Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

That wedding cake gelato put a lttle angle in my dangle.
Wowzers great growing brother.

I've gotta agree... shit is off the charts frosty... reminds me of the weather we are about to take part in on the East Coast.... blizzard on the way. Brrrrrrrr

Wow almost unbelievable the amount of frost yours girls have BL. U only use 2-3 gallon pots too right?

J....been using only 2 gal. fabrics since starting indoors. Allows max. variety.

Loud Seeds Dementia
An early Blue Dream x Amnesia Haze
Ok, this is the double mutation plant....3 leaf sets & polyploidism in one plant. Pretty sure this one would have been a tall girl so 3 leaf set kept her a lot shorter. Height is 2'. This kind of mutation results in a lot of colas....not kidding, lol.
IMG_052337.JPG

Terps. on this one made my personal top 5 all time. Sweet sugary grapefruit. On point & unmistakable. You know how terps. can change, morph, evolve in flower? Or worse yet some have little or no smell. This Dementia terp. profile has been the same & strong from start to now at 8 wks. Terps. during flower is a grower benefit that ranks high with me. Growers so lucky to be able to smell these amazing flowers. Nothing like live flower terpenes imo. :love:
IMG_0524_2.JPG

Can't pin down whether it's Soma's Amnesia Haze or a Soma Amnesia he held but didn't offer in seeds. Either way is fine but do want to try his AH w/ the exotic sativas in it. Always wanted to try it. Think good chance it is AH.....real thin leaves like SE Asian & tropical sativas.
IMG_052547.JPG

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

You got it going on over here my friend...... Alot of talk about this Wedding Cake Strain. I've seen afew growers working with it, and most have had a good looking plant to show for it too. I wanted to thank ya for that Wildberry. I had a piece of buddage dry enough to do alittle sample on it tonight. Uncured and bearly dry enough to smoke, she's Good Pot...... I still have one in flower. She still has a week, 2 max left, and if she works into a finished product like I think she will be,, I might have to reveg it. So far she's holding her own against the Black Dog in my eyes. I also have that Plucking Genius strain in veg. I guess I'll get a cut of her before I flower her out.
Interesting stuff about that polyploidism. They say you can make one using that nasty shit, but you can't use the product off that plant,,, but you can use the seeds.. Have you ever looked at that Breeder, Billy Budd I think here's alittle copy-paste of some of his shit. I guess you can buy clones from him in Canada but I'm thinking about getting a book he's got to do alittle old fashion reading;
Produce Tetraploid:
There are several methods of producing tetraploids involving different chemicals including. Caffeine, Orzalin and Colchicine.
The most effective method is, in my opinion, using Colchicine on the seeds and not on the plant. This is because treating the seeds will allow for the penetration of the chemical into all cells within the organism. Treating the plant will result in a polyploid that will eventually revert to diploid status. EXTREME WARNING: Colchicine is a deadly chemical and should not be used without proper ventilation, gloves and mask.
DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) can be added to the solution to enhance the penetration of the chemical being employed.
Prepare 3 different Colchicine solutions: .05%, .10% and .20%. This will allow for wider spectrum of experimentation but usually, the .10% solution works best.
Prepare three different trays of seeds for each solution strength.
Soak the seeds in solution for 24 hours. Hundreds of seeds will probably be required just to make a few tetraploids.
Germinate seeds in the normal fashion.
Check the taproot size to determine if the polyploid conversion was successful. The taproot will be swollen compare to diploid taproots.
Treatment of the seeds will result in most of the seeds either dying due to toxicity or not converting to tetraploid due to a weak solution.
Fully grown the tetraploids will display the typical tetraploids features: ducksfoot, double leaf sets, bonsai appearance, giantism.

Well, I'm outta here... Girls are looking like a blizzard hit them over here............... GL and Keepem Green

She's gorgeous in my eye...Also interesting comment about pot size. I ran 7.5 gal softies last run and I'll drop back to 5 gal when my seedlings are ready. Or will I? My soil bin might press me to a 2 gal something.

J....been using only 2 gal. fabrics since starting indoors. Allows max. variety.

IMG_052337.JPG

You got it going on over here my friend...... Alot of talk about this Wedding Cake Strain. I've seen afew growers working with it, and most have had a good looking plant to show for it too. I wanted to thank ya for that Wildberry. I had a piece of buddage dry enough to do alittle sample on it tonight. Uncured and bearly dry enough to smoke, she's Good Pot...... I still have one in flower. She still has a week, 2 max left, and if she works into a finished product like I think she will be,, I might have to reveg it. So far she's holding her own against the Black Dog in my eyes. I also have that Plucking Genius strain in veg. I guess I'll get a cut of her before I flower her out.
Interesting stuff about that polyploidism. They say you can make one using that nasty shit, but you can't use the product off that plant,,, but you can use the seeds.. Have you ever looked at that Breeder, Billy Budd I think here's alittle copy-paste of some of his shit. I guess you can buy clones from him in Canada but I'm thinking about getting a book he's got to do alittle old fashion reading;
Produce Tetraploid:
There are several methods of producing tetraploids involving different chemicals including. Caffeine, Orzalin and Colchicine.
The most effective method is, in my opinion, using Colchicine on the seeds and not on the plant. This is because treating the seeds will allow for the penetration of the chemical into all cells within the organism. Treating the plant will result in a polyploid that will eventually revert to diploid status. EXTREME WARNING: Colchicine is a deadly chemical and should not be used without proper ventilation, gloves and mask.
DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) can be added to the solution to enhance the penetration of the chemical being employed.
Prepare 3 different Colchicine solutions: .05%, .10% and .20%. This will allow for wider spectrum of experimentation but usually, the .10% solution works best.
Prepare three different trays of seeds for each solution strength.
Soak the seeds in solution for 24 hours. Hundreds of seeds will probably be required just to make a few tetraploids.
Germinate seeds in the normal fashion.
Check the taproot size to determine if the polyploid conversion was successful. The taproot will be swollen compare to diploid taproots.
Treatment of the seeds will result in most of the seeds either dying due to toxicity or not converting to tetraploid due to a weak solution.
Fully grown the tetraploids will display the typical tetraploids features: ducksfoot, double leaf sets, bonsai appearance, giantism.

Well, I'm outta here... Girls are looking like a blizzard hit them over here............... GL and Keepem Green

NCW, you are so fuckn knowledgeable my brother. I was just reading someone having trouble moving too many plants around and thought of you and how much Ive learned from you. Not your thread but had to stop and give you your props. I hope all is well in your world.
BL, harvest is gettn sooner for me!!
Great Day 420.

LOL cut and paste sure makes it easy to sound really intelligent. If''''' I tried to write anything with the words,,, even spell check woodn't help... Was a interesting read.
'The story of the 'Pink' Kush'. People were working with those chemicals for years

But I'd like to find a way to get afew of them Billy Bud seed or clones. I don't think they will ship seed to the States'.

Keepem Green

Y

Hey Woody and all.. I know that you copied this to share with us but I've gotta say I think the original poster got Colchicine mixed up with one or a few of the other chemicals he was talking about using to create polyploidism.

Colchicine is a product from a plant, autumn crocus. It's been one of those medicinal plants humans have used for several thousand years.
It's not poisonous and you dont need gloves and a mask to handle it or I'd be dead by now. In the last few years its been given out by doctors to treat gout, but it originally was made to treat humans for Mediterranean Fever. It's also used to treat dogs with Shar-Pei fever and how I know about it. My last buddy had Shar-Pei fever and would get fevers up to 107F - life threatening for sure. Once on Colchicine, no more fevers and my buddy lived till he was 15.... If you read wiki on it you'd think it was a poison, it can be but its like everything else.... my buddy took 6 mgs a day for 10 years and he only weighed 50#s and I fed it to him by hand every day. This plant goes back with use by humans as far back as the poppy plant. A pretty long time.

If you look up Autumn Crocus - it lists one of the uses as :

"Colchicine is also used in plant breeding to produce polyploid strains."

That would suggest that the changes are on a genetic scale & not temporary. I did some research and would agree. We can see what the benefit of polyploidy is with BLs plant - it's larger and has many many more colas than would be expected from the normal version of that plant. This is why it can be a benefit in horticulture.

I also would suggest that taking clones of that plant would pass on the polyploid in the cuts, since it's in the genetics. We know if taking cuts re-produces the mutation it can be replicated in seed form. Then it becomes a question of ethics.... in my eyes. I came to the conclusion that I would not pursue this for the reason of ethics. Just cause we can do something doesn't mean we should. Simple enough... not really.

Here's some interesting (to me) tidbit on polyploidy:

"Wheat, for example, after millennia of hybridization and modification by humans, has strains that are diploid (two sets of chromosomes), tetraploid (four sets of chromosomes) with the common name of durum or macaroni wheat, and hexaploid (six sets of chromosomes) with the common name of bread wheat. Many agriculturally important plants of the genus Brassica (mustard) are also tetraploids."

Sounds a lot like GMO to me. Food for thought.

Whoo! How did I miss this wonderful thread? Beauties you have here, BL. I hope you don't mind if have a seat right here.
:hippy:

Woody is really talking up that Puckin' Genius, what did you think about that girl?

Whoo! How did I miss this wonderful thread? Beauties you have here, BL. I hope you don't mind if have a seat right here.
:hippy:

Woody is really talking up that Puckin' Genius, what did you think about that girl?

Welcome lazyfish. Thanks for joining us....make yourself at home. Puckin' Genius was my chance to try some Cannarado genetics. PG was one of several Lemon G crosses he released last year. Had been wanting to take a look at Lemon G for awhile. PG is Lemon G crossed to Bohdi's Extreme Genius Thai. Lots of sativa...lol. A nice sativa but not the lighter, clear headed type. More of a thick, stony sativa high. Some pics of her a few pages back. :welcome:

Cali Connection Chem91 Sk Va
A big time favorite that I haven't grown since 2015. Wtf? Have grown many 91 crosses since, but none have really matched this one. Only the Loud Headband has come close. So am excited about this one. This plant is real close at 62 days.....lots of new stigmas still growing out but Chems seem to do that.
IMG_052245.JPG

Ethos Collective Ethos Cookies
Out of Colorado a Forum cookie w/ some Deadhead OG & Flo mixed in. Not an easy grow.....she suffered under early high pH soil, disliked even moderate nutrient levels, small yield expected. On the bright side.....the thickest trichome blanket of the grow, smells like clove & eucalyptus, small but some the hardest flowers I've seen. Not sampled yet.
IMG_053844.JPG

Karma Headstash
A combo OG w/ a little GSC & Cherry Pie. Slowest bud development of the grow but she kicked into high gear mid flower & has turned out some bulbous, hard & very frosty nuggets. Also not sample yet.
IMG_054641.JPG

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

BL, your girls are on point as usual brother. Phenomenal looking garden for sure BL! Some great pictures as well. I know you have probably stated several times, but what do you use to take your pictures?

Beautiful plants BL. I would love to grow a lemon G cross. It's sounds legit. Most of the lemony strains I've grown like the lemon haze and BF liberty haze have always done right by me. Maybe I just agree with limonene! Keep showing off the best US and world wide genetics! Your journals definitely showcase a wide variety!

Well BL I threw that Plucking Genius into flower. And I did get afew cuts off it. For some reason, I think she's going to be a keeper? The way my luck goes is I never keep the one I should and keep the ones I shouldn't.. The story of my life.. Anything sticks out in your memory? I remember seeing one pic afew months back. I can say this so far,,, she takes off like a shot from the gun, and she roots just as fast.
So I'm going to look at a Chem' something in my next order. I looked back and I've grown a variant like 8-9 years ago. Whatever I tried must not have been worth shit,, or I'd rememebered something. I'm usually real good at remembering that kind of shit.

But I'm open to any and all recommendations from everyone. I guess it's time to get alittle read on.

Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom