Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

The HLG 550 is a 4 board light setup. Uses 4 x 288 boards, should be awesome in a 4x4 tent

I took a real hard look at the 550... real hard. Was close to pulling the trigger, so close it was in the shopping cart. Had to take a sleep on it.

I'm getting the feeling we are just scratching the surface with efficiency. Hopefully soon we can get the same LED output from true 200w to equal a 1000w Gavita. Waiting for it...

BL man that Platinum Buffalo looks amazing. Good job buddy... I see 1 one your plants and think thats the best I've seen, then you post some more pics even better goodness. You're killing it my friend.

I've got 3 Buffalato in VEG right now. 1 looks like it has TMV.... there's mutant and there's TMV. TMV not good, I'm letting that run for a little bit and not touch it. If it doesn't clear up - I have to throw the whole shebang, pot, plant & soil in the garbage.. wish I had a burn pile! Oh wait... umm, I don't want that in my burn pile!

Anywho, the other 2 are stellar looking. I got a 10 pack and just running 3, too many seeds not enough pots! My Dolato is turning into a monster so very very happy with that and another Dolato in VEG.. Taking a long time to flower tho. Took like 9 days but the plant stretched x 3 so far.

Man I just googled Buffalato/images... oye! I'm a little freaked out. I need to puff and r e l a x. Must not internet...

Platinum Buffalo had some minor variegation & slight tip twist too. Seems to get over it into flower. Some say cannabis really can't get TMV?? Glad you looked up some pics....hope you don't throw it out. Some real lookers in IHG seeds. The White Buffalo may be something special....don't see much about it. We need to check it out. :laughtwo: :high-five:

AS....my experience is that the Mega kicks ass. Several top level lights out there but Mega has to be in any conversation. Any questions call Kevin at Next Light. I know IHG & Cannarado both have some Megas. That pic is how Mega light looks in photos, a slight yellow tint....the light is actually much whiter than in pic. Was told it was designed to flower a 5x5. Told Kevin I was planning to use in a 4x4 & what did he think? He got pretty excited & said "do it!". White led created by phosphor coating on more efficient blues...some loss of efficiency but no biggie imo. Comprehensive review of it on GrowLightCentral. Hidden discount at end of review. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this light. :Namaste:

Thats a kick ass light BL. I was torn between getting it and getting the Fluence Spydrx Plus. I am leaning towards the Spydrx by a thin margin. Both have very similar foot prints and I think either one kick some serious ass.

Platinum Buffalo had some minor variegation & slight tip twist too. Seems to get over it into flower. Some say cannabis really can't get TMV?? Glad you looked up some pics....hope you don't throw it out. Some real lookers in IHG seeds. The White Buffalo may be something special....don't see much about it. We need to check it out. :laughtwo: :high-five:

I know right.. been looking for that one! Here's a good one.. I have some know some kind folks that have a musical band from Upstate NY - band name Donna the Buffalo... we have a bunch of friends from all around that love this music ..also happen to love puffin.. So any strain with Buffalo in the strain name.. gonna be a big hit! Y-U-R. They tour all over the USA... love the PAC-NW and Colorado.

That was the reason for Buffalato seed purchase (like I a need a reason) and BL killing the IHG gear. I tried to get the Platinum Buffalo but was sold out b-4 I got in... I fell into the Buffalato.

I was checking out White Buffalo the other day.. found a seed company??

@bobrown14.....White Buffalo is from Klone King in San Jose. Primarily a clone farm. An offshoot from Ken Estes GDP. A new 80% sativa hybrid w/ Romulan, Blackberry Kush & Bay 11 in it.

Loud Seeds Dementia
Blue Dream x Amnesia/Amnesia Haze. Not a Blue Dream fan....nothing against it, just older gear & been there, done that. But crossed w/ Soma's Amnesia/Amnesia Haze, I thought it may blend nicely. Strain created as entry for 2012 25th Anniversary Cannabis Cup. Unclear whether it's an Amniesia or Amnesia Haze. Two very different strains. Ok either way but I'd prefer if it was the Amnesia Haze w/ more exotic sativas including Laos, Hawaiian, & Jamaican. Blue Dream used was an older 2012 F1.

Whorled Phillotaxy.....3 sets of leaves.
Probably a good thing w/ this strain as stated to grow quite tall. This mutation isn't optimum when found in an already squat indica.
IMG_016070.jpg

Dementia at 33 days.
Only a fim or 2. Heavy branching from the mutation.
IMG_039755.JPG

Dementia flower at 38 days. Bulk & frost increasing.
IMG_040753.JPG

Mass Medical Strains Star Pupil
Bought these awhile back along w/ Prayer Pupil. Attracted to both since each is a Thai hybrid. This 1st plant grows like an Afghani totem pole & little that I've done to get her to spread has worked. Laterals straight up hugging the main stem. Beyond the color nothing impressive at all about this strain so far. I didn't help things by messing up this batch of soil w/ some alkaline rice hulls. If effect is good, will give her another go someday.
IMG_040153.JPG

IHG Platinum Buffalo
Still the photogenic show off of this run. Nanners at 33 days but not terrible so far. Pics at 38 days & stigmas mostly gone on entire plant. Last feed tomorrow at 40 days....should be ready in couple wks.
IMG_041454.JPG
IMG_041555.JPG

Happy Holidays to All. :circle-of-love: :passitleft: :Namaste:

@bobrown14.....White Buffalo is from Klone King in San Jose. Primarily a clone farm. An offshoot from Ken Estes GDP. A new 80% sativa hybrid w/ Romulan, Blackberry Kush & Bay 11 in it.

Hey there BL - man that Platinum Buffalo looks GREAT! Wow. I'm really interested to see how my Buffalato turns out now... it's a cross of Platinum Buffalo and Dolato. Where do you find all these seed collectives?? If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have 1/2 the genetics I have in hand now... wait... not sure if thanking you!!

But thanking you non-the-less. Looks like Klone king = real deal. How do you get seeds from them??

My Dolato plant is hitting the roof now in stretch. She's over head high now and turning into a monster... I keep growing plants the are stretching on me x3 or more. Dolato has some inter nodal distance tho for now. I guess I should expect that since she stretched so quickly. Her sister in VEG is only 20" - I didn't move her to flower because lack of space.

The 1 Buffalato that was growing mutant is ironing herself out now.. as she gets bigger.

I just learnt 3 things in Botany reading this post... thank you..

1 - Pistols are not just the hairs but the Stigma is
2 - Whorled leaf pattern is due to lack of Auxin in part of the stem
3 - Phillotaxy = whorled leaf pattern and is associated with Fibonacci numbers, like the Sun Flower.

Are you worried that the seedling will be a runt? Be cool to run her out and see what happens. I've never seen one of them in Cannabis. Made me think of polylploid but they are totally different after looking it up.

Anywho.... BL your pics are beautiful.. all of them look GREAT!

PotChimp ran a few whorled seeds that he got from his GDP project ...

Grand Daddy Purple S1 - Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

If they make it all the way to finish, you can get those strange fused-cola tops. :cheesygrinsmiley:

0062544.JPG

0101748.JPG

Hello BL, I had a thought.... the Banana in the tent, I want to reveg it. So just cut all/most the buds off and leave a lil greenery on the bottom at put it back to 18/6? I want to save it, clone it and grow as much as I can of it. Instinct tells me its the best Ive grown and possibly the best Ive smoked. Definitely TOP shelf.
Ive reveged yard grow plants from spring to fall and thats what I did, leave some greenery on the bottom and watch her come back.
Thanks 420. Lets get HIGH!
:passitleft:

Hey there BL - man that Platinum Buffalo looks GREAT! Wow. I'm really interested to see how my Buffalato turns out now... it's a cross of Platinum Buffalo and Dolato. Where do you find all these seed collectives?? If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have 1/2 the genetics I have in hand now... wait... not sure if thanking you!!

But thanking you non-the-less. Looks like Klone king = real deal. How do you get seeds from them??

My Dolato plant is hitting the roof now in stretch. She's over head high now and turning into a monster... I keep growing plants the are stretching on me x3 or more. Dolato has some inter nodal distance tho for now. I guess I should expect that since she stretched so quickly. Her sister in VEG is only 20" - I didn't move her to flower because lack of space.

The 1 Buffalato that was growing mutant is ironing herself out now.. as she gets bigger.

I just learnt 3 things in Botany reading this post... thank you..

1 - Pistols are not just the hairs but the Stigma is
2 - Whorled leaf pattern is due to lack of Auxin in part of the stem
3 - Phillotaxy = whorled leaf pattern and is associated with Fibonacci numbers, like the Sun Flower.

Are you worried that the seedling will be a runt? Be cool to run her out and see what happens. I've never seen one of them in Cannabis. Made me think of polylploid but they are totally different after looking it up.

Anywho.... BL your pics are beautiful.. all of them look GREAT!

Good to hear your Buffalato is straightening herself out from the veg variegation & twist. Think may be a great strain w/ the White Buffalo lightening up the Dolato. Dolato was potent but a little too much on the heavy side for my liking. Must be from the Gelato because Dosido isn't like that.

Google King Klone Brand. See that now seeds are available w/ list of distributors. Had been clone only strain.

That Dementia pic of the little seedling w/ the WP mutation grew into the plant shown below it. With all those branches taking up energy, the WP made her a decent sized sativa bush. Glad for it as breeder says Dementia gets pretty big.

PotChimp ran a few whorled seeds that he got from his GDP project ...

Grand Daddy Purple S1 - Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

If they make it all the way to finish, you can get those strange fused-cola tops. :cheesygrinsmiley:

0062544.JPG

0101748.JPG

Pot Chimp's mutation looks like polyploidism more than whorled phyllotaxy to me. Oddly, I also have two laterals on the Dementia that have polyploidism too. Last run I had it on a Sage N Sour.....I had taken a pic of that. Didn't like the heavy leaves at top of bud, but the buds were fine after trim but with a distinctive look. Also you can see the distinctive flat stems on the bud pic.
IMG_349718.jpg
IMG_357715.jpg

I actually have another mutation this run. Have seen pics of buds growing out of leaf but not a leaf growing out of a leaf. Not a singular leaf but most of the larger leaves. Strain is Ethos Cookies.
IMG_036449.JPG

Hello BL, I had a thought.... the Banana in the tent, I want to reveg it. So just cut all/most the buds off and leave a lil greenery on the bottom at put it back to 18/6? I want to save it, clone it and grow as much as I can of it. Instinct tells me its the best Ive grown and possibly the best Ive smoked. Definitely TOP shelf.
Ive reveged yard grow plants from spring to fall and thats what I did, leave some greenery on the bottom and watch her come back.
Thanks 420. Lets get HIGH!
:passitleft:

The only reveg's I've had 4D were from clones grown outdoors caused by weather/overcast. Horrible! Just wrecked the plants. I've never done it to a plant willingly & never plan to. So have to leave your Q up to others to answer.

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Gonna be interesting to see how your little one turns out. Take pics of her as she gets bigger.

Yeah PCs plant looks like polyploid to me and I've grown a few. That's a genetic mutation, the whorled leaf thing is growth hormone related, at least that's my take on it from reading yesterday.

Here's the Buffalato mutant.... this was the other day, new leaves starting to look a little more normal. There for a sec thought she was a goner. The 2nd pic was what I thought looked like TMV?? I don't think plants survive from that tho and this one is growing. 1 of the others I think is going to have the alligator leaves which looks weird too, the 3rd is normal.

DSC_0003179.JPG

DSC_0002181.JPG

DSC_0001150.JPG

I hear you on the Dolato high... this one I'm growing started out with big fat fans and now in stretch looks more like a Sativa leaner..

I'm not a big fan of the heavy high either... but it's a nice change from White Knuckles DT #5.. wow, impossible to sleep, back in the day I'd love that but meh... it's a lot like straight up speed, my heart rate over 100 laying in bed! Not really what I'm looking for either!

Back
Top Bottom