Brand Spankin New ViparSpectra KS5000 Grows Herbies Seeds Collection In LOS

Carbon is like a different language to me talking soil. I see the word but what does it mean. On a quick net search I got a clue maybe. Do you mean coco coir and all the roots I till back in over and over? Yes to them. Can you give me a simple definition of carbon for this application?

Well, now that we see all the goodies in it, if I'm seeing mag def there's something off. Yes?

The soil in the Cherries DubeLee SIP is the tested soil. It grew pretty well with a slight need for mag look on leaves in veg. I gave 3 ml cal/mag 3 times, maybe 4 and she's calmed her need for it now she's in flower so far. That. I don't think this soil has to grow with def's normally.

I'm thinking it did well for growing all the pot it has and just needs a little love. I've been amending it by the book for years, which is a blessing and a curse because I didn't have to learn anything but to add some mag. I'm about to learn something I hope, and finally fix this soil! Thanks for your input!
I'm not sure exactly how you mix your soil but here is how I do it.

I mix used soil with coco 50/50 and all my ammendments, basically Rev's list. I run that thru my worm farm. Thats my EWC Supersoil.

Then I mix that supersoil into a potting mix.

I do that by using equal parts of EWC Supersoil, coco (because a ton of the carbon I added in the ewc process got eaten) perlite( to fluff the coco) and used soil, as its balanced and innoculated with life.

Thats the mix you should be getting tested. Or whatever your final potting mix is.

Your cec section shows borderline minimum magnesium and thats because the CEC is slightly heavy in calcium. When you hear people talk about Cal to Mag ratios, CEC is where those ratios come from. Thats the ratio of cations prepared onto colloids awaiting consumption.

Any blank spots on the platters are filled by hydrogen.

If you could lower your calcium 6 or 7 points and add those points to magnesium you would have perfect basics.

Calcium will drop on its own if you water to runoff, as calcium is very electrical but not very sticky for how heavy it is, which will sway the ratio in magnesiums favor.

Your soil looks very good. If you are adding a calcium like gypsum or calcium carbonate, maybe just lower it by a small amount. That will allow a few more magnesium cations onto the platters (colloids).

Look how high all your minerals are, used soil is still really good stuff, its just missing carbon and organic matter. It has tons of fungii in it too for all that Phosphorus you have. 😊

This is the amend every time @Gee64. I say every time but I understand it differently from time to time.

RECYCLING SOIL RECIPE

The Rev

TLO LOS

FOR 6 TO 7 CU FT RECYCLED MATTER

6 to 7 cu ft used soil

2 to 4 gallons coconut coir rinsed.

4 cups powdered dolomite lime

2 cups prilled, fast acting pelletized fast acting dolomite lime; use additional 2/3 cup powdered dolomite if no prilled

2 cups bloodmeal

1 cup bat/bird guano 9-3-1 npk type

2 cups azomite granular. (2/3 cup if powdered)

6 cups feather meal

6 cups bone meal

3 cups greensand

2/3 cup powdered soft rock phosphate or 2 cups granular phosphate

4 cups natural rice

1 cup humic acid ore

1 1/2 cups gypsum powdered, 4 cups if granular is used

6 heaping cups kelp meal

4 cups alfalfa meal

6 cups crushed oyster shell OR 2 cups ground oyster shell(oyster shell flour)

8 to 16 cups manure composted

These @Herbies Seeds ladies are starting to form a grow! I can see they have forgiven me my soil amending sins and are growing along fine now. I'm very happy for that! It's on!
I'm adjusting ties and adding where needed to maintain a canopy and watering lately. Every 3 days. Here they are chillin under their favorite sun the KS5000 ala @ViparSpectra my fav too!
Lush and lush-us! :cheesygrinsmiley:
And everyone at the party.
Pretty group...booster seat for the shorty front right?
And after 2 days under the Vipar light.
Much bluer! :high-five:
Good day all! Got the test today. I'm not real sure what to do with it but it's a start. I'm finding acres to square feet tables and will figure this out! It actually isn't too far off I think. They used tomatoes for a reference. I think they grow similar to cannabis.
There's a lot to look at! Enjoy.
And folks say my feed charts look complicated... :laugh:

Pretty group...booster seat for the shorty front right?
I've been eyeing for the perfect one!
And folks say my feed charts look complicated... :laugh:
I get dizzy looking at your feed work! Funny stuff this is. It's not complicated right until it is. I've run all this time, perfectly in the beginning, then some epsom at times. This particular grow was wrenched by my addition of Barley and frass in the amend. Something about that was ng for it. Maybe too much went in? I don't know. The tested soil had none of that and won't be such a pita. I hope.

This is the amend every time @Gee64. I say every time but I understand it differently from time to time.

RECYCLING SOIL RECIPE

The Rev

TLO LOS

FOR 6 TO 7 CU FT RECYCLED MATTER

6 to 7 cu ft used soil

2 to 4 gallons coconut coir rinsed.

4 cups powdered dolomite lime

2 cups prilled, fast acting pelletized fast acting dolomite lime; use additional 2/3 cup powdered dolomite if no prilled

2 cups bloodmeal

1 cup bat/bird guano 9-3-1 npk type

2 cups azomite granular. (2/3 cup if powdered)

6 cups feather meal

6 cups bone meal

3 cups greensand

2/3 cup powdered soft rock phosphate or 2 cups granular phosphate

4 cups natural rice

1 cup humic acid ore

1 1/2 cups gypsum powdered, 4 cups if granular is used

6 heaping cups kelp meal

4 cups alfalfa meal

6 cups crushed oyster shell OR 2 cups ground oyster shell(oyster shell flour)

8 to 16 cups manure composted
Ok, I have always used his Master Soil Mix Recipe.

IMG_2664.jpeg

DagNabIt!
I'm almost sure I got covid again. My daughter downstairs has it. Now I feel punky. The plants are absolutely loving this @ViparSpectra KS5000 experience! I'll be back tomorrow with pics. They're about to go to flower in a few days! I'm just slow right now. Stupid covid!
At least I have my weed goggles on!

I've heard that drinking bleach can help🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
DagNabIt!
I'm almost sure I got covid again. My daughter downstairs has it. Now I feel punky. The plants are absolutely loving this @ViparSpectra KS5000 experience! I'll be back tomorrow with pics. They're about to go to flower in a few days! I'm just slow right now. Stupid covid!
At least I have my weed
Dang Stone that sucks😪 Hopefully it doesn't beat you up too bad. Cool Mask👍

Oof. :(
DagNabIt!
At least I have my weed goggles on!
Grab some of last summer's Candida and put it directly in the MB2 and make CBDa caps. Make them the same strength as your regular CBD oil and take them 3 at a time.

Also, they discovered cloth masks are no better than no masks. Prettier yes, but not effective against Covid.
CBG and THC-A are supposed to help keep the virus from entering the cells.
From the articles I saw it was CBDa and CBGa. Here's the info @Virgin Ground posted back in January of last year.

Never saw any mention of THCa for Covid. Not that there aren't other benefits to the acid form of that!

This wasn’t actually tested on people​

First, understand what the researchers found and what they did not find.

According to the published article, this wasn’t a study of the scope you might be assuming. No humans were involved. The potential of CBDA to block the production of Covid-19 cells hasn’t even been tested on lab mice.

The Oregon researchers ran the known properties of CBDA and CBGA through a commonly used computer model. In other words, they matched the cannabinoids up against Covid-19 in a computer simulation.

After those results showed promise, the Oregon team conducted cell infection assays. In other words, they mixed live samples of the Covid-19 virus with CBDA, CBGA, or a neutral control in petri dishes. After 24 hours, the researchers found that the Covid-19 virus had reproduced at a significantly lower rate in the CBDA and CBGA samples.

THCA: Promising too​

Here’s an interesting side note: The Oregon researchers reported that THCA, the raw form of THC, showed similar promise in their computer model. But because THCA is a federally illegal substance, and the scientists must abide by federal research funding rules at their institutions, they couldn’t move forward and test actual THCA in cell assays. THCA may be just as promising as CBDA and CBGA, but we don’t know because of federal marijuana prohibition.

The key word here is promising. Not proven. And even the word promising is a stretch. In scientific terms, the Oregon study is interesting—these findings are meant to spur further research, perhaps using lab mice. We’re miles away from studies that test the effectiveness of these cannabinoids in actual humans.

This wasn’t actually tested on people​

First, understand what the researchers found and what they did not find.

According to the published article, this wasn’t a study of the scope you might be assuming. No humans were involved. The potential of CBDA to block the production of Covid-19 cells hasn’t even been tested on lab mice.

The Oregon researchers ran the known properties of CBDA and CBGA through a commonly used computer model. In other words, they matched the cannabinoids up against Covid-19 in a computer simulation.

After those results showed promise, the Oregon team conducted cell infection assays. In other words, they mixed live samples of the Covid-19 virus with CBDA, CBGA, or a neutral control in petri dishes. After 24 hours, the researchers found that the Covid-19 virus had reproduced at a significantly lower rate in the CBDA and CBGA samples.

THCA: Promising too​

Here’s an interesting side note: The Oregon researchers reported that THCA, the raw form of THC, showed similar promise in their computer model. But because THCA is a federally illegal substance, and the scientists must abide by federal research funding rules at their institutions, they couldn’t move forward and test actual THCA in cell assays. THCA may be just as promising as CBDA and CBGA, but we don’t know because of federal marijuana prohibition.

The key word here is promising. Not proven. And even the word promising is a stretch. In scientific terms, the Oregon study is interesting—these findings are meant to spur further research, perhaps using lab mice. We’re miles away from studies that test the effectiveness of these cannabinoids in actual humans.
Thanks for finding that Azi! I knew they hadn't tested it on humans, but "promising" is just another good reason to add the acid form of our flowers to our consumption list.

Have you added CBGa to yours and have you noticed anything about it?

Thanks for finding that Azi! I knew they hadn't tested it on humans, but "promising" is just another good reason to add the acid form of our flowers to our consumption list.

Have you added CBGa to yours and have you noticed anything about it?
Many of the acidic forms seem to be quite good, at least anecdotally. Dr William Courtney seems to be at least one of the pioneers in this avenue.

I guess they can't test it any further because if the ridiculous canna laws in this country. I did see that the US Senate ok'd a bill this week that will allow testing on canna for veterans, so that's a start.

I make a monthly cold olive oil extract and this month's version is my CBG-A/CBG. (I decarbed half and left half au naturalle), and I put it on my salad at lunch. It's supposed to help with focus and perhaps it does a little.

One thing I have noticed is my face gets flushed about 3 hours later so I'm assuming it helps with blood flow.

I haven't noticed any special relaxation or clarity or any of the other supposed benefits yet.

Back
Top Bottom