Dolimite
Azomite
Worm poop
Gypsum
Mycoz
Azos

And I'm gonna let it cook at least 6 weeks I think

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

In the future I'd avoid dolomite for indoors, promix is basically just pete moss, dolomite, perlite...would be cheaper and better to just buy pete moss and mix in your own aeration, already using Mycos + Azos so don't need to worry about promix's mycos :Namaste:

What's everyone's thoughts on paramagnetic rock? If you have easy access to it, is it worth using as an amendment?

Locally andesite is available, is it worth adding it in?

In the future I'd avoid dolomite for indoors, promix is basically just pete moss, dolomite, perlite...

I agree that dolomite should be avoided, but ProMix is PHed with primarily limestone - a blend. I had a conversation with one of their soil techs. :cheesygrinsmiley: They mine the peat from various bogs and blend it. All their products start that way. Then they add the calcium for ProMix and other retail products, along with perlite, mycos, etc. But the dolomite is low enough not to be an issue for most soils.

:Namaste:

Re: Brightlight's Outdoor & LED Gardens

I started a new journal I don't want to jack bl's but I decided to go with

And I'm gonna let it cook at least 6 weeks I think

No worries on posting here. Can tap into other's knowledge & experience.

Is espoma garden lime the same as dolimite lime cuase that's the lime I'm actually using...

And bl do you know if I organic chia seeds would be beneficial in making a tea for the ladies or if I should not try it

Not exactly. Both calcium but dolomite has Mg too. My beef with dolomite is how it keeps pH in upper 6's, which is why many organic folks say in organics no need to check pH. But not good if different pH is desired. I like lower pH & so does Ca.

In the future I'd avoid dolomite for indoors, promix is basically just pete moss, dolomite, perlite...would be cheaper and better to just buy pete moss and mix in your own aeration, already using Mycos + Azos so don't need to worry about promix's mycos :Namaste:

Not used Promix so can't say. Many love it. Most times the additives in mixes are slight so mixing more can be beneficial. Not for me because I want coco in addition to peat.

What's everyone's thoughts on paramagnetic rock? If you have easy access to it, is it worth using as an amendment?

I believe it. On 2nd run w/ Nectar #4, which has some. Same vein....I've used Earth&Grow since starting indoors. Have noted my cycle times tend to be faster than a lot of what I see. Not familiar w/ andesite. :Namaste:

I agree that dolomite should be avoided, but ProMix is PHed with primarily limestone - a blend. I had a conversation with one of their soil techs. :cheesygrinsmiley: They mine the peat from various bogs and blend it. All their products start that way. Then they add the calcium for ProMix and other retail products, along with perlite, mycos, etc. But the dolomite is low enough not to be an issue for most soils.

:Namaste:

We were typing at the same time GT. :laughtwo: Low dolomite level would add some Mg. & maybe not enough to impact pH.

Couple plates of fresh meds on Rx fill day.

91 Star
IMG_035655.JPG

Blood Orange OG
IMG_035245.jpg

:circle-of-love:

Pictures,,,,,,, JK Congrats on the buddage.. Some serious chunks............ Keepem Green

^^^^^ That FTW! Great advice.. save the dolo for the yard and outdoor gardens even the trees love it.

Andesite is a black basaltic rock. One of the granite dusts I use in my soil mix is Basalt.... it's 60% SiO2 (Silicon Dioxide).

I use a lot of granite dust in my soil mix, something on the order of 4 cups per cu ft. Usually a mix of 2 different dusts. Best to use local... specially if its in the form of a dust or powder. It won't break down into some sort of "big bud candy' but it has LOTS of micro nutrients and a nice home for bacteria.

here's my mix added to:
1/3 CSPM
1/3 humus
1/3 aeration

Acadian Kelp Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot

Neem Cake and Karanja Cake 50/50 Mix @ 1/2 cup per cubic foot

Crustacean Meal @ 1/2 Cup per cubic foot

Gypsum Dust @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Brix Blend Basalt @ 2 Cups Per Cubic Foot (this is the black basalt)

Glacial Rock Dust @ 2 Cups Per Cubic Foot

Oyster Flour @ 1 Cup Per Cubic Foot

Malted Barley @ 1 cup Per Cubic Foot

Cubic foot = 7 gallons

Notice there's no Dolomite, plenty of Ca in all of those ingredients.

IF you use 1/3 aeration, even with all that rock dust the soil mix will feel very light...

For ProMix.. this product is primarily made and "marketed" for professional landscape contractors not for container gardening. Add to that the price.... meh. I've seen in person the CPSM being harvested for Premier, the company that makes ProMix.

We add in all the extras in our soil mixes at pennies on the dollar compared to what they sell it for out of the bag/bale. The ProMix peat moss is the same as their $10 bale (Premier Brand) CSPM sold at lowes minus the stuff we add in.

Looks like this :

51GycLykTDL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Mammoth P Update

While I've never been wild about Mammoth P, I did see a bit of yield increase using it. Whether it was the Mammoth P or other improvements/techniques, I will never know. At the going price, it would have to be near sensational to continue, but since I was sent a large bottle sample I had planned to continue dabbling with it.

I never experienced the yellowing that has been fairly widely reported. Until now.....yellowing at top of plant. Just 2 strains. Treated for Mg & Fe. Got green to return & gave another 1 ml/1.5 gal. Yellow again...just on one strain....Sensi Star. Well bullshit if there's a strain I know about & how to grow it's Sensi Star. So it's very strain dependent. All 9 last run took it just fine. 7 this run take it ok.

Some digging disclosed it contains alfalfa, which contain triacontanol...a growth stimulant. No microbes I've ever used cause yellowing so must consider the triacontanol. Well I don't like any kind of growth stimulants or PGR's so won't be buying any more. Will dribble a few drops/gal. to use it up or maybe just feed it to plants in the yard.

Thanksgiving Blessings

What better time to be grateful for how we can now grow more freely & select from amazing seed stock. A far cry from my 1st plant of bag seed at a time when growing 1 plant was a felony. Here's a few I've acquired over the end of summer & into fall.

IMG_034551.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Not yet Duggan. Funny story on the CB Gelato. Tropic Thunder is a mysterious Maui Wowie that I'd heard about so jumped at chance to try it. Turns out it's not the Maui sativa but rather the Tropic Thunder by Oni Seeds, which is Tropicanna Cookies (GSC x Tangie) X CPT (Cherry Pie x Tangie). Was like oh well not the Hawaiian I had hoped for...... but can't be too disappointed with my "consolation" prize. Lol. Should be a tasty one....Oni is known for serious terps. in its strains.

Hey BL, just wanting to wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving. Happy Turkey day to all you other USA 420 folks out there as well!

Back
Top Bottom