BLS’s Grow Laboratory

They look good, Western Dude!!! :ciao:
Thanks GJ!!!

a bit of an update.

I found roots on the Blu
EA8B8AF8-836B-4F8A-8A70-195138B899E6.jpeg

just covered them back up, sprayed them all for a watering, with the spray bottle. Should hopefully see some roots out the bottom in a week or so

Thats a chunky stalk there.
It is indeed! Both the tops from the mother plants are really stalky. :cheesygrinsmiley: (See what I did there)

Upon further investigation this morning, I see roots out the side of the peat puck on the Blu Cheeze mango. I will hold off a bit to transplant to see if the others catch up.

It ain't chunky that stalk is CHONKY and with it being a cheese backlip is going to be just cooked
Hahaha hell! I’m usually cooked anyways! :cheesygrinsmiley::lot-o-toke::high-five:

For those that needed to look that word up, let me help you!

Heterosis- the increase in growth, size, fecundity, function, yield, or other characters in hybrids over those of the parents.

That’s a great word @Patient Puffer thanks man!

I hope it’s a female! Time will tell :high-five:
I'm glad you cleared that up.
I thought it was a plant STD.
What's feckundidity mean then?????

Sorry, i was waking up still and someone forgot to roll the subtitles for the gobbley-guck i spew. Hahaha.
You’re Gobbley-guck you spew, is always welcome here!
I'm glad you cleared that up.
I thought it was a plant STD.
What's feckundidity mean then?????
haha I’m not going to lie, I had to go look that one up! :laughtwo:

Good morning. Welcome to Patient's word of the day. Today's episode is brought to you by the word "turgid".

A flashback to high school physiology class may bring memories of the cell's anatomy. A plant cell has a huge vacuole compared to animal cells. We see our plants lose their "turgor pressure" as we take them through their dry cycle. This vacuole is pressured up with water to keep our plants up right and the cell walls rigid or turgid.

Screenshot_2021-02-17-05-33-44-1.png

Good morning. Welcome to Patient's word of the day. Today's episode is brought to you by the word "turgid".

A flashback to high school physiology class may bring memories of the cell's anatomy. A plant cell has a huge vacuole compared to animal cells. We see our plants lose their "turgor pressure" as we take them through their dry cycle. This vacuole is pressured up with water to keep our plants up right and the cell walls rigid or turgid.

I know there is a joke about a little blue pill in there somewhere. Just can't think of it at the moment.

Patient's word of the day.
You do realize that, this is a thing now, right?
:popcorn:

I love it.

I rolled my ankle at work today, now it’s bruised and turgid.

I didn’t actually roll my ankle, I just wanted to use the word of the day into a sentence :cheesygrinsmiley:

I rocked it at work today! :cheesygrinsmiley:
none of this “roll my ankle” bull crap! :laughtwo:

I know there is a joke about a little blue pill in there somewhere. Just can't think of it at the moment.
:laugh::rofl:

I love how y'all don't let me get to far from the gutter. ROFL!

I think turgor pressure makes my shorts tight.
Don’t you fib us! You’re meticulously staying just far enough out of the gutter till someone else brings it up, then you pounce like a leopard!
i’m on to you! :smokin:;)

Who are you calling a vacuole!!!! :ciao:
Hahaha I see what you did there! :cheer:

Well they were all fed last night.

You know when you walk away from the living room, for one minute, then come back to find you’re kid colouring all over the chesterfield?

well that’s kind of how I felt what happened with the Blu Cheez clone.

I checked on the clones when I got home from work yesterday, and was shocked to see..

Hella roots!!

Nothing from the other clones (yet). I even checked today after work and they’re close but no cigar yet.... but they’re still standing, so that’s a good sign.

So what I did is got the smallest pot I have and filled it up about 3/4 of the way then burrowed a crater in the middle.

Then I would stick the clone/peat puck in the crater.

^then I kinda (gently) screwdriver the bitch in there. :laughtwo:

^Then I Top fill with more medium on top, and give it a really good spray with the spray bottle, and stick the pot in a small tray with water, just to saturate the soil a bit, to tie her over till she gets fed with the BLT technique.

Onto the big tent, I pulled them all out and got some photos, and tied the branches down a lil tighter.

They all got fed about 20ml of each bottle of remo nutrients in two gallons of water.

^Red Dragon’s branches were getting longer, but I left it for a few more days, for them to be tied down.

^I’m afraid to say it @Patient Puffer but this might just be a male!!

I’ll give it a few more days...

If it weren’t for are days getting longer, I’d just stick it in the bay window and collect it’s pollen... but I can’t do that... it’ll get too big by next fall! Lol we will see!

Have a great week everyone! Thanks for tuning in!!

I can ride a peddle bike with no hands

Good morning. Today we are going to start to learn the anatomy of cannabis. As I have spent time at grow sites and read books concerning our beloved plant, I have realized some of the terms I use and see used are actually incorrect.

Does it make us wrong? Absolutely not, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

We are going to take a look at what we mistakenly refer to as a calyx.

Here is a diagram provided by Mel Frank...

Screenshot_2021-02-18-07-01-09_1.jpg

Here we can see what we usually refer to as a "calyx" is actually a "bract". (wha?)

For some reason, having your buddy say "Look at those swollen bracts" does not seem to have the same impact as saying swollen calyxs. Why? I haven't a clue.

Indeed we can see that what we see in our buds, that we call a calyx is actually a bract.

Bract & Calyx

The bract encapsulates the reproductive sections of the female flower. Underneath the tiny leaves of the cola, called ‘sugar leaves,’ a keen observer will find the tear-shaped nodules which form the bract. They come in various shapes, colors, and sizes. Bracts contain high concentrations of trichomes: glands which secrete cannabinoids such as THC. Though often confused with bracts, the calyx is a translucent layer at the flower’s base and is not visible to the naked eye.

"translucent layer"? That is making me think of the "perianth" (spelling?)

Well as we can see there is a ton of terminology used to distinguish and identify seperate parts of our plants. We may not refer to them by their correct names, but we all know what we are talking about.

I doubt we can swing this post back to the gutter, but I am along for the ride where ever it goes. :)

Bract...not your mother's calyx. ;)

Back
Top Bottom