Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

lol Happy Thurweed day Canna :thumb:
hey does the software for your scope save pics as bmp?
just curious cause mine does and I gotta convert it to jpg to ul to 420

:thanks: CannabisMeds! I, well all of us here are looking forward to that too. :) I am so interested in how the leaves will look, how it grows and of course...how will the buds grow! :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's livin' the dream, right? A grower growing her own strain! I really want to make my own strain too, but I must be patient. :)

lol Happy Thurweed day Canna :thumb:
hey does the software for your scope save pics as bmp?
just curious cause mine does and I gotta convert it to jpg to ul to 420
Happy Freeweed Day Cronic! Yes, it saves it as .bmp being the only choice. I save the pics to a folder on my desktop and have it set where it opens the pictures directly in my Photo program (paint shop pro), and then I save it as a jpeg from there.
Mine did not come with a software cd, although the listing picture showed a cd. I had to download the drivers from a provided page on the listing that is nothing but cheap ad spam. I finally got it to run after having to download yet another program to open the file! The seller will not get a happy happy email from me. LOL

That's livin' the dream, right? A grower growing her own strain! I really want to make my own strain too, but I must be patient. :)

Hey CannabisMeds! Yeah, this was a future dream of mine that came about earlier than expected by having a late showing male plant that I decided to keep just to see the process. LOL This cross has been done before, although it took forever to find it. I am very excited to do another with different plants on this grow depending on what I have ready. :)

Another baby is born! Widow Master 2 has joined her sibling this morning. :happy-birthday:

Widow_Master_2_Bday.jpg

Widow_Master_2.jpg

And Widow Master 1 has grown to 3 inches tall! I put more soil around her base last night and I swear she grew 1/2" overnight.

Widow_Master_1_3_inches_tall.jpg

nice little sprouts there Canna
I ended up buying the more expensive one which is exactly the same as the cheaper one I guess the only difference is
I get the cd with the extra cost
Happy Freeweed day and a Chronic Weekend to you man :thumb:

Hey CannabisMeds! Yeah, this was a future dream of mine that came about earlier than expected by having a late showing male plant that I decided to keep just to see the process. LOL This cross has been done before, although it took forever to find it. I am very excited to do another with different plants on this grow depending on what I have ready. :)

Hey Cannafan, can you tell us a little about how you isolate the male? How do you keep the pollen from sneaking in on your ladies? Do you have them in a separate building, or ? And when you visit them, do you change clothes, wash your clothes, etc? What about fans and ventilation?

If you've already gone over this, I apologize for asking. I don't remember it in this thread, but perhaps it's in another thread/post somewhere? Thanks so much!

Congrats on #2!

Well, so far I am not impressed with the quality of the pictures from the USB microscope....but I will test it further over the weekend and see if I can produce something more presentable.

On the good side of a great Friday night...I just took a peek at the other two potential newborns and they are just about to break soil. Tomorrow morning it should be TWINS. :slide:
Have a great night everyone!

Hey Cannafan, can you tell us a little about how you isolate the male? How do you keep the pollen from sneaking in on your ladies? Do you have them in a separate building, or ? And when you visit them, do you change clothes, wash your clothes, etc? What about fans and ventilation?

If you've already gone over this, I apologize for asking. I don't remember it in this thread, but perhaps it's in another thread/post somewhere? Thanks so much!

Congrats on #2!
HI CannabisMeds,
I have a full basement in use for my grow with several rooms. As soon as I saw the male I removed it from the flower room and into another room about 40 feet away and closed off from the other rooms. Then I just kept it under the same lighting schedule as flowering and let the pollen sacs mature and start to open for the pollen. I do change shoes going from one area to another and I also have two lab coats that I wear one for each room. And a shower cap for my hair. LOL
I gathered up the pollen (you can see this on the first couple pages of this journal on the process for that with pics)
and separated just one branch of a different strain female in flower. Turn off all fan and ductwork, no air movement. Then "painted" the pollen onto just that branchs' pistils. Then let her rip... er grow.....only the one branch produced seeds, just as I wanted. :)

Here's the pollen collection process, and then it goes from there on the application to the female:

Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

Feel free to ask any questions you need to! and thanks for the congrats on the baby. :thanks:

:happy-birthday: to the Twins!

Widow_Master_3_twin_1.jpg

Widow_Master_4_twin_2.jpg

These two seeds I had planted a little deeper into the soil than I normally do. They were about 3/4" deep. They have sprouted without their shells on, and I believe that's the way it's supposed to happen. The dirt holding it helps the seedling to pull that shell off as it's growing up to the surface. My second seedling is having trouble getting rid of the shell, I'll give it some more time. From now on I will plant them deeper to help them along. :)

Question on seedling lighting:
How soon would you put your seedlings under a light after they break soil, what kind of light (watts or lumens or CFL ratings), and on what light schedule?
Thanks!

Hey Canna :) best of buds to you!
On lighting for seedlings, I have always used CFL's the 6500K and I put an inch over my seedlings as soon as up out of soil. The quicker you are the less leggy they are. :)

OH and I go 24 on for the first week, then 18/6 if I'm not vegging for a long time. if I am for ages I veg under 24 on. Then you still get some stretch from the mature plant when flowered!

:thanks: LightAddict! That's exactly what I did for the new seedlings that just broke soil. The first one got one heck of a stretch going, so I wanted to limit that on the newbies.
Have a great day!!

Back
Top Bottom