Beauty vs. Brawn - A Multi Strain Multi Sponsor Grow Off For Bragging Rights

DAY 19 MILKY WAY F1 AUTO.

Happy hump day guys and galz, were half way through this hot week and I hope it's going by smooth. All is good on my end, just getting work done early each day to get out before it gets to hot and unbearable....and then making daily beach trips 😉⛱️.

Any how little milky way has decided to "get serious" ( @Grand Daddy Black ) and has done some over night growing 😁💪.
IMG_20240618_211522153_HDR.jpg

Since the last update two days ago, she has grown quite a bit and has good starter number of colas 🤩.
GridArt_20240618_213352716~2.jpg

I will be doing some training later today when I am home from work, so there will be a second part to the "update" 😅. .... I know I know I could wait and do it all in one post but this is how I roll.....so deal with it..... plus I was happy about the expedited growth and didn't want to wait to share 😅.

Temperature and humidity are pretty much the same low to mid 80's with humidity typically between 50-55%, however due to the muggy heat we have I've been a little close to 60% (58%) which isn't bad just means I don't have to run my humidifier 😁.
IMG_20240618_211515375_HDR.jpg

That about wraps up this update. I hope you all have a kick ass morning and good rest of your week. Can't wait to see the updates from the crews :headbanger: :headbanger: .

Light - @ViparSpectra P1000 100w @60%

Genetics - Milky Way F1 auto flower by @Royal Queen Seeds

Nutrients - @GeoFlora Nutrients Veg and Bloom combo with fox farms grow big as needed for a more immediate nutrient supply.

Indoors/outdoors- indoors in a 2x4x5 tent.

Medium- Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil %20 perlite.

Circulation - 4" inline single speed fan ducted outside. 10" A6 oscillating fan by @VIVOSUN , and two small fans 6" and 8" .

Water- tap water with lid left off. Taking roughly 2L of water each time with about 4 days of wet cycle in between.

GridArt_20240509_173710095~2.jpg

Week 3 Update

Screenshot (1181) copy.png

Greetings.
I have spent my last few auto grows battling soil, light and watering issues. This grow I am attempting to apply new knowledge learnt from @Gee64 in his Gee Spot, organics thread, and dial the grow in. So far so good. The greatest lesson I have learnt so far in this grow is how to prepare a fabric los pot with sufficient moisture for the first three weeks of growth. I mentioned this earlier in this thread. Gee advised us to uniformly moisten the soil to the point at which you can squeeze moisture from it without it dripping. This has worked perfectly for my plants this run. Thank you Gee!

I am also learning about light as I go and making PPFD adjustments to maintain optimal DLI.

Thanks for looking and have an awesome day.
Logo darker text.jpg

Week 3 Update

Greetings.
I have spent my last few auto grows battling soil, light and watering issues. This grow I am attempting to apply new knowledge learnt from @Gee64 in his Gee Spot, organics thread, and dial the grow in. So far so good. The greatest lesson I have learnt so far in this grow is how to prepare a fabric los pot with sufficient moisture for the first three weeks of growth. I mentioned this earlier in this thread. Gee advised us to uniformly moisten the soil to the point at which you can squeeze moisture from it without it dripping. This has worked perfectly for my plants this run. Thank you Gee!

I am also learning about light as I go and making PPFD adjustments to maintain optimal DLI.

Logo darker text.jpg
The squeeze test was taught to me by a sweet old Lady who also straightened out my cloning game. And she had cookies🥰.

I'm glad it worked well for you Carmen👍🥰👊!

Correct moisture eliminates a lot of problems when growing in LOS. Microbes require a lot of air, you only want aerobic ones, not the anaerobic ones that spread detriment.

Water and air share the same space in soil, so too much water automatically means not enough air.

I think I was duped tho!🤣🤣🤣 I didn't know you would use my advice for evil! Beating up us poor boys🤣🤣🤣

They look really happy. 😊😍👊

The squeeze test was taught to me by a sweet old Lady who also straightened out my cloning game. And she had cookies🥰.

I'm glad it worked well for you Carmen👍🥰👊!

Correct moisture eliminates a lot of problems when growing in LOS. Microbes require a lot of air, you only want aerobic ones, not the anaerobic ones that spread detriment.

Water and air share the same space in soil, so too much water automatically means not enough air.

I think I was duped tho!🤣🤣🤣 I didn't know you would use my advice for evil! Beating up us poor boys🤣🤣🤣

They look really happy. 😊😍👊
Thank you! I like that a sweet old lady taught you the soil moisture test and cloning!
Yes yes yes, the boys better watch out 🤣

DAY 19 MILKY WAY F1 AUTO.

Happy hump day guys and galz, were half way through this hot week and I hope it's going by smooth. All is good on my end, just getting work done early each day to get out before it gets to hot and unbearable....and then making daily beach trips 😉⛱️.

Any how little milky way has decided to "get serious" ( @Grand Daddy Black ) and has done some over night growing 😁💪.
IMG_20240618_211522153_HDR.jpg

Since the last update two days ago, she has grown quite a bit and has good starter number of colas 🤩.
GridArt_20240618_213352716~2.jpg

I will be doing some training later today when I am home from work, so there will be a second part to the "update" 😅. .... I know I know I could wait and do it all in one post but this is how I roll.....so deal with it..... plus I was happy about the expedited growth and didn't want to wait to share 😅.

Temperature and humidity are pretty much the same low to mid 80's with humidity typically between 50-55%, however due to the muggy heat we have I've been a little close to 60% (58%) which isn't bad just means I don't have to run my humidifier 😁.
IMG_20240618_211515375_HDR.jpg

That about wraps up this update. I hope you all have a kick ass morning and good rest of your week. Can't wait to see the updates from the crews :headbanger: :headbanger: .

Light - @ViparSpectra P1000 100w @60%

Genetics - Milky Way F1 auto flower by @Royal Queen Seeds

Nutrients - @GeoFlora Nutrients Veg and Bloom combo with fox farms grow big as needed for a more immediate nutrient supply.

Indoors/outdoors- indoors in a 2x4x5 tent.

Medium- Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil %20 perlite.

Circulation - 4" inline single speed fan ducted outside. 10" A6 oscillating fan by @VIVOSUN , and two small fans 6" and 8" .

Water- tap water with lid left off. Taking roughly 2L of water each time with about 4 days of wet cycle in between.

DAY 20 MILKY WAY F1 AUTO.

Hey all just a quickie update showing some training . The biggest fan leaves were bent down under the new shoots, which were also used to prop them in the position I wanted them in. Opened her up fairly nice and should see some new under growth shortly 😁.

IMG_20240620_100214577_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240620_100228379_HDR.jpg

Week 3 Update

Greetings.

Logo darker text.jpg
Beautiful color on the bottom baby Carmen 😁

Update!
We have tails!
I was a bit worried, I came home after putting them in paper towels to find them dry as a bone. After re wetting, and a little waiting, we have tails.
Popped em into the solos last night so I should
Have an introduction post coming shortly

IMG_3528.jpeg

Update!
We have tails!
I was a bit worried, I came home after putting them in paper towels to find them dry as a bone. After re wetting, and a little waiting, we have tails.
Popped em into th
Wooop Woop let's get it goin :high-five:

DAY 22 MILKY WAY F1 AUTO.

Hi all happy Saturday 🥳 I hope the weekend is off to a fantastic start for everyone. Mine is well so far and with beautiful (hot) weather😌.....I cannot complain.

Onto miss Milky Way by @Royal Queen Seeds . For starters she's still just growing literally like a weed, every day....sometimes twice a day I see noticable growth in both height and width. Her canopy is 11" in diameter and total height from top of sand ( I'll get to this later) is 10". I'll be keeping track of her over all growth from this point on, and she should be entering flower anytime now....no rush she can veg as long as she is comfortable with.👍
IMG_20240622_130236528_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240622_130223593_HDR.jpg

The tucking method I'm using for training is working very well. I have not had to cut/remove anything other than the main cola when I topped. And conveniently enough she's holding her own without needing additional ties or anything for now....I know once the flower stretch starts it'll be a different story. But for now it's enough and she is developing a bunch of new inner bud zones.....can't ask for to much more. 👍
IMG_20240622_132617786_HDR.jpg

Moving on to the sand, as stated in my introduction I would be utilizing garden sand as a top cover to help combat fruit fly life cycle. After some reading online in multiple spots I read that a thin layer of sand on top of soil helps disrupt top soil breeding insects life cycle due to sand quickly drying and being an un ideal place to lay eggs. I tried this with two other plants that are out side and had fruit flys, and it seems to be working very well. I haven't seen to many insects in general on them but still, they had fruit flys and now do not 🤷‍♂️😅. So it is now utilized indoors and so far so good with the deterring. Also for monitoring purposes I have put a single sticky trap in the pot to keep an eye on how many if any flys are present...... So far it has caught 2.

Other than a quick check over and photo shoot nothing else has been done......even the temperature and humidity have been completely stable with a now constant 80°f/ 26.6°c and 60% give or take .2% humidity levels... So haven't had to adjust anything there either 😅.... This is just a simple grow so far ( knocks on wood) and I couldn't ask for more !👍

Sooooo have a kick ass weekend and catchbyou guys on the next update :headbanger:

GO TEAM :cheer::morenutes::cheer:

Update: The Barney's Farm Girls Day 18-ish

All of the girls are in 5 gallon fabric pots and temporarily under an old Mars Hydro LED until the ongoing grow is cleared out. Should be no more than a week or so.

I've had to give a shot of cal/mag with their water already, there are couple of rust spots on one of Whoopies leaves.

Rita first. Gorilla Zkittelz #1 She has been topped and in training already:

Whoopie Mimosa EVO #1

Lucille Gorilla Zkittlez #2

Gilda Mimosa EVO #2

GO TEAM GIRLZ!

Moving on to the sand, as stated in my introduction I would be utilizing garden sand as a top cover to help combat fruit fly life cycle. After some reading online in multiple spots I read that a thin layer of sand on top of soil helps disrupt top soil breeding insects life cycle due to sand quickly drying and being an un ideal place to lay eggs. I tried this with two other plants that are out side and had fruit flys, and it seems to be working very well. I haven't seen to many insects in general on them but still, they had fruit flys and now do not 🤷‍♂️😅. So it is now utilized indoors and so far so good with the deterring. Also for monitoring purposes I have put a single sticky trap in the pot to keep an eye on how many if any flys are present...... So far it has caught 2.
Thanks! Good to know! I had fruit flies a few years back and they drove me nuts! Crazy little B's! Sand is the answer!

Update: The Barney's Farm Girls Day 18-ish

All of the girls are in 5 gallon fabric pots and temporarily under an old Mars Hydro LED until the ongoing grow is cleared out. Should be no more than a week or so.

I've had to give a shot of cal/mag with their water already, there are couple of rust spots on one of Whoopies leaves.

Rita first. Gorilla Zkittelz #1 She has been topped and in training already:

Whoopie Mimosa EVO #1

Lucille Gorilla Zkittlez #2

Gilda Mimosa EVO #2

GO TEAM GIRLZ!
Gilda is definitely a good looking lady 😁

Thanks! Good to know! I had fruit flies a few years back and they drove me nuts! Crazy little B's! Sand is the answer!
So far so good with it... Some lighter debris floats up through the sand but it's easy to sift off.

And it does add quite a decorative touch to the aesthetic of the grow 😌😅

Back
Top Bottom