Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

Pro-tekt is a potassium silicate, a form of both potassium and silica

Ful-Power is a Fulvic Acid by the company Bio Ag, considered the best available by many .

Pro-tekt is a potassium silicate, a form of both potassium and silica

Ful-Power is a Fulvic Acid by the company Bio Ag, considered the best available by many .

^^^ That ....

can use aloe instead of dawn soap - to mix oil and water. Aloe has saponin and other goodies for plants

Can use soap nuts instead of dawn soap - to mix oil and water. Soap nuts = saponin (soap) and other goodies for plants

Dawn soap = chemically made saponin

Ful-Power = Fulvic Acid also from BioAg - organic

That mix I use doesn't have any oils in it. Sometimes I will add in Neem Oil IF and only IF I have a serious infestation of something (usually mites). Neem Oil tastes and smells like shit effective but I try and not use it. If add oil, I add in a little soap nut water we have it around for washing dishes and whatnot.. just pour a little in with the water and shake.... Aloe will do the same thing as soap.. you should be able to find aloe juice without any preservatives. It doesn't keep very well.

We grow aloe plants, well 1 plant and it's HUGE... LST training works on it and then I have all the aloe I need and more. Wrap the cut end of the leaf with wax paper and put in the fridge... usually end up tossing it a month or so later. Salicylic acid among other goodies in the aloe ...

I use aloe the same as you would use Dawn dish washing liquid to mix oils with water... shake it.

Annunaki Genetics Wildberry
Black Cherry Soda x Gorilla Biscuit (Stardawg IX x Sensi Star)

Ok this one deserves some mention. This is upper echelon indica. Serious top level shit that checks about every box. What a cool ass surprise. Knew nothing about Annunaki until bought IHG from him. Wildberry was a no brainer for me. BCS is rare & had prior interest ....I love Chem & Sensi Star equally. Sometimes these things work out & match our likes. Perfect blending. Dude knows how to breed. Closest I'd say is Pheno #1 on his site. Pine, pine & more pine. Little bit of the citrus & fruit listed. Mine less violet purple. I got green w/ subtle pale reds. Like background color. Same pine palate w/ mild menthol. Alert, sharp, uplifting head w/ full indica body massage. Exceptional sense of well being & zero energy drain. Punches hard too.

Good yield from small bush
IMG_026270.JPG

IMG_024069.JPG

Low natural light - can't see color
IMG_024663.JPG

White Mega light looks yellowish in pics - can see the red undertones
IMG_024770.JPG

IMG_024958.JPG

:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Gorgeous flowers BL, sounds like a strain i'd love too. I like a nice head high ending in deep relaxation.

^^^ That ....

can use aloe instead of dawn soap - to mix oil and water. Aloe has saponin and other goodies for plants

Can use soap nuts instead of dawn soap - to mix oil and water. Soap nuts = saponin (soap) and other goodies for plants

Dawn soap = chemically made saponin

Ful-Power = Fulvic Acid also from BioAg - organic

That mix I use doesn't have any oils in it. Sometimes I will add in Neem Oil IF and only IF I have a serious infestation of something (usually mites). Neem Oil tastes and smells like shit effective but I try and not use it. If add oil, I add in a little soap nut water we have it around for washing dishes and whatnot.. just pour a little in with the water and shake.... Aloe will do the same thing as soap.. you should be able to find aloe juice without any preservatives. It doesn't keep very well.

We grow aloe plants, well 1 plant and it's HUGE... LST training works on it and then I have all the aloe I need and more. Wrap the cut end of the leaf with wax paper and put in the fridge... usually end up tossing it a month or so later. Salicylic acid among other goodies in the aloe ...

I use aloe the same as you would use Dawn dish washing liquid to mix oils with water... shake it.

So that cut piece of Aloe.... you squeeze the juice in the foliar mix or do you drop the 2" chunk in the sprayer bottle? Im thinking just a few drop squeezed into the gal sprayer like the Dawn? Ive got an Aloe growing good too. I was thinking of bringing it inside for winter, good idea? It dosent freeze here but comes close to it.
I saw Aloe bushes as big as 2 story houses in Hawaii. No joke. It was something to see. I look at my lil healthy fucker I have in the backyard potted and think.... I wonder If I can get her bigger than a basketball here in Calif?
Thanks Bob Brown. Oils are hard on a plant and all your remedies are oil free. (Except the Neem Meal? But the Neem meal has to be less oily than the Neem oil?)
My tents beautiful today!! a lil defoil and a Recharge today, I hope no bugs. Spray tomorrow regardless.
Great day 420

Lots of room for individual selection in organics Dave. Of those in your pic....love the use of bone meal & gypsum. Garden lime great Ca source but Ca Carbonate will drive up pH (bicarbonates) so keep eye on that. Gypsum is great, holds down pH, & good sulfur source.

Personally I don't use blood meal. NCW swears by it & based on his plants, can't argue with that. I don't like anything with high NPK numbers. Also still holding the old hippy belief of adrenalin in blood of slaughtered animals. Probably silly but never used it.

Looked up the Dr. E Life & the purely organic. Both have excellent ingredients but again I'm not a fan of high NPK concentrations. Life is acceptable at 5-5-5 but be careful. Maybe just one or the other imo. Would be strong for youngsters. The time release feature can also pose a problem.....e.g., don't want too much N releasing in flower.

Keep in mind....once you put it in, can't take it out. That's why I tend toward weaker mixes. Strong enough to easily go through veg but starting to fade in flower which allows me to tailor my flower feeds.

You didn't say what your project is. Looks like a great plan for outdoors where soils are re-used in whole or part. Indoors same. If you toss indoor soil ea. run then not good.....many organic ingredients take way too long to break down & be available for high speed dynamic indoor container growing.

What else? Here's a mild outdoor mix I helped a friend use for both herbs & veggies outdoors this past year. She reports success on both. Don't need all of course but will give you an idea of things you may wish to get & use at some point. I'm not a fan of nitrate, ammoniacal, & urea forms of N. Distancing myself from them as much as possible. Effects on plant & microbes plus environmental reasons. I've moved toward protein forms of N via aminos as much as I can. Absolutely love aminos.

SOIL RECIPE
Mix amts. for 7 gal. 2 tbs. unless noted. A pretty complete mix but not strong due to small amts.

Gypsum 2x
Soft Rock Phosphate
Bone Meal 4x
Glacial Rock Dust
Element XX Calcium
Greensand
Azomite
Sul Po Mag 1 tbs.
Alfalfa Meal
Mykos 2x
Cottonseed Meal
Humic Acid (solid form)
Feather Meal
Bat & Seabirds Guano (both high N & high P)
Worm Castings 3 32 oz cups
Bu’s Malibu Biodynamic Compost 1-2 32 oz cups
Ancient Forest Humus 1-2 32 oz cups
Perlite 1-3 32 oz cup or same amount Rice Hulls
Insect Frass or Crab Meal…for chitin

Hope this helps a little bit. Check out @bobbrown14's fine journal. He's a very skilled organic gardener. His soil is Coots based & bob just listed many of his ingredients. :Namaste:

Thank you......my project is just that I want to switch from chemical nutes to organic. I've heard how much better the Quality is when grown organically plus it just makes sense to grow like God intended (naturally).

I will be growing indoors and maybe outdoors if I still have soil leftover. I bought the Dr earth fert 5,5,5 and the other organic one 8,8,8 just because it said I should use a fert that npk is even. So I will be only using one and at the moment Dr Earth looks like the one I will be going with. I don't know if I need everything I bought but I just buy all the amendments that I read other people talking about the thing is I have no idea the recipes for a 1cubic foot.

Im going to take a trip to htg today and get crab meal or crustacean meal for the chiton if they don't have that will shrimp meal work the same?

Sorry for all the questions, I definitely need to hit the library and do some studying. I'm just looking for a simple soil recipe to start with while beginning. I have never grown organically and I am looking forward to learning but to be completely honest I get kind of terrified and overwhelmed because theres so much I don't understand or have not learned yet

Thank you......my project is just that I want to switch from chemical nutes to organic. I've heard how much better the Quality is when grown organically plus it just makes sense to grow like God intended (naturally).

I will be growing indoors and maybe outdoors if I still have soil leftover. I bought the Dr earth fert 5,5,5 and the other organic one 8,8,8 just because it said I should use a fert that npk is even. So I will be only using one and at the moment Dr Earth looks like the one I will be going with. I don't know if I need everything I bought but I just buy all the amendments that I read other people talking about the thing is I have no idea the recipes for a 1cubic foot.

Im going to take a trip to htg today and get crab meal or crustacean meal for the chiton if they don't have that will shrimp meal work the same?

Sorry for all the questions, I definitely need to hit the library and do some studying. I'm just looking for a simple soil recipe to start with while beginning. I have never grown organically and I am looking forward to learning but to be completely honest I get kind of terrified and overwhelmed because theres so much I don't understand or have not learned yet

I have great respect for all styles of growing & try to learn a bit on many, but happy to have you join the organic minority. Fine to start simple soil mix & add as you go. Insane to go out & buy dozen or more ingredients right off the bat. Add as you go & as you feel you need.

Yes shrimp meal is also chitin rich. I really like the Organic Nutrients Insect Frass. Can mix in soil, top dress, can even foliar or use in tea. At 2-2-2 a good mild fert. too. Also been using Nectar's The Kraken....crab & shrimp meal combo....0-4-0.

Actually you may wish to take a look at the Nectar approach too. A true organic line. I use it in combo with "traditional" organics....soil building & microbes.

Understand...much to learn. Me too. Continuous....a little at a time. Enjoy the ride. :high-five:

Scrumptious herb my friend.
Love small bushes that put out.
Great job as per usual. I think shortly these sunloungers are going in.
The huckleberries were so beautiful.

Sunlounger looks great in pics. Pink flowers. His 1st strain. After Wildberry my interest is rising. ;)

I have great respect for all styles of growing & try to learn a bit on many, but happy to have you join the organic minority. Fine to start simple soil mix & add as you go. Insane to go out & buy dozen or more ingredients right off the bat. Add as you go & as you feel you need.

Yes shrimp meal is also chitin rich. I really like the Organic Nutrients Insect Frass. Can mix in soil, top dress, can even foliar or use in tea. At 2-2-2 a good mild fert. too. Also been using Nectar's The Kraken....crab & shrimp meal combo....0-4-0.

Actually you may wish to take a look at the Nectar approach too. A true organic line. I use it in combo with "traditional" organics....soil building & microbes.

Understand...much to learn. Me too. Continuous....a little at a time. Enjoy the ride. :high-five:

Sunlounger looks great in pics. Pink flowers. His 1st strain. After Wildberry my interest is rising. ;)

Looked into NFTG as well, for indoor growing like BL said....looks like a real legit source, lots of options involved in using it, complete instant power at your finger tips! .

So that cut piece of Aloe.... you squeeze the juice in the foliar mix or do you drop the 2" chunk in the sprayer bottle? Im thinking just a few drop squeezed into the gal sprayer like the Dawn? Ive got an Aloe growing good too. I was thinking of bringing it inside for winter, good idea? It dosent freeze here but comes close to it.
I saw Aloe bushes as big as 2 story houses in Hawaii. No joke. It was something to see. I look at my lil healthy fucker I have in the backyard potted and think.... I wonder If I can get her bigger than a basketball here in Calif?
Thanks Bob Brown. Oils are hard on a plant and all your remedies are oil free. (Except the Neem Meal? But the Neem meal has to be less oily than the Neem oil?)
My tents beautiful today!! a lil defoil and a Recharge today, I hope no bugs. Spray tomorrow regardless.
Great day 420

I get the gel from the aloe and try and mix it in some water... put in a mason jar 1/2 filled with water and shake it up.. you will see the foam form. Just like soap!

Then into the sprayer... don't want to put anything that will get clogged in the sprayer.

Hey there BL - man that Wildberry looks fantastic.. I bought a sack of those seeds back in May. I think you suggested I check them out.

Bought some other goodies too.. Hmmm better go get my sack o seeds out!

Prism
Sour Pineapple
Wildberry
9lb Hammer X Gorilla Biscuit
Forget what the freebees were.

Your plants are stacked..... yummmy!

With ya on the blood meal... I used to use it years ago in our veggie gardens.. then I went on a vegetarian thing and tossed all that into the compost heap. Happily now back to being an amnivore...with a preference to anything that has..... ummmm blood. Oye...

Prefer to use Kelp Meal and guano (mid to late flower on the guano).

My list of soil ingredients is short. We make our own compost. I put a lot of amendments into the compost pile so when we mix up the soil - all those goodies are in there waiting for some plants.

Thx bl.....and it is crazy to buy all at once or been buying like one or two a week as I've been studying....I did however just get these so I have a good simple mix and some amendments
420-magazine-mobile239568105.jpg

ME likey ^^^^ add some granite dust and some aeration like Perl-lite. Redy set grow!

That bloodmeal is a great fast nitro blast.. Back when I know they were worried about that hoof and horn shit and mad cow crap for awhile and I had stopped using them. Was a real thing,, but I seen the last label on my blood meal it was porcupine blood? I know most bone or blood products are cow but I thought of all kinds,,, porcupine? There are lots of other forms of nitrogen. And if your not careful blood meal will burn a plant too. Old dog here is all.
Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom