Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

break out the strops !!. lol. She is going to fill some space mate, cant wait to see it.
I got the silver bullet after the last grow. struggling even with hydroguard and heat i had to find something but sterile res was not my whole intention. Great as preventative and was going with Hydroguard till flower week 2 then the silver bullet for less energy wasted fighting root issues during flower the better . I really cant bare the thought of a chiller running too.!! Just veers me away from the rdwc a little and no doubt this coco round will swing me further towards coco beds and reconstituted nft tanks to dtw. Desperately want to go LED to so hopefully do it after this round. That way i get to see how each unit performs against my need. juice usage also major issue always lol.
Seen some amazing results from the mars ones on here hut would love some advice come the time Prof.
Hope little one is just being a diva and keeping you busy brother, peace and blessings
If you want to keep the heat to a minimum and save a penny or two then LED is the way. You have to be a bit careful though as some of the cheaper models aren't much cooler than there HPS equivalent. I had a Kingbo 900 and it was hot and loud. It was louder than my extraction fan. The problem I've found with many models of LED is coverage. You may need 2 or more units depending the size of the grow area which then increases heat and ramps up the electricity bill again. However. There are some great models nowadays that have low energy consumption and give great coverage. The new Mars models look great though I've not tried them, I'd only need one SP to cover my 2x4 tent which would be ideal. I can't remember the wattage on those though. The lights I'm using aren't sponsors but they are right up there with some of the best current models and they are incredibly cool running. There's loads of info on the Quantum Boards which many people are using with great success. The only reason I didn't get a QB is because I thought that the shipping would be high so I bought something that was made closer to home. I can tell already that I should easily get 10oz combined from the OS and GZ and for 200w that's crazy. I'm going to try for much more though lol, greedy Prof!
Yeah looks like we will. I will follow from a distance though. I only have some CFL's for the seedlings for at least 7 weeks.

There were several pineapple journals when I was growing Pineapple Chunk. It was really fun to compare your plants with others and explore new possibilities.
I checked the roots on mine today and they're still looking horrible but hopefully later I can soak them in some hydrogen peroxide. It'll take a few weeks for them to return to normal and it'd probably (definitely) be much easier for me to just start again but where's the fun in that lol. Yours should do just fine under the CFL's, what's the wattage of them? I vegged the Phantom OG under a cheap LED floodlight I got on amazon for less than £30. Best veg light I've ever had and it'll apparently last for 10 years or more. Looking forward to seeing you get yours started TC
Sorry to hear about your root rot @ProfessorFlora that really sucks. Hopefully you can grow those roots back. Your other plants are looking so beautiful. Loving the look of the orange sherbet. Definitely gonna have to give that a go. Goodluck bro
thanks CK. lol, don't worry, I'm used to these unexpected problems now. Hopefully we can sort this out soon and get back on track. The OS is my current favourite. Her leaves are just beautiful to look at. They're so dark and feel tough and strong. She's got so many budsites which I'll have to expose soon or they'll fall behind. Apparently she can go a nice purple which is what I want to see
Dang, I thought the cinnamon was working. Hate those stupid rooters. Cover them in wax and use em for emergency firestarters, that's all they are good for.
the cinnamon was working but the damage had already been done lower down in the root zone. I'm certain we could have beaten those slime growths on the surface but the roots had already gone. I looked online for info on the hemp cubes and they have some really poor reviews. Most people seem annoyed that they fall apart and a couple claimed that they're not as advertised. I added my own review saying that they also make an excellent breeding ground for life and not the kind of life you want in an indoor garden. The seedlings still look ok though. They seem to be growing at a snails pace but they're still standing and are still green

:passitleft:

If you want to keep the heat to a minimum and save a penny or two then LED is the way. You have to be a bit careful though as some of the cheaper models aren't much cooler than there HPS equivalent. I had a Kingbo 900 and it was hot and loud. It was louder than my extraction fan. The problem I've found with many models of LED is coverage. You may need 2 or more units depending the size of the grow area which then increases heat and ramps up the electricity bill again. However. There are some great models nowadays that have low energy consumption and give great coverage. The new Mars models look great though I've not tried them, I'd only need one SP to cover my 2x4 tent which would be ideal. I can't remember the wattage on those though. The lights I'm using aren't sponsors but they are right up there with some of the best current models and they are incredibly cool running. There's loads of info on the Quantum Boards which many people are using with great success. The only reason I didn't get a QB is because I thought that the shipping would be high so I bought something that was made closer to home. I can tell already that I should easily get 10oz combined from the OS and GZ and for 200w that's crazy. I'm going to try for much more though lol, greedy Prof!

I checked the roots on mine today and they're still looking horrible but hopefully later I can soak them in some hydrogen peroxide. It'll take a few weeks for them to return to normal and it'd probably (definitely) be much easier for me to just start again but where's the fun in that lol. Yours should do just fine under the CFL's, what's the wattage of them? I vegged the Phantom OG under a cheap LED floodlight I got on amazon for less than £30. Best veg light I've ever had and it'll apparently last for 10 years or more. Looking forward to seeing you get yours started TC

thanks CK. lol, don't worry, I'm used to these unexpected problems now. Hopefully we can sort this out soon and get back on track. The OS is my current favourite. Her leaves are just beautiful to look at. They're so dark and feel tough and strong. She's got so many budsites which I'll have to expose soon or they'll fall behind. Apparently she can go a nice purple which is what I want to see

the cinnamon was working but the damage had already been done lower down in the root zone. I'm certain we could have beaten those slime growths on the surface but the roots had already gone. I looked online for info on the hemp cubes and they have some really poor reviews. Most people seem annoyed that they fall apart and a couple claimed that they're not as advertised. I added my own review saying that they also make an excellent breeding ground for life and not the kind of life you want in an indoor garden. The seedlings still look ok though. They seem to be growing at a snails pace but they're still standing and are still green

brillaint to hear they are still going. I know from swappong to the coco from hulks rdwc , the roots too so much damage and caught up all over as i teied seperating from mesh pots. I was very careless as had initially gave up in them to crack on the Barneys. They stayed in stasis for past two weeks repairing my monkey handed repot damage , they are now taking off again. It never fails to amaze me how fucked up they can look yet still bounce back. beside you all the way Prof. keep on truckin mate.

Thanks for info regarding the lights and this has been my brick wall to changing. finding equivalent to the 1200w hps/mh for coverage has been a no go without at least 3 leds. Even then i am dubious about penetration( ooooooer matron!) . can they reach in like hps golden sunshine without spending £1000+?.
I will pick your brains nearer the need mate , am sure your advice would be bang on.

Have put the Mh 600w on today and gave them a deserved fresh mix
Plagron coco + power roots
drop of superthrive
silicon max
Golden tree
cal mag extra
and ice additive for heat stress.
They are slowly getting over their abandoned status and returning to much loved girls i think. lol
Am sure there are a few oddments among them too. heres the pics
20190525_143638.jpg
20190525_143553.jpg
20190525_130901.jpg
20190525_130858.jpg
20190525_130841.jpg
20190525_130656.jpg
20190525_130615.jpg
20190525_130600.jpg
20190525_130519.jpg

day1 veg imo.lol lets get rocking

Thanks for info regarding the lights and this has been my brick wall to changing. finding equivalent to the 1200w hps/mh for coverage has been a no go without at least 3 leds. Even then i am dubious about penetration( ooooooer matron!) . can they reach in like hps golden sunshine without spending £1000+?.
I will pick your brains nearer the need mate , am sure your advice would be bang on.

Have put the Mh 600w on today and gave them a deserved fresh mix
Plagron coco + power roots
drop of superthrive
silicon max
Golden tree
cal mag extra
and ice additive for heat stress.
They are slowly getting over their abandoned status and returning to much loved girls i think. lol
Am sure there are a few oddments among them too. heres the pics
20190525_143638.jpg
20190525_143553.jpg
20190525_130901.jpg
20190525_130858.jpg
20190525_130841.jpg
20190525_130656.jpg
20190525_130615.jpg
20190525_130600.jpg
20190525_130519.jpg

day1 veg imo.lol lets get rocking
I'm no expert on lighting and try to keep things simple. I'm going to use 3 lights on the phantom to get the best coverage that I can. I was thinking about getting a 600w HPS for her but then she'll only be illuminated from above and it'll almost certainly get too hot. Instead I'll use my 200w high bay light and my 2 200w cheap cobs. I may change that though as I wasn't overly impressed with the coverage in my last 2 grows in the 3x3 tent. Even with 3 lights I can't quite get the edges of the tent sufficiently covered and tops that are growing there are noticeably smaller and less dense than the tops closer to the centre. That was with multiple plants though and I'm hoping to be able to cover just one plant better. She's going to get big though so I'll probably run into the same problem

p.s i also think the 5th nodes have heard i am hanging about so wont show their faces. Zebra being over protective and grassing me up. I am hoping he wasnt in the t5 light housing as its now out of the room. fingers crossed or i go garden spider huntin outside

The Phantom OG's final few hours in the veg tent are upon us. Here she is one last time before she gets some new scenery and some brighter light.....
ORG_DSC00942.JPG
ORG_DSC00943.JPG
ORG_DSC00964.JPG
ORG_DSC00965.JPG
ORG_DSC00966.JPG
ORG_DSC00967.JPG

Ive actually given her a good trim but from the pics you can barely tell. I've removed a whole load of inner growth that wasn't going anywhere and also a lot from underneath. Good luck Phantom!

I'm no expert on lighting and try to keep things simple. I'm going to use 3 lights on the phantom to get the best coverage that I can. I was thinking about getting a 600w HPS for her but then she'll only be illuminated from above and it'll almost certainly get too hot. Instead I'll use my 200w high bay light and my 2 200w cheap cobs. I may change that though as I wasn't overly impressed with the coverage in my last 2 grows in the 3x3 tent. Even with 3 lights I can't quite get the edges of the tent sufficiently covered and tops that are growing there are noticeably smaller and less dense than the tops closer to the centre. That was with multiple plants though and I'm hoping to be able to cover just one plant better. She's going to get big though so I'll probably run into the same problem
i think thats how get stuck too. it seems the space i use only ever really puts out so much bud with slight variations dependant on training, scrog ect. Logic always gets active when "working with what i got" and defol/quads can compensate for less penetration from any light. Seems the only real light that can grow the monsters is the NASA Sun Hologram . seeing stateside grows outdoor and their 10ft beasts makes me green. Reading about uvb blacklight a while back had my ears pinned back but never seen it used for real. I have pants reflectors for the cool tubes and would love to go barebones vertical bulbs as an experiment ( watch this space!!) have u seen the death star grow done this way before prof?? A complete ball of buds and green , astounding grow.

The Phantom OG's final few hours in the veg tent are upon us. Here she is one last time before she gets some new scenery and some brighter light.....
ORG_DSC00942.JPG
ORG_DSC00943.JPG
ORG_DSC00964.JPG
ORG_DSC00965.JPG
ORG_DSC00966.JPG
ORG_DSC00967.JPG

Ive actually given her a good trim but from the pics you can barely tell. I've removed a whole load of inner growth that wasn't going anywhere and also a lot from underneath. Good luck Phantom!
good luck big girl. she is fucking huge.lol
just saw Bear Grhyls in a hammock

We'll Mrs Flora has returned home but forgot to get some hydrogen peroxide. Oops lol. Maybe they'll survive a few more days when I can get some....
ORG_DSC00936.JPG

Blue Gelato 41....
ORG_DSC00937.JPG
ORG_DSC00940.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade....
ORG_DSC00938.JPG
ORG_DSC00939.JPG
your knackered roots look better than most peoples mains mate. , they will storm it.

Thanks GG but the roots could go either way at the moment. Fingers crossed for them though

Are you ready? Are you ready for this? Are you hanging on the edge of your seat? Ta-da!....
ORG_DSC00971.JPG
ORG_DSC00972.JPG
ORG_DSC00973.JPG
ORG_DSC00974.JPG
ORG_DSC00975.JPG
ORG_DSC00976.JPG
ORG_DSC00977.JPG
ORG_DSC00978.JPG
wooooohoooooo blast that lady prof. And here begins the monsters birth " Feed me Seymore , feed me now" . Keep an eye on the cat mate. If it goes in , there may be no coming out and the mega growth will prove the "fish head under" theory too !

ORG_DSC00942.JPG
ORG_DSC00943.JPG
ORG_DSC00964.JPG
ORG_DSC00965.JPG
ORG_DSC00966.JPG
ORG_DSC00967.JPG

How many days did the veg end up ? I am looking at flipping on about day 54. I am currently on day 41. I think it will be a full tent but.
41.jpg

wooooohoooooo blast that lady prof. And here begins the monsters birth " Feed me Seymore , feed me now" . Keep an eye on the cat mate. If it goes in , there may be no coming out and the mega growth will prove the "fish head under" theory too !
It's time to step it up a gear GG! I still haven't feed her lol. I'll do it soon. She'll be ok until the morning then we'll be preparing for flowering Day 1 which will be on Monday. The cats already helped me to trim her earlier. I don't know why they love it so much. It's on a par with catnip lol
How many days did the veg end up ? I am looking at flipping on about day 54. I am currently on day 41. I think it will be a full tent but.
41.jpg
It's day 97 for her today. I lost track of time a long time ago. I just had to check and was quite surprised by this lol. I think you're right. It'll be a full tent indeed

Plants are fantastic prof. I am going to flip my Orange Sherbert soon been in veg for 7 weeks.

20190522_181157.jpg

Picture is just before transplanted from 1 gallon fabric pots to 5 gallon fabric pots. Left them to long in the small pots because I was short on space and waiting for the other tent to be empty. Im hoping the bit of leaf droop is because of being a little root bound the root ball was soild as a rock

Back
Top Bottom