Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Just wanted to say congrats on the move and flip! It definitely looks hungry so bumping the MC is a good idea. Homer Simpson is feeding 7.2g/gallon in late flower with no leaf damage (or supplements) so that might be a general target now. Also, their PPM numbers don't correlate to our PPM meters, so don't try to compare that way.

Hey professor I got a question.
How do I know when to start the flush? I hear it's a 2 week process but how do I tell when to start.
Second link in my sig that says #noflushclub is a pdf of a scientific study that showed there it is scientifically impossible to flush nutrients from buds. They used plants in hydro with no nutes for 2 weeks in their study. Nutes or no nutes, the bud contents were the same.
InTheShed has a couple links to the info in his signature
Indeed I do...countering bro-science whenever I can!
signal her to use her stores
Your plant can only get mobile nutrients from the leaves. Immobile nutes need be taken up through the roots.

Just wanted to say congrats on the move and flip! It definitely looks hungry so bumping the MC is a good idea. Homer Simpson is feeding 7.2g/gallon in late flower with no leaf damage (or supplements) so that might be a general target now. Also, their PPM numbers don't correlate to our PPM meters, so don't try to compare that way.
Thanks Shed. I'll get the hang of this stuff eventually. I quite like it so far and it seems to be working well with this soil. On the next 2 I'll use this combo from the start. Note taken with the PPM meters. I have checked PPM with every mix but I've not adjusted it because of its tricky nature. It always seemed a little low so it was tempting to add more to the solution. The plants seem happy with what they're getting though so I must be close
Have you found a listed % for CBD on the GZ? I see it's 24% THC.
Sorry VG but I have not. I'll see if I can though

Well the new seeds have been comfirmed and this is what should be turning up soon....

PURPLE PUNCH™ Cannabis Seeds
PURPLE PUNCH™ ... Barney’s Farm continues to bring you awe-inspiring genetics from around the globe with another USA west coast powerhouse of a strain PURPLE PUNCH™. The delicate fusing of its Indica dominant parents Larry OG x Granddaddy Purple has provided a real tantalising gem. The exquisite smooth sensual tastes of Baked Apple Pie with cloves glazed with caramelised blueberry and cherries blend perfectly with the sedative calming effects that PURPLE PUNCH™ oozes. Expect a Short stocky plant with numerous astonishing trichome laden, high yielding branches just dripping with resin tested at 25% THC. This plant has a serious genetic steroid issue!!! It will flower in 50-60- days, reach 1.5M outdoors and produce up to 2kg

SHISKABERRY™ Cannabis Seeds
Getting our SHISKABERRY™ strain to this stage has been a complex work in progress for years and we are delighted to finally introduce this unique and wonderful strain to our catalog. SHISKABERRY™ is a unique experience. Her pungent earthy, spicy notes leave a memorable, delicious aftertaste. Her beautiful berry scent will submerse you in a deeper dimension of delight and insight, SHISKABERRY™ is one stunning Indica who will put you where you need to be and keep you there. She may loosen your tongue, then make you happy, before giving you a full body relaxing massage. Who could ask for more? Expect flowering indoors to be 8-9 weeks with a large yield. Outdoors SHISKABERRY™ can grow up to 1.2 meters, with stretched preflowering can deliver up to 2kg of super quality flowers. A dry climate is preferable.

AYAHUASCA PURPLE™ Cannabis Seeds
The Farm received a gift of these Red River Delta seeds some years ago. When grown out these incredibly beautiful purple and ruby red plants were a revelation. We then crossed it with our Master Kush and created the perfect strain.

The wide fan leaves and short heavyset structure carry colossal dense buds that will need support in the final week of flowering. This strain has a rich hazelnut and papaya aroma and creates a heavenly relaxing and satisfying effect.

VANILLA KUSH™ Cannabis Seeds
VANILLA KUSH™ combines a fast flowering Afghan strain with the unique Kashmir seeds collected by Barneys in the mid-1980s. VANILLA KUSH™ marries the Indica strength of the best Afghani genetics with the high mountain aromas of the Kashmir valley.

VANILLA KUSH™ grows to a medium height with bushy side branches. These give healthy yields of dense colas, covered with beautiful red and gold calyx. The flowers then cure to produce magnificent buds that encapsulate the scent of wild vanilla and pine. The result is a strong, long lasting and relaxing high.

There you go. Sounds like fun to me. I know some of you wanted to see the Glookies but there's a reason I didn't do that one this time. Basically it's because I have a few Cookies strains going at the moment and I've already got a Gorilla Glue cross plus one that I've just harvested. I simply didn't feel like having another GG or GSC cross at the moment. However this thread is far from over and I'm sure we'll see it before the year is through. The Purple Punch was going to happen as I've been wanting to do one of those for some time. I've got a thing for purple lol. It's a similar story with the Ayahuasca Purple. It just sounds great and has some awesome reviews. The Vanilla Kush was one that Mrs Flora has wanted me to grow again. I grew it out years ago and was really impressed with almost everything about it. It's one of her favourites and I thought I'd surprise her with it. Points for me lol. Well that's that. I'll be back shortly with today's updates. Quick spoiler....everything's looking good

Happy growing everyone :)

:passitleft:

Well the new seeds have been comfirmed and this is what should be turning up soon....

PURPLE PUNCH™ ... Barney’s Farm continues to bring you awe-inspiring genetics from around the globe with another USA west coast powerhouse of a strain PURPLE PUNCH™. The delicate fusing of its Indica dominant parents Larry OG x Granddaddy Purple has provided a real tantalising gem. The exquisite smooth sensual tastes of Baked Apple Pie with cloves glazed with caramelised blueberry and cherries blend perfectly with the sedative calming effects that PURPLE PUNCH™ oozes. Expect a Short stocky plant with numerous astonishing trichome laden, high yielding branches just dripping with resin tested at 25% THC. This plant has a serious genetic steroid issue!!! It will flower in 50-60- days, reach 1.5M outdoors and produce up to 2kg

Getting our SHISKABERRY™ strain to this stage has been a complex work in progress for years and we are delighted to finally introduce this unique and wonderful strain to our catalog. SHISKABERRY™ is a unique experience. Her pungent earthy, spicy notes leave a memorable, delicious aftertaste. Her beautiful berry scent will submerse you in a deeper dimension of delight and insight, SHISKABERRY™ is one stunning Indica who will put you where you need to be and keep you there. She may loosen your tongue, then make you happy, before giving you a full body relaxing massage. Who could ask for more? Expect flowering indoors to be 8-9 weeks with a large yield. Outdoors SHISKABERRY™ can grow up to 1.2 meters, with stretched preflowering can deliver up to 2kg of super quality flowers. A dry climate is preferable.

The Farm received a gift of these Red River Delta seeds some years ago. When grown out these incredibly beautiful purple and ruby red plants were a revelation. We then crossed it with our Master Kush and created the perfect strain.

The wide fan leaves and short heavyset structure carry colossal dense buds that will need support in the final week of flowering. This strain has a rich hazelnut and papaya aroma and creates a heavenly relaxing and satisfying effect.

VANILLA KUSH™ combines a fast flowering Afghan strain with the unique Kashmir seeds collected by Barneys in the mid-1980s. VANILLA KUSH™ marries the Indica strength of the best Afghani genetics with the high mountain aromas of the Kashmir valley.

VANILLA KUSH™ grows to a medium height with bushy side branches. These give healthy yields of dense colas, covered with beautiful red and gold calyx. The flowers then cure to produce magnificent buds that encapsulate the scent of wild vanilla and pine. The result is a strong, long lasting and relaxing high.

There you go. Sounds like fun to me. I know some of you wanted to see the Glookies but there's a reason I didn't do that one this time. Basically it's because I have a few Cookies strains going at the moment and I've already got a Gorilla Glue cross plus one that I've just harvested. I simply didn't feel like having another GG or GSC cross at the moment. However this thread is far from over and I'm sure we'll see it before the year is through. The Purple Punch was going to happen as I've been wanting to do one of those for some time. I've got a thing for purple lol. It's a similar story with the Ayahuasca Purple. It just sounds great and has some awesome reviews. The Vanilla Kush was one that Mrs Flora has wanted me to grow again. I grew it out years ago and was really impressed with almost everything about it. It's one of her favourites and I thought I'd surprise her with it. Points for me lol. Well that's that. I'll be back shortly with today's updates. Quick spoiler....everything's looking good

Excellent newbies Prof. Should see some nice hues and dusty looking buds from them. still nothing i have grow was as beautiful as the utopias dark purple i had last round. Can only imagine a dedicated purple barney/prof style. top job fella

Excellent newbies Prof. Should see some nice hues and dusty looking buds from them. still nothing i have grow was as beautiful as the utopias dark purple i had last round. Can only imagine a dedicated purple barney/prof style. top job fella
Those Utopia's looked awesome. I forgot to say why I chose the Shishkaberry over the Glookies. The reason is because it's the only new Barneys photo strain I've not seen grown yet other than the 2 recent ones of course. It's a Blueberry X Afghan cross and I'll run it next to the Purple Punch in the next soil grow. Which I think will be soon.

Prof i am proper excited to see you run these genetics! :yahoo::bongrip::nomo:

Awesome new lineup coming in Prof! Can’t wait to keep this Barney’s grow show going strong!!

....for having to put up with you! Haha late burn!!!

No, you guys are all right.
Lol. I have to put up with her as well. It's an odd relationship. We are like chalk and cheese, a stone to a breeze, Thelma and Louise....that last one didn't really work :)
Prof i am proper excited to see you run these genetics! :yahoo::bongrip::nomo:
I am too. The Purple Punch sounds even better than it looks
Awesome new lineup coming in Prof! Can’t wait to keep this Barney’s grow show going strong!!
thanks Dutch! I got so excited about these that I almost forgot that I had Blue Gelato and Strawberry Lemonade to flower first lol

Infirmary update....

I thought I'd get this one out of the way first. The Strawberry Lemonade is still standing tall and has just begun to push roots. I noticed it last night and was hoping to be able to see it a bit clearer today. Sadly it's still tiny though I did just manage to get a pic. The Blue Gelato 41 is hopefully using her energy reserves to help with the new growth. She's not looking great but the roots are coming. I'll put some nutrients back in here soon but for now all we can do is cross our fingers and hope that it's not too late for here. Personally I think it'll be fine but she is looking considerably worse every day....
ORG_DSC01108.JPG
ORG_DSC01109.JPG

Blue Gelato 41....
ORG_DSC01110.JPG
ORG_DSC01111.JPG

Strawberry lemonade....
ORG_DSC01112.JPG

For some reason I forgot to take a pic of the SL. She still looks as good as she did yesterday though

Phantom OG....

I've just watered this one and fed her 18g of MegaCrop in 10ltrs of water. I've also given her one last spray with the ISO and water mix. There's still a few thrips hanging about which I'm at war with. I don't think I'll truly win until after the end of flowering when I remove the plants from the grow room. The POG herself is looking way better than she was only a couple days ago and is noticeably growing everyday. I'm expecting this one to transition to flower quickly and I don't think it'll be long before she starts to engulf the tent. I'm still undecided about the lighting. After spending so long preparing her I don't want to lose out and not do her justice by having poor coverage. I may add to these or I may change them completely. Overall I'm still happy with what I see and expect her to start becoming a bit more exciting over next few days....
ORG_DSC01087.JPG
ORG_DSC01084.JPG
ORG_DSC01085.JPG
ORG_DSC01088.JPG
ORG_DSC01086.JPG
ORG_DSC01105.JPG
ORG_DSC01106.JPG

Back
Top Bottom