Brix, Buds & Blades: Knifemaker420's Auto Perpetual Garden

Looking good . Let’s hope for a smooth sail . Sorry what are you doing for ph?
I will be using advanced nutrients ph perfect lineup for this run. Next run I will have my high brix kit running so no need to ph.

Not sure the HP or bx, but this is the stuff I was using.
That soil is the reason you burned your plants and the reason you no longer like Pro-Mix! It’s got nutes already in it but are a slow time relaxed nute. You burnt your plants later on due to this factor I’m sure!

Pro-Mix HP or Pro-Mix BX. Has no added nutrients just base plain soil with mycorrhizae added in as @Knifemaker420 had mentioned.

Btw knife your little ones are looking great!

Thanks dutch. I think I will be giving them their first full watering tonight.
On a side note. I brushed some bits of promix off the leaves of my zkittles (Aviendha) and was left with a nice stink on my fingers.

That soil is the reason you burned your plants and the reason you no longer like Pro-Mix! It’s got nutes already in it but are a slow time relaxed nute. You burnt your plants later on due to this factor I’m sure!

Pro-Mix HP or Pro-Mix BX. Has no added nutrients just base plain soil with mycorrhizae added in as @Knifemaker420 had mentioned.

You got that right.

I will be using advanced nutrients ph perfect lineup for this run. Next run I will have my high brix kit running so no need to ph.
Nice man you following Duggans thread I assume ?

Hey advanced nutrients can do some great stuff . I always ph down though after I mix everything in. For pro mix I would ph to 6.3-6.5 ish seen saw good things come from that .

Nice man you following Duggans thread I assume ?

Hey advanced nutrients can do some great stuff . I always ph down though after I mix everything in. For pro mix I would ph to 6.3-6.5 ish seen saw good things come from that .
Not reading @Duggan's thread yet. At the moment I'm halfway through the @Darkscotia Apprentices with doc bud thread. There's sooo much learning to do and I want all the knowledge I can get. Wouldnt it be great to be able to upload skills and info straight to your brain like in the Matrix movies lol

Not reading @Duggan's thread yet. At the moment I'm halfway through the @Darkscotia Apprentices with doc bud thread. There's sooo much learning to do and I want all the knowledge I can get. Wouldnt it be great to be able to upload skills and info straight to your brain like in the Matrix movies lol

If 420 mag ever brings back blogs,all
My journal information could be compressed into a page or 2 and make things a lot easier to follow along. Doubt they bring them back at this point. Cheers got some catching up to do myself.

If 420 mag ever brings back blogs,all
My journal information could be compressed into a page or 2 and make things a lot easier to follow along. Doubt they bring them back at this point. Cheers got some catching up to do myself.
I'm currently on pg 56 post# 1110
Very informative thread so far and I will definitely be refering back to it when the time comes to start my hb grow.
Thanks for dropping by my newb journal DS
Have a knife day
StaySharp

Update day 9
Gave the littles a good drink last night at lights on (lights come on at 8pm off at 2pm for 18-6)
Each one took a full gallon of RO water with a 1/4 dose each of calmag, voodoo juice, and B52.
Min (NL) was looking pretty droopy, not sure if it was that she was really wanting a drink or if it was just because the lights had been off.
All 3 are looking happy as heck this morning praying hard to the sp250.
20190515_064233.jpg
20190515_064244.jpg
20190515_064249.jpg
20190515_064305.jpg

They all looking happy in there knife :yummy:

Thanks @irie lion. Honestly Im surprised I haven't killed them off yet lol

@Dutchman1990 Question for you (or anyone really) about my lights as I know you are also running the mars SP lights. I've currently got my sp250 hanging about 36" above the top of the pots. Do you think I should be lower than that? I didn't want to burn the littles with too much light too early. They dont seem to be stretching to get closer so far but I'd like to give them all the light they can handle.
Thanks
Have a knife day
StaySharp

I've got my SP-250 at 22" with a 6 day old seedling under it. Color is mint green and she's thriving. However, my suggestion is to measure current LUX with a smarthone app, write it down, move the light down, and then measure LUX again. I keep my LUX at 15,000-20,000. I've burnt up some seedlings and I've scorched their new growth. While a smartphone LUX meter isn't perfectly accurate, it should show you if things are way out of whack. Aim for anywhere between 12,000-20,000 LUX--they seem to thrive in that range.

Thanks @irie lion. Honestly Im surprised I haven't killed them off yet lol

@Dutchman1990 Question for you (or anyone really) about my lights as I know you are also running the mars SP lights. I've currently got my sp250 hanging about 36" above the top of the pots. Do you think I should be lower than that? I didn't want to burn the littles with too much light too early. They dont seem to be stretching to get closer so far but I'd like to give them all the light they can handle.
Thanks
Have a knife day
StaySharp

I’ve got my single SP-150 above the seedlings at 28” and they are all doing great! Lush green and growing quickly. I would lower yours to around 32” and see how it goes from there. Starting at the 36” was a good safe bet and you can begin gradually lowering the light now.

I’ve got my single SP-150 above the seedlings at 28” and they are all doing great! Lush green and growing quickly. I would lower yours to around 32” and see how it goes from there. Starting at the 36” was a good safe bet and you can begin gradually lowering the light now.
Great thanks Dutch :cool:

Update day 9
Gave the littles a good drink last night at lights on (lights come on at 8pm off at 2pm for 18-6)
Each one took a full gallon of RO water with a 1/4 dose each of calmag, voodoo juice, and B52.
Min (NL) was looking pretty droopy, not sure if it was that she was really wanting a drink or if it was just because the lights had been off.
All 3 are looking happy as heck this morning praying hard to the sp250.
20190515_064233.jpg
20190515_064244.jpg
20190515_064249.jpg
20190515_064305.jpg

Looking great so far. Funny we run the exact light cycle. 8-2 veg and 8-8 bloom lol.

Looking great so far. Funny we run the exact light cycle. 8-2 veg and 8-8 bloom lol.
Thanks Scotia, I'm running during those hours to try and avoid the hottest part of the day (if it ever decides to warm up lol)

Update day 11
Morning everyone not alot to update this morning, 2 of the 3 are packing on new growth. The 3rd (Zkittles) is getting bigger but doesnt seem to be popping out any new growth.
20190515_202505.jpg

I'm currently not holding out much hope for it but will let it grow for now.

I lowered my light from 36" down to 32" last night. This morning, I noticed maybe a slight bit of leaf curl on all 3. Nothing really serious yet so I'll leave it for now and see if it gets worse before rasie it back up. (if its even due to the lights. Please correct me if you think it could be somthing else)
20190515_225458.jpg

Gelato is Killing it. Only an inch and a half tall with the first teue leaves sprowting and starting to pop new growth from the first node.
20190515_225521.jpg
20190515_225429.jpg

NL is just slightly behind Gelato with first true leaves sprouting but a touch shorter and maybe the start of new growth at the first node.
20190515_225528.jpg
20190515_225442.jpg

I also added a vic's cool mist humidifier which brought my RH up to 50-52 so I'm happy with that.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
Have a knife day
StaySharp

Subbed to this journal. I'm in the last three weeks of my first grow and I'm fixing to do an NL Auto grow starting in mid to late June. I'm also using Pro-Mix HP; it worked well and I'm sure made up for a number of my noob mistakes.

Good luck with your grow!

Hey Knife! The Little Ones are growing and it shouldn’t be long till they begin to take off! Glad the humidifier is helping keep your RH in check! It’s a key factor in maintaining a healthy garden!
Gelato and NL are both packing on the new growth. The Zkittles os getting bigger but there's no new growth down in there so I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom