ORG_DSC04787.JPG
ORG_DSC04788.JPG
ORG_DSC04789.JPG
ORG_DSC04790.JPG
ORG_DSC04792.JPG
ORG_DSC04794.JPG
ORG_DSC04797.JPG
ORG_DSC04798.JPG

Hey N. I'm going to top the Purple Punch several more time before the flip. The soil plants will have 2 more rounds of toppings unless there is plenty of time for another. The soil plants should have 16 growth tips each by the end. The PP could have lots more if she keeps growing like she is. Hope you're well today buddy
:passitleft:
I'm well today Happy Friday Prof!!! Working my way through the Os harvest hope to have the last plant harvested tonight. How do you decide what you top is the branches that are the leaders?
Your killing it with those ladies in flower Starting to see a few Orange pistols on them and they are covered in frost. Enjoy your weekend my friend.

Was going to mention above but forgot I didn't know you had another journal going I should pay closer attention to people's signatures lol. Funny enough the one auto that made it was the crystal meth plant I was looking at fast bud seeds awhile ago and thought that is one crazy name for a strain of weed. I can imagine saying to one of my friends "hey do you want to try some crystal meth" :rofl: :rofl:
Anyways I will be sure to check out your other journal to see how things turn out.

That's good news. Looks like there's gonna be a harvest soon then. I count the day after the first 12 hour dark period as day one. Most strains I grow tend to average out at 60-70 days from the flip. They're looking pretty good. I'd say there's probably a week or so looking at the pic but it's up to you ultimately. Do you like many ambers?
This is where i am trapped prof. My head and says flower start to ensure they finish on time. This is because they always go over for me usually by about 10 days. Also the transition biologically to flower taking time allowing her to stretch. Now i am kicking myself for trying this thinking out and rhey look so close that i will probably only get a couple of feedings in of the dragon force before they need harvesting. On the amber thing , i always go when i start to see the amber at about 30% when i check multiple buds out but i am tempted to go a little further now and aim for more couch lock. i seem to build a tolerance too quickly at harvest so a little more head bang is in order.
loving your ladies too. all look so healthy and strong too.
couple of lights off pics for you mate
20190823_205714.jpg
20190823_205653.jpg
20190823_205643.jpg
20190823_205637.jpg
20190823_205624.jpg

How do you decide what you top is the branches that are the leaders?
thats entirely up to you. At the moment with the Purple Punch I'm only keeping the tip of the each branch and removing all lower growth. I'll keep doing this until flower. It's a good way of maintaining a clean plant. By the looks of it I'll be doing another top on on her soon. I want this one to be flat and wide before flower.

Was going to mention above but forgot I didn't know you had another journal going I should pay closer attention to people's signatures lol. Funny enough the one auto that made it was the crystal meth plant I was looking at fast bud seeds awhile ago and thought that is one crazy name for a strain of weed. I can imagine saying to one of my friends "hey do you want to try some crystal meth" :rofl: :rofl:
Anyways I will be sure to check out your other journal to see how things turn out.
Lol. The Crystal METH has an awkward name. It's a bit like the Green Crack. METH actually stands for Mexican, Early Skunk, Trainwreck and Hawaiian. She's a potent sativa with loud purple colours which can grow quite large.

My previous journal never got closed as when I started the Barneys thread I knew I'd only be growing Barneys strains and wouldn't have anywhere else to post about my other plants. I could have started fresh I suppose but there where a few different things going on in that thread so I thought what the hell. The previous thread has a deceiving name as there is more going on than just the 10 strain grow.
This is where i am trapped prof. My head and says flower start to ensure they finish on time. This is because they always go over for me usually by about 10 days. Also the transition biologically to flower taking time allowing her to stretch. Now i am kicking myself for trying this thinking out and rhey look so close that i will probably only get a couple of feedings in of the dragon force before they need harvesting. On the amber thing , i always go when i start to see the amber at about 30% when i check multiple buds out but i am tempted to go a little further now and aim for more couch lock. i seem to build a tolerance too quickly at harvest so a little more head bang is in order.
loving your ladies too. all look so healthy and strong too.
couple of lights off pics for you mate
20190823_205714.jpg
20190823_205653.jpg
20190823_205643.jpg
20190823_205637.jpg
20190823_205624.jpg
I wouldn't be kicking yourself. They look great. What's the Dragon Force?

Veg Tent Update....
ORG_DSC04800.JPG

Purple Punch....
ORG_DSC04801.JPG
ORG_DSC04802.JPG
ORG_DSC04803.JPG
ORG_DSC04804.JPG
ORG_DSC04805.JPG

Shishkaberry....
ORG_DSC04806.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple....
ORG_DSC04807.JPG

Vanilla Kush....
ORG_DSC04808.JPG

thats entirely up to you. At the moment with the Purple Punch I'm only keeping the tip of the each branch and removing all lower growth. I'll keep doing this until flower. It's a good way of maintaining a clean plant. By the looks of it I'll be doing another top on on her soon. I want this one to be flat and wide before flower.

Lol. The Crystal METH has an awkward name. It's a bit like the Green Crack. METH actually stands for Mexican, Early Skunk, Trainwreck and Hawaiian. She's a potent sativa with loud purple colours which can grow quite large.

My previous journal never got closed as when I started the Barneys thread I knew I'd only be growing Barneys strains and wouldn't have anywhere else to post about my other plants. I could have started fresh I suppose but there where a few different things going on in that thread so I thought what the hell. The previous thread has a deceiving name as there is more going on than just the 10 strain grow.

I wouldn't be kicking yourself. They look great. What's the Dragon Force?

Veg Tent Update....
ORG_DSC04800.JPG

Purple Punch....
ORG_DSC04801.JPG
ORG_DSC04802.JPG
ORG_DSC04803.JPG
ORG_DSC04804.JPG
ORG_DSC04805.JPG

Shishkaberry....
ORG_DSC04806.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple....
ORG_DSC04807.JPG

Vanilla Kush....
ORG_DSC04808.JPG
Shogun dragon force is a late flowering additive similar to a.n overdrive. It contains highly available forms of phosphorus and potassium, along with magnesium and sulphur, which act as turbo-boosters for the final week. i am hoping they have time now !!. had their 1st feed yesterday with it. i think they will go at least another week on the gz , the rest will be following their sisters . Os and hulk will be a week after i think. gives my trimming hands a break too. lol
20190823_141553.jpg

Phantom OG....
ORG_DSC04816.JPG

Orange Sherbert....
ORG_DSC04823.JPG

Gorilla Zkittles....
ORG_DSC04829.JPG
just as the bible says . perfect examples prof.. look mice and dense too.
nice trim job too.

Shogun dragon force is a late flowering additive similar to a.n overdrive. It contains highly available forms of phosphorus and potassium, along with magnesium and sulphur, which act as turbo-boosters for the final week. i am hoping they have time now !!. had their 1st feed yesterday with it. i think they will go at least another week on the gz , the rest will be following their sisters . Os and hulk will be a week after i think. gives my trimming hands a break too. lol
20190823_141553.jpg
I see. Trichs are looking good. I know what you mean about the trimming hands. If I have a few plants or more I try to just harvest one a day. Sometimes a can't bare to think about an all day trimming session. A couple hours and I can't see anymore lol
Nice nugs prof. The Gz sure looks frosty is it the strongest of the bunch? Perfect example of an Os bud a few more of mine are ready to hit the jars soon.
thanks N. I'd say that the GZ is the strongest out of the 3. She's my favourite for the evening and recently I've been relaxing with one after work. The OS is also a good evening smoke but the GZ is really strong.

Veg Tent Update....

Hey 420! I ended up having a day off yesterday and got to spend some time with the family and some friends at a BBQ. It was a good day and catching up and relaxing with some good food and excellent smoke. My friend got to try all 3 strains and was literally blown away by them lol. He's a heavy taker but he looked wasted lol. He agreed that the GZ is something else and should be handled with caution lol. Anyway, on with the update....

All 4 are growing well....
ORG_DSC04830.JPG

The Purple Punch....

The H2O2 hasn't worked. The roots look worse than ever and I think I know what is causing it. The res temps are fine and are around 20-22C. I think that the pump isn't producing enough airflow and a small a result the water isn't oxygenated enough. Early on it was ok because the roots didn't fill the entire pot. Now the bubbles are struggling to push up through the root mass. When you lift the pot only one corner has a small amount of bubbles reaching the surface and it looks a bit pathetic lol. I noticed this on Friday so I ordered another more powerful air pump. It arrived today so I'm just waiting for the opportunity to go and install it. Hopefully she'll improve over the coming week. To look at her you wouldn't have guessed that anything was wrong. She's growing like a monster and will be ready for her next toppings soon....
ORG_DSC04831.JPG
ORG_DSC04832.JPG
ORG_DSC04833.JPG
ORG_DSC04834.JPG
ORG_DSC04835.JPG
ORG_DSC04836.JPG

Shishkaberry....

She's just beating the Vanilla Kush in terms of speed now. I'll probably top this on again in a few days time. She drinks her pot very quickly and is always ahead of the other 2 with her waterings. I always see that as a good thing. Fast drinking plants tend to be strong growing plants....
ORG_DSC04837.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple....

I've gone ahead and topped this one already. Technically that means she is ahead of the other 2 but they're growing much faster and will probably catch-up soon enough. She has tight growth and a short, stocky frame currently. Her leaf stems are a dark purple and she has a nice green to her leaves. I think she'll be beautiful in flower....
ORG_DSC04838.JPG

Vanilla Kush....

I like what I see so far with this one. She has great looking leaves and is almost as fast as the Shishkaberry. She will also be topped in the next few days at some point. I'm thinking about transplanting them later on today as there will be some time later in the day....
ORG_DSC04840.JPG

Flower Tent Update....

I've flushed these 4 and readministered their nutes at full strength. So far it would seem that the sand gambit (more an act of desperation) has paid off. It would have been cool to do a side by side with soil grown plants but I'd need clones to see the difference. Both strains are good lookers and have fairly rapid growth. The BG41's are particularly strong plants. It's ok at the moment but I may need to start thinking about support soon....
ORG_DSC04847.JPG

Blue Gelato 41's....
ORG_DSC04845.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade's....
ORG_DSC04846.JPG

Blue Gelato 41 1....
ORG_DSC04848.JPG

Blue Gelato 41 2....
ORG_DSC04849.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade 1....
ORG_DSC04850.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade 2....
ORG_DSC04851.JPG

I've had a bit of a go in the veg this afternoon....
ORG_DSC04863.JPG

If you'll just ignore the 5 plants on the left as they ain't Barneys strains but as you can see I've transplanted the Ayahuasca Purple, Shishkaberry and Vanilla Kush....
ORG_DSC04864.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple....
ORG_DSC04865.JPG

Shishkaberry....
ORG_DSC04867.JPG

Vanilla Kush....
ORG_DSC04868.JPG

The Purple Punch has more air being pumped into the res. Fingers crossed for this one....
ORG_DSC04869.JPG
ORG_DSC04870.JPG

Nice prof those ladies will love the extra room to stretch their legs!
I was curious about your hydro set up. So it's a single bucket with an air stone in the bucket? or is the pump submerged in the bucket? You mix the nutes in the water in the bucket or is there a res that the bucket draws from that's outside the tent? Sorry for all the questions just have no idea how the hydro stuff really works.

I see. Trichs are looking good. I know what you mean about the trimming hands. If I have a few plants or more I try to just harvest one a day. Sometimes a can't bare to think about an all day trimming session. A couple hours and I can't see anymore lol

thanks N. I'd say that the GZ is the strongest out of the 3. She's my favourite for the evening and recently I've been relaxing with one after work. The OS is also a good evening smoke but the GZ is really strong.

Veg Tent Update....

Hey 420! I ended up having a day off yesterday and got to spend some time with the family and some friends at a BBQ. It was a good day and catching up and relaxing with some good food and excellent smoke. My friend got to try all 3 strains and was literally blown away by them lol. He's a heavy taker but he looked wasted lol. He agreed that the GZ is something else and should be handled with caution lol. Anyway, on with the update....

All 4 are growing well....
ORG_DSC04830.JPG

The Purple Punch....

The H2O2 hasn't worked. The roots look worse than ever and I think I know what is causing it. The res temps are fine and are around 20-22C. I think that the pump isn't producing enough airflow and a small a result the water isn't oxygenated enough. Early on it was ok because the roots didn't fill the entire pot. Now the bubbles are struggling to push up through the root mass. When you lift the pot only one corner has a small amount of bubbles reaching the surface and it looks a bit pathetic lol. I noticed this on Friday so I ordered another more powerful air pump. It arrived today so I'm just waiting for the opportunity to go and install it. Hopefully she'll improve over the coming week. To look at her you wouldn't have guessed that anything was wrong. She's growing like a monster and will be ready for her next toppings soon....
ORG_DSC04831.JPG
ORG_DSC04832.JPG
ORG_DSC04833.JPG
ORG_DSC04834.JPG
ORG_DSC04835.JPG
ORG_DSC04836.JPG

Shishkaberry....

She's just beating the Vanilla Kush in terms of speed now. I'll probably top this on again in a few days time. She drinks her pot very quickly and is always ahead of the other 2 with her waterings. I always see that as a good thing. Fast drinking plants tend to be strong growing plants....
ORG_DSC04837.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple....

I've gone ahead and topped this one already. Technically that means she is ahead of the other 2 but they're growing much faster and will probably catch-up soon enough. She has tight growth and a short, stocky frame currently. Her leaf stems are a dark purple and she has a nice green to her leaves. I think she'll be beautiful in flower....
ORG_DSC04838.JPG

Vanilla Kush....

I like what I see so far with this one. She has great looking leaves and is almost as fast as the Shishkaberry. She will also be topped in the next few days at some point. I'm thinking about transplanting them later on today as there will be some time later in the day....
ORG_DSC04840.JPG
nice catch on the airflow in the res mate. I found that 19°c was my best temp to avoid issues and lots of hydroguard.

Those girls are looking nice mate.

I was curious about your hydro set up. So it's a single bucket with an air stone in the bucket? or is the pump submerged in the bucket? You mix the nutes in the water in the bucket or is there a res that the bucket draws from that's outside the tent? Sorry for all the questions just have no idea how the hydro stuff really works.
It is a very good medium mate but summer is a killer for rdwc. high temps can be a shitbag to keep under control. I use a rdwc and loved the logic but the learning curve is huge. a winter grow medium for me

Yeah, you might need some support in the flower tent.
Looking good. Glad you had a nice outing.
Thanks VG. We've had a good weekend so far. Just had another BBQ as there was loads left from last night that we didn't cook. I'm feeling fat now lol. I'm one joint from being catatonic
it's a single bucket with an external pump connected to a submerged air stone. I currently have 3 airstones in the pot. The old pump I was using first just has a single outlet and isn't that powerful. My new pump has twice the power and 2 outlets. I don't think I need the 3 but it won't hurt. I mix 10ltrs worth of nutes in a 5ltr bottle then add it to the res. I then fill up the bottle again and add that to the res giving me a 10ltr mix. I ph after the res has been filled. I use a bottle so I can mix the MegaCrop by shaking as i found it can be a bit tedious stirring it until it's fully dissolved. I'm still getting used to the DWC and hopefully I can sort out the roots before it's too late.
nice catch on the airflow in the res mate. I found that 19°c was my best temp to avoid issues and lots of hydroguard.

Those girls are looking nice mate.
I never had this problem with the dripper systems and I'm looking forward to dragging them out again soon. I think my temps are going a bit above that. 20C on average but it does creep up to 22C sometimes. I nice concrete floor would be handy right now.

Back
Top Bottom