Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Plants are fantastic prof. I am going to flip my Orange Sherbert soon been in veg for 7 weeks.

20190522_181157.jpg

Picture is just before transplanted from 1 gallon fabric pots to 5 gallon fabric pots. Left them to long in the small pots because I was short on space and waiting for the other tent to be empty. Im hoping the bit of leaf droop is because of being a little root bound the root ball was soild as a rock
They look great. When mine became rootbound earlier in the grow they recovered pretty quickly after being transplanted. I think in a couple days they'll be good. It seems like the OS benefits from a slightly longer veg time. I'm really impressed with how solid the stems are. The Gorilla Zkittles and Phantom are more pliable but the OS is like wood

I'm really impressed with how solid the stems are. The Gorilla Zkittles and Phantom are more pliable but the OS is like wood

I know exactly what your talking about ya super strong stems and branches. I want to lst them a bit before I flip them into flower and those branches are very stiff.
I was also impressed by the rate of growth it kinda caught me off guard which is why they ended up in the small pots as long as they did

Phantom is flipped! Woohoo! Exciting times prof and I’m excited to see her fill out with buds!
Not quite yet Dutch. She'll be flipped tonight. At the moment she's just having a day to recover from her trim and transition into a tent with brighter lights. It'll be day 1 of flowering tomorrow. Hope you're good Dutcharoo!
:passitleft:

Hey 420! I've been having a grow room clean down today after yesterday's harvest in my other thread. I've evicted the spiders now and have sprayed all 3 tents with ISO. The POG was treated with the ISO solution one last time before I put her into flower tonight. The veg tent is now the infirmary and has been fully cleaned to the best of my ability. The cloner has been cleaned as well. I've ended the root rot problem using a slightly unorthodox method.....I cut it off. I don't just mean that I removed some more. No. I mean I have actually turned the Blue Gelato 41 and Strawberry Lemonade into actual clones lol. I cut the stems leaving an inch to go into the net pots. This'll take some time but at least I don't have root rot anymore lol. I don't actually need these 2 until one of the flowering tents has finished up so time we have. The Phantom will be given her first 12 hour dark period tonight which will initiate flowering. She's crpertain,y ready for flowering lol. There are some signs that she needs a feed starting to appear on a few of her leaves but other than that she's good to go. I did infact feed her this morning with 16g of MegaCrop in 10ltrs of water. I'd like to get some silicon to use to help raise the PH but for now I'm using baking soda. I have a support net that I'll be using for her soon but I'm giving it a wash before I put it back in the tent. The Flowering tent with the Orange Sherbert and the Gorilla Zkittles is still doing great and I've even begun to trim the OS. She's one bushy mama lol. The GZ is still growing up and I may have to raise the OS on some tiles to keep the canopy level. There are signs that the GZ is flowering but the OS is just crazy. I can't remember ever having a strain that's felt this fast. I wish I took notes more lol. It's day 14 of flower but she looks more like day 20-30. I've removed a healthy amount of leaves from her but she has plenty more. I'll take some everyday in passing to ease the workload. When the time comes to defol the GZ it'll be so easy in comparison. She has a such an easy going character and is pleasing to the eye and snips lol. Well that's about all for today. I've had a rare couple hours in the garden and it feels like I've gotton a lot done. Pics to follow

The flowering tent

You can see the size difference a little more clearly now....
ORG_DSC00979.JPG

The GZ will be trimmed as well shortly....
ORG_DSC00980.JPG

Some healthy thrip free leaves....
ORG_DSC00992.JPG

Orange Sherbert....
ORG_DSC00993.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
ORG_DSC00994.JPG

Hey 420! I've been having a grow room clean down today after yesterday's harvest in my other thread. I've evicted the spiders now and have sprayed all 3 tents with ISO. The POG was treated with the ISO solution one last time before I put her into flower tonight. The veg tent is now the infirmary and has been fully cleaned to the best of my ability. The cloner has been cleaned as well. I've ended the root rot problem using a slightly unorthodox method.....I cut it off. I don't just mean that I removed some more. No. I mean I have actually turned the Blue Gelato 41 and Strawberry Lemonade into actual clones lol. I cut the stems leaving an inch to go into the net pots. This'll take some time but at least I don't have root rot anymore lol. I don't actually need these 2 until one of the flowering tents has finished up so time we have. The Phantom will be given her first 12 hour dark period tonight which will initiate flowering. She's crpertain,y ready for flowering lol. There are some signs that she needs a feed starting to appear on a few of her leaves but other than that she's good to go. I did infact feed her this morning with 16g of MegaCrop in 10ltrs of water. I'd like to get some silicon to use to help raise the PH but for now I'm using baking soda. I have a support net that I'll be using for her soon but I'm giving it a wash before I put it back in the tent. The Flowering tent with the Orange Sherbert and the Gorilla Zkittles is still doing great and I've even begun to trim the OS. She's one bushy mama lol. The GZ is still growing up and I may have to raise the OS on some tiles to keep the canopy level. There are signs that the GZ is flowering but the OS is just crazy. I can't remember ever having a strain that's felt this fast. I wish I took notes more lol. It's day 14 of flower but she looks more like day 20-30. I've removed a healthy amount of leaves from her but she has plenty more. I'll take some everyday in passing to ease the workload. When the time comes to defol the GZ it'll be so easy in comparison. She has a such an easy going character and is pleasing to the eye and snips lol. Well that's about all for today. I've had a rare couple hours in the garden and it feels like I've gotton a lot done. Pics to follow
great update prof. some useful info for us. i know my OS is a stubby fat leaved girl too. she looks so different to the others in seedling stage
20190525_143638.jpg
Love her uniqueness. lol
seeing yours has me wondering which kids room to take over just for her now ???. lol. Might have to cage her up tight.
Others doing good now the light is there for them. even the bg41 is attempting to go upward now.
20190526_125456.jpg
20190526_125424.jpg
20190526_125409.jpg
suprising how quickly they have started skywards hopefully getting them into bigger pots friday and their 5ths will be established enough to start training .happy with their progress so far and will be journalling them soon to relieve the urge to post , post ,post without thread clogging yours.heehee. I am so glad i took the punt with these ladies now. Thanks for the inspiration and confidence boosts to get here Prof , priceless.
Love the bravery with the cloning from seed , again you set bars for people to potentially save gutting and costly failures. Everything crossed for their vigorous rooting and recovery.
peace and blessing mate

great update prof. some useful info for us. i know my OS is a stubby fat leaved girl too. she looks so different to the others in seedling stage
20190525_143638.jpg
Love her uniqueness. lol
seeing yours has me wondering which kids room to take over just for her now ???. lol. Might have to cage her up tight.
Others doing good now the light is there for them. even the bg41 is attempting to go upward now.
20190526_125456.jpg
20190526_125424.jpg
20190526_125409.jpg
suprising how quickly they have started skywards hopefully getting them into bigger pots friday and their 5ths will be established enough to start training .happy with their progress so far and will be journalling them soon to relieve the urge to post , post ,post without thread clogging yours.heehee. I am so glad i took the punt with these ladies now. Thanks for the inspiration and confidence boosts to get here Prof , priceless.
Love the bravery with the cloning from seed , again you set bars for people to potentially save gutting and costly failures. Everything crossed for their vigorous rooting and recovery.
peace and blessing mate
Looking good GG! I'm so impressed by the OS but I can't see mine stretching too much more. I've removed some more leaves today and will bend down some branches later on. Looks like I will have to raise the pot up as the GZ is still stretching well. The OS seems to be focused on flowering now. I'm not complaining lol. All 3 of the flowering plants have something good going for them. It's too early for me to give much of an opinion on the BG41 and SL but they're still alive which must be something lol. Hows life back in the sunny UK?

Looking good GG! I'm so impressed by the OS but I can't see mine stretching too much more. I've removed some more leaves today and will bend down some branches later on. Looks like I will have to raise the pot up as the GZ is still stretching well. The OS seems to be focused on flowering now. I'm not complaining lol. All 3 of the flowering plants have something good going for them. It's too early for me to give much of an opinion on the BG41 and SL but they're still alive which must be something lol. Hows life back in the sunny UK?
getting damper by the day mate.lol
Happy to be back in a routine again and able to het working on the Barneys now. need them in real pots though so they can get spread out a little more. They are def enjoying the new light more so hopefully will get big quickly now.

Hey 420! I think that today's updates are all positive. Even the clones/veg plants seem to be doing ok. I'll start with them as there has been a development....a possible root development that is....sorry. The first tent I always check when doing my rounds is the veg tent. Today when I opened it up my first thought was "oh no". The Strawberry Lemonade looks great still but the Blue Gelato 41 is going a bit limp and a tiny bit pale. I assumed that it was because she is slowly dying after such harsh treatment but then I looked underneath. I wasn't expecting to see anything but to my surprise there are little tiny white bumps starting to appear in places on the stem. Now I've not done an amazing amount of cloning before but I've done enough to know that those bumps are the first sign of roots beginning to push through. I hope I'm right and it's not some new kind of mould lol. I didn't get any pics of it because it's so small at the moment and I don't want to stress them out too much but I may try and get some later if I'm feeling more steady handed. I took a bit of a gamble with these but it looks like it may actually pay off....
ORG_DSC01009.JPG
ORG_DSC01011.JPG

Strawberry lemonade....
ORG_DSC01013.JPG

Blue Gelato 41....
ORG_DSC01014.JPG

The OS got a good trim but I left the GZ. I really like what I can see on the inside. There are so many budsite most of which were beginning to go all twisted and scrawny because of lack of light. I've saved them and now they'll grow and hopefully keep up with the top buds....
ORG_DSC01017.JPG
ORG_DSC01018.JPG
ORG_DSC01019.JPG
ORG_DSC01020.JPG
ORG_DSC01021.JPG
ORG_DSC01022.JPG
ORG_DSC01023.JPG

I decided that "you know what? I'm just gonna do it!

The new and improved OS and GZ!....
ORG_DSC01038.JPG
ORG_DSC01039.JPG
ORG_DSC01042.JPG

Orange Sherbert....
ORG_DSC01041.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
ORG_DSC01040.JPG

BANG! and the leaves are gone!

Now all that's left to do is to get these 2 bent down and opened up to a bit more light though penetration isn't a problem at the moment. I love defol day and normally I'd try to wait until day 21 but I felt that would be asking for trouble with the OS. The GZ was purely impulse lol. It won't hurt her

Back
Top Bottom