Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

ok .. parts list is compiled. i can have this baby built ready to go in 2 days. :bongrip:
got some bits i wanna use up lying about all lazy already.

needs a bit of judicious shopping .. but it's all available now (ish) local. on lockdown.
credit card is gonna play a supporting role. thank god it's a diy cheapie style ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

hows a 4 : 1 -- hp/sunshine etc to perlite mix sound to everyone for an outdoor planter ? prolly some peat tossed in 5% - 10% ish ? i'm in the weeds here ... :(

do a quick jungle room update before i go

jungle patrol is reporting all is happy

pops is a bit worried we did not veg as long and flipped smaller plants.

he's got a point, but we are doing a super managed grow, far more than i normally approach. have to see what it nets us, and what is worth the trouble. we also had some issues as usual along the way. plus the ride is just beginning.

in the tiny production file .. shampoo hempy cup is defiant of the label ..

:p :love: :p

it's pops favorite plant. we're gonna elevate it a bit so it doesn't have to compete so hard. left it to work through the first 10 days or so of 12 /12 against the odds.

stunty made the turn and is also on team tiny

aaawweee adorable.
doesn't look as stunty in close up. :laughtwo:

i'm calling everyone officially hungry as well. i'm actually just past the knock at 5.5g MC / gal. bumping to just under the 6.0 next feed, then rolling a tad over on the one after that. i went in light on purpose. i'm guessing i pushed too hard on the last run, and decided to hit more starting about now.

official numbers :

current 9.5g MC / 6.5 gal RO
next 10.0g MC / 6.5 gal RO
then 10.5g MC / 6.5 gal RO

gonna plateau at the 10.5g and watch. everyone fed every 2 days except shampoo cuppie who gets fed daily.

the light is flying at 24" above the canopy and running 75%. we rolled back from 90% after protest from the girls. looking to ramp the light wee bit as they fill in and eat.

the tangie continues to be the one to push even as a clone. soon as i opened the door to the jungle room, i looked at it and said, hungry .. they'll all be hungry .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

even with the variegation i knew it was not thrilled with me. i'm about a feed or two behind in upping the amount.

i rolled the light back from 12 / 12 to 11 / 13 as well. they popped a bit earlier than i figgered. usually don't see the start of flower for a few more days. they really run with the 11 / 13 though. jungle patrol has the ppfd to do it. :)

northern lights cbd clone taking the corner

note the darker vein color on the leaves. should be filled in a bit more. she's asking for a bit more.
there's is a hint of the edge tipping i often chat about in relation to a minor def in mc as well. we're on it. :p

here's the summer class of 2020

let's see what happens by fall grad ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

well first snag was the containers ..

picked up 8 big storage bins for 4 container garden set ups. about 3 x 2 ft 18 inches deep. suckers would not fit in the dumb car ... took an hour to wrestle them in. had to drop half at my place for now.

now the issue is media. gonna take a fair bit to fill. not sure if i have it all to spend. was leaning to promix hp. there is a potting version which is about half the price. of course the issue is it has time release nutes ... not sure if i can get away with that under the circumstances.

planters are gonna have a variety of plants, so if i hit an issue, i may not be able to correct for all. on the other hand it is outdoor, and will be subject to all sorts of stuff - - maybe i should just lighten up and go with the cheaper stuff. it is essentially what we been doing the houseplants on with the addition of runoff water.

official numbers :

current 9.5g MC / 6.5 gal RO
next 10.0g MC / 6.5 gal RO
then 10.5g MC / 6.5 gal RO

Am I reading this right? 9.5g MC in 6.5gal RO would only be 1.46g/gal? :hmmmm:

Can you get the all-purpose ProMix??
It has added humus. It will hold onto water a little bit better for outdoor applications. I add a bit of extra perlite.

Can you get the all-purpose ProMix??
It has added humus. It will hold onto water a little bit better for outdoor applications. I add a bit of extra perlite.

i thinks that's where we are heading ....

the local growin guru suggested making a franken mix of mostly the cheap version, then amending the top with straight hp, and not worrying about it. says to pull a bit off the top next season, then add more and continue to run it as is.

says to just keep feeding the run off and go hard. won't be perfect for everything, but should be good.

edit: should add he suggested not growing cannabis in the mix for the first season. said it would be more stable after, as the weird timed stuff would have mostly let go.

i thinks that's where we are heading ....

the local growin guru suggested making a franken mix of mostly the cheap version, then amending the top with straight hp, and not worrying about it. says to pull a bit off the top next season, then add more and continue to run it as is.

says to just keep feeding the run off and go hard. won't be perfect for everything, but should be good.

edit: should add he suggested not growing cannabis in the mix for the first season. said it would be more stable after, as the weird timed stuff would have mostly let go.
I picked up some of the AP and mixed it with compost and manure for my toms and cukes. I'm excited to see how well they do with the MC this year.
There is always Faux-mix. It may be a tad bit cheaper but not as convenient.

I picked up some of the AP and mixed it with compost and manure for my toms and cukes. I'm excited to see how well they do with the MC this year.
There is always Faux-mix. It may be a tad bit cheaper but not as convenient.

i have a lot to fill. likely buying some topsoil and using that on top. probably go with the promix potting mix on the bottom. it's half the price of the hp and a third larger bag. at 45 bucks a bag i'm not sure i wanna use the hp as a top dress. have perlite and vermiculite. have a little peat.

gotta try make this happen on the cheap. gonna be over $500 in easy even on the cheap. the containers were $250 on their own.

prolly add a little layer of rock in the top bucket as well

If you haven’t read Al Tapla re container gardening...

What I will write also hits pretty hard against the futility in using a drainage layer of coarse materials in attempt to improve drainage. It just doesn't work. All it does is reduce the total volume of soil available for root colonization.

If you haven’t read Al Tapla re container gardening...

What I will write also hits pretty hard against the futility in using a drainage layer of coarse materials in attempt to improve drainage. It just doesn't work. All it does is reduce the total volume of soil available for root colonization.

not doing a drainage layer. got advice against it local. it's a two-way system, feed from above and below.

edit: gotta build this today -- that article will take forever lol

managed to get some soil. what a nightmare. there is nothing out there. picked 6 80L bags of promix container mix and 3 bales of hp promix. plan is to mix the container mix with some topsoil, perlite, peat, that will make up the bottom, then top dress with the hp and maybe a little more topsoil.

anything gardening is permanently sold out, loads of folk are growing veggies this year, as they are stuck at home, and now worried about food security.

there were no bedding plants other than ornamental, no produce starts at all, and forget buying seeds, they were all sold out over a month ago. lined up for a couple eternities to get in to a few garden centers and wound up just grabbing what i could get. heard the garden places are all trying to get more in by next wkend, but it's not an option for me with work.

jungle gals are going better, responded well to the feed bump. pics in a few days if i can get there. way too busy this wkend.

Anything happening in here....?

no.

well, yes lol... :p
i just been so busy i can't get in. been at work or passed out exhausted. mostly the former. been putting out fires at the shop.

getting the container garden together for mom this wkeend. will toss some pics.

have a disaster at the jungle room i'm trying to amend. dad let the plants starve, not too bad but i'm pissed. he's been off lately and i'm worried. will toss some jungle pics when i get a chance. have made a few decisions about the next couple grows as well. we're gonna need a bloom booster at the minimum.

it's not pops fault entirely, it's just real tight edge. he made the call to feed daily on his own, so i'm kinda proud too lol .. i been careful not to be too hard on him, i'm worried for him right now.. :(

also trying to update and fix a 40 yr old air conditioning system. brand new system would require ripping out the furnaces, a really big job in this application. we have two back up furnaces for parts or swap if needed, and no cash for a new system. i wanna get that done as mom won't live through the heat this summer. maybe even a pic or two of that as well .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom