Brightlight's Strain Fest: Organics & LED

re: Brightlight's Strain Fest - Organics & LED

Hello BL, I went and got some Diatomaceous Earth Flour for bugs to see how effective it is on Russets. Reading on the computer its good for people too?? They say for digestive problems, Arthritis? Its says a tbl spoon a day, what in your coffee? It dosent say how. Im contacting my Rhumey and see what she says. I was wondering what you know about this stuff for people and bugs?? I sprinkled some on the Pergutorys with a paint brush and Im going to go see this morning. The Pergs got a month left at least. Im washing all, Doc Buds recipe. Maybe no baking soda or very little. I figure the D.Earth is good for a ground treatment after I plant outside next year. Maybe sprinkle the dirt in the tent too. I read where you paint the base of the stock with Neem is good too. I like that in theory. My regiment is this for the tent.... an ISO wash once a week and two different essential oils twice a month with an Aza drench monthly. Conradino, what the video suggests will be the next weapon if needed.
The harvest on the MK and the Bananas start very soon. The MK is clear to mostly cloudy and the Bananas are all cloudy with a lil amber going. Im glad I took cuts of both of these. They look really good. From the bought clones and what I took I have way to many for the tent. What was originally was going to be 8 Bubba Kush's is now... 1 MKultra, 1 Banana, 1 Scotts OG, 1 GG4, 1 C.Dog and 3 Bubbas. Im taking cuts of these before flip. There goes having a pound of one strain. Ive got 3 bubbas flowering out outside. The laundry veg area has 7 vegging out. What fun!!
Your day 37 pic of your tent looks wonderful and professional! Have a great weekend BL, 420!

420-magazine-mobile947865382.jpg

Im just learning about training and I want to unhook them so they veg taller, quicker, good idea?? Theyre spread with multiple tops. The ones vegging in the laundry are unhooked and reaching for the light.
The D.Earth is probably not the best in late flower. I sprinkled some a month or so off and the stuff sticks pretty good. I need to dust the tent. The D.Earth is probably best in veg? No worries Im washing. Im guessing the bugs get scraped like crawling through sand paper?
With my lil experience I would choose outdoor over indoor hands down. That is with both in the perfect situation. My outdoor is stoney as shit!!
Reading about the MK Ultra people say no good outside....wrong! Mines outstanding, except for the mites. Im excited to see it inside. Im quite impressed with my Banana OG also. Big buds!!!
I harvested, washed the top buds of the Banana OG yesterday. They were all cloudy. Too early for me but I guess the window has started and why not. Between the mites and possible rippers I figure start now. I scoped them after the wash and a few dead mites but most were gone. If I saw one crawling it was barley. I hope the wash kills the eggs.
4 buckets,
1st.... 2qt H202 to 5 gal water
2nd....1/4 cup b.soda, 1/2 cup lemon juice to 5 gal water
3rd........rinse
4th........rinse
I think it turned out good. I love the smell of the hang in the house!!!!!
Thanks BL, 420 mag!!
20170923_115301.jpg
20170924_124904.jpg

Im just learning about training and I want to unhook them so they veg taller, quicker, good idea?? Theyre spread with multiple tops. The ones vegging in the laundry are unhooked and reaching for the light.
The D.Earth is probably not the best in late flower. I sprinkled some a month or so off and the stuff sticks pretty good. I need to dust the tent. The D.Earth is probably best in veg? No worries Im washing. Im guessing the bugs get scraped like crawling through sand paper?
With my lil experience I would choose outdoor over indoor hands down. That is with both in the perfect situation. My outdoor is stoney as shit!!
Reading about the MK Ultra people say no good outside....wrong! Mines outstanding, except for the mites. Im excited to see it inside. Im quite impressed with my Banana OG also. Big buds!!!
I harvested, washed the top buds of the Banana OG yesterday. They were all cloudy. Too early for me but I guess the window has started and why not. Between the mites and possible rippers I figure start now. I scoped them after the wash and a few dead mites but most were gone. If I saw one crawling it was barley. I hope the wash kills the eggs.
4 buckets,
1st.... 2qt H202 to 5 gal water
2nd....1/4 cup b.soda, 1/2 cup lemon juice to 5 gal water
3rd........rinse
4th........rinse
I think it turned out good. I love the smell of the hang in the house!!!!!
Thanks BL, 420 mag!!
20170923_115301.jpg
20170924_124904.jpg
MK Ultra is a top notch strain.Grew it out three times indoors.....won me potm too.Very tasty and strong.cheers

I usually choose great outdoor over great indoor, but it's a matter of preference. Some people are into bag appeal, so if it doesn't look nice they discard it. Some people are more into smell and taste (terpenes), so they choose better smelling weed even if smell rarely translates into taste. But I understand vapers, cause shitty weed just won't vape fine. And me I like weed that gets me high as a kite with smell/taste being secondary and bag appeal doesn't really mean nothing to me, especially if it's for the price of cutting down on curing. Well cured weed will always look worse even if it actually smokes much better, but how will folks know if they usually buy something that's been dried for a week and cured for another one. You can get as good weed outdoor as indoor or even better if you know what you're doing, have the right soil and climate and work with the right genetics :smokin:

Looks great, so tasty...made me think of the good stuff from the old days. :Namaste:

.Single strain (Chem's Sister)
.Ice/water separation (30 gal, 4 bag set @ 220m,160m,73m & 25m
.Collected & frozen over multiple small batch, multiple rinse runs until the whole batch was processed-via the mini washing machine/5gal/220m payload bag method. About 30 hours of labor in water-separating alone.
.Micro-planed & dried on parchment in cardboard
.Rolled by hand into balls
.Curing in rough cedar boxes @ around 45%RH until the holidays, when whatever I don't smoke . will likely be given as gifts.
.Final yield was just shy of 140g/5oz, from what can only be described as a "metric fuck-ton" of high grade Sister' lowers & trim.

And yeah BL, you hit the nail right on the head- I'm looking to replicate (or at least hat tip) the old classic "cremes" (black) hashish. So far, copious testing . shows I'm on track-tbh I'm elated at how good it is! I've made lots of water hash over the years & this is my best end result so far, I think.

Ok. ☕

420-magazine-mobile1858397044.jpg

Looks great, so tasty...made me think of the good stuff from the old days. :Namaste:

First thing I thought as well... just missing all the little white stuff mixed in... :drool:

We used to get the black hash laced with opium.... ummmm opiated black hash...ummmmmm

This was after it was torn up from the fresh, (pre-dry weight 220g) brick & was near done drying on the parchment in the cardboard box.

420-magazine-mobile974837201.jpg

This is the next step (after the previous photo.) Hash was pressed by hand into initial, final ball form. Much more rolling/pressing/kneading to go .

Ok. ☕

420-magazine-mobile1985273069.jpg

Reminds me of a Temple Ball.................. They used to have one hash, now I know it could've just been a horny teenager's fantasy, but was called Columbian Sweat Hash... Supposedly early morning when the terpenes are high late season a foxy ass lady wood strip down and run down the rows of finishing flowers or primo lumbo. Then come back to the big house in the jungle where you scrape the hash from her skin with a butter knife. Oh well..... I can dream.
BL the Wild Berry are off and running. I'm hanging my head low tho Bro... I killed the Warlock... She never cracked.. Bummer I did real good with that once. The TS I can't call it.. Was my bad to try it here in Portland,,, if I'd have done my homework,,, duh.. I'm going to try my best to get something going with her..

Keepem Green

My first cold water hash process turned out wonderful considering the machine scooted off the counter the first run!(Every Utube vid has the machine on the counter!) It lasts a long time and is stoney stuff. Ive got some that is fine like pollen from a dry ice/fine process and I got a jar of a rough/cold water process that is as killer if not more stoney. What fun and what a hobby! My tents rockin and rollin, Russets in the yard grow but looks like I will salvage something. Im not sure what Im going to do with it. Smoke it, make water hash or butter. If I smoke it I can see eggs everywhere for a long time to come. I had spidermites once and cured it in a week. Same with WPM. These Russets really do suck. I sprinkled the D.Earth all over everything in veg. Im way more knowledgeable about growing dope compared to this time last year. Thanks 420 mag! Great Day.

Grinding along....today at 49 days.
IMG_368511.jpg

Puckin' Genius
This is the Lemon G cut out of Ohio x Bohdi's Genius Thai Extreme. Might be a sativa dream combo. Lemon G was tightly held until recently....Columbian Gold & G13. Bohdi's GTE is Lemon Thai x Apollo 11 (Genius x C99).
IMG_014560.jpg

A-dub x Aliendog
Picked up several of OBsoul's Aliendog crosses to investigate Alien Tech. Started w/ this cross 1st since it has Aliendog on both sides....good way to intro.
IMG_015174.jpg

Dedoverde Haze
You all know I love this strain. My 3rd crack at her. A real trooper that gave me really great herb on earlier tries even though some issues like poor tap water, pH. So this time a sub-goal was to see if I could grow her closer to her full potential. Thinking I may pull it off.
IMG_014670.jpg

Slo' Flo
The 1st of what will be an ongoing CSI Humboldt investigation....I have strong confidence in the quality & authenticity of his cuts that he crosses mostly w/ his Purple Urkle & Mendocino Purple, which are 2 strains I have some familiarity with from my clone days. This one is DJ Short's Flo x PU. Flo is basically Thai. Small round, hard budlets. Not gonna get a whole lot. Oh what a smell. Cut her off food at 41 days same time as Lost Coast OG. Surprised I got a little color growing her in this year's blast furnace summer....just goes to show the color is strong in the genetics.
IMG_012761.jpg

Lost Coast OG
The camera hog. She'll finish up within next 10 days along w/ the Slo' Flo. Gave me a variety of terps. in flower.....always lemon & tropical fruit, incense background. Some sugary caramel at times, even some gym locker funk. Wish they'd all wear this kind of fur coat.
IMG_013863.jpg
IMG_013766.jpg

:circle-of-love: :passitleft: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom