Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

Yeap Lady Vadalon, asking questions is how we get answers.

This site is very cool! I have been on some of the other sites and the people seem mean and rude. I have found EVERYBODY here nice and helpful and the journals are Looonng but a good read and educational. I just wish my neurons and synapses would get some myelin on them so, I could retain all of it:loopy:

looks great buddy,

it certainly looks like your going to have pretty big seeds, if the calyx have split open already and you can see the green seed then chances are the seeds will be on the big side, i think thats what i can see in the pic, looks like mine when the seed pod splits open after about 7 days, some crosses i make dont do this and seed pods stay closed until the buds hung to dry, i find fem pollen tends to not produce seeds that split the calyx open, but when i use male pollen pretty much every time i cross a strain it splits the calyx open like that.

so looks like you done a good job my friend, well done. the first cross will be the most stable so if your just after a decent strain then leave it at that, but if you grow them out and find you have 2 or 3 pheno types and the 1 pheno is by far the best then work with that, what you can do is if you do find you really like the 1 pheno type then you can get that pheno type in seed form by taking clones from that 1 you like and turn one clone hermie and put that pollen on the other clone, that will produce seeds of that 1 pheno type, but if if you wanted to make regular seeds of that pheno type then it takes several grows to make it stable as you would have to keep back crossing each new batch of seeds with that 1 pheno type until your happy with the results,

what i did that with the strains i produced i find it takes about 2 years to make a strain fully stable, so you have a few options,

with the split calyx you have it might look like the seeds are ready sooner as they brown quicker due to being in the open, but the part you cant see will still be green,

as for the amount of seeds you get it all depends how many pistils you put pollen on and how many got pollenated, a whole plant will produce thousands of seeds depending on size, but from buds i find i get anything from about 10 seeds upto about 40 seeds depending on bud size.

I know that this is way back from page 11. I have a bubba white shark and there has been a few time when taking clones I would get two different leaf shapes? I wish now, I would have taken photos of it. Could this be because it is unstable? I really have not done a complete grow with it. My first grow with it I pulled prematurely. I am now on my second grow with the bubba white shark.

Well, in my opinion guys..this is MJ related because I'm trying to up the heat amount in my grow!
No locust around here, unfortunately. What I have right now is mixed oak/maple/black cherry. Just got off the phone with the dude, what I see is about 1/3 of a cord of wood there....I paid for a cord. He wasn't happy with my phone call, but I won't let him get away with ripping me either. He's headed back out to bring me the balance of what I paid for. Maybe he thought cuz I'm a woman I wouldn't know a rick from a cord? LOL

I know this is way back but I would have told him double or nothing. I burned wood for years and cut it. For the price of it now I would count every round. in that 4x4x8

LOL! Thanks for the outta the blue LV. Where I'm from and as old as I am, people at some point got confused and started thinking a cord was a pickup load. A cord is a cord - a legal unit of measure 4x8x4. It doesn't fit in the back of a Tacoma. To make matters worse, the "cord" ( short or not) might be green poorly cured wood that needs to be sat undercover in your yard for a year. It might burn bad.

That's why you need a good wood dealer. My family has a 50 year relationship with a father and son who bring us wood. They just show up mostly with a load. Sometimes there are phone calls. It's some serious sweet burning pinon. Very dependable. It ain't a cord and never was but it was always an honest load, cut a little longer to spec, and burns with vibrant resiny heat. The wood guy was like a great pot dealer - bangin' it time after time with quality product. There was never any need to get out a scale or tape measure. It was always a "good value."

It's much easier to grow your own weed than it is to grow your own firewood. Ain't that a shame.

This site is very cool! I have been on some of the other sites and the people seem mean and rude. I have found EVERYBODY here nice and helpful and the journals are Looonng but a good read and educational. I just wish my neurons and synapses would get some myelin on them so, I could retain all of it:loopy:
A little trick that I do; If I read something that I know I'll need to refer to in the near future I just post it to my blog.

LOL! Thanks for the outta the blue LV. Where I'm from and as old as I am, people at some point got confused and started thinking a cord was a pickup load. A cord is a cord - a legal unit of measure 4x8x4. It doesn't fit in the back of a Tacoma. To make matters worse, the "cord" ( short or not) might be green poorly cured wood that needs to be sat undercover in your yard for a year. It might burn bad.

That's why you need a good wood dealer. My family has a 50 year relationship with a father and son who bring us wood. They just show up mostly with a load. Sometimes there are phone calls. It's some serious sweet burning pinon. Very dependable. It ain't a cord and never was but it was always an honest load, cut a little longer to spec, and burns with vibrant resiny heat. The wood guy was like a great pot dealer - bangin' it time after time with quality product. There was never any need to get out a scale or tape measure. It was always a "good value."

It's much easier to grow your own weed than it is to grow your own firewood. Ain't that a shame.

The wood permits alone are a bugger to get then you have to drive 20 or more miles just get to it. It is not how it use to be that is for sure. When we had 22 below 0 I was wishing for wood heat. I had to put oil heaters in my tents to keep the plants warm. :phew: I was afraid that I had lost them when I woke up and they were sitting at 56 degree

Just a note, I put 3 beans (two dark, one green) in some water to germinate yesterday. I just HAD to try it. I'll send a pic if they pop.
I am really looking forward to growing this!
I know I'm late but this is a good read :)
That was a lot of work and try to sit on your hands:bravo:

Cannabis plants can withstand temps that low, there are growers that drop temps on purpose to bring colors out, but then you may already know that. I have put my girls through high and low temps alike, and they always make it, hi Canna and everyone, I haven't been on here much lately.
The wood permits alone are a bugger to get then you have to drive 20 or more miles just get to it. It is not how it use to be that is for sure. When we had 22 below 0 I was wishing for wood heat. I had to put oil heaters in my tents to keep the plants warm. :phew: I was afraid that I had lost them when I woke up and they were sitting at 56 degree

A little trick that I do; If I read something that I know I'll need to refer to in the near future I just post it to my blog.

Thank you for the info. Not to sound like a bumpkin but, I wondered what that link was for.:loopy:

Cannabis plants can withstand temps that low, there are growers that drop temps on purpose to bring colors out, but then you may already know that. I have put my girls through high and low temps alike, and they always make it, hi Canna and everyone, I haven't been on here much lately.

No, I did not know that. I am only working on my second grow. My first grow did not do so well. But I am learning what not to do :). I knew that dropping temp at night when flowering helps emulate fall.

Yeah some growers let the temp get pretty low the last few weeks of flower, to bring colors out, especially with the purple strains. I wouldn't chance it with a baby though, since seedlings don't have a strong root system yet, but I know it's sometimes hard to manage.

Yeah some growers let the temp get pretty low the last few weeks of flower, to bring colors out, especially with the purple strains. I wouldn't chance it with a baby though, since seedlings don't have a strong root system yet, but I know it's sometimes hard to manage.

With the cold snap My clones got cold and the stocks started to turn purple :( I ended up bringing them in the house. The tent was to big and I did not have the temp high enough I'm guessing

I know this is way back but I would have told him double or nothing. I burned wood for years and cut it. For the price of it now I would count every round. in that 4x4x8
I have no idea what it cost any more cause I'm not the only crazy one in my household... My fella likes to chop wood so every time he is home he goes up the hollow and drags down wood from a friends property they are clearing and stands out here with a go devil and chops wood. Not what I normally would want to do on my days off but it works for me.....:circle-of-love:

Okay, we have one seed popped and planted. This is Dinafem Royal Haze

Dinafem_Royal_Haze_Popped.jpg

Here's a question for ya'll.
Do you think plants know when to go to sleep? Do they understand their schedule and follow it?

Yes, they do! This time lapse starts out under the Cheap 14w LED's, slllloooooowwww growth. I moved them under CFL's and the growth has been extremely better. What I noticed when I put these video clips together is the plants began to understand when they were supposed to sleep. They started "sleep mode" by lowering their leaves BEFORE the light actually turned off!
In the video you will see a faint light on the plants after the main light goes out. That's another CFL fixture on the other side of the room for my clones, it's goes off a few minutes after this one. I just think this is so amazing that these plants can kind of "think". LOL
Anyway...where you see glitches is where lights went out and they come back on. I didn't figure you would want to watch video of darkness. LOL The upload quality decreased through the first half too. grrrrr And as always, full screen is better to view.

Plants 2 15 through 2 20 - YouTube

I will be using the time lapse now for some revegging plants on the main grow thread. I can't wait to see that start busting out growth. They are starting to grow out new leaves. YEY

Back
Top Bottom