Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

I was thinking the same thing.lol.
Could it be that, that is all the light they want for that day and if it may vary from strain to strain.
If we knew exactly how much are strain/plant wanted everyday it would cut in electric quite a bit while giving them what they want.lol.IDK.Just a thought.:scratchinghead:
Some interesting thoughts there Jimmy. I'm not sure if it's just that they got used to the schedule, or if it's in the nature of the plant. It is very clear that they shut down before the light did. The video doesn't lie. ;-)
I know that outdoor plants know when to open and when to close, things like Moon flowers and Morning glories. I haven't a clue if they are doing it based on the lighting available or on an internal clock. Maybe someone who understands this stuff can shed some "light". Peejay? LOL

My Colloidal Silver arrived today too. YEY

ColloidalSilver.jpg

Nice video, Canna! Plants have circadian rhythms (biological clocks) just like animals. Plants "know" when it is going to get light or dark. They don't know in a thinking sense, it's just eons and generation after generation. Say you had two cameras and you moved one of the plants into a space with light 24/24 and left the other on 18/6. Comparing the two videos side by side and synced to a clock you would see the 24/24 plant do the same "wake/sleep" cycle as the one under 18/6.

I know that sounds like crazy talk, but it is true. Here is a link - not the lightest reading. Plant Circadean Rhythms.

Someone should make a switch so the plants can turn off their own lights. lol

I like the coffee cans. I use those same ones! Thanks folgers!! hehe

Nice video, Canna! Plants have circadian rhythms (biological clocks) just like animals. Plants "know" when it is going to get light or dark. They don't know in a thinking sense, it's just eons and generation after generation. Say you had two cameras and you moved one of the plants into a space with light 24/24 and left the other on 18/6. Comparing the two videos side by side and synced to a clock you would see the 24/24 plant do the same "wake/sleep" cycle as the one under 18/6.

I know that sounds like crazy talk, but it is true. Here is a link - not the lightest reading. Plant Circadean Rhythms.

:thanks: PeeJay! I just knew you would have the answer. I'll read that on a break this afternoon. I'll have to keep my dictionary open, there's a lot of terms in that essay that I will have to look up. LOL But, I don't mind. I love a good learning read. ;-)

it vegged like kush, but after the stretch it really looked like a skunk. it also had solid tank like buds, but foxtailed at the same time. I'd call it a good 50/50 hybrid. it grew vigorously, had heavy buds, and smoked great.

it vegged like kush, but after the stretch it really looked like a skunk. it also had soil tank like buds, but foxtailed at the same time. I'd call it a good 50/50 hybrid. it grew vigorously, had heavy buds, and smoked great.

ROFL, I'm currently having a foxtailing issue on them myself! I read on the site I bought the seeds from that it was Indica dominant, which I didn't really find to be true. Reports back to me so far have been very nice! Very encouraging for a first home grow. :)
I'll call it 50/50 on the program. :thanks:

I'm glad you got the same bottle of colloidal silver I did. You don't refrigerate CS, but if you store it in a cool dark place it should last you through five, or six reversals at 60 ppm. My little duct taped bottle is eight ounces. It was more than enough CS to change one plant.

Someone should make a switch so the plants can turn off their own lights. lol

I like the coffee cans. I use those same ones! Thanks folgers!! hehe
Those Widow Master's Folgers pots appear to be the exact dimensions as my Dominoes sugar pot.

IMG_20140103_115443.jpg

Congrats on your new tap-root Princess DIY...

They are the same Reg, I've bought domino's sugar in those same containers. Now I do the bags because they go straight into a canister in the kitchen.
Thanks on the taproot kudos! I sure hope that Auto seed pops, that's the one I really want to grow. It is a really big seed. So far nuttin'. LOL

@toker69,
I got all ready to mix my solution today and found I am out of distilled water. Grrrrr... Taking a trip to the store is not an easy thing where I live.
So, I will venture out tomorrow and pick up some water.
I gathered up two dark brown plastic bottles that root beer came in. I'll use those to store the mixed solution in. Should not be any problem using a plastic bottle, the Bio silver came in a plastic bottle.

Just give it a minute. I've had beans that took up to a week & a half.

Cannabis plants can withstand temps that low, there are growers that drop temps on purpose to bring colors out, but then you may already know that. I have put my girls through high and low temps alike, and they always make it, hi Canna and everyone, I haven't been on here much lately.
Hi Danklover79! Good to see you around. :thumb:

I have had very low temps in the basement, but when it gets below 50 I know the growth just stops. I wouldn't push it past that as far as low temps. I got okay growth in the 64-ish range, but I KNOW it would have been much better in the ideal temps of 75-ish. Just couldn't make that possible down there during the cold months.
Hope you are having fun and thanks for popping over! :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom