Beauty vs. Brawn - A Multi Strain Multi Sponsor Grow Off For Bragging Rights

In that second pic, is that a find "Waldo" kind of thing? Cuz, I spotted that fly sitting there. So, I win!
Seek and destroy šŸ¤˜šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤˜ thanks for calling the hit.
IMG_20240708_165633129_HDR.jpg

ROFL! I'll remember you next time I need a critter "Hitman". Your speed and accuracy is a plus.
Well I just got done saying "no pests šŸ˜Ž" ....and then you said fly....I flew up those stairs so quickšŸ¤£

Update kindaā€¦
The phoenix girls are getting big quick!
They are gonna have to just get comfortable in those solos until I get their pots freed up!
A tent revamp and lighting upgrade is going to slip in place right before we go into full veg mode.
We have one more node to go before we think about the first topping and early training.
Thatā€™s all for now!

IMG_3551.jpeg

IMG_3552.jpeg

UPDATE: Day 36 from sprout.

Everyone is doing great. They will get fed and watered today or tomorrow, and training is going great.
Lucille's leaves are looking better, so I think she may be getting past that wrinkly stage. She's starting to fill out a little more too.

The Boo-Boo is holding on, but I think I might snip off those two leaves. They didn't fair well at all, and I think they will just die and fall off.
It feels like it's stuck solid where it broke, so I haven't given up hope.

Go Team Girlz!

Everyone is doing great. They will get fed and watered today or tomorrow, and training is going great.
Lucille's leaves are looking better, so I think she may be getting past that wrinkly stage. She's starting to fill out a little more too.

The Boo-Boo is holding on, but I think I might snip off those two leaves. They didn't fair well at all, and I think they will just die and fall off.

Go Team Girlz!
Maybe leave the leaves until she's fully healed?! Let her to continue to grab the extra nutrients to heal from the already damaged leaves instead of pulling from elsewhere.

But hell yea !!!! The ladies are looking great šŸ‘.

Go Team Girlz!
The two for the grow off are looking beautiful and the little one is coming on. I agree with Happy. I'd possibly snip the dead ends off for aesthetic appeal, but leave the green bits :cheer:

Weekly update:

I'm really sad to hear that Seedsman are no longer sponsors here. Awkward.

Screenshot (15) copy.png

There are a couple of burnt lower leaf tips on the Red Mimosa XL Auto, possibly indicating a potassium deficiency. I will monitor this and if needs be I have a banana concentrate that I made last year that I can dilute and use at 2T / L.

We have ice cold, wet weather with snow around. The relative humidity in here is high at 77. I have put a reptile heating mat up against the side of the Blueberry pot and covered it in a towel, to try to warm up the root zone. I only have one or the other plant would have one too. The Blueberry is getting the pampering because it is the more promising plant of the two. The temperature reading I get for the pot is 19.9 C.

Logo darker text.jpg

Weekly update:

I'm really sad to hear that Seedsman are no longer sponsors here. Awkward.

Screenshot (15) copy.png

There are a couple of burnt lower leaf tips on the Red Mimosa XL Auto, possibly indicating a potassium deficiency. I will monitor this and if needs be I have a banana concentrate that I made last year that I can dilute and use at 2T / L.

We have ice cold, wet weather with snow around. The relative humidity in here is high at 77. I have put a reptile heating mat up against the side of the Blueberry pot and covered it in a towel, to try to warm up the root zone. I only have one or the other plant would have one too. The Blueberry is getting the pampering because it is the more promising plant of the two. The temperature reading I get for the pot is 19.9 C.

Logo darker text.jpg
Plants look like they are handling things well. :)
I would have never thought of snow in SA.

Maybe leave the leaves until she's fully healed?! Let her to continue to grab the extra nutrients to heal from the already damaged leaves instead of pulling from elsewhere.

But hell yea !!!! The ladies are looking great šŸ‘.

The two for the grow off are looking beautiful and the little one is coming on. I agree with Happy. I'd possibly snip the dead ends off for aesthetic appeal, but leave the green bits :cheer:

Okay, I went in this morning and snipped off the dead part of those leaves. My OCD just couldn't stand looking at the crispies anymore. šŸ˜†

Plants look like they are handling things well. :)
I would have never thought of snow in SA.
Thank you! Yes snow, but only in certain places.
Okay, I went in this morning and snipped off the dead part of those leaves. My OCD just couldn't stand looking at the crispies anymore. šŸ˜†
I hear ya, I think I'm going to do the same with my crispies lol.
Ditto, I had 2 small ones at the bottom of Trizkit & had to snip snip.
snip snip snippety snip!

DAY 43 MILKY WAY F1 AUTO. DAY 18 OF FLOWER.

Hey all sorry for the delay in update I've been busy at work and busy at home with minimal down time....so now that I'm caught up it's time to catch up here.

Strain- Milky Way F1 auto flower by @Royal Queen Seeds .

Indoor/outdoors - indoors in a 2x4x5 mylar lined grow tent.

Medium - Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil with 20% perlite added.

Nutrients - Veg and Bloom combo by @GeoFlora Nutrients. With help from mycorrhizal from @DYNOMYCO , Bush Dr , Bud candy, and grow big.

Lights- P1000 100w led by @ViparSpectra and some extra colored spectrum from a 90W "Blurple" Led. The plant is rotated daily .

ā€¢Pot- 3 gallon fabric

ā€¢Water- tap water

ā€¢Temperature - 80Ā°f or 26.6Ā°c

ā€¢Humidity - 50% fairly steady.

ā€¢Pests or issues- detailed above.

So for starters we'll just show her as she is before I get into a few things.
IMG_20240713_120212446_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240713_120218579_HDR.jpg

Alright so looking at the above pics I see a few issues. First thing is is dead center of the bottom photo I noticed at some point the lower branch broke šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø, and idk how I missed it. So nothing I can or will do now, and she handle that like a friggin champ just patched up a bit and kept growin. šŸ˜… It's solid so I will not rebreak it to set in it's original position. I will be watching to make sure the spot doesn't get infected or anything. If there is something I can safely patch the hole with I'm open to suggestion if needed.
IMG_20240713_120226647.jpg

Next leaf colors and spots. We have a couple things happening here.

ā€¢ Rust colored speckles. I'm just going to go on a limb and say this one is the typical Cal-mag issue for now. Which I addressed in the last post. So no further spreading.
IMG_20240712_170112307_HDR.jpg

ā€¢yellowing drooping leaves- this was probably due to me watering early to get the Cal-mag into the soil.....so over watering.... She is in a dry period now and will give her an extra day.
IMG_20240712_170221072_HDR.jpg

ā€¢ dark brown spots- this one has me slightly stumped as I don't have pests and I'm following the feeding schedule as suggested and have not used any "booster's" yet šŸ¤”, maybe nutrient burn? Idk what do you think?
IMG_20240713_122800799_HDR.jpg

Ok so we have covered the things in question and I for the most part have it under control.....almost šŸ˜…. But no matter the issues she is moving through flower very quick and I still have a lot of time for her to just bulk up. Each of the big colas are about as wide as a standard BIC lighter, with counting the stacks underneath they are about 4-6 inches long.šŸ‘
IMG_20240713_115627251_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240713_115620075_HDR.jpg

Other than that we're just plugging along and keeping things moving. Should be a decent harvest and I'm looking forward to seeing the progression.

Oh yea I got a roll of @VIVOSUN mylar lining and I'm in the process of doing half the room.....and possibly ditching the tent and expanding my space. Will be looking into other lights as well. To cover the new space.
IMG_20240713_120427630.jpg

GridArt_20240509_173710095~2.jpg

Hey all sorry for the delay in update I've been busy at work and busy at home with minimal down time....so now that I'm caught up it's time to catch up here.

Nutrients - Veg and Bloom combo by @GeoFlora Nutrients. With help from mycorrhizal from @DYNOMYCO , Bush Dr , Bud candy, and grow big.

Lights- P1000 100w led by @ViparSpectra and some extra colored spectrum from a 90W "Blurple" Led. The plant is rotated daily .

ā€¢Pot- 3 gallon fabric

ā€¢Water- tap water

Alright so looking at the above pics I see a few issues. First thing is is dead center of the bottom photo I noticed at some point the lower branch broke šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø, and idk how I missed it. So nothing I can or will do now, and she handle that like a friggin champ just patched up a bit and kept growin. šŸ˜… It's solid so I will not rebreak it to set in it's original position. I will be watching to make sure the spot doesn't get infected or anything. If there is something I can safely patch the hole with I'm open to suggestion if needed.

ā€¢ Rust colored speckles. I'm just going to go on a limb and say this one is the typical Cal-mag issue for now. Which I addressed in the last post. So no further spreading.

ā€¢yellowing drooping leaves- this was probably due to me watering early to get the Cal-mag into the soil.....so over watering.... She is in a dry period now and will give her an extra day.

ā€¢ dark brown spots- this one has me slightly stumped as I don't have pests and I'm following the feeding schedule as suggested and have not used any "booster's" yet šŸ¤”, maybe nutrient burn? Idk what do you think?

Ok so we have covered the things in question and I for the most part have it under control.....almost šŸ˜…. But no matter the issues she is moving through flower very quick and I still have a lot of time for her to just bulk up. Each of the big colas are about as wide as a standard BIC lighter, with counting the stacks underneath they are about 4-6 inches long.šŸ‘

Other than that we're just plugging along and keeping things moving. Should be a decent harvest and I'm looking forward to seeing the progression.

Oh yea I got a roll of @VIVOSUN mylar lining and I'm in the process of doing half the room.....and possibly ditching the tent and expanding my space. Will be looking into other lights as well. To cover the new space.

Great progress report! I love that you are going to do some out of tent grows. Sounds like you are in for some mightly fat colas!

On the split limb, I've done it way too many times. My theory:

When I start training and push those branches down, I never see the break happen. It's always a surprise when I see split britches or splits in a limb that wasn't there when I finished up. I think it's happening over time after a training session, the stress of the pull gradually causes it to quit fighting the pull and it splits or breaks.
So, now I pull the branch where I want it and then make sure I back it up just a little with the tie down so that I'm sure it's not stressing the joints.

Great progress report! I love that you are going to do some out of tent grows. Sounds like you are in for some mightly fat colas!

On the split limb, I've done it way too many times. My theory:

When I start training and push those branches down, I never see the break happen. It's always a surprise when I see split britches or splits in a limb that wasn't there when I finished up. I think it's happening over time after a training session, the stress of the pull gradually causes it to quit fighting the pull and it splits or breaks.
So, now I pull the branch where I want it and then make sure I back it up just a little with the tie down so that I'm sure it's not stressing the joints.
Thank you lady C šŸ˜.

Yea I only worried for a second lol I've broken a few, my kid has broken a few, etc šŸ˜‚ so I'm fairly weathered in not tripping over it lol and it was indeed from me trying to force it down without crushing the stem a lite to allow for ease of bending.

ā€¢Pot- 3 gallon fabric

ā€¢Water- tap water

Iā€™m sure you saw my last split on the banana jealousy grow. The band aid worked well and easy enough to do for peace of mind.
I love the grow room idea. In fact, I considered it once again this morning lol.
I just have no way to seal the room up to control odors.
Great update!

IMG_3567.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom