Brand Spankin New ViparSpectra KS5000 Grows Herbies Seeds Collection In LOS

Organically grown bagseed!! Hit me harder than any other strain I’ve ever smoked.. I had to check my heartbeat and remind myself I smoked 🤣 only thing close was one time in high school which may just be nostalgia and lack of experience effecting that memory lol
Y'all need stop smoking so much. Lmao.

Think you had a great seed my friend. Nothing more, nothing less..

It definitely came from reputable stock.. MIL purchased quality genetics from a local seed bank. There was a wild male growing 2 yards over (wasn’t really wild.. butthead neighbor threw seeds in the ground and just let it grow, turned into a male and he didn’t bother chopping it), and she also had some stress issues which lead to a herm. So we’re not clear if it’s pollination or hermie. I figured I’d give it a shot anyway while I got my grow all dialed in before spending my own money while I make mistakes, and it did not disappoint at all.

The only regret was I didn’t take a clone.. the plant grew amazingly especially for all the mistakes I made but I maintained fully Organic procedures the entire time so it rewarded me with 96 grams in a 3 gallon pot my first time under LEDs and non synthetic.

I had amazing help though from @StoneOtter @Melville Hobbes and @Gee64 without them I likely would’ve panicked

For me, I’d like to have a fully organic liquid system specifically designed for use in water based systems.

My two cents.

I think this depends on what your definition of organic is. You could grow “organically” in a water based system right now technically. However if you’re referring to using the soil food web to garden, then I don’t think it’s possible to remove the soil from that system. It’s basically the foundation of the entire web. It provides a home and employment for the members of the soil food web.

I believe if we got to the point of knowledge where we could replace the soil and maintain a healthy food web, we would be far beyond any sort of synthetic or organic argument, and it would just be growing.

That’s how I see it but would love to hear what your thoughts are

You and I have talked about this a few times now.. Your reality and mine are not the same even if we live 50 miles apart (never mind living across a continent sized nation).. it’s very easy to think everyone should do things the way you do yourself when you put your perception on to others. I used to feel much closer to @Jon on this subject which ironically was also when I didn’t believe in mental health. Once I personally experienced a mental breakdown I realized there’s no way I could even come close to understanding what every other human has been through and got them to their current state of mind. It’s easy to think everyone else is just lazy or cheap, it makes the world make sense.

This is also why diversity is so important and makes us stronger. The same as our plantcestors.
That why it important to keep cool if possible. I never know what kind of a hell a person's been through before said person got me in their sight. Keeping in mind we're all capable of the worst behavior and best. It's genetic and good to be all that!
Y'all need stop smoking so much. Lmao.
Na eh!

That why it important to keep cool if possible. I never know what kind of a hell a person's been through before said person got me in their sight. Keeping in mind we're all capable of the worst behavior and best. It's genetic and good to be all that!

Sage advice right there! I’m still working on not letting my emotions dictate my reactions and I’ve gotten better but it’s a lifelong process. Having folks like you to remind us from time to time is especially helpful. Know that I appreciate your level headedness, it’s something to aspire to!

Humans been taught to act speak move and all from day one. What we been taught and told was so wrong. Human is not being different. Or to change. or anything but live your life that makes you happy. If u got to watch every word or sentence or paragraph you ever write speak or say. What kinda world is that.. one we have today. Which was wrong.. no rule book on life. It's just living. Quote from me

You and I have talked about this a few times now.. Your reality and mine are not the same even if we live 50 miles apart (never mind living across a continent sized nation).. it’s very easy to think everyone should do things the way you do yourself when you put your perception on to others. I used to feel much closer to @Jon on this subject which ironically was also when I didn’t believe in mental health. Once I personally experienced a mental breakdown I realized there’s no way I could even come close to understanding what every other human has been through and got them to their current state of mind. It’s easy to think everyone else is just lazy or cheap, it makes the world make sense.

This is also why diversity is so important and makes us stronger. The same as our plantcestors.
Lol. Both of you guys are better humans than me. To me, certain behaviors and making the choice to hold certain beliefs and to act on them at the expense of others is not a function of growing up differently or where we live or mental health or one’s personal experiences - it’s a choice to hold evil in one’s heart. And I will decry that choice til the day I die.

The great thing is how different life is here! People of honor! Honest people! People who respect others!

The day two years ago I dumped all social media was the best thing I ever did for my mental health. Now if I could only figure out how to not watch the news….

:rofl:

I think this depends on what your definition of organic is. You could grow “organically” in a water based system right now technically. However if you’re referring to using the soil food web to garden, then I don’t think it’s possible to remove the soil from that system. It’s basically the foundation of the entire web. It provides a home and employment for the members of the soil food web.

I believe if we got to the point of knowledge where we could replace the soil and maintain a healthy food web, we would be far beyond any sort of synthetic or organic argument, and it would just be growing.

That’s how I see it but would love to hear what your thoughts are
Well, hesitantly I am forced to agree that the science is not in line with my desires. Because yes, I want it all. Lol. It is 2023 now. These scientists need to get on the stick!

I am aware I could do it now as you describe. Meh. But I agree with you - whatever you would call it if I had my perfect world, it would just be growing. Not 1/2 growing, 1/2 problem solving like now. Heh.

Lol. Both of you guys are better humans than me. To me, certain behaviors and making the choice to hold certain beliefs and to act on them at the expense of others is not a function of growing up differently or where we live or mental health or one’s personal experiences - it’s a choice to hold evil in one’s heart. And I will decry that choice til the day I die.

The great thing is how different life is here! People of honor! Honest people! People who respect others!

The day two years ago I dumped all social media was the best thing I ever did for my mental health. Now if I could only figure out how to not watch the news….

:rofl:

I totally get that, and to be honest we need mentalities like yours. Whether we like it or not, some humans are just going to do bad, and we can’t always turn the other cheek lest we are willing to forgo our families safety and well-being. Yet again another reason why diversity is so important. Diversity of thought and population is a must for a (relatively) safe and quality life.

I too gave up social media.. It was toxic. I literally couldn’t stop myself from getting worked up and fighting constantly. It was so terrible for my mental health.

The news lol.. I try so hard to just look at science and nature news but so often before I know it I’m reading about 8 failed votes that I don’t even really care about 😂

Well, hesitantly I am forced to agree that the science is not in line with my desires. Because yes, I want it all. Lol. It is 2023 now. These scientists need to get on the stick!

I am aware I could do it now as you describe. Meh. But I agree with you - whatever you would call it if I had my perfect world, it would just be growing. Not 1/2 growing, 1/2 problem solving like now. Heh.

Scientists lol.. such odd priorities they have some times. We put a robot on Mars, we’ve dug for and reconstructed dinosaurs, scoured the ocean floor, yet the dirt beneath our feet is still mostly a mystery. Maybe one day we’ll put that Mars energy into our soil research.

I totally get that, and to be honest we need mentalities like yours. Whether we like it or not, some humans are just going to do bad, and we can’t always turn the other cheek lest we are willing to forgo our families safety and well-being. Yet again another reason why diversity is so important. Diversity of thought and population is a must for a (relatively) safe and quality life.

I too gave up social media.. It was toxic. I literally couldn’t stop myself from getting worked up and fighting constantly. It was so terrible for my mental health.

The news lol.. I try so hard to just look at science and nature news but so often before I know it I’m reading about 8 failed votes that I don’t even really care about 😂

Scientists lol.. such odd priorities they have some times. We put a robot on Mars, we’ve dug for and reconstructed dinosaurs, scoured the ocean floor, yet the dirt beneath our feet is still mostly a mystery. Maybe one day we’ll put that Mars energy into our soil research.
Interesting. Well, we’re not alone. There are folks here, really educated and experienced growers, who I have had some cool conversations with about this. @Emilya Green and @Bill284 come to mind among others. Even those I call Sensei seem to generally agree - we don’t know crap about this plant (even as much as we know!) and there are worlds of knowledge left to be learned about it. I personally am of the mind that there’s even a couple “really big, change the way people grow” discoveries still to be had in our lifetime.

Interesting. Well, we’re not alone. There are folks here, really educated and experienced growers, who I have had some cool conversations with about this. @Emilya Green and @Bill284 come to mind among others. Even those I call Sensei seem to generally agree - we don’t know crap about this plant (even as much as we know!) and there are worlds of knowledge left to be learned about it. I personally am of the mind that there’s even a couple “really big, change the way people grow” discoveries still to be had in our lifetime.
Very well put

They say we know more about Mars than we do our own ocean floors. I would say we know more about our ocean floors and flora than we do about marijuana. Heh.

They say we know more about Mars than we do our own ocean floors. I would say we know more about our ocean floors and flora than we do about marijuana. Heh.
As a whole , humans. Lmao. We ain't smart for sure.. took 2000 years from horse and cart to automobile.

As a whole , humans. Lmao. We ain't smart for sure.. took 2000 years from horse and cart to automobile.
Heh. I hear that. On the other hand, we went from horse and buggy to landing a Rover on Mars and watching its feed at NASA in real time in about 170 years. It would have taken a bunch of chimpanzees a lot longer. :rofl:

Heh. I hear that. On the other hand, we went from horse and buggy to landing a Rover on Mars and watching its feed at NASA in real time in about 170 years. It would have taken a bunch of chimpanzees a lot longer. :rofl:
Sadly true. But we had technology since 1960s really got advanced in the 90s we just don't heard about it. We hear rumors of things. Most are true. When I found out. First words were . Why they don't tell everyone. They said cause we're stupid dangerous and unpredictable

SATURDAY WARMUP UPDATE

Happy Saturday all! I took a look at these little ones and for the time spent in their new homes they aren't making fast growth. Add some magnesium def happening I looked at what may be happening. Well in winter my grow area needs some heat at times. When it hits below 64F they aren't all able to eat mag. so I put seedling heat mats back under them. That ought to do it!
They're all cozy together under the @ViparSpectra KS5000 that I backed off a little until I see some positive growth again.
I had a chance to take a pic of the hanging system I use. I'm not fancy. I use what I have around and this time I had auto hose clamps and tie wraps. For the person asking that I'm at a loss as to who that was, sorry, I remembered though!

Have a nice day!

When it hits below 64F they aren't all able to eat mag.
Well that’s interesting. I was not aware of that and my tent is often down to 62-63 degrees at night during the winter. And I frequently seem to have mag issues and feeding CalMag+.:nerd-with-glasses:

Back
Top Bottom