Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Thanks Irie. I don't see anything wrong with running those seeds you've acquired from your buds. Light leaks are a pretty reliable way of making plants hermie so the genetics could still be good. It all depends on who pollinated who. If only one plant released pollen then the rest would be crosses of that plant. If a few of them released pollen though you could get many different combinations. As far as I'm aware you can pollinate one plant with many different strains so you could be getting different crosses from different parts of a plant. Could be fun seeing what you get.

That's a whole lotta seeds. How far from harvest are you now?

lol. I've got them down but the trick is getting them to stay there.

There something about the Shishkaberry that is satisfying. When all else is falling apart around you just look at the Shishkaberry lol
Am at day 34 of 60-70. Sadly she is out today and being hung , too worried about seeding the rest now. At least i will get to space them a little better with one less !. ( have to pull some positive from it !!!!) Such a shame as she smells so nice and her buds are looking great too.

Am at day 34 of 60-70. Sadly she is out today and being hung , too worried about seeding the rest now. At least i will get to space them a little better with one less !. ( have to pull some positive from it !!!!) Such a shame as she smells so nice and her buds are looking great too.
And that Shiskabetty. wowzer. beauty in the making prof.

Sometimes....
You've gotta be cruel to be kind, in the right measure
Cruel to be kind, it's a very good sign
Cruel to be kind, means that I love you, baby
You gotta be cruel to be kind
but remember ...
sometimes , you gotta speed it up , then you gotta slow it down , if you believe that a bud will hit the top ,you gotta supercrop the shit out of it !!... making your mind up can be hard prof !!!. heehee

Thought it was the Led too close. never had a ca def before now ?.
I agree with Dutch. LED's for whatever reason cause plants to require more Ca. Since you never had the problem before, and after getting those spanky new lights from MH, it would seem logical the problem is related to the light.
Some strains you may never notice a change, but others get affected quite a bit. Never let your Calmag run out. It's a great resource to always have on hand.

I agree with Dutch. LED's for whatever reason cause plants to require more Ca. Since you never had the problem before, and after getting those spanky new lights from MH, it would seem logical the problem is related to the light.
Some strains you may never notice a change, but others get affected quite a bit. Never let your Calmag run out. It's a great resource to always have on hand.
Lesson well learnt Mr S. Appreciated. It still hasnt moved to any other leaves yet which is why I suspected the light distance , also done a fair bit of spilling nutes filling the jug/pipe combo above them too. often had to shake the girls to get the spills off after a watering so thought this could be a combination of close light/spillage causing direct burn and also the light magnifying the droplets before lights off. seemed logical but hearing so many folks saying Ca and me running out a couple of weeks back , also seems likely too now. Will be ordering some asap ( always the finances !!!. lol). Thanks Mr S.

Emilya has a recipe to make your own as well. Might be worth checking out.
Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells
I did gather eggshells but the process to get them soluble enough takes about a week. Have seen the thread a while back when researching the living soil route so will refresh my memory with it. Thanks Mr S

I did gather eggshells but the process to get them soluble enough takes about a week. Have seen the thread a while back when researching the living soil route so will refresh my memory with it. Thanks Mr S

You've obviously done your homework, so my apologies for repeating what you already know.
I'm serious, it's a trait I'm working on.

You've obviously done your homework, so my apologies for repeating what you already know.
I'm serious, it's a trait I'm working on.
Hey no way Mr S. I genuinely appreciate the heads up on a possible resolve matey. I visited the thread a long while back and had forgot about emilyas recipe for it so again thanks. Hopefully sorted for tuesday sonwill be very vigilant with jer now. hasnt got worse so far . fingers crossed.

Good to see everyone having some fun and learning things along the way. I've learnt that if I ever have challenge Mr S to a game of poker I should remove all the spades! Anyway, before I get carried away I have some updates for y'all!

The Phantom OG....

The numbers are in for the POG. She came in at 11.2oz or 317g :party:

Not a bad score there. It's not far off my secret prediction which was 12oz so it's a little lower than I had hoped for. Not that I'm disappointed, no no. I'm very pleased with the results as it was my first real go at trying for a big plant. I've set the bar for the Purple Punch and my next goal will be to smash it. The Phantom will be jarred up tomorrow morning as she is pretty much ready for the cure. She's an awesome strain and her buds have a lot going for them. I've had a sample and they're pretty tasty already. There's definitely heavy cookie influence but also an earthy, oldskool flavour. She's strong as well. It didint take me long to fall asleep after a joint last night. I then had a good nights sleep as our daughter actually slept through lol. Here's some pics that I managed to take earlier but I'll get some more pics of her in some sunlight tomorrow. I'll do some pics with the OS, GZ and POG side by side. For now though here is the POG....
ORG_DSC04337.JPG
ORG_DSC04338.JPG
ORG_DSC04325.JPG
ORG_DSC04327.JPG
ORG_DSC04330.JPG
ORG_DSC04332.JPG
ORG_DSC04334.JPG
ORG_DSC04335.JPG
ORG_DSC04336.JPG

Back
Top Bottom