Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

I always check my pH after I mix my nutes in and right before I actually water my plants too. Actually to be honest it is the way King told me to do it. Dah!! I like the sounds of the last bean especially. I didn't know a lot of that info either... Very interesting.....:hmmmm:

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Thanks for the comments on the PH'ing issue everyone.

I think that checking PH AFTER you mix nutes is one those things that people who have a few grows down think of as a "given". I was never told to do that...not that I can remember anyway...and I can't think of a single thread or journal I've read/subscribed to that told new growers that either. I probably missed that somewhere in the last few months. The statement is usually "PH'd water", which doesn't really specifically tell you before or after nutes, or both as it were. I have assumed that correcting the PH of the water before you mix the nutes simply gets it ready for the nutes that will adjust it where it should be. The only reason this came to me was in reading the mixing nutrients section of the SNS magazine that I got with my products.
So from now on, when I speak of growing for newer growers I will absolutely mention this when necessary. It's just one of those simple things that needs to be specified for noobs, IMHO :thumb:
Lessons learned here, and congrats to all of you who already knew it. :laugh:

Thanks for the comments on the PH'ing issue everyone.

I think that checking PH AFTER you mix nutes is one those things that people who have a few grows down think of as a "given". I was never told to do that...not that I can remember anyway...and I can't think of a single thread or journal I've read/subscribed to that told new growers that either. I probably missed that somewhere in the last few months. The statement is usually "PH'd water", which doesn't really specifically tell you before or after nutes, or both as it were. I have assumed that correcting the PH of the water before you mix the nutes simply gets it ready for the nutes that will adjust it where it should be. The only reason this came to me was in reading the mixing nutrients section of the SNS magazine that I got with my products.
So from now on, when I speak of growing for newer growers I will absolutely mention this when necessary. It's just one of those simple things that needs to be specified for noobs, IMHO :thumb:
Lessons learned here, and congrats to all of you who already knew it. :laugh:

That's a good point Canna

Well if you were PHing the water before adding the nutes your ph was probably pretty low...fortunately soil buffers but you should still notice a difference now

Good luck...Hope your having a great day :)

That's a good point Canna

Well if you were PHing the water before adding the nutes your ph was probably pretty low...fortunately soil buffers but you should still notice a difference now

Good luck...Hope your having a great day :)

Thanks Jay :)
I'll know for sure when I get home tonight and see what kind of flooding my basement has received. Discovered a bit of a problem on my back deck from the melt off and it's going into the basement. Let the flooding games begin!
On the bright side....getting rid of that snow and ice!!!!:thumb:
Hope you have a great day too.

Thanks Jay :)
I'll know for sure when I get home tonight and see what kind of flooding my basement has received. Discovered a bit of a problem on my back deck from the melt off and it's going into the basement. Let the flooding games begin!
On the bright side....getting rid of that snow and ice!!!!:thumb:
Hope you have a great day too.

Oh boy...Hope it's not to bad...I'm sure you have a lot of snow to melt

I'm so sick of the snow. I finished shoveling a foot of snow yesterday morning and three hours later it started snowing again (different storm) LOL...after an ice storm tonight it's supposed to warm up a little here too until that damn polar vortex swoops down again next week and freezes everything solid again :thumb: :)

Hope all goes well when you get home.

I'm so sick of the snow.
You and me both Jay!!!

Hey Canna!

Sorry about your floody basement. Bummer.

Could someone who frequents this thread take a look at this new growers journal? It looks like he has something eating his plants and a possible nutrient issue as well. I suggested he get or utilize a loope to check for bugs, but can't speak on nutrients because I am guessing based on the discoloration of leaves on other pants.

Sapperman's First Grow New M3 Soil Organic Only Water Silver Pearl - 2014

Thanks!

Hey Canna!

Sorry about your floody basement. Bummer.

Could someone who frequents this thread take a look at this new growers journal? It looks like he has something eating his plants and a possible nutrient issue as well. I suggested he get or utilize a loope to check for bugs, but can't speak on nutrients because I am guessing based on the discoloration of leaves on other pants.

Sapperman's First Grow New M3 Soil Organic Only Water Silver Pearl - 2014

Thanks!
Hi Sweet, I've been over there and he has determined he probably has thrips. I sent a couple pic links to him to verify. He does also have some nutrient issues I believe.
He has a journal and a help request thread too. I've been on the help request, not the journal yet. :)

Here is his help request thread link:
First grow. think there burnt by light?

Thanks for posting his grow journal link!:thumb:

Hi Sweet, I've been over there and he has determined he probably has thrips. I sent a couple pic links to him to verify. He does also have some nutrient issues I believe.
He has a journal and a help request thread too. I've been on the help request, not the journal yet. :)

Here is his help request thread link:
First grow. think there burnt by light?

Thanks for posting his grow journal link!:thumb:

You're welcome, and thanks for posting the link to his help thread :thanks:

Anytime someone needs help that's not in my very small, yet ever expanding wheelhouse, I jump over to your thread to ask for help. You're thread is a nice place to get good help to people!

Thanks Canna!!!!

The flush apparently has worked! Even the gangly plant has come to life with the leaves. They are getting nice and green.
The fox tailing did not get better. Does anyone know if fox tailing buds can be stopped, or is it just a matter of when it starts you're stuck with it?

I will have photo updates this weekend. I hate taking pictures in HPS lighting because it doesn't let you see the true colors of the leaves. Kind of pointless to not see if the colors are healthy.
Have a great day everyone!!

The flush apparently has worked! Even the gangly plant has come to life with the leaves. They are getting nice and green.
The fox tailing did not get better. Does anyone know if fox tailing buds can be stopped, or is it just a matter of when it starts you're stuck with it?

I will have photo updates this weekend. I hate taking pictures in HPS lighting because it doesn't let you see the true colors of the leaves. Kind of pointless to not see if the colors are healthy.
Have a great day everyone!!

That's great news Canna!

I do not know much about about foxtailing other than a couple of the Jack Herrer plants I have grown have done this...the buds directly under the light got "hash tips" and were super potent...ive always thought it was strain related...hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject will shed some light (no pun intended :)) on this

Have you by any chance checked the PH of your runoff?

Hi Jay,
I checked the run off this morning and it was at 6.4. I will check again tonight if there is anything there to check and see if it changed. I did a quick check directly after feeding, so that may not have had a chance to really work through the soil yet. :)
And THIS time I checked the PH after mixing nutrients. It was perfect. I'm thinking my PH has been way too low on previous feedings.
:thumb:

Hi Jay,
I checked the run off this morning and it was at 6.4. I will check again tonight if there is anything there to check and see if it changed. I did a quick check directly after feeding, so that may not have had a chance to really work through the soil yet. :)
And THIS time I checked the PH after mixing nutrients. It was perfect. I'm thinking my PH has been way too low on previous feedings.
:thumb:

6.4 excellent!

Yes I'm positive the ph was too low because of PHing before adding nutes, most likely locking out nutrients.

Glad you figured it out and things are improving :thumb:

Diatomaceous Earth:
Does anyone know for sure if this is effective on Spider Mites? Have a grower wanting to know for sure. ;-)
KingJohnC, have you used it for spider mites?
Thanks!

This I know ...diatomacous earth for fungas gnats...neem oil, horticultural oil, or water with a little dish soap for spider mites

I have treated hundred of plants for spider mites (not my cannibis plants :)) there are other methods of control but I prefer the ones I recommended...non toxic

For spider mites it is most important that the undersized of the leaves are treated...the insects are on the underside the feeding injury is on top...full coverage is very important

What I'd mentioned in the other thread, Jay, was that diatomatious earth makes one heck of a mess! One way to get it onto the underside of the leaves without getting it all over is by putting it in a "puffer" bottle. I made one with a tube that held graphite for lubricating locks, etc. Cut the bottom of the tube, empty the graphite, fill with DE, tape closed. It still goes everywhere and don't inhale the stuff! The DM will kill mites and most other small insects. Getting it only where you want it and not all over is the challenge...

Back
Top Bottom