Brand Spankin New ViparSpectra KS5000 Grows Herbies Seeds Collection In LOS

Highya SO,

Pretty ladies you have there! They all look vibrant and happy! I have some Grandmommy Purple beans coming. Going to raise a couple next year! Seems like a nite smoke to me! Hope, anyways. Happy Smokin'

HERBIES SEEDS LADIES ARE THRIVING UNDER THE GENTILE PAR OF THE VIPARSPECTRA
KS5000
UPDATE​

HOOHOO, 3rd day from water and still heavy pots. No drink for you until you get more rooted and can handle it! I'm seeing mag being taken now they have more soil and less light. Side branching is starting. Won't be long before they outgrow these pots and get their 10 gal casa's! I don't know, maybe 2 weeks. Here they ere today.
First we have Blueberry Hill

Then a Grandmommy Purple

And then there's the incredible Bruce Banner

And not to be outdone is Mimosa Shot. Mmmmmmmimosa

And the crew getting ready for the dance.

I just want to say we're almost mid January. Days are getting longer and warmer days are coming! Even for you Bill! You got less than one needs last year! We're getting there!
Girls look lovely Stone :thumb:
Growing well, great color.
Just curious where did you get that round screen that's fits perfectly on a 5 gal pale?
Looks like it was made for it?
Hope your having a great day.
Take care. :high-five:

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Why less light?
They were going mag def on pot up and until they got into more fresh soil for more roots I thought less light may help until roots caught up and were able to supply it. Just trying to get them through this period. It may be working. This is a method I saw @Gee explain and thought I'd try it.

I'm finding mag def still and am just mitigating like that. .

Highya SO,

Pretty ladies you have there! They all look vibrant and happy! I have some Grandmommy Purple beans coming. Going to raise a couple next year! Seems like a nite smoke to me! Hope, anyways. Happy Smokin'
Sweet! It does look like a good night time/pain reliever toke! Won't be long!
Girls look lovely Stone :thumb:
Growing well, great color.
Just curious where did you get that round screen that's fits perfectly on a 5 gal pale?
Looks like it was made for it?
Hope your having a great day.
Take care. :high-five:

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Hey Bill thanks! Love that question! It's an antique speaker cover that mounted in the ceiling of mid century Boston subway cars. The cars got scrapped, you know the rest. Happens to be a perfect bucket fit. Hit me with your addy and I'll send you one if you like. A little working history recycle.

Hmmmm Ms O is very much behind you! I don't get the scary part now that the brains have melted. Maybe more folks with oil experience will add. More opinions until the right one comes please!?
You too!
I’ve only infused oil 3 times - I definitely had a better outcome with powered lecithin…

HERBIES SEEDS LADIES ARE THRIVING UNDER THE GENTILE PAR OF THE VIPARSPECTRA
KS5000
UPDATE​

HOOHOO, 3rd day from water and still heavy pots. No drink for you until you get more rooted and can handle it! I'm seeing mag being taken now they have more soil and less light. Side branching is starting. Won't be long before they outgrow these pots and get their 10 gal casa's! I don't know, maybe 2 weeks. Here they ere today.
First we have Blueberry Hill

Then a Grandmommy Purple

And then there's the incredible Bruce Banner

And not to be outdone is Mimosa Shot. Mmmmmmmimosa

And the crew getting ready for the dance.

I just want to say we're almost mid January. Days are getting longer and warmer days are coming! Even for you Bill! You got less than one needs last year! We're getting there!
You’re gonna like the Bruce Banner for sure - I’ve never tried the others, but the BB is easy to grow & a great wake and bake strain.

I’ve only infused oil 3 times - I definitely had a better outcome with powered lecithin…
Here's a more detailed explanation:
The little woman & I have done a fair amount of extracting & baking, plus one round of gummies. For our last batch. we used the liquid lecithin. We made gummies first. The oil separated from the gelatin, but being a die hard stoner, I sucked it up & chewed a couple up. My jaw was tired from chewing one of them, exhausted after the second one.
What we have left is solidified at room temperature. We've made brownies with it that became too difficult to chew after a couple days. Maybe we used too much of the liquid lecithin?

On the other hand, we've made muffins, brownies that had great consistency & great flavor with the powdered lecithin in the mix. The powdered lecithin is all I'm using from now on...

Hey so since I added lecithin and put it back in the fridge it hasn't separated again yet. Maybe it won't.
You’re gonna like the Bruce Banner for sure - I’ve never tried the others, but the BB is easy to grow & a great wake and bake strain.
Sweet! It's a new one to us. I may not have ever tried it.
Here's a more detailed explanation:
The little woman & I have done a fair amount of extracting & baking, plus one round of gummies. For our last batch. we used the liquid lecithin. We made gummies first. The oil separated from the gelatin, but being a die hard stoner, I sucked it up & chewed a couple up. My jaw was tired from chewing one of them, exhausted after the second one.
What we have left is solidified at room temperature. We've made brownies with it that became too difficult to chew after a couple days. Maybe we used too much of the liquid lecithin?

On the other hand, we've made muffins, brownies that had great consistency & great flavor with the powdered lecithin in the mix. The powdered lecithin is all I'm using from now on...
I'll have to give powder a try. Too bad about the too solid mass. There's maybe a different recipe around? I see some tasty looking gummy pics here!

I'll have to give powder a try.
Sue said this:

"They're not interchangeable.

Do not substitute powdered or granular lecithin for liquid.

Lecithin sold as a diet supplement generally comes in two forms. Dry lecithin is fatty acids known as phospholipids. Phospholipids are part of every cell in your body, so getting them in your diet seems critical. Liquid lecithin, or lecithin oil, has additional glycophospholipids that do not dry out into a powder.

A phospholipid has phosphate in its molecule.

A glycophospholipid is any phospholipid that contains both phosphate and carbohydrate as integral structural components."

Understanding that is above my pay grade, but I always use LSL because of it.

Sue said this:

"They're not interchangeable.

Do not substitute powdered or granular lecithin for liquid.

Lecithin sold as a diet supplement generally comes in two forms. Dry lecithin is fatty acids known as phospholipids. Phospholipids are part of every cell in your body, so getting them in your diet seems critical. Liquid lecithin, or lecithin oil, has additional glycophospholipids that do not dry out into a powder.

A phospholipid has phosphate in its molecule.

A glycophospholipid is any phospholipid that contains both phosphate and carbohydrate as integral structural components."

Understanding that is above my pay grade, but I always use LSL because of it.
Thanks for going the extra mile!
PS I didn't have the camera but the SIP plant just woke up! Her leaves are relaxed and making a move! Pic tomorrow!!

The granules dissolve into the water which allows for an oil in water emulsion. The granules I have found (making gummies and huge variety of other edibles from cakes to fine dining 7 course menus) allow the oil to bind straight to the water which helps a lot to keep the oil separating from the gummy, hard candy or whatever you are making in the end.
So in short I use it to make the emulsion stable and not really for any other reason.
Similar to using egg yolks which contain lecithin to make an oil in liquid emulsion known as mayonnaise.
Lecithin is lecithin is lethitin in whatever form.
Using this method as well as a few other chef tricks make the gummies shelf stable for a year with no leaching of oil, especially during drying and packing.
20221109_104849.jpg

Sweet! It does look like a good night time/pain reliever toke! Won't be long!

Hey Bill thanks! Love that question! It's an antique speaker cover that mounted in the ceiling of mid century Boston subway cars. The cars got scrapped, you know the rest. Happens to be a perfect bucket fit. Hit me with your addy and I'll send you one if you like. A little working history recycle.
Cool, I love when people repurpose things. We live in such a disposable society I think I was born about 100 years too late. No one has the pride in workmanship anymore. It’s really a shame. CL🍀

The granules dissolve into the water which allows for an oil in water emulsion. The granules I have found (making gummies and huge variety of other edibles from cakes to fine dining 7 course menus) allow the oil to bind straight to the water which helps a lot to keep the oil separating from the gummy, hard candy or whatever you are making in the end.
So in short I use it to make the emulsion stable and not really for any other reason.
Similar to using egg yolks which contain lecithin to make an oil in liquid emulsion known as mayonnaise.
Lecithin is lecithin is lethitin in whatever form.
Using this method as well as a few other chef tricks make the gummies shelf stable for a year with no leaching of oil, especially during drying and packing.
20221109_104849.jpg
You have a cool look to yours LeRugged! Nice packaging, and 40 mg! Heavy hitters! Do folks take one as a dose as normal? Imake caps and don't know what the dose is.

Interesting you're using powdered lecithin and Sue was negative to it. I wonder what the differences Shed mentioned make if any? That's above my paygrade too I figure. Good to hear!
Cool, I love when people repurpose things. We live in such a disposable society I think I was born about 100 years too late. No one has the pride in workmanship anymore. It’s really a shame. CL🍀
Being retired my imaginary dream job second to ocean treasure hunter is working at the transfer station! I have a soft spot for usable things! They really should be kept in service until they're broken or my wife tells me it's time ;)

BTW since I added some lecithin to my cbd oil it hasn't "brained up" like it did before in the fridge.

You have a cool look to yours LeRugged! Nice packaging, and 40 mg! Heavy hitters! Do folks take one as a dose as normal? Imake caps and don't know what the dose is.

Interesting you're using powdered lecithin and Sue was negative to it. I wonder what the differences Shed mentioned make if any? That's above my paygrade too I figure. Good to hear!

Being retired my imaginary dream job second to ocean treasure hunter is working at the transfer station! I have a soft spot for usable things! They really should be kept in service until they're broken or my wife tells me it's time ;)

BTW since I added some lecithin to my cbd oil it hasn't "brained up" like it did before in the fridge.
Exactly right SO things are just throwed out instead of repurposed. Funny you said Ocean Treasure Hunter, I was going to buy a metal detector and go by 100 yr old closed factories. CL🍀

As far as I remember Sue was about organic and majority of granules are soy. I get organic sunflower. Could also be that it's more difficult to work with the granules than the liquid.
Other than that I don't see any difference between lechitins.
Lechitin are phosolipids.
I might be completely wrong but my experience is granuels work just fine for me.
Most take it for fun times. Everyday guys get lower doses or smaller gummies.
Sending sunshine

Back
Top Bottom