good regular breeding stock, but are great candidates for S1 seeds. (fem seeds)

Good regular breeding stock has gone through generations of inbreeding to stabilize it's characteristics.

But the trade off for stability is a loss of vigor. (Vigor = Bigger, and faster growing plants)

That's why F1 seeds are so popular, because the crossing of two stable stains creates uniform plants with first generation vigor.

Okay, so the Master Kush and the White Widows were stabilzed strains (purchased from a seed house) when I crossed them to get my seeds.
My resulting seeds (Widow Masters) are F1's then....right?
Thanks so much for the explanation too!

Okay, so the Master Kush and the White Widows were stabilzed strains (purchased from a seed house) when I crossed them to get my seeds.
My resulting seeds (Widow Masters) are F1's then....right?
Thanks so much for the explanation too!

I'm not really sure about those genetics, but the names do suggest stability.

Most seeds sold at seed banks are F1 strains tho.

It gives the buying public uniform plants with vigor, and puts up a roadblock for at home breeding.

That keeps you buying fresh seeds again, and prevents competitors from acquiring true genetics.

I would check the web site of the seed house that produced the varieties you have, I did a quick check (Nirvana and Seedsman) and the implication is they are stable established strains,:thumb:

I'm not really sure about those genetics, but the names do suggest stability.

Most seeds sold at seed banks are F1 strains tho.

It gives the buying public uniform plants with vigor, and puts up a roadblock for at home breeding.

That keeps you buying fresh seeds again, and prevents competitors from acquiring true genetics.

Good info Toker,:thanks: the customer is seldom the main priority in any financial transaction, I am sure that is one of the motivations for your fantastic project!
:adore:

HELP How do I get a photo out of my album. I have gone into manage I really need to get this out. what do I do.
Hi LadyVadalon,
you can't delete photos from your album. The only suggestion I could give you is to contact a moderator and ask them to remove it.
If there is a "report photo" tab, that might be the way to ask them or just PM them directly. There are a list of moderators under the
420 resources tab, then 420 staff. I know of Ricorico and Happy kitty.
:thumb:

Hi LadyVadalon,
you can't delete photos from your album. The only suggestion I could give you is to contact a moderator and ask them to remove it.
If there is a "report photo" tab, that might be the way to ask them or just PM them directly. There are a list of moderators under the
420 resources tab, then 420 staff. I know of Ricorico and Happy kitty.
:thumb:
The 420 Hq?

Back
Top Bottom