Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

Dedoverde Haze

3rd time for a favorite. Consistent insane terps every time.....heavy sweet pine, forest fresh, slight floral, spice background. Same tastes. Best effort & plant yet but slightly different effect. A little less of the unique contented positive well being that makes this cultivar stand out for me. Still there but less clear & more stony, potent. Earlier grows were so alike I didn't know there was this pheno. Got early idea when sampled at 50-50 clear/cloudy & already could tell different. So let her get good & ripe & cut at 63. Needed to restock this one. Never get tired of it.

IMG_023361.JPG
IMG_022868.JPG
IMG_022370.JPG
IMG_021256.jpg

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Mornin 420. B. Brown, I was gifted the pans by the guy who gave me the 600w hps's. Ive got another the same size and two more 6" bigger that I have no use for. Your welcome to one for free but you have to come get it. Theres a wholesale grow supply by me that has a good selection of pans. I could get there info if you like. I love my pan. Im glad I dont dump on the tents floor. It had holes on both ends for drainage that I plugged with that stuff on TV. The size is 4x8 approx. it fits perfect with some room on the end. Not sure the make. The wholesale grow store is called DL Wholesale and they ship. They have a website.
I waterd and Cal/mag the tent last night and some are reaching this morning! When I have the "Reach" I think of your plants NCW and how Im on track. Thanks for the ol mans club welcome! My trim buddies kids ol lady is having trouble having kids and hes jealous as heck. Dudes spoiled as honey his whole life but somethings cant be bought.
Fans. Just when I go yesterday to get another milk crate from the side of Smart n Final because this tents run is at the height of my last at harvest just 2 weeks into flower (no worries I have room). On the floor is better? I get the theory. On the floor it goes. I saw a grow on TV yesterday, a warehouse grow and they had fans a blowing. It showed me the fan strength they were using too. A lil more than the ruffle ive got going. Fans are the trick. I wasent too comfortable with 4 milk crates anyways.
Nice bud BL!
Great Day 420!

Beautiful pics brights! What a pretty plant and buds. Is that from HSO?

Sold at HSO but breeder is Dr. Greenthumb aka B. Real of Cypress Hill. Learned from a reliable seed bank that HSO is more of a seed mall than actual breeder. Many independent breeders sell their cultivars at HSO. Heard of 42? He was former HSO breeder now on his own.

BL, that haze looks phenomenal!!! Do you like your hazes before you get any ambers?

On sativa doms I consider harvest any time after I see 50-50 cloudy-clear. Usually harvest sativas between 65-80% cloudy. Never want any ambers on these. I rely more on bud appearance & smell beside trichomes than most seem to do. When stigmas = 75% colored, that is right around peak ripeness & should still have strong fragrance. When I see that, then may wait a bit longer on trichs, but not much.

Awhile back there was discussion on whether organic growers using highly mineralized soil don't seem to reach amber easily or even at all. To be honest imo most herb with more than a few random ambers is likely too mature & getting ruined. That goes for any cultivars not just sativa. But consensus seem to always want amber. Picking the right strains for effect is my preferred way rather than getting a certain effect by waiting for advanced trichome color.

:Namaste:

Makes sense. I am still trying to understand first hand the trichome development vs the affects I want. Hell I am still trying to figure out what I want in terms of affects LOL.

I am pretty sure I think I like the more cloudy and clear trichomes a bit more than ambers. Will experiment more with it this harvest.

Makes sense. I am still trying to understand first hand the trichome development vs the affects I want. Hell I am still trying to figure out what I want in terms of affects LOL.

I am pretty sure I think I like the more cloudy and clear trichomes a bit more than ambers. Will experiment more with it this harvest.

Try some at earlier stages of cloudy....like 60-65%. If grown well even a full indica can rip your head off at that trichome stage. "High" over "stone". :Namaste:

Hey there BL, interesting on what you said about organic growers and trichome colors.... I usually go by the shape and size of the Calyx.. the colors of trichomes can be most anything depending on strain. I've seen red and purple... when do I wanna harvest them???

When I see a nice fat calyx with some rust colored pistols that get's my attention right quick. When pistols start to recede or shrink.. then hurry and get the loppers. I try not to wait that long.

I think Sativa Doms are the hardest to make the chop call. Some of them can go for ever if they have enough equatorial genetics.

I really like the look of your Devoverde Haze... That is a very pretty plant and healthy A/F.

Hey there D - thanks for the offer bro.. yeah prolly not going to do pick up! There's a few hydro shops around me that have trays. I wanted to get one to fit a 4' x 8' just like you have .. that actually fits inside the tent. I do automated watering system and every once in a while I get a small flood that I have to bend over and mop up with sponges. Be a heck of a lot easier to dry vac it out of the tray. Or since it's winter time grrrrr - let the water evaporate.

We just went from 60sF and RH in the 70% range to 21F and RH 20%, over night. Ouch. IF anyone had any outdoor plants going they got toasted last night. Looking like it might snow Sunday... yay!

Try some at earlier stages of cloudy....like 60-65%. If grown well even a full indica can rip your head off at that trichome stage. "High" over "stone". :Namaste:

I will give them a try this go around. I am about 2 weeks out on the Durban Poison, the Blueberry, and the Blue Kush. I think I might take half of each of them a bit early and then the rest about the time I took it last time.

The ATFs I think I will harvest all a bit on the early side....well maybe all but one of the plants, leave one for normal time (Like the ATF oil).

I think Sativa Doms are the hardest to make the chop call. Some of them can go for ever if they have enough equatorial genetics.

Agree 100%. Sometimes hard to be decisive when fresh white stigmas keep popping out. Despite what I've said....have gone too long many times. Funny that while I've often waited too long can't really say the opposite...that I picked it too soon. Lol.

SOOOOO TRUE.... I probably overdid my last C-99. But like said,,, when she keeps throwing out white new hair,,, makes ya wonder... I think we need to tear into the center of a big bud and see what's up with the trichromes.... Hey BL fast? That Plucking one,,, fem seed? Thanks I have one started.. Imagine that?? GL and Keepem Green

SOOOOO TRUE.... I probably overdid my last C-99. But like said,,, when she keeps throwing out white new hair,,, makes ya wonder... I think we need to tear into the center of a big bud and see what's up with the trichromes.... Hey BL fast? That Plucking one,,, fem seed? Thanks I have one started.. Imagine that?? GL and Keepem Green

Puckin' Genius is fem seed. Close to everything from Cannarado are fems. :passitleft:

Well, then I got a pink cigar for all thanks.... Keepem Green

Im right with you on this Van. Im learning about when to pick too. Ive thought half amber is best but maybe not. I know a few old time growers that pick before Amber. The guy that gave me the lights theory is always...one more week, so the opposite. I noticed with the Banana harvested 25% clear to 75% cloudy is stony stuff. Ive also noticed a plant with great fragrance dident have nearly the same 3 weeks later when picked. I wonderd if I picked late. My harvest window just got sooner.
Whats the IPM you guys refer too? Im guessing the pump mister?
Great Day 420.

4-Dees said:
Whats the IPM you guys refer too? Im guessing the pump mister?
Great Day 420.

IPM - integrated Pest Management... I use this:

"Chapin 20000 Poly Lawn and Garden Sprayer" - $10 on amazon. Been using the one I have for several years... I use it a lot.

Add to 1 gallon filtered water:

1 tbs Monterrey Garden Spray (spinosad)
1/4 cup horsetail fern tea
1tsp Pro-tekt
1 cap full of Fullpower
1/4 cup of organic pure coconut water (no preservatives and not sugar). Trader Joe's version with Aloe! FTMFW

Foiler the plants like they are in a hurricane... wet them down top to btm and btm to top ... and repeat. This mix will be good for 8-10 full sized ladies.

Timing:
If active infestation - 2-3 times a week for 2 weeks - no misses - can spray night before harvest (not suggested).

No pests - 2-3 times in VEG... when I feel it, in flower.

Earlier that later, because they will continue to ripen as they dry :thumb: But I reach for more sometimes and let them go too far.

"Chapin 20000 Poly Lawn and Garden Sprayer" - $10 on amazon. Been using the one I have for several years... I use it a lot.

1tsp Pro-tekt
1 cap full of Fullpower
1/4 cup of organic pure coconut water (no preservatives and not sugar). Trader Joe's version with Aloe! FTMFW

Foiler the plants like they are in a hurricane... wet them down top to btm and btm to top ... and repeat. This mix will be good for 8-10 full sized ladies.

Timing:
If active infestation - 2-3 times a week for 2 weeks - no misses - can spray night before harvest (not suggested).

Pretty close to what I do, but I don't do the coconut water or the tea. Only when I have an issue though. I am going to try that tea...I keep saying it, but one of these days lol.

Earlier that later, because they will continue to ripen as they dry :thumb: But I reach for more sometimes and let them go too far.

Pretty close to what I do, but I don't do the coconut water or the tea. Only when I have an issue though. I am going to try that tea...I keep saying it, but one of these days lol.

Can add goodies to the IPM specially if you're doing organic control.

Another good one is Kelp tea... soak kelp meal in water and strain - foiler on.

Coconut water really perks the ladies up and its not subtle.. another thing that will perk things up and shorten your harvest times is malted barley watered in... grind up 1oz of malted barley (can get at a brewing store or online) must be the malted barley seeds.... grind to fine powder and mix in with a gal or 2 of water stir and water in....should cut your harvest times by 15-20% and increase resin production + lots of (8) enzymes added to soil really kicks the organisms into high gear.

I add ground malted barley to my soil at transplant from VEG to FLOWER @ 1-2tbs mix in with a handful of EWC... + mycos then Into flower. I always get stretch. The last time I didn't get at least x2 stretch (includes Chems I run) was a plant I didn't do anything with same pot in VEG and into flower with nothing added to the soil. Did that for shits and giggles... actually was going to toss that plant (LSD) as I didn't really have room....

1tsp Pro-tekt
1 cap full of Fullpower

Timing:

Pro-text......whats this?
Full power....whats this?
Aloe, Ive got some "Fruit of the earth " Pure 98% Aloe that Im not going to drink or can I add this to a foliar and if so how much? Its got citric acid and sodium benzoate in it so I guess its out?
B.Brown, no need to add soap to your recipe? Im confused about this as far as do I add it to my essential oil spray or when to add to any spray, couple drops of dawn to a half gallon of Rosemary spray? Ive read yes? My grow buddy says no it separates the oil in the water? I told him the recipe says so.
My Hot Pepper spray I added 2 drops of Dawn and my friend said he thought it was sticking better.
Should I add the Dawn to my ISO wash??
Not sure when to add soap and what it does.
I fed the tent before lights out yesterday and they look wonderful today. I pulled a few bad leafs and not a bug, dead or alive.
Thanks 420

Back
Top Bottom