Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

Thanks for the get better thoughts my friends!

Here's a lil' update on the seedlings.
First up are the gang under the cheap LED fixture. They are growing, but I think it's rather slow at best. I'll give them another week under the LED and if it's still slow, they're going under CFL's. The flowering plants in my other grow will be about 4 weeks yet anyway.

Seedlings310.jpg

Seedlings210.jpg

Seedlings111.jpg

And the seedling I had to transplant into another cup because the roots were escaping, did it again. LOL

Roots_again.jpg

So I transplanted both of the first two seedlings (Widow Master 2 and 4) into bigger pots. I think they are doing well. This is Widow Master # 4 and the two of them have been under CFL's:

WM4_2-15.jpg

Widow Master 1 is still a very slow going seedling, it's in the back left corner of the pic of the seedlings under the LED's

IMG_011224.jpg
Greetings from LA. Just stopping by to say hello, nice updates. looking great Canna :goodjob::Namaste:

Thanks for the Pics here and on the other Journal!
Sure hope I can meet up with you guys some day, I don't think you are more than a couple hours from me in Michigan. Those LED lights are awesome.
I will be catching up on your journal tonight for sure. And great Facebook page! I cruised through that yesterday. I envy the traveling you do, California right now would be a most welcomed warmth.:circle-of-love:

wow so do you just put the whole cup in at this point where the roots are sticking through like that?

Happy Sativaday CannaFan :thumb:

wow so do you just put the whole cup in at this point where the roots are sticking through like that?

Happy Sativaday CannaFan :thumb:

Hi Cronic, happy Sativaday to you too and congrats on yet another MOTM nomination!
I just squeezed the sides of the cup to loosen the edges and tipped it into my hand with the stem between two fingers, then pulled the cup away. The roots came back through the holes very easily. One of these times I will get the nerve to try and just trim them off before replanting. But not yet. LOL

Oh it is nice in California right now and pretty much all year long I love it here and I don't think I will ever move.its nice to be able to grow outside pretty much all year long.

I envy you too joedaddy, I would LOVE to be able to grow outdoors all year.
So, somewhere on the site today I read on an older post to not let the buds on the plants get wet because they don't like being wet at all. This brought a question to me, if you are growing outside...the buds will get wet when it rains or during foggy days, is that a problem for outside grows?

I think those roots grow though because you have two cups and it's dark in there. Plus it also looks like there is some hydroton in there?
You could be spot on with that idea CannabisMeds!
The two cups with the hydroton was suggested to me way early in my first grow as a way to keep better drainage going with the cups. So far I hadn't had any trouble with roots coming out like that, this is the first plant that has done it to this extent.
Thanks for that answer, it makes perfect sense! I'm going to start checking every seedling from now on to see if that happens again before it gets to roots almost as long as my hair. LOL

Hi Cronic, happy Sativaday to you too and congrats on yet another MOTM nomination!
I just squeezed the sides of the cup to loosen the edges and tipped it into my hand with the stem between two fingers, then pulled the cup away. The roots came back through the holes very easily. One of these times I will get the nerve to try and just trim them off before replanting. But not yet. LOL

I envy you too joedaddy, I would LOVE to be able to grow outdoors all year.
So, somewhere on the site today I read on an older post to not let the buds on the plants get wet because they don't like being wet at all. This brought a question to me, if you are growing outside...the buds will get wet when it rains or during foggy days, is that a problem for outside grows?

Outside growing is completely different than inside, in the natural environment the plants are "prepared for rain", the environment allows the flowers to dry between rains......I've harvested outdoors IN the rain, after the rain....no matta, the environment provides for itself. The only problem I have heard of is when someone tried to cover their plants with plastic and the whole crop molded.

Outside growing is completely different than inside, in the natural environment the plants are "prepared for rain", the environment allows the flowers to dry between rains......I've harvested outdoors IN the rain, after the rain....no matta, the environment provides for itself. The only problem I have heard of is when someone tried to cover their plants with plastic and the whole crop molded.

I can see how the mold would happen covering the plants, it keeps the moisture in and there is no chance for drying. I would have thought that the plants would have to be tolerant to weather, after all they do grow outside without any help from humans and flourish.
Maybe the getting wet was more directed at indoor plants without that natural wind/breezes and sun to dry them out. Replicating nature is a finicky thing. :laugh:

The two cup method was suggested to me in the first grow early on as a way of getting better drainage. The top cup has the drain holes and the bottom cup has a layer of hydroton that the top cup sits on. It's worked well so far. I've only had root outgrow problems with the one seedling this round.

fair enough!, I make two cuts, in four places on the bottom corners of the cups, forming little triangular shaped holes. What I'm finding is that I like to bottom water. I wish I could show you, but I'm getting great results.....very rapid growth. I had cuttings putting roots out the bottom of one gallon nursery pots in 1 week! I have to constantly remind myself that I'm not getting these plants ready to flower...LOL.....but to go outside....LOLOL....I AM having fun!!!!

fair enough!, I make two cuts, in four places on the bottom corners of the cups, forming little triangular shaped holes. What I'm finding is that I like to bottom water. I wish I could show you, but I'm getting great results.....very rapid growth. I had cuttings putting roots out the bottom of one gallon nursery pots in 1 week! I have to constantly remind myself that I'm not getting these plants ready to flower...LOL.....but to go outside....LOLOL....I AM having fun!!!!

Funny you should say that about bottom watering, I'm trying a new method using the cups. I have holes along the sides of the cups and I have a very large syringe from my horse raising days to inject the feed/water into the plant near the middle to bottom. I can get the needle into the center of the soil and inject the water. We'll see how it does.
Soldering_Iron.jpg

Sounds about right, I don't have a cover on my outdoor grow and rain is what it is.

It does however in extreme wetter sept/oct force me to harvest early because super moist colas mold faster in those 56 to 60 degree fall temps if it goes that long.

The only adverse effect rain has had for me is the added weight and the need for extra support so you don't break off entire branches etc....learned the hard way on that one.

I actually use 2 cups too but my lower cup is clear and the roots don't come out like yours they swirl around on the bottom of the cup with the plant, I like Mc's bottom feed idea but are you soaking it till it reaches the top or just wetting the bottom? would make sense the plant is growing faster if its actually reaching down for the water so im curious as to how much you let it get wet before you pull it out as far as feeding from the bottom goes Mc
Happy Skunkday CannaFan

Back
Top Bottom