Beemerbill's Indoor/Outdoor Multible Strains Grow Journal

Cucumbers! Can't have a cucumber tomato salad without cucumbers.

Cucumbers are growing and are starting to take off. hope to see flowers soon. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm love that salad

Sun is shining so i thought I would take a few pictures. Here's the girls that are outside

0011368.jpg
0021361.jpg

the greenhouse

0031305.jpg
0051147.jpg
007947.jpg
009778.jpg
008872.jpg
0061001.jpg

and the tent

011617.jpg

POOOP!!
real nice bee! real nice:))

Nice Bill... is that PVC framing? I was going to try that, but then noticed the wind up here after moving... OP north of PA and we get some serious gusts. I didn't think PVC would handle that too well as I've seen several destroyed from moderately high winds (and bein from the gulf cost, of course I've seen them go flyin through the air in Trop Storm/Hurricanes as well, lol, but then again, lots can be flyin though the air at those times :) ) and figured that they weren't viable in this neck of the woods. Did you do anything to reinforce it or are you just in a more sheltered location than I am?

Plants lookin lovely as always Bill +reps :thumb::Namaste:

POOOP!!
real nice bee! real nice:))

thanks fishy. I started feeding a little extra with Sea Blast and a mild mix. Sure makes them green.

Nice Bill... is that PVC framing? I was going to try that, but then noticed the wind up here after moving... OP north of PA and we get some serious gusts. I didn't think PVC would handle that too well as I've seen several destroyed from moderately high winds (and bein from the gulf cost, of course I've seen them go flyin through the air in Trop Storm/Hurricanes as well, lol, but then again, lots can be flyin though the air at those times :) ) and figured that they weren't viable in this neck of the woods. Did you do anything to reinforce it or are you just in a more sheltered location than I am?

Plants lookin lovely as always Bill +reps :thumb::Namaste:

Rune the greenhouse is a hoop house. It's made out of 1" schedule 40 heavy wall 450 psi PVC. Across the top I put cross's with a 2' spacer to hold the hoops in place. I drove a 2.5 ft 1/2" rebar in the ground every 2 ft and left about a foot sticking out of the ground to slip the end of the hoop over. Works good and went up pretty fast. I get winds and time will tell but I don't think i will have a problem.

thanks for the good words and reps.

No prob... if you get a chance, could you take a few pics of the cross braces? I've been trying to figure out how to get a decent greenhouse put up at the rental we're in, but do so cheaply. I was actually thinking the same thing you went with, the rebar, but I was thinking more like 2 - 4 ft left above ground and support cables tied at the corners to deeply driven stakes.

No prob... if you get a chance, could you take a few pics of the cross braces? I've been trying to figure out how to get a decent greenhouse put up at the rental we're in, but do so cheaply. I was actually thinking the same thing you went with, the rebar, but I was thinking more like 2 - 4 ft left above ground and support cables tied at the corners to deeply driven stakes.

wow I was just going to ask about your construction . freaky ....width?

Here's a few of pictures of the greenhouse. It is 12' x 24' x 7' tall.

Here's one before the plastic went on. You will see that I attached a 1"x8" so I could have something to attach the plastic. The second picture shows I used conduit hangers to mount the board.

009731.jpg
004_renamed_27006.jpg

The rest are the cross's and my end construction.

001_renamed_32538.jpg
002_renamed_10210.jpg

You were saying you thought about leaving 2 to 4 foot out of the ground on the rebar. You may have a hard time getting the pipe over that height. I glued all my ribs together before assembly and you will have to do that so the glue joint can cure and bending them to get them over that may be hard so I would try one first before putting all in the ground. I have around 300 in this build and I have enough plastic to put the second layer on for winter.

Hit the girls with a little Sea Blast this morning. Really seems to help with growth. I only use a 1/8th teaspoon per gallon so it's not hot and adds to the mix. Grow baby grow

:)2046:)

Back
Top Bottom