Beauty vs. Brawn - A Multi Strain Multi Sponsor Grow Off For Bragging Rights

Haha what timing… lol you musta been typing as I was posting!
Oh and if y’all find a good recipe for recharging soil, share that sh!t.. I’d love to try it!
:cheesygrinsmiley: :ciao: Babies are looking good! So sorry to hear of your "unemployment" at the moment, but it's good to have you around too. :)

Here's a couple from The Rev. The Druid is his current recipe. I haven't used it yet but will next. These both need ro water. I'd buy his book before using either of them to get all the little points of interest for it.

Thanks @StoneOtter ! I understand all of the ingredients except the rice. What does the rice do for soil mixes?

Inquiring minds....and all. ;-)

I'm going to do a before and after for Lucille to see what happens a few days after nutrients. She's certainly not in bad shape, she just isn't where I want to see her on the foliage.

Everyone got hit with vitameatavegimen this morning. :cheesygrinsmiley: Also had a gnat fly into my face, so the sticky trap is now up.

Go Team Girlz!
They look lovely! What is vitameatavegimen? Is it a home brew? Go Team Girlz!

Update!
Well, as typical with my work, it went from unemployed to 60 hours a week with 24 hours of drive time. Then with all the rain the river is up so the project is on hold and we are back to zero. That leaves me plenty of time to catch up my journals and give these girls the attention they need for early training.
So, y’all can expect a little more from me for a bit.
I know it’s still early but, so far, I couldn’t be happier. I’ve missed a couple waters but, they haven’t seemed to mind.
We have true leaves!

IMG_3550.jpeg

IMG_3549.jpeg
Looking good Old dog! May life find balance :meditate:

They look lovely! What is vitameatavegimen? Is it a home brew? Go Team Girlz!

Looking good Old dog! May life find balance :meditate:
It's a play on words. Fom a skit that Lucille Ball did in one of the "I love Lucy" episodes where she practiced for a commercial for vitameatavegimin. Not real stuff. LOL

Thanks @StoneOtter ! I understand all of the ingredients except the rice. What does the rice do for soil mixes?

Inquiring minds....and all. ;-)
Wash rice and save the water. Mix it with milk and let it ferment. when it does, curd and whey are left. Whey is what folks buy and feed themselves and their plants. It's called Lactic acid bacteria serum if you buy it. My soil always has heaps of rice when I amend it. That bacteria is good for the soil. Probably more...

Wash rice and save the water. Mix it with milk and let it ferment. when it does, curd and whey are left. Whey is what folks buy and feed themselves and their plants. It's called Lactic acid bacteria serum if you buy it. My soil always has heaps of rice when I amend it. That bacteria is good for the soil. Probably more...
I see. I make whey a lot when I make cheese. I use it in cooking recipes and other things, including outdoor plants on occasion.
Thanks for the info!

Any of the grow show contestants that have seeds growing by seedsman, go ahead with the grow but do not tag them in any future posts. Please read this: (Click on the link to take you to the post in regards to seedsman)

It's a play on words. Fom a skit that Lucille Ball did in one of the "I love Lucy" episodes where she practiced for a commercial for vitameatavegimin. Not real stuff. LOL
Ah, I don't know the cultural reference. I knew it was play on words, but I thought you made it up to describe a tea that you make to feed your plants :passitleft: It could easily be a combo of certain minerals, fish ferts and kelp for instance!

Ah, I don't know the cultural reference. I knew it was play on words, but I thought you made it up to describe a tea that you make to feed your plants :passitleft: It could easily be a combo of certain minerals, fish ferts and kelp for instance!
Vegimeatabmídables...if you can't pronounce it...dont eat it. Lol.

Poor Lucille....she suffered a Boo-Boo last night.

I have been reusing the wooden skewer hooks that I made, and I won't be doing that anymore. Once they have gotten soaked through an entire plant grow, they become very weak and break.

I was trying to train down one of the shoots on the top, the skewer broke halfway into the soil and caused me to break the shoot right at the join to the stem. It was looking quite dead for a while, so I propped it up tight to the stem with another skewer under it hoping the feed flow to it would keep going. This morning it actually looks a bit better, but we'll see.

Poor Lucille....she suffered a Boo-Boo last night.

I have been reusing the wooden skewer hooks that I made, and I won't be doing that anymore. Once they have gotten soaked through an entire plant grow, they become very weak and break.

I was trying to train down one of the shoots on the top, the skewer broke halfway into the soil and caused me to break the shoot right at the join to the stem. It was looking quite dead for a while, so I propped it up tight to the stem with another skewer under it hoping the feed flow to it would keep going. This morning it actually looks a bit better, but we'll see.

Gosh, fingers crossed Lady Cannafan!

Update on Lucille and her Boo-Boo. I think she just might be in repair mode! Last night I misted the broken area with distilled water to keep it moist, and then again this morning. The shoot is standing up instead of hanging down.

After the pics were taken I pushed the prop up just a little more to get the join tighter so the fibers can get to work and connect. I'm encouraged. :)

Here's how she looks after I sang to her.

🎶 "Lucille...please come back where you belong!"🎶

Update on Lucille and her Boo-Boo. I think she just might be in repair mode! Last night I misted the broken area with distilled water to keep it moist, and then again this morning. The shoot is standing up instead of hanging down.

After the pics were taken I pushed the prop up just a little more to get the join tighter so the fibers can get to work and connect. I'm encouraged. :)

Here's how she looks after I sang to her.

🎶 "Lucille...please come back where you belong!"🎶

She's definitely trying to hold on and mend the damaged limb.... You and Lucille got this 😁.

DAY 38 MILKY WAY F1 AUTO.

Happy Monday everyone 👋.

Not to much to report on at this moment....she's just plugging away in flower. All of the bud zones are swelling daily and moving along as expected. I did however have to move a few of the tie downs as she pulled the skewers up out of the soil 😅 so longer skewers were used and at a higher angle to counter the pull force.
IMG_20240708_152415358_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240708_152422149_HDR.jpg

While checking her over I did notice three tiny rust spots on a single upper fan. It could have been over looked from previous checks, but I have been adding bush doctor Cal-mag to my water for the last two weeks..... So maybe why it hasn't spread? .... Idk but it's a single fan so it will not cause panic here 😅
IMG_20240708_152520710_HDR.jpg

And couple fluffy pics.

IMG_20240708_152437733_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240708_152507486_HDR.jpg

Feeding is in a couple days as well as next water...until then we're just coasting :surf:.

Strain- Milky Way F1 auto flower by @Royal Queen Seeds

Indoor/outdoors- indoors in a 2x4x5 mylar lined grow tent.

Medium- Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil with 20% perlite added.

Light- p1000 100w led by @ViparSpectra at 80% 12" from canopy.

Nutrients - Veg and Bloom combo by @GeoFlora Nutrients .

Air flow - 10" A6 oscillating fan by @VIVOSUN , 8" fixed fan, and a 4" inline constant exhaust fan. I did have a small 6" fan at a bottom vent kind of acting as a booster.... But it burned out....so another oscillating fan will be in the future.

Temperature - 82°f / 27.7°c

Humidity - we've had some fluctuations here so the inside has been between 40-50%. Which is still ok for flower 👍.

Pests/problems- no pest 😎 and 3-4 rust spots on upper fan. I'm not sure if a problem or not, but she has had her leaves at a slight down angle the entire grow so far... But she hasn't seemed to slow down or show any real care for it.... So I'm kinda on the same page...you don't care neither do I 😅. If something gets worse I'll make adjustments as needed.

That wraps up this update, thanks for stopping and have a kick ass week everyone :headbanger:

GridArt_20240509_173710095~2.jpg

Happy Monday everyone 👋.

Not to much to report on at this moment....she's just plugging away in flower. All of the bud zones are swelling daily and moving along as expected. I did however have to move a few of the tie downs as she pulled the skewers up out of the soil 😅 so longer skewers were used and at a higher angle to counter the pull force.

While checking her over I did notice three tiny rust spots on a single upper fan. It could have been over looked from previous checks, but I have been adding bush doctor Cal-mag to my water for the last two weeks..... So maybe why it hasn't spread? .... Idk but it's a single fan so it will not cause panic here 😅

And couple fluffy pics.

Feeding is in a couple days as well as next water...until then we're just coasting :surf:.

Air flow - 10" A6 oscillating fan by @VIVOSUN , 8" fixed fan, and a 4" inline constant exhaust fan. I did have a small 6" fan at a bottom vent kind of acting as a booster.... But it burned out....so another oscillating fan will be in the future.

Humidity - we've had some fluctuations here so the inside has been between 40-50%. Which is still ok for flower 👍.

Pests/problems- no pest 😎 and 3-4 rust spots on upper fan. I'm not sure if a problem or not, but she has had her leaves at a slight down angle the entire grow so far... But she hasn't seemed to slow down or show any real care for it.... So I'm kinda on the same page...you don't care neither do I 😅. If something gets worse I'll make adjustments as needed.

That wraps up this update, thanks for stopping and have a kick ass week everyone :headbanger:

She's getting beefy, showing off her muscles pulling out those skewers.
"Don't keep me down!"

Happy Monday everyone 👋.

And couple fluffy pics.

In that second pic, is that a find "Waldo" kind of thing? Cuz, I spotted that fly sitting there. So, I win!

She's getting beefy, showing off her muscles pulling out those skewers.
"Don't keep me down!"
I read this and immediately thought 🎶Don't bring me down.....Bruce 🎶 😅.

In that second pic, is that a find "Waldo" kind of thing? Cuz, I spotted that fly sitting there. So, I win!
😭 Nope was definitely not ....... Hold one moment please. ☝️

Back
Top Bottom