Beauty vs. Brawn - A Multi Strain Multi Sponsor Grow Off For Bragging Rights

Woohoo!

Looking great Happy! Your flowers seem to be ahead of mine with pistils already turning brown. I hope you get your deficiency sorted quickly!
Thank you Carmen, the deficiencies are slightly annoying but they are not bothering me to much.... I'm having extra issues this grow as I'm in a bigger pot than I'm used to growing in.....so everything is off 😅, I'll definitely be using 2 gallon for the banana blaze next lol.

Hey grow stars, I gotta question, mostly just curious about something..could this maybe be related to the lights by chance? I've moved them up as much as possible..I'm no kobi so it's a bit of a stretch to reach the ceiling to install hooks...I'm almost 100% that most of my home is asbestos, which makes me wary of putting new holes anywhere.
17213930987492679437791800859963.jpg

"..and then what happened..?"

Probably need to get my hands on some cloning gel or powder stuff..meet the twin duo, baby Rita's...what's better than 1 Delicious Candy? 3 Delicious Candies!!!!
I honestly figured these would be dumpster babies by now. I've just been keeping the water fresh for all week and there's no root shoots yet. However they went into the water cup right away after topping Queen Rita. They really haven't dropped or anything since. Not anything concerning. Its just an experiment. Thought I'd share with ya.
20240719_073638.jpg

17213935670844026965266757378908.jpg

Hope everyone's having a beautiful morning, enjoying coffee and whatknots that help get the day started right.
💚💚💚
:blunt:

Hey grow stars, I gotta question, mostly just curious about something..could this maybe be related to the lights by chance? I've moved them up as much as possible..I'm no kobi so it's a bit of a stretch to reach the ceiling to install hooks...I'm almost 100% that most of my home is asbestos, which makes me wary of putting new holes anywhere.

Probably need to get my hands on some cloning gel or powder stuff..meet the twin duo, baby Rita's...what's better than 1 Delicious Candy? 3 Delicious Candies!!!!
I honestly figured these would be dumpster babies by now. I've just been keeping the water fresh for all week and there's no root shoots yet. However they went into the water cup right away after topping Queen Rita. They really haven't dropped or anything since. Not anything concerning. Its just an experiment. Thought I'd share with ya.
20240719_073638.jpg

Hope everyone's having a beautiful morning, enjoying coffee and whatknots that help get the day started right.
💚💚💚
You just reminded me to go check the ones I put in water a few weeks ago. Hoping to see some roots...just because. LOL
AND, a favorite episode of "Family Guy":

Hey @JiggiLotus
Here's my rooting on some cuttings from a plant in flower. I can't even remember how many weeks or what plant these are from, I just threw them in the jar and kept water in it. It's been at least 4 weeks, I'm sure. They have been sitting out on the deck in between some herbs for cooking. Lots of roots, and it did gather a little algae color. I'm going to plant them in some used pots and soil from the recent harvests and just throw them outside on the deck for reveg to see what they do. I've done this years ago and it was a wild crazy looking plant, and I believe I got some pretty good buds in the end.
I did not use any kind of rooting hormone, just rainwater.

.I'm almost 100% that most of my home is asbestos, which makes me wary of putting new holes anywhere.
Hi Jiggi, if you're uncertain about asbestos, keep a can of paint close by when you do anything(masked) to disturb it, then seal it back up with the paint and it'll be as safe as it was before or safer. Maybe second coat it later.

Here’s the second part of my last update:
They have been topped, quadlined and up potted.
And right on que, my wrinkled leaves that look like overwatering but I’m convinced it’s under watering… whatever. Doesn’t matter.
Once they hit the sip, veg explodes regardless so, I just gotta keep em green… lol
I figured the up pot will buy me another week or two to get the flower tent freed up. Then we will get this grow rolling.
Added a pic of one of my banana jealousy leaves. I’m hoping these birds get just as dark.

IMG_3588.jpeg

IMG_3587.jpeg

IMG_3586.jpeg

IMG_3589.jpeg

Hey @JiggiLotus
Here's my rooting on some cuttings from a plant in flower. I can't even remember how many weeks or what plant these are from, I just threw them in the jar and kept water in it. It's been at least 4 weeks, I'm sure. They have been sitting out on the deck in between some herbs for cooking. Lots of roots, and it did gather a little algae color. I'm going to plant them in some used pots and soil from the recent harvests and just throw them outside on the deck for reveg to see what they do. I've done this years ago and it was a wild crazy looking plant, and I believe I got some pretty good buds in the end.
I did not use any kind of rooting hormone, just rainwater.

They look elegant.
You always take great pics.

That's where I might've gone wrong, I didn't leave no legs on these. They're still thriving, so as long as they're gold I'm glitter. 🪩
:passitleft:

Hi Jiggi, if you're uncertain about asbestos, keep a can of paint close by when you do anything(masked) to disturb it, then seal it back up with the paint and it'll be as safe as it was before or safer. Maybe second coat it later.
Definitely better safe that dying. Lol
Yeah so the attic is lined with vermiculite which I'm unsure if it's original from the 1930s or replaced somewhere in its days. So I stopped adventuring up there, didn't wanna risk kickin up dust. Vermiculite that isn't asbestos is dangerous as is already fuck. Fuck yeah I love wearing masks..idky..I've got a few gas masks, swat mask, I was given a roll of 100% unbleached organic cotton from 1901!! As well as a basket of unopened J&J facial masks like for healthcare workers. The 4 strings! Comfy too. Give a girl a sewing machine and a purpose and she earns a talent badge. 🎶 I was trying to sing along but then I got high..🎶 thanks for that paint can tip 🙏🏻 keep the fibers sealed. ✅

They look elegant.
You always take great pics.

That's where I might've gone wrong, I didn't leave no legs on these. They're still thriving, so as long as they're gold I'm glitter. 🪩
:passitleft:
Thanks Jiggi. :)

Don't give up, believe it or not, I've actually obtained roots on cuttings as short as a couple inches. I very lightly scrape the stem, then chances are pretty good, and even better if there is a node to scrape a bit. Once you cut them, get them in water immediately and make sure the cut is at an angle and clean. If they are still living, you still have a chance. These last ones took a few weeks.
Looking forward to your success. :)

Here’s the second part of my last update:
They have been topped, quadlined and up potted.
And right on que, my wrinkled leaves that look like overwatering but I’m convinced it’s under watering… whatever. Doesn’t matter.
Once they hit the sip, veg explodes regardless so, I just gotta keep em green… lol
I figured the up pot will buy me another week or two to get the flower tent freed up. Then we will get this grow rolling.
Added a pic of one of my banana jealousy leaves. I’m hoping these birds get just as dark.

IMG_3588.jpeg

IMG_3587.jpeg

IMG_3586.jpeg

IMG_3589.jpeg

Okay you've gone from Talent Scout to Agent. Stars are born! 💞 💞

I've been busy with Lucille.
First, I super cropped that Boo-Boo branch because trying to pull it down was putting stress on it. It was just too tall, and keeping an even canopy would be difficult with that. I may have to do it again, it might bounce back up. They do that chit. ;-)

Second, I'm experimenting with wrapping the outer main branches around the pot in a sort of wreath effect using bamboo sticks and skewers to hold each branch curved and down. Once the tops reach the next wrapped branch I will allow them to grow upward. What I'm hoping is that all of those secondary branches that might have been hidden will remain exposed and have more colas. Well...besides I think it will look kinda cool. LOL

Super Cropped Boo-Boo branch:

Wreath Wrap:

And for this evenings' entertainment. A classic Donna Summer hit. The long version. She was my fav back in the day:

GO TEAM GIRLZ!

20240719_073638.jpg

💚💚💚
I meant to also tell you to put more water in there. Don't assume roots only grow out where you cut it, they can grow out anywhere along that stem, even where leaves have been cut off. ;-)

Heyas!
Not much to report but, they seemed to have recovered from the stress of up potting, topping, and quad lining, all in one go. Betty’s leaves are wrinkled but, Joan’s aren’t. Joan was also quite a bit darker pre op than she is now. I may be looking at two different phenos again which, is fine by me. I like variety.
Regardless, they seem to be doing good.
The tenants in my flower tent are about 3 weeks overdue on rent and will be getting booted soon.
Here’s a little close up of the quad

IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_3599.jpeg

Heyas!
Not much to report but, they seemed to have recovered from the stress of up potting, topping, and quad lining, all in one go. Betty’s leaves are wrinkled but, Joan’s aren’t. Joan was also quite a bit darker pre op than she is now. I may be looking at two different phenos again which, is fine by me. I like variety.
Regardless, they seem to be doing good.
The tenants in my flower tent are about 3 weeks overdue on rent and will be getting booted soon.
Here’s a little close up of the quad

IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_3599.jpeg
Looking good Old Doggy. She's gonna have sexy legs...errr.....leg. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DAY 55 MILKY WAY F1 AUTO.
DAY 30 IN FLOWER.

Hey all 👋 👋 Happy hump day 🐫🐪🐫. We're almost through the week ,and so far it's been fairly easy going 😁 . Hopefully yours is going just as smooth.

Alright it's been 7 days since I have posted and has been 7 days since I have given her any nutrients or other. Here she is today.
IMG_20240724_135137214_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240724_134946713_HDR.jpg

So she's still plugging along swelling, stacking, etc.... but I have unsightly leaves 😂. So I believe I have narrowed down the root cause to the discoloration of the leaves..... Nutrient burn 🤦‍♂️
IMG_20240724_141235347_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240724_141205177_HDR.jpg

So this is what prompted the refrain from anything further. So I'm going to let her rock out until she starts to ask for something, and only give water .... Maybe a dash of Cal-mag if needed. I considered doing a full wash(flush) of the soil....but then I would have to re-ammend the soil adding more nutes 😅 sounds dumb so I opted against it. This grow has been a learning curve everything has been a little off her or there.... I'm thinking it's the pot size..... Or I'm just messing up left and right 😂 which I don't think to be the issue as all three of my other plants are beautiful, no issues lol.....so again bigger unfamiliar pot size... Nutrient amount and water amount different.... Dry time...etc... few hick ups but I'm learning 😁.

Ok enough of the negatives let's get into the budzzzzz... Each day she is getting bigger slowly but surely. The pistils are darkening just as quick as new ones are showing. More orange than white on some of the colas but she's still throwing them out. I've trimmed a couple small fans to open up some of the groupings, I found a couple that were completely hidden 😅....like "oh sh*t check that out!" Lol. Which is a good surprise another nug! So far so good with miss Milky Way I'm happy, I will prolly be retrying this strain in a familiar pot size and schedule that I'm used to and see what she can really do. Ok. Ok enough babbling on to more pics.
IMG_20240724_134954985_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240724_135016721_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240724_135105636_HDR.jpg

I'm guessing I still have 2-3 weeks left give or take.... So I'll be starting my banana blaze start of next week just to keep things flowing.

That wraps up this update, take care and have a great rest of your week :headbanger:

GROW SPECS:

Genetics - MILKY WAY F1 AUTO flower by @Royal Queen Seeds .

Indoors/outdoors - indoors in a 2x4x5 mylar grow tent.

Medium- Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil with perlite added.

Lights- P1000 100w led by @ViparSpectra on 12/12 schedule @ 100%

Nutrients- Veg and Bloom combo by @GeoFlora Nutrients , along with bush doctor Cal-mag, Bud candy, and grow big.

Air flow- 10" A6 oscillating fan by @VIVOSUN , 8" stationary fan, and 4" inline constant single speed exhaust fan.

Humidity - RoseKM 2L cool mist humidifier. Not being used currently as the humidity has been consistent.

Pots- 3 gallon fabric pot.

Temperature- 80°f - 82°f / 26.6°c - 27.7°c

Humidity- 50% constant with little to no variation.

Issues/pests - old damage from Cal-mag deficiency, along with now current presumed nutrient burn from feeding to soon while using a "bud booster" to soon together. But no insect or critter problems...thank the green Godz.

:headbanger:GO TEAM GUYZ:headbanger:
GridArt_20240509_173710095~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom