BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madness!

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madnes

Hi BID,

I would like to thank you for a great thread, full of information, humour and friendly talks. Waaaaay better than any TV shows.

This is my first post here. I’ve been reading your thread and a few others in parallel on this forum.
I took me a few days to finish this journal but I’ve finally reach the last post (well so far anyway…)

The main reason I came here is that I want to buy a LED light for my growing and I needed some feedback on some models.
I can say that I’ll stick around for sure as there are plenty of info to read/absorb/digest; not just on LED panel.

I think I got the info I needed and I will send Sara an email soon asking for prices on a couple of models she has.

Keep the good work mate!
You’ve got a new fan!:blushsmile:

Re: BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madnes

Happy Thurweed day BID :thumb:

Hi BID,

I would like to thank you for a great thread, full of information, humour and friendly talks. Waaaaay better than any TV shows.

This is my first post here. I’ve been reading your thread and a few others in parallel on this forum.
I took me a few days to finish this journal but I’ve finally reach the last post (well so far anyway…)

The main reason I came here is that I want to buy a LED light for my growing and I needed some feedback on some models.
I can say that I’ll stick around for sure as there are plenty of info to read/absorb/digest; not just on LED panel.

I think I got the info I needed and I will send Sara an email soon asking for prices on a couple of models she has.

Keep the good work mate!
You’ve got a new fan!:blushsmile:

Hey there well welcome aboard and welcome to the 420mag!! I'm glad you found my journals of use, I'm really having a good time discovering LED and all the other tech involved in growing the greatest plant on earth ! I hope you continue here and on the forum!

how much minerals per liter of coco do you use? Was wanting to try it out this hi brix coco

Hey BID, very nice plants you got there bud ! :bravo: The urkle gave me chills :cheer:

I was actually stalking your profile for a little while and i am really thinking about buying the same Mars2 80x5W that you tested and i think it would be a great fit into my grow room instead of a 400W HPS since i will be missing some space for the ducting and all the other goodies, also the intake noise would not be good for my set-up.

I hope you don't mind if i sub too :)

Ttyl :goodjob::peacetwo:

Hey bid

Great grow btw with the Mars II I've been following you and Jon from beginning to end, and all I have to say is I'm convinced!!! I just had a question, I am pretty sure that this was answered way at the begginning so I do apologize for being redundant. What size are did your light cover? Thanks again and happy THURSDAY!

I know I have not said much in this journal but, I have to speak up now. Even though BID did not get the yield most of you think he should have. You have to think he did not veg these plants very long and did not defoliate these girls like he normally would. They where also in smaller pots. Now I have to tell you the smoke is amazing. I have been able to try two of the strains and WOW. They are more potent than just about everything else he has grown.

I thought about this post just now because Graytail just documented a "grams per day" metric" for a multi strain grow. Very cool. Quality will always be subjective, but grams per day seems like a really useful way of looking at things beyond the old "grams per watt" thing. For example, it addresses the "how long should I veg question. Pop over to his journal and check it out.

Chronic Weekend to ya BID :thumb:

BID,

I've been following your grow for quite a while and would love your input on my lighting setup. I've recently started growing for my son who has Dravet Syndrome, a catastrophic form of epilepsy. I'm growing some high CBD low THC varieties, because obviously I don't want my five year old to get high.

After doing a lot of research I decided to go with LEDs. I think they are the wave of the future and not having to be concerned with heat issues and extra ventilation is a big bonus as well. An experienced grower who is helping me learn how to do it is completely anti-LED. He thinks that they are not capable of producing high yields and that I should replace mine with HSP or MH lighting.

I live in Washington, we can have up to 15 plants. I'm setting up for a three cycle, five plant system. Five in flower, five in veg, five in clone. I need to produce at least 5 oz per month to meet my son's medication needs. I have two tents. The veg tent has two
310AEfIfZeL.jpg

My grower friend just doesn't like LED so I can't really count on his opinion to be unbiased on this, he thinks I should get rid of them all. Do you think this setup with LEDs can possibly produce 1 oz per plant with the setup I described?

Thank you

I'm sure you'll get a ton of help here, DD. The link to you blog isn't working. What size are the tents?

Got my own damn URL wrong. Should work now.

I have two 4x4 tents.

BID,

I've been following your grow for quite a while and would love your input on my lighting setup. I've recently started growing for my son who has Dravet Syndrome, a catastrophic form of epilepsy. I'm growing some high CBD low THC varieties, because obviously I don't want my five year old to get high.

After doing a lot of research I decided to go with LEDs. I think they are the wave of the future and not having to be concerned with heat issues and extra ventilation is a big bonus as well. An experienced grower who is helping me learn how to do it is completely anti-LED. He thinks that they are not capable of producing high yields and that I should replace mine with HSP or MH lighting.

I live in Washington, we can have up to 15 plants. I'm setting up for a three cycle, five plant system. Five in flower, five in veg, five in clone. I need to produce at least 5 oz per month to meet my son's medication needs. I have two tents. The veg tent has two
310AEfIfZeL.jpg

My grower friend just doesn't like LED so I can't really count on his opinion to be unbiased on this, he thinks I should get rid of them all. Do you think this setup with LEDs can possibly produce 1 oz per plant with the setup I described?

Thank you
I think what your doing for your son is fantastic,and I think results will be good! Nature over pharma whenever possible!

I don't know much about that light brand I'll get back to you on that, but I know your goal is possible with proper veg time I see no reason why not,the current generation of LED is much better than previous gens they are the future and if the tech is not already up to snuff it will be very soon (personally I think the right lights are capable of outperforming hid lights at great savings on total power usage for the garden) I'm getting a new light today that looks to be an hid killer,we'll see soon, many growers don't understand LED has only 1 way to go ,up! Hid it at it's peak the tech can't really be improved much, it's at least 50 year old tech it's power is in intensity and that means lots of wasted light and heat the plants can't use, with LED it's just aboutgetting the proper spectrum and enough intensity to do the job, it's true early less we're weak and had poor results, but I just created the most potent meds I've ever grown with LED with less than optimal veg timeand setup with 1 small light,! Now for a really good perspective on LED and it's yield potential I would ask jon705 he is much more experiences with LED than I am , btw welcome to my journal and 420mag,, I will get back to you on those lights after I look into them a little :thumb:

I took a look at those lights they look fairly sound it is possible you may need a real beast of a light to get the flower yields up there LED takes time to get dialed in there's a sweet spot for height you'll have to find and you may need to work some lst,topping Scrog etc to up yield over all you might be able to use 3 of the square lights in flower, if 1 will veg well, the new light I'm getting used 440 Watts with an output of twice the lux /150% more power than a 600hps I'll be starting another journal for that light and continuing the TopLeD testing here, your on the right path I think:Namaste::high-five:

BID,

310AEfIfZeL.jpg

Thank you

There are quite a few growers on these journals that are also in WA, me being one of them. AS BID suggested, I would make your own journal here, then you can get some good advice. With your situation I am sure you will get lots of good advice by the experienced growers.

Back
Top Bottom