Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

Re: Brightlight's Outdoor & LED Gardens

BL, your girls are on point as usual brother. Phenomenal looking garden for sure BL! Some great pictures as well. I know you have probably stated several times, but what do you use to take your pictures?

Van....last few months using a new iPhone. Before that my iPad. Natural light....seldom take flash.

Beautiful plants BL. I would love to grow a lemon G cross. It's sounds legit. Most of the lemony strains I've grown like the lemon haze and BF liberty haze have always done right by me. Maybe I just agree with limonene! Keep showing off the best US and world wide genetics! Your journals definitely showcase a wide variety!

Just saw Cannarado Sherbet x Lemon G still out there....so a few left. Have seen a few other breeders using it. Pretty nice but not a world beater. Grew a real nice plant & maybe expected a little more.

Its like an art show with detailed descriptions of the paintings everytime he updates lol. So chems will shoot out white pistils but they still can be close to finishing?? That is great to know.. sweet looking flowers bl!!

I see that tendency on Chems, SD, some OG's. Usually trichomes "ahead" of flower appearance.

Bud on a Leaf Mutation
My little freakshow continues......this from Ethos Cookies, the plant with the leaf growing out of a leaf (many fans w/ this) shown earlier.
IMG_068448.JPG

Paradise Sensi Star
Many already know of my love of this strain. Top 3 & hasn't budged since I first experienced it. While I enjoy growing the new stuff, almost none become favorites. For those unfamiliar with SS, it's as mentally elevating as any of the sativas I grow combined with high quality comforting & soothing indica properties. Consistent & reliable.

Most plants are deeper green w/ very white stigmas. A far less common pheno is lighter green w/ a grayish hue & shows hints of violet/pink in stigmas & sugar tips, heavier trichome blanket & very sticky. I've grown quite a few SS lol & have only seen a few of this pheno. Included an old outdoor pic showing same characteristics.

When it comes to Sensi Star....it has to be Paradise....the original. Just like only Mr. Nice Widow or Serious AK. It never gets old. Prefer not to run out.

IMG_061354.JPG
IMG_061055.JPG
IMG_060853.JPG

2012 Outdoor Sensi Star.....likely the same phenotype.
IMG_026475.jpg

:circle-of-love: :passitleft: :Namaste:

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

Yep SS is a good one, overwhelming type of body stone with mental expansion.

Great show brother. I love paradise. Luc is one of favorite breeders. You know my dela come from his delahaze. Nebula is some badazz fire too.
Sensi star and ice cream have not been in my garden yet. That needs to change sooon.;)
Happy daze. Keep up the great work.

Just doing a drive-by. Hey I threw that Luther dogmanXtrainwreck on a paper towel. I love SS. It's one of the first strains I tried from Paradise Seeds. One day I'll get it going again. After I get a Chem going. Love those leaf buds. That means that plant was over loaded with trichomes.....

GL and Keepem Green

When I set up my tent I'm gonna pop my leftover seeds hoping this time I'm gonna have fewer problems with this strain.

Another question BL, this tent grow ALL the plants fell over after unstaked. The only difference between grows was this one had fabric pots (that cant be it?) Also this grow got a microbial called "Recharge" and bloom booster called "Flower Fuel" the other tent grows dident have. Thats got to be it? Those additives dont mix with FF? All grows got the same Cal/Mag.
I could of planted them a lil deeper in the fabric pot. This could be a factor.
I found a great hang spot in the house, nice and cool!
Great Day!!

Great show brother. I love paradise. Luc is one of favorite breeders. You know my dela come from his delahaze. Nebula is some badazz fire too.
Sensi star and ice cream have not been in my garden yet. That needs to change sooon.;)
Happy daze. Keep up the great work.

Yes...agree w/ you DK on Paradise. Have grown Delahaze outside & inside. In fact Delahaze was in my very 1st indoor run. A frosty sativa strain. A friend/patient visiting his son who lives in Amsterdam calls me & says...."My hotel is right next to Paradise store, pick out 2 strains or I'll just pick a couple myself." I hurry up & choose Delahaze & Jacky White, another sativa hybrid. Didn't know anything about either at the time. Was lucky....both grew real nice & very likable strains. Another friend loved Jacky White so much, he & his brother grow it almost exclusively now. Lol, good but not that good imo. For outdoor growers wanting an early blooming sativa dom. hybrid, JW consistently flowers very early....like mid July here at 37º N. :high-five:

Just doing a drive-by. Hey I threw that Luther dogmanXtrainwreck on a paper towel. I love SS. It's one of the first strains I tried from Paradise Seeds. One day I'll get it going again. After I get a Chem going. Love those leaf buds. That means that plant was over loaded with trichomes.....

GL and Keepem Green

The Annanuki Wildberry & the Motarebel Luther Dogman both use the old '95 Sensi Star favored by breeders. Chem #4 also in the LD so right up your alley. Didn't know that about leaf buds, thx.

When I set up my tent I'm gonna pop my leftover seeds hoping this time I'm gonna have fewer problems with this strain.

Maybe you just got an "off" seed. Don't see you having any future problems with SS. Have seen you grow strains that would seem to be a lot more difficult. Be careful...you might get hooked on it like me. :laughtwo:

Hello BL, I start my week of flower on flip day. Should I wait a few weeks for pistils then start the flower weeks?? If so my 12 weeks arent so long.

Another question BL, this tent grow ALL the plants fell over after unstaked. The only difference between grows was this one had fabric pots (that cant be it?) Also this grow got a microbial called "Recharge" and bloom booster called "Flower Fuel" the other tent grows dident have. Thats got to be it? Those additives dont mix with FF? All grows got the same Cal/Mag.
I could of planted them a lil deeper in the fabric pot. This could be a factor.
I found a great hang spot in the house, nice and cool!
Great Day!!

4D.....I start counting flower days right at change to 12/12, not when stigmas appear. Even though no "visible" flowers for a wk. or more, the plant goes into flower as soon as dark period is increased. Works best for me because it aligns with listed breeder flower times. That way I know roughly what to expect.

Fabric pots & microbes would not have anything to do with weak stems. Can't say about bloom boosters because I don't use any, but also unlikely to affect stem strength. For me the key to stout stems is ample Ca through the grow. Silica is also effective but I only use it occasionally. Chitin is also very effective. I get chitin from crab meal & insect frass. When I harvest, I always look at whether stems are solid or hollow. When all/mostly all solid, then I know I've used enough Ca. Imo liquid Calmag will not satisfy a plant's Ca needs....unless you're pouring it in in heavy volume...lol. Besides if any issue, it's either a Ca problem or a Mg problem, not automatically both imo. Maybe try some straight Ca next run, can't hurt & may remedy or help with the floppy stems.

IMG_058262.jpg

While I appreciate your kind words & compliments, I have my share of issues every grow. Always something popping up, one surprise after another. This time is was potassium. In my world, likely a nutrient antagonism with Ca. Hard to figure because I actually cut down Ca this run & didn't have it previous runs when I used more.

Posted this pic to show how pretty potassium deficiency can turn leaves in late flower. This was the Platinum Buffalo. I got a little worried because it showed up mid flower. K def. too early gets me worried about flower size & yield. While I'd just as soon not have any at all, late K def. doesn't seem to be a real problem. P. Buff. has been trimmed & my fears were unfounded. Pretty good yield. The K def. showed on a couple of other plants too, but only on a single lateral or two, which I don't understand why just that branch & not the entire plant. I even hit the P. Buff with a little Southern Organics Black Sea Kelp...1-1-17. An old bottle I keep around for "K emergencies". Helped out but I try to avoid using high K kelp products because they're made using Potassium Hydroxide, which has a negative impact on microbes.

IMG_068555.JPG

The last 2 just before harvest. Chem 91 on left, Dementia on right. Dementia harvested at 68 days, & Chem at 70. Chem was ~33" tall & Demential ~28" tall....both workable heights in my set up. I use a raised hydro tray to help my back problem. Good thing the Gorilla has 8' height. Photo taken using just the LED light. While the light is blindingly white to my eyes, photos show a yellowish cast similar to HPS light.

:circle-of-love: :thanks: :Namaste:

I've gotten them leaf buds afew times. Good explaination there BL... What he said.
That seed cracked slowly. Day three. But then temps are abit cooler. But,,, She looks like a good one. I'll do my best to raise your youngen right............
Keepem Green

Yes...agree w/ you DK on Paradise. Have grown Delahaze outside & inside. In fact Delahaze was in my very 1st indoor run. A frosty sativa strain. A friend/patient visiting his son who lives in Amsterdam calls me & says...."My hotel is right next to Paradise store, pick out 2 strains or I'll just pick a couple myself." I hurry up & choose Delahaze & Jacky White, another sativa hybrid. Didn't know anything about either at the time. Was lucky....both grew real nice & very likable strains. Another friend loved Jacky White so much, he & his brother grow it almost exclusively now. Lol, good but not that good imo. For outdoor growers wanting an early blooming sativa dom. hybrid, JW consistently flowers very early....like mid July here at 37º N. :high-five:

The Annanuki Wildberry & the Motarebel Luther Dogman both use the old '95 Sensi Star favored by breeders. Chem #4 also in the LD so right up your alley. Didn't know that about leaf buds, thx.

Maybe you just got an "off" seed. Don't see you having any future problems with SS. Have seen you grow strains that would seem to be a lot more difficult. Be careful...you might get hooked on it like me. :laughtwo:

4D.....I start counting flower days right at change to 12/12, not when stigmas appear. Even though no "visible" flowers for a wk. or more, the plant goes into flower as soon as dark period is increased. Works best for me because it aligns with listed breeder flower times. That way I know roughly what to expect.

Fabric pots & microbes would not have anything to do with weak stems. Can't say about bloom boosters because I don't use any, but also unlikely to affect stem strength. For me the key to stout stems is ample Ca through the grow. Silica is also effective but I only use it occasionally. Chitin is also very effective. I get chitin from crab meal & insect frass. When I harvest, I always look at whether stems are solid or hollow. When all/mostly all solid, then I know I've used enough Ca. Imo liquid Calmag will not satisfy a plant's Ca needs....unless you're pouring it in in heavy volume...lol. Besides if any issue, it's either a Ca problem or a Mg problem, not automatically both imo. Maybe try some straight Ca next run, can't hurt & may remedy or help with the floppy stems.

IMG_058262.jpg

While I appreciate your kind words & compliments, I have my share of issues every grow. Always something popping up, one surprise after another. This time is was potassium. In my world, likely a nutrient antagonism with Ca. Hard to figure because I actually cut down Ca this run & didn't have it previous runs when I used more.

Posted this pic to show how pretty potassium deficiency can turn leaves in late flower. This was the Platinum Buffalo. I got a little worried because it showed up mid flower. K def. too early gets me worried about flower size & yield. While I'd just as soon not have any at all, late K def. doesn't seem to be a real problem. P. Buff. has been trimmed & my fears were unfounded. Pretty good yield. The K def. showed on a couple of other plants too, but only on a single lateral or two, which I don't understand why just that branch & not the entire plant. I even hit the P. Buff with a little Southern Organics Black Sea Kelp...1-1-17. An old bottle I keep around for "K emergencies". Helped out but I try to avoid using high K kelp products because they're made using Potassium Hydroxide, which has a negative impact on microbes.

IMG_068555.JPG

The last 2 just before harvest. Chem 91 on left, Dementia on right. Dementia harvested at 68 days, & Chem at 70. Chem was ~33" tall & Demential ~28" tall....both workable heights in my set up. I use a raised hydro tray to help my back problem. Good thing the Gorilla has 8' height. Photo taken using just the LED light. While the light is blindingly white to my eyes, photos show a yellowish cast similar to HPS light.

:circle-of-love: :thanks: :Namaste:

Nice looking plants there BL.. I prolly asked you this before ... I can't remember but what brand drain tray do you have in that PIC ^^^ and what brand tent.

I've worn out my current setup and need to get a tray for those daze when I get messy!

Thanks for all the insight on seeds. I think I have a nice collection of some that you mentioned. I know I have Jacky White...

I've just completed trimming one of my plants I had pollinated DT X PMB (male) and got a lot of seeds. Glad I only did 3 branches and looked like I spread a little more cheer around as I found more seeds down low on one of the other DTs. New to making seeds and used a paint brush (small flat edge) ....

Growing plants indoors... usually always have some issue or another. I get yellowing down the stretch.. don't really attribute that to any deficiency tho. I use the same soil over and over .... plants are green until they aren't and chop and repeat! Some strains stay more green but most any sativa dom will turn color on me. I always thought that to be normal??

Thanks BL. I dident know you cant do too much cal/mag. Ive got a full bottle this next run. I was going light before. Maybe that was it. Last time the stems were so strong.
Your tent looks great. Plants, pan, everything. Clean. Healthy.

Nice looking plants there BL.. I prolly asked you this before ... I can't remember but what brand drain tray do you have in that PIC ^^^ and what brand tent.

I've worn out my current setup and need to get a tray for those daze when I get messy!

bob....tent is Gorilla 4 x 4. 8' height is one of its best features. Flood tray is a Duralastics. Had planned to buy a Botanicare, but tipped off that Botanicare owns & makes Duralastic but a few $ cheaper. Seems good....no cracking in 4+ yrs. At time thought maybe white over black better to reflect light. Too dense down by bottom anyway so really not much light gets down there. White's are all more expensive too.

Thanks BL. I dident know you cant do too much cal/mag. Ive got a full bottle this next run. I was going light before. Maybe that was it. Last time the stems were so strong.
Your tent looks great. Plants, pan, everything. Clean. Healthy.

Well, not exactly my friend. Think you misunderstood my reply. A plant can generally use good amts. of Ca but not equivalent amts. of Mg. Peat & coco both have ample amts. of Mg. in it already. I rarely add any Mg at all. If you want additional Ca then just use a Ca source. Take a look at some Kelzyme Element XX....35% calcium carbonate.

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Mass Med Strains Star Pupil

This strain has really been in the 420 Mag. spotlight lately. So much mention. A lot of people seem purple crazy...lol. More attracted to Prayer Pupil....decided to pick up both when buying the PP. Ran this one 1st since it's their flagship strain. My love of Thai made buying both easy.

Said to be a large plant....was slow & runty from the start. Never grew the roots I like & stayed smaller than others in same grow. Got her health & legs in flower. Maybe the most stubborn, totem pole indica I've met. Laterals literally plastered to apex. Feared pm or mold but ok there. Leaves large & long showing Thai side.

Vape was decent.....really enjoyed the Thai burst she gives. Thai lovers will recognize the Thai properties for sure. Wrapped in a light Afghani jacket so smooth & relaxing too. Not much flavor or smell. Had ample deep purple trichomes too, which I don't see often. If sure thing color is your thing....then this would be a solid choice.

IMG_059960.JPG

IMG_060054.JPG

IMG_059657.JPG

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom