BLS’s Grow Laboratory

Aww that’s so cute! I bet they love the quality time spent together. My oldest is a bull in a China shop. There is no chill with her. It’s go, go, go for her. Like I said up above she stayed for a few minutes and then saw something shiny and buggered off lmao

hey, I see you added my journal into you’re sig. thanks bro!!!:adore:

Thanks trala!! Means a lot!! :battingeyelashes:

I absolutely love growing from seed. Way different experience rather then growing from clone.
I more or less just wanted to spotlight how easy it is to clone, and a person could ossibly never buy seeds again, but growing the same strain over and over again can get boring.

Very well put!!

I was against getting my daughter involved in my gardening. To me, it felt unacceptable to let a child near a marijuana plant. Well, it still is, but I never let her touch them, and I just started letting her near me when I’m gardening. She never actually “helps” me but more or less just keeps me company, then sees something shiny and buggers off lol

Thanks bill! You’re youngest is as old as I am. I’ll be 31 in august.

I love including my daughter, to a certain point that is. She loves her daddy and wants to go everywhere with me, and as of late, she wants to “help” with anything and everything she can!!!
Hey no problem for adding man, has been one of the best cloning write up I have come across.

My kids are still kinda like that but more so with video games and phones, ages range from 13- 10 so depends on the day.
I remember those days fondly. My daughter learned to dive my backhoe on my motocross track when she was young 11 or 12 i think . A memory ill have forever. By the time I decided to take up gardening kids were long gone.
P.S. shinny shit gets me too .hehe guess we never grew out of that.
I got pictures of my kids when they were about 3 in crane cabs and big bed trucks when I used to work on them in the oil field, they used to love going for rides in them trucks specially the sows ( nick name for commanders). I would bring them with me at night when I got called out. :thumb:
Aww that’s so cute! I bet they love the quality time spent together. My oldest is a bull in a China shop. There is no chill with her. It’s go, go, go for her. Like I said up above she stayed for a few minutes and then saw something shiny and buggered off lmao

I absolutely love growing from seed. Way different experience rather then growing from clone.
I more or less just wanted to spotlight how easy it is to clone, and a person could ossibly never buy seeds again, but growing the same strain over and over again can get boring.

Very well put!!

I was against getting my daughter involved in my gardening. To me, it felt unacceptable to let a child near a marijuana plant. Well, it still is, but I never let her touch them, and I just started letting her near me when I’m gardening. She never actually “helps” me but more or less just keeps me company, then sees something shiny and buggers off lol

I love including my daughter, to a certain point that is. She loves her daddy and wants to go everywhere with me, and as of late, she wants to “help” with anything and everything she can!!!
Dam I figured you were older then I am, I am 35 and feel like 65 someday lol

Hey no problem for adding man, has been one of the best cloning write up I have come across.

My kids are still kinda like that but more so with video games and phones, ages range from 13- 10 so depends on the day.

I got pictures of my kids when they were about 3 in crane cabs and big bed trucks when I used to work on them in the oil field, they used to love going for rides in them trucks specially the sows ( nick name for commanders). I would bring them with me at night when I got called out. :thumb:

I worked my self to death running a business for 30 years. Truthfully I would rather have spent every minute with my kids. It may be a cliche but give them a hug and just listen to them thats all they want ur time. That's what I'll never get back time my biggest regret. Sorry too deep there for a minute.

I worked my self to death running a business for 30 years. Truthfully I would rather have spent every minute with my kids. It may be a cliche but give them a hug and just listen to them thats all they want ur time. That's what I'll never get back time my biggest regret. Sorry too deep there for a minute.
Haha it always happens man, but ya I missed alot of time,

OMG - Am I a pedophile ??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? :rofl: :ciao: :rofl:
I looked at this for 5 minutes now... I just don’t know what at to that! :rofl:
Lol I’ve got a while before those things start corrupting their brains! Lol jk
I used to play video games... when it was raining, other then that, I was outside skateboarding or doing something outside.

My brain feels 31, but my bones and muscles feel like I’m 52 lol
This journal is moving fast already!!!!!
It’s just moving fast cause you haven’t been here in a while! ;)

I used to work every Saturday, as soon as my first was born. I stopped working weekends. I wanted to be in my kids life as they grew up, because I don’t get this time back. When they grow up to be teenagers and hate me, that’s when I’ll work weekends again and out of town jobs.

I chose to drive an hour sometimes hour and a half just one way to work so I can be home every night with my wife and kids.

It’s never too late!! Take the time while you’re young(er):high-five:
Live and enjoy it! Have another kid!!
Haha I couldn’t say that with a straight face

I used to play video games... when it was raining, other then that, I was outside skateboarding or doing something outside.

I used to work every Saturday, as soon as my first was born. I stopped working weekends. I wanted to be in my kids life as they grew up, because I don’t get this time back. When they grow up to be teenagers and hate me, that’s when I’ll work weekends again and out of town jobs.

I chose to drive an hour sometimes hour and a half just one way to work so I can be home every night with my wife and kids.

Here’s an update, I’ve got a wack load of pictures to post.

I finished topping all the plants, and I cloned the other two plants. Following the same method.

I was able to give them all a feeding as well. They got about 16 ml of each bottles for veg dose of Remo nutrients.

Here is a link to any questions /answers for someone that might have about Remo nutrients.

I tied all the branches down, and explained how I did with #’s of internodes... you’ll see,

here’s the pictures.

^thats the Red dragon, before topping, and after topping. The branches haven’t come in yet up top, so I could properly tie anything down... I’ll get to that next time.

^next up is the SBG (strawberry banana grape) before topping.

^SBG after topping.

^Theres the top of the SBG... I cleaned her up real good, just to show you guys, you don’t need much left on the cutting for it to live. Actually, you want less surface area to photosynthesis, and that’s the exact reason why you cut the leafs. You cut the leafs of a cutting so there is less surface area to photosynthesis. I fogot and left out, why it was done in the tutorial. I’ll get back to that cutting later though.

^That is what the plant will look like after it’s tied down.

Some grow with a mainline, some grow with a quadline, I like to grow with a “Hexline”.

Hexline, meaning 6 main branches. I don’t think topping a plant more then once is necessary, a person can do it, but it’s not necessary. What I do, I top above the 5th internode, and remove the bottom two internodes. Leaving three in tact. The bottom two internodes don’t really mount to much anyways, a person could clone anything they cut off a plant, as long as it’s 2 or three internodes long, but In more cases then not, I just throw them out, but not always.

In the picture above, I have #1 twice, #2 twice, and #3 twice. The #1, is showing you where the lowest internode is (Internode #1). The #2 is showing you where the second internode is (middle or second internode). The #3 is pretty self explanatory, but I will explain anyways. It’s the top internode (or the third internode). What I do is, I pulled internode #1, to open space between two and three. I pull internode #2 straight out. Then I pull internode #3 in the gap between one and two. I do this because internode three and one, grow in the same direction. So I pull them to the open area, and fill in that dead space. Then the secondary and third branches that come in off those three internodes, will fill in the middle of the plant. Following along so far?

Now that internode #1 doesn’t always make it to the top of the canopy come stretching into flower... that’s fine, some times they do, sometimes they don’t. If they don’t, I just remove them from when I lollipop no earlier then day 21 of flower. Not from flip (12/12) but from day 21 of flower.

I also like to give a “pre-flower” lollipop as well. It makes the actual lollipoping not as daunting. It also manipulates the plant to focus transitioning into flower on the areas you want it to.

^next up was just some photos I was messing around with. I love this 2’X4’ led light. It makes for some awesome photos.

^Next up, I tied the Blu Cheez mango down in the exact same manner.

^theres the Blue Power before topping.

^ Small cutting from the blue powers bottom internode, that I was removing anyways. See, sometimes you can clone them, most times they go in the garbage. In this instance, I was able to clone the cutting.

^Blue power after topping.

Same thing, topped above the fifth. Removed the bottom two internodes.

^Top of the Blue power, and other cuttings.

^I accidentally, some how broke the top branch. The fat lady ain’t singing yet, she might repair her self.

^ I had some construction tape handy, ripped a lil piece and used it as a bandaid. You can use any kind of tape that’s handy, preferably something you can get back off once you think it’s repaired it’s self. You won’t wanna keep it on, as the plant grows. The branch will get bigger and just like when you put a rubber band on you’re finger, you’re finger doesn’t get blood circulating to it. Same thing with a plant, if it’s cutting the circulation off, the plants “finger will not get blood fully circulating” and the plants finger may have to get amputated off.

^ Tied the blue power down in the same manner.

I didn’t tie internode #3 down yet, as I will wait till she repairs her self before I start causing strain on that limb.

^ there’s the inside of the tent, after their feeding.

hope you all had a great weekend, it’s been effing cold all weekend, and the same through the week. -35 to -40C temps... let’s stay warm everybody!!
brilliant example and one i will try when cloning again.the surface area is one I missed and wrestled many cuttingd to not die from a screwed up leaf pressure issue .. Well worth the peruse. p

Very well put!!

It is crazy that folks who know nothing would assume so much about keeping ourselves and children safe. lol A natural plant that needs some processing for its effects to be really active is a risk to them and so wrong of us to educate and discuss it with them as they grow up but we can sit them down for over 100 jabs with God knows what in and be seen as responsible and protective. lol fucke em is my motto. lol .
I always educate my kids to be real and awake. no jabs for the littlest 2 ( and future one) and they amazingly out performed my varied kinds by a mile in most areas so far. 3 year old can write her own name with a little help and is close to nailing her first 6 main letters by recognition and the 6 year old is being given work to test the top end for lockdown tasks ( proud daddy.lol) , stoner dad who grows weed with a wife half his age and a major conspiracy theorist to boot. Kids don't stand a chance.!!. lol We can't teach stupid backlip but our children might be able to!. heehee here hoping buddy.

lpl I am 54 about to have child no 9( july) 5 boys ( grown men with children) and will be 4 girls at home with me now 3 will be under 7. ( 3rd marriage.lol) I am a stay at home dad and Mrs GG is close to qualified teacher . Best move i ever made. lifetime parent with stretch marks on my wallet and missing teeth from baby heads and hard soled shoes !!. grownroom is my nirvana.!!. heehee. Go the dads !!

Great stuff here, @Backlipslide! I really liked the cloning examples.

I thought you might be interested in my SBG plant.

She was born with a defect and only developed three main branches but she kept growing.

1613059162481.png

I couldn't figure out how to quadline her so I ended up topping 2 of her main branches.

Here she is chugging along on flip day 10.

P1040321.JPG

Also, when I was researching this plant I found a grower's review of an SBG that included this pic of his mature plant:

1613059500752.png

Yummy looking!

brilliant example and one i will try when cloning again.the surface area is one I missed and wrestled many cuttingd to not die from a screwed up leaf pressure issue .. Well worth the peruse. p
Glad you enjoyed it sir!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :battingeyelashes::high-five:

It is crazy that folks who know nothing would assume so much about keeping ourselves and children safe. lol A natural plant that needs some processing for its effects to be really active is a risk to them and so wrong of us to educate and discuss it with them as they grow up but we can sit them down for over 100 jabs with God knows what in and be seen as responsible and protective. lol fucke em is my motto. lol .
I always educate my kids to be real and awake. no jabs for the littlest 2 ( and future one) and they amazingly out performed my varied kinds by a mile in most areas so far. 3 year old can write her own name with a little help and is close to nailing her first 6 main letters by recognition and the 6 year old is being given work to test the top end for lockdown tasks ( proud daddy.lol) , stoner dad who grows weed with a wife half his age and a major conspiracy theorist to boot. Kids don't stand a chance.!!. lol We can't teach stupid backlip but our children might be able to!. heehee here hoping buddy.
Very well said!! That’s amazing about you’re 3 year old. My 3 year old can’t quit write yet, but she can damn near recite the entire alphabet. I’m actually amazed at how well she does... I didn’t learn my alphabet until I was in grade 2 lol It just amazes me!!

lol fucke em is my motto.
Haha I love that!! That’s one hell of a motto!! :high-five::headbanger:

lpl I am 54 about to have child no 9( july) 5 boys ( grown men with children) and will be 4 girls at home with me now 3 will be under 7. ( 3rd marriage.lol) I am a stay at home dad and Mrs GG is close to qualified teacher . Best move i ever made. lifetime parent with stretch marks on my wallet and missing teeth from baby heads and hard soled shoes !!. grownroom is my nirvana.!!. heehee. Go the dads !!
Don’t know how you do it man!! Being a stay at home dad or mom, is not an easy job!!
you must smoke a lot of weed to get through you’re day.... but then again, that’s probably why you grow it! :rofl:

Great stuff here, @Backlipslide! I really liked the cloning examples.

I thought you might be interested in my SBG plant.

She was born with a defect and only developed three main branches but she kept growing.

1613059162481.png

I couldn't figure out how to quadline her so I ended up topping 2 of her main branches.

Here she is chugging along on flip day 10.

P1040321.JPG

Also, when I was researching this plant I found a grower's review of an SBG that included this pic of his mature plant:

1613059500752.png

Yummy looking!
Ohh far out bro!!
Your SBG looked identical to mine almost. The colours pretty well exactly the same. Are you growing it right now? Or previously? Was that you’re flowered plant? Or one you found on the internet? That’s a sharp looking SBG!! Makes me fawking drool!! Lmao :drool:

Very well said!! That’s amazing about you’re 3 year old. My 3 year old can’t quit write yet, but she can damn near recite the entire alphabet. I’m actually amazed at how well she does... I didn’t learn my alphabet until I was in grade 2 lol It just amazes me!!

Don’t know how you do it man!! Being a stay at home dad or mom, is not an easy job!!
you must smoke a lot of weed to get through you’re day.... but then again, that’s probably why you grow it! :rofl:

Ohh far out bro!!
Your SBG looked identical to mine almost. The colours pretty well exactly the same. Are you growing it right now? Or previously? Was that you’re flowered plant? Or one you found on the internet? That’s a sharp looking SBG!! Makes me fawking drool!! Lmao :drool:
Thanks, BLS.

I'm growing mine now. It's on flip day 11.

That last pic is one I found on the internet. I wish that one did belong to me! :Rasta:

Thanks, BLS.

That last pic is one I found on the internet. I wish that one did belong to me! :Rasta:
Ah that's too bad I thought it was yours.

Ohh far out bro!!
bang on correct as usual backlip.lol ,my escape to rebellion and peace and quiet.heehee. Best move I made tbh. feels a luxury to use my hobby to help keep the finances assisted but missed so much with long hours in homeless shelters and drug projects and so many missed Christmas days through necessity to remain open 365 days. Shift work is not parent friendly either.lol. Took the opportunity this time around to be there for it all . I do love it and have no regrets besides missing comradeship and being a part of a service.

bang on correct as usual backlip.lol ,my escape to rebellion and peace and quiet.heehee. Best move I made tbh. feels a luxury to use my hobby to help keep the finances assisted but missed so much with long hours in homeless shelters and drug projects and so many missed Christmas days through necessity to remain open 365 days. Shift work is not parent friendly either.lol. Took the opportunity this time around to be there for it all . I do love it and have no regrets besides missing comradeship and being a part of a service.
I agree I refused to work Christmas day, but all others except my children's birthday are fair game

I agree I refused to work Christmas day, but all others except my children's birthday are fair game
hopefully by the time the next baby due is ready for school, i can legally grow and do it on a bigger scale. We parents miss too much to keep the cupboards full and lights on. lol

Thanks, BLS.

Is that in you’re most recent journal?
I’ll have to swing on in and watch how yours grows!! :headbanger:

It sounds like you made the right move! You’re family must appreciate, you being home!!

are you guys still on lockdown? How’s it all going over on your side of the world?

You guys are crazy!! I work to live, I don’t live to work. But hey! I respect you’re guys hustle!

can legally grow
My fingers are crossed!!!
(where’s the damn emoji when I need it! Lol
That would be a good emoji to have)

Update on the clones,

they’re all doing really good...
I turned my timer back on to go to the 18 on and 6 off light schedule. Then a day or two into I realized I have my veg timer on my tent and the flower timer on the veg box. So that didn’t work, I had to put it back onto auto and leave it on 24 hours for now.

I’ve got two timers, and I set one to have my veg time, and the other set for my flowering times. Makes it convenient to where I can just switch them back and forth when I want to flower my big tent.

doesn’t work so well with this, but hey, I can work around it!
A6AFAADE-8A74-46C4-AE38-5322861BB55C.jpeg

I left the dome off for a good twenty minute time span. Then sprayed my lid, and put it back on, but instead of putting tightly on like I have been. I twisted it a bit, leaving the four corners slightly over the edges. This allows some extra oxygen into the dome, giving you a lower humidity reading, and almost teaches the clone to get used to being under normal air situations.

some humidity domes have a valve on the top of the lid to open or close it. That works in the same exact manner.

B272B96E-6640-4A43-B9E4-5274B1AF6CA3.jpeg

71B20479-6977-4703-B265-E9CB20668D1F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom