Beauty vs. Brawn - A Multi Strain Multi Sponsor Grow Off For Bragging Rights

DAY 27 MILKY WAY F1 AUTO.

Alright let's get into this 😎.

Tuesday evening after I updated I was sitting smoking a bowl sharing the light with miss Milky Way rereading what I typed and thought "why am I going to wait until the end of the week to get the training done ? 🤔"...... Which prompted me to get busy immediately.

Here's a reminder of how she looked two days ago.
IMG_20240625_153517343_HDR.jpg

So for starters I did a very light super cropping, bending all the stems almost horizontal. Two of them creased but no worries on that.
IMG_20240625_213045755_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240626_194634061_HDR.jpg

To help keep them in that position I utilized double sided Velcro strips loosely wrapped around the stems and bamboo skewers. Once I had them all loosely wrapped the sticks were repositioned to an angle to help hold the stems down.
IMG_20240625_215155108_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240626_194619839_HDR.jpg

After the prep was finished we gave her a check over and turned out the lights.

Fast forwarding to this morning this is what she looks like.
IMG_20240627_062912137_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240627_062930691_HDR.jpg

As of this morning we are at 9" tall and 13" across. Her growth hasn't slowed down a bit and new bud zones are growing daily. More training will need to be done in the future but for now I'm happy with things and digging her look 😁. She has not been fed nor has she been watered for quite a bit now.... If I had to guess on the last watering was probably 6-7 days ago but she isn't showing me that she needs anything.....so rocking out until she speaks up.

Strain- Milky Way F1 auto flower by @Royal Queen Seeds .

Indoor/outdoor - indoor using 2x4x5 mylar grow tent.

Nutrients - Veg and Bloom combo by @GeoFlora Nutrients with help from FF grow big, FF bush doctor, mycorrhizae root inoculant by @DYNOMYCO .

Medium - soil with 20% mid coarse perlite added and a layer of sand for soil pests deterrent.

Lighting - P1000 100w full spectrum led by @ViparSpectra set at 80% 12" from canopy on a 18-6 light schedule.

Air flow- 10" A6 oscillating fan by @VIVOSUN with a 6" and 8" fan for additional airflow. And. 4" inline exhaust fan venting to outside.

Temperature - 80°f / 26.6°c

Humidity 50-60%. I have a 2L RoseKM cool air humidifier for lowering temps and adding humidity if needed. Last three weeks I have not had to run it as things have been stable.

Extras- emotional support drunken luck gnomes 😂

That wraps up this update have a great rest of the week everyone :headbanger:

GridArt_20240509_173710095~2.jpg

DAY 27 MILKY WAY F1 AUTO.

Alright let's get into this 😎.

Tuesday evening after I updated I was sitting smoking a bowl sharing the light with miss Milky Way rereading what I typed and thought "why am I going to wait until the end of the week to get the training done ? 🤔"...... Which prompted me to get busy immediately.

Here's a reminder of how she looked two days ago.
IMG_20240625_153517343_HDR.jpg

So for starters I did a very light super cropping, bending all the stems almost horizontal. Two of them creased but no worries on that.
IMG_20240625_213045755_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240626_194634061_HDR.jpg

To help keep them in that position I utilized double sided Velcro strips loosely wrapped around the stems and bamboo skewers. Once I had them all loosely wrapped the sticks were repositioned to an angle to help hold the stems down.
IMG_20240625_215155108_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240626_194619839_HDR.jpg

After the prep was finished we gave her a check over and turned out the lights.

Fast forwarding to this morning this is what she looks like.
IMG_20240627_062912137_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240627_062930691_HDR.jpg

As of this morning we are at 9" tall and 13" across. Her growth hasn't slowed down a bit and new bud zones are growing daily. More training will need to be done in the future but for now I'm happy with things and digging her look 😁. She has not been fed nor has she been watered for quite a bit now.... If I had to guess on the last watering was probably 6-7 days ago but she isn't showing me that she needs anything.....so rocking out until she speaks up.

Strain- Milky Way F1 auto flower by @Royal Queen Seeds .

Indoor/outdoor - indoor using 2x4x5 mylar grow tent.

Nutrients - Veg and Bloom combo by @GeoFlora Nutrients with help from FF grow big, FF bush doctor, mycorrhizae root inoculant by @DYNOMYCO .

Medium - soil with 20% mid coarse perlite added and a layer of sand for soil pests deterrent.

Lighting - P1000 100w full spectrum led by @ViparSpectra set at 80% 12" from canopy on a 18-6 light schedule.

Air flow- 10" A6 oscillating fan by @VIVOSUN with a 6" and 8" fan for additional airflow. And. 4" inline exhaust fan venting to outside.

Temperature - 80°f / 26.6°c

Humidity 50-60%. I have a 2L RoseKM cool air humidifier for lowering temps and adding humidity if needed. Last three weeks I have not had to run it as things have been stable.

Extras- emotional support drunken luck gnomes 😂

That wraps up this update have a great rest of the week everyone :headbanger:

Nice bending HH!

How do you top-feed the GeoFlora with that sand in the pot?

Nice bending HH!

How do you top-feed the GeoFlora with that sand in the pot?
Thank you GDB 👍

The sand kinda floats when I water which allows the fertilizer pellets to actually sink below the sand. But the sand does allow the lighter bits in the dirt to float up through. But basically it's the same process just with an extra layer.

Thank you GDB 👍

The sand kinda floats when I water which allows the fertilizer pellets to actually sink below the sand. But the sand does allow the lighter bits in the dirt to float up through. But basically it's the same process just with an extra layer.
And maybe a bit better for the plant because sand is a natural filter🤔?

And maybe a bit better for the plant because sand is a natural filter🤔?
I think it's a bonus either way you look at it. Filter material, helps with drainage, promotes air flow, its silica - nutritional?although I'm not sure on its release rate. Keeps critters at bay. Gives you an extra place for a sand castle!

I think it's a bonus either way you look at it. Filter material, helps with drainage, promotes air flow, its silica - nutritional?although I'm not sure on its release rate. Keeps critters at bay. Gives you an extra place for a sand castle!
Good point should be ok no matter what.

Don't tempt me I have glue and sand.....and my daughters beach molds 😂🏰🏰

Right next to the drunken gnome!!

Short n sweet update.

The girls are good, I've misplaced my tape measure..it'll show up when I stop looking for it....
.....I swear..them little green men.....

I went ahead and just topped Rita, I don't remember whose thread I was reading that made me decide to do so. I think it was Tok or Roy..🤔..anyways..it was one of them guys with the badass training techs. 😇🙏

She didn't mind it a bit, in fact she grew a little from it.
1719507870246664522764691516043.jpg

17195079533588889145579413775672.jpg

Alaska is finally standing mostly straight up, her lean has ceased. She's got some character in them leaves.
They're about to indulge in their first serving of banana water. As well as they all split a gallon of Reefertilizer Grow amongst themselves a few days ago.
1719508039415785027185871745814.jpg

17195080788877745201278876339098.jpg

"A banana a day, keeps the doctor at bay"
17195081361457001284158412237707.jpg

It's bubbling with activity.

UPDATE: ....finally. LOL Day 25 from sprout...I think.

I've got some work cut out for me with theses kids after that power outage. Two of the plants shot up about 3" looking for more light. I had not started training on them yet, only topped one of the two.
Lucille and Gilda went tall, so training on them is getting started today. Everyone has been topped as well. I did some super cropping to fan leaves on a couple of them as well to get them out of the way for a bit. (I think I stole that idea from someone here. :rofl: )

Rita is doing great with her training, and Whoopie is coming along too.

They are under the ViparSpectra KS5000 today, all of the other plants are being chopped and harvested this weekend and the next few days.
I will be moving the light closer, and it's at 50% power right now. I'll watch close to make sure they do okay with that.

They aren't getting any nutrients except Cal/Mag right now.

Rita - Gorilla Zkittlez #1

Lucille - Gorilla Zkittlez #2

Whoopie - Mimosa EVO #1

Gilda - Mimosa EVO #2

Short n sweet update.

The girls are good, I've misplaced my tape measure..it'll show up when I stop looking for it....
.....I swear..them little green men.....

I went ahead and just topped Rita, I don't remember whose thread I was reading that made me decide to do so. I think it was Tok or Roy..🤔..anyways..it was one of them guys with the badass training techs. 😇🙏

She didn't mind it a bit, in fact she grew a little from it.
1719507870246664522764691516043.jpg

17195079533588889145579413775672.jpg

Alaska is finally standing mostly straight up, her lean has ceased. She's got some character in them leaves.
They're about to indulge in their first serving of banana water. As well as they all split a gallon of Reefertilizer Grow amongst themselves a few days ago.
1719508039415785027185871745814.jpg

17195080788877745201278876339098.jpg

"A banana a day, keeps the doctor at bay"
17195081361457001284158412237707.jpg

It's bubbling with activity.
"Lovely Rita, Meter Maid"..... (are you a Beatles fan? LOL)

I'm going to have to try that banana ferment one of these days. I love watching things bubble with growth and activity.

UPDATE: ....finally. LOL Day 25 from sprout...I think.

I've got some work cut out for me with theses kids after that power outage. Two of the plants shot up about 3" looking for more light. I had not started training on them yet, only topped one of the two.
Lucille and Gilda went tall, so training on them is getting started today. Everyone has been topped as well. I did some super cropping to fan leaves on a couple of them as well to get them out of the way for a bit. (I think I stole that idea from someone here. :rofl: )

Rita is doing great with her training, and Whoopie is coming along too.

They are under the ViparSpectra KS5000 today, all of the other plants are being chopped and harvested this weekend and the next few days.
I will be moving the light closer, and it's at 50% power right now. I'll watch close to make sure they do okay with that.

They aren't getting any nutrients except Cal/Mag right now.

Rita - Gorilla Zkittlez #1

Lucille - Gorilla Zkittlez #2

Whoopie - Mimosa EVO #1

Gilda - Mimosa EVO #2

You’re at the fun part, can’t wait to see what ya do with em!

DAY 32 MILKY WAY F1 AUTO.

Happy Tuesday everyone, hope the weekend went well and hope the week has started off on the better side 😌.

We have entered full flower, and miss Milky Way is pushing fuzzy tops all over....kinda looking like I'm breeding baby guy fieri's over here 😅.
IMG_20240702_065624959_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240702_065629754_HDR.jpg

But all jokes aside she's going full swing and more bud zones are showing every other day. I will try to tuck some of the upper leaves blocking lower zones later this afternoon when I'm home from work, if I cannot tuck them I'll do a very small amount of clipping.....I hate cutting but if it is in the way it must go.
IMG_20240701_133944059_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240701_134036120_HDR.jpg

As you can see in the two photos the node spacing is short and I have some action happening....so I definitely need to get light and air to those so we don't end up with tiny nonsense large buds.

She was fed with just short of a half a cup of @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom and took about 2L of water to fully saturate the soil. As I mentioned before with the watering with sand, the heavy food pellets sink below the sand and the light bits such as bark, some perlite, tiny sticks/twigs/soil mass float to the top which allows for sifting when dry (will do later this afternoon as well)
IMG_20240702_065624959_HDR~2.jpg

I've checked the plants and sticky traps daily for insect presence and I'm still good! The same two fungi's gnats that were on the trap the day I put them into the grow area are the only ones there.....so I'm even more confident in the ability of the sand to help keep them at bay 💪 but we will see how things go til the end.

Other than telling you all to have a kick ass week, this about wraps up this update......soo..... Have a kick ass week everyone and I'm excited to see how everyones girls are doing 🤘😎🤘.

Genetics - Milky Way F1 auto flower by @Royal Queen Seeds .

Nutrients - @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom and Veg dry top dress pellets. With the help of "grow big" liquid nutrients by Fox farms for a quick pick me up if needed

Light- P1000 100w full spectrum LED by @ViparSpectra currently at %100, 12" from canopy.

Pots- 3 gallon fabric pots.

Medium- Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil with %20 perlite added for aeration.

Air flow - 10" A6 oscillating fan by @VIVOSUN , 8" stationary fan, 6" intake fan, and a 4" constant inline fan for exhaust.

Indoor/outdoor - indoors in a 2x4x5 mylar grow tent.

Humidity control- RoseKM 2L cool air humidifier.

Water- tap water left to sit open for 24+ hours, and watering about every 4-5 days.

Goooooooood team guyz :headbanger:

Happy Tuesday everyone, hope the weekend went well and hope the week has started off on the better side 😌.

We have entered full flower, and miss Milky Way is pushing fuzzy tops all over....kinda looking like I'm breeding baby guy fieri's over here 😅.

But all jokes aside she's going full swing and more bud zones are showing every other day. I will try to tuck some of the upper leaves blocking lower zones later this afternoon when I'm home from work, if I cannot tuck them I'll do a very small amount of clipping.....I hate cutting but if it is in the way it must go.

As you can see in the two photos the node spacing is short and I have some action happening....so I definitely need to get light and air to those so we don't end up with tiny nonsense large buds.

She was fed with just short of a half a cup of @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom and took about 2L of water to fully saturate the soil. As I mentioned before with the watering with sand, the heavy food pellets sink below the sand and the light bits such as bark, some perlite, tiny sticks/twigs/soil mass float to the top which allows for sifting when dry (will do later this afternoon as well)

I've checked the plants and sticky traps daily for insect presence and I'm still good! The same two fungi's gnats that were on the trap the day I put them into the grow area are the only ones there.....so I'm even more confident in the ability of the sand to help keep them at bay 💪 but we will see how things go til the end.

Other than telling you all to have a kick ass week, this about wraps up this update......soo..... Have a kick ass week everyone and I'm excited to see how everyones girls are doing 🤘😎🤘.

Nutrients - @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom and Veg dry top dress pellets. With the help of "grow big" liquid nutrients by Fox farms for a quick pick me up if needed

Light- P1000 100w full spectrum LED by @ViparSpectra currently at %100, 12" from canopy.

Air flow - 10" A6 oscillating fan by @VIVOSUN , 8" stationary fan, 6" intake fan, and a 4" constant inline fan for exhaust.

Water- tap water left to sit open for 24+ hours, and watering about every 4-5 days.

I had to triple check....it's Tuesday here. I looked again and you had edited to reflect that. 😆

Flower power up and at em'!

Wow Happy!! Damn growmie!! Show it up!!
She's got some amazing head!
💚💚💚
:lot-o-toke::drool::love::bravo:

I had to triple check....it's Tuesday here. I looked again and you had edited to reflect that. 😆

Flower power up and at em'!
After I posted I looked and was like oh yea I started an update yesterday and said fug it 😂 I only got the bold and first line typed.

Wow Happy!! Damn growmie!! Show it up!!
She's got some amazing head!
💚💚💚
:lot-o-toke::drool::love::bravo:
Thankz jiggi 😉 gotta keep the show rolling over here.....she's not giving me much of a choice in the matter though 😂

Wow. Can’t believe they are flowering already!
Looking good though!
I forgot to spray the seedlings last night, hopefully they aren’t too upset when I get to it tonight

Logo darker text.jpg

Weekly Update: Tabletop Auto Grow
@SeedsMan and @Sweet Seeds @ViparSpectra
Screenshot (13) copy.png

The plants are five weeks old today. They all sprouted on the same day, with a slight lag in the Red Mimosa XL auto. That plant has remained diminutive and as such has not been given pride of place under the lights. According to the DLI charts, the light intensity is still within the desired range for an auto plant at this stage of growth.

The lights remain at 75 % intensity are giving me good coverage.

Watering has been a breeze. I am still high on Gee64's ol-lady-squeeze-test for the soil moisture at up-potting, because the plants have not needed much water at all up to the five week mark. Now that they are flowering they will want more frequent watering and I am monitoring that with the bamboo skewer method. When the skewers come out bone dry I feed with a solution of fish ferts and microbes to begin with, and then only the fish ferts solution going forward.

I top dressed at the right time it seems, because the plants remain consistently green and healthy.

I noticed some gnats on the Red Mimosa, and I dosed the plant with a root drench of Beauveria Bassiana and sprinkled DE on the surface to shred them as they try to escape. I sprinkled the Blueberry surface with DE too. That was two days ago and seems to have taken care of the buggers.

I don't know if I explained in my introductory post that I am using living organic soil that I rebuilt. I am beyond happy with the results. This is my first time using my own rebuilt soil. I want to add that all I have learnt about living organic soil has taken place in the Gee Spot, Gee64's perpetual thread. The Gee Spot can only be described as a gathering of some of the most erudite organic growers online in the world today. No exaggeration. If you have an interest in organics, that is the coolest place to hang out.

Blueberry Auto, left and Red Mimosa XL Auto, right. The third plant is not in the girlz vs boyz grow.

Thank you for looking and have an awesome Thursday!

Logo darker text.jpg

Weekly Update: Tabletop Auto Grow
@SeedsMan and @Sweet Seeds @ViparSpectra
Screenshot (13) copy.png

The plants are five weeks old today. They all sprouted on the same day, with a slight lag in the Red Mimosa XL auto. That plant has remained diminutive and as such has not been given pride of place under the lights. According to the DLI charts, the light intensity is still within the desired range for an auto plant at this stage of growth.

The lights remain at 75 % intensity are giving me good coverage.

Watering has been a breeze. I am still high on Gee64's ol-lady-squeeze-test for the soil moisture at up-potting, because the plants have not needed much water at all up to the five week mark. Now that they are flowering they will want more frequent watering and I am monitoring that with the bamboo skewer method. When the skewers come out bone dry I feed with a solution of fish ferts and microbes to begin with, and then only the fish ferts solution going forward.

I top dressed at the right time it seems, because the plants remain consistently green and healthy.

I noticed some gnats on the Red Mimosa, and I dosed the plant with a root drench of Beauveria Bassiana and sprinkled DE on the surface to shred them as they try to escape. I sprinkled the Blueberry surface with DE too. That was two days ago and seems to have taken care of the buggers.

I don't know if I explained in my introductory post that I am using living organic soil that I rebuilt. I am beyond happy with the results. This is my first time using my own rebuilt soil. I want to add that all I have learnt about living organic soil has taken place in the Gee Spot, Gee64's perpetual thread. The Gee Spot can only be described as a gathering of some of the most erudite organic growers online in the world today. No exaggeration. If you have an interest in organics, that is the coolest place to hang out.

Blueberry Auto, left and Red Mimosa XL Auto, right. The third plant is not in the girlz vs boyz grow.

Thank you for looking and have an awesome Thursday!
Beautiful ladies miss ray 😁 and good work on the pests, 2 days to take them out is quick . I may take a gander over at gee's thread to see what the soil is about.... Could help save some cash in the future recycling my soil.

Back
Top Bottom