Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Veg Tent Update....

Hey 420! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm still playing catchup and am slowly working my way through all of your journals. Man, a lot can pass if you miss a couple days lol. Mrs Flora has gone to meet our new nephew so i have a bit more time to spend catching up. Today's updates are mostly positive and things are looking good after a week of minor and not so minor issues. The H2O2 didn't turn up in the post and it's Sunday tomorrow so it won't be here then either. I'm just hoping that the Purple Punch can hold out until it arrives. Her roots are growing faster than they are decaying though so fingers crossed that she'll be ok. There are a few splotches starting to appear on a couple of her leaves but her colour is returning to a healthier shade. She looks pretty good for the most part. The 3 soil plants are all recovering well from their hackings. I'll probably transplant them next weekend as they'll be getting on a bit by then and I'm sure that they'll benefit from the extra space. The Shishkaberry is still ahead of the game and has excellent growth. The Ayahuasca Purple is now the smallest and slowest growing but has the nicest shade of green to her leaves. I can feel her purple potential lol. The Vanilla Kush looks nice and healthy and is growing as she should be. All 3 look nice and healthy in fact and I have no concerns other than the Shishkaberry taking off every week....
ORG_DSC04365.JPG
ORG_DSC04373.JPG

Purple Punch....
ORG_DSC04366.JPG
ORG_DSC04370.JPG
ORG_DSC04371.JPG
ORG_DSC04374.JPG
ORG_DSC04376.JPG

Shishkaberry....
ORG_DSC04367.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple....
ORG_DSC04368.JPG

Vanilla Kush....
ORG_DSC04369.JPG

Flowering Tent Update....

These girls are recovering just fine from their heavy stripping. I found another pollen sack on the BG41 number 2 which I removed. She's still worth keeping though I can't get lazy and stop looking. Pollen sacks seem to grow over night. The sad thing is that her sister is slightly less impressive than this one. The Strawberry Lemonade's are doing well and have had a full reversal of size and productivity between the 2 phenos. My favourite is SL 1 who all the way through veg was the stronger growing and more beautiful plant. The SL 2 was the runt of the show and had been maimed by the early thrip invasion. Now she's bigger with a better structure and has more bud sites. The SL 1 has what looks like nicer buds but it's far too early to be able to see that. There's some nice frost beginning to appear so it looks like we'll be having some more colourful snow caps in the not too distant future. The plants haven't stretched back up to the lights because I made sure to snap the branches and not just bend them. The tops have bent towards the light though which means that's none where damaged too much. I've lowered the lighting and increased the airflow as it's been a little cooler but more humid recently. The tent is currently on the full 600w and is at 29C. I'm not sure that I'll get away with it for very long though and will probably be forced to reduce it back down to 400w when the weather improves. This is the uk though so it may be a long time or it could be next week. I've found some more thrips in there. If you look closely at the pics you can see a brave one on a top cola trying to negotiate some trichs. I don't think I'll get rid of them until I go full hydro for a grow season. That'll be around Christmas some time when I plan on letting loose some Autos. Here's what we have today....
ORG_DSC04351.JPG
ORG_DSC04353.JPG

Blue Gelato 41 1....
ORG_DSC04354.JPG

Blue Gelato 41 2....
ORG_DSC04355.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade 1....
ORG_DSC04356.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade 2....
ORG_DSC04357.JPG

Some more pics....
ORG_DSC04358.JPG
ORG_DSC04360.JPG
ORG_DSC04361.JPG
ORG_DSC04362.JPG

dont worry Mr S, simply reverse the math and everything will be doozie
:thumb:
Haha it made me smile seeing all those formulas. I did math prep school. I remember once I knew all of those formulas and could write them easily. Hahaha 15 years back already!
lol, well if you ever need help let me know. I'm pretty good at copy/paste with stuff I have no idea about. :)

Flowering Tent Update....

These girls are recovering just fine from their heavy stripping. I found another pollen sack on the BG41 number 2 which I removed. She's still worth keeping though I can't get lazy and stop looking. Pollen sacks seem to grow over night. The sad thing is that her sister is slightly less impressive than this one. The Strawberry Lemonade's are doing well and have had a full reversal of size and productivity between the 2 phenos. My favourite is SL 1 who all the way through veg was the stronger growing and more beautiful plant. The SL 2 was the runt of the show and had been maimed by the early thrip invasion. Now she's bigger with a better structure and has more bud sites. The SL 1 has what looks like nicer buds but it's far too early to be able to see that. There's some nice frost beginning to appear so it looks like we'll be having some more colourful snow caps in the not too distant future. The plants haven't stretched back up to the lights because I made sure to snap the branches and not just bend them. The tops have bent towards the light though which means that's none where damaged too much. I've lowered the lighting and increased the airflow as it's been a little cooler but more humid recently. The tent is currently on the full 600w and is at 29C. I'm not sure that I'll get away with it for very long though and will probably be forced to reduce it back down to 400w when the weather improves. This is the uk though so it may be a long time or it could be next week. I've found some more thrips in there. If you look closely at the pics you can see a brave one on a top cola trying to negotiate some trichs. I don't think I'll get rid of them until I go full hydro for a grow season. That'll be around Christmas some time when I plan on letting loose some Autos. Here's what we have today....
ORG_DSC04351.JPG
ORG_DSC04353.JPG

Blue Gelato 41 1....
ORG_DSC04354.JPG

Blue Gelato 41 2....
ORG_DSC04355.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade 1....
ORG_DSC04356.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade 2....
ORG_DSC04357.JPG

Some more pics....
ORG_DSC04358.JPG
ORG_DSC04360.JPG
ORG_DSC04361.JPG
ORG_DSC04362.JPG
caught up with you now finally prof.
It the Bg41 are not as stablenas Barneys usually are. coincidence is usually and excuse for denial!. lol something odd that we have both hit the hermie pheno !! Disappointing to have to give her up my end. good luck being vigilant Prof. sneaky buggers.
The shiska is amazing mate so on my list now. All seems to be going good in the grows again besides the roots issue but soon sort that when mon comes around. I am stuck with the calmag need the same for my pog. hate seeing her look like shit but ... roll on weds.lol
impressive work as per usual mate. glad your up to speed again. take it easy mate.

Looking good in the garden Prof, hoping the weather plays nicely with you so that you can keep running at 600w, some frost settling in already.

It the Bg41 are not as stablenas Barneys usually are. coincidence is usually and excuse for denial!. lol something odd that we have both hit the hermie pheno !!
Blueberry has tendencies to herm. If you have any light leaks or anything else to stress them out, I wouldn't run them.
The C99s that were just run in the Seedsman comparative are a blueberry cross. Lots of growers had herm plants.
The Blue Dream would herm as well. They are also a blueberry cross.
Dutch Passion has blueberry specifically mentioned in their article about hermaphrodites warning growers of this potential problem. They sourced their blueberry straight from DJ Short in the 70s or 80s so I would definitely believe them. Just thought I'd mention it to y'all.
I guess some Thai strains herm easily as well. There is Thai in the blueberries lineage.

Blueberry has tendencies to herm. If you have any light leaks or anything else to stress them out, I wouldn't run them.
The C99s that were just run in the Seedsman comparative are a blueberry cross. Lots of growers had herm plants.
Dutch Passion has blueberry specifically mentioned in their article about hermaphrodites warning growers of this potential problem. They sourced their blueberry straight from DJ Short in the 70s or 80s so I would definitely believe them. Just thought I'd mention it to y'all.
I guess some Thai strains herm easily as well. There is Thai in the blueberries lineage.
Makes a lot of sense VG. thanks for the heads up . Tried to keep stress to minimum but the defol may have been the key to her going. oddly was only in the same circle of the lower canopy 2nd lowest nodes. Tops and mid looked unaffected but too risky with all these willing to party girls hitting their sexiest phase.lol Harlot had to go !!.

caught up with you now finally prof.
It the Bg41 are not as stablenas Barneys usually are. coincidence is usually and excuse for denial!. lol something odd that we have both hit the hermie pheno !! Disappointing to have to give her up my end. good luck being vigilant Prof. sneaky buggers.
The shiska is amazing mate so on my list now. All seems to be going good in the grows again besides the roots issue but soon sort that when mon comes around. I am stuck with the calmag need the same for my pog. hate seeing her look like shit but ... roll on weds.lol
impressive work as per usual mate. glad your up to speed again. take it easy mate.
Good to hear from you GG. I know how you feel. Im still waiting for the H2O2 though the Purple Punch doesn't look too bad at the moment. It's a shame that you had to remove the BG but probably for the best. Not worth risking the entire crop over one plant. The POG's a tough one. Hopefully she'll hold out till you get the cal mag
Looking good in the garden Prof, hoping the weather plays nicely with you so that you can keep running at 600w, some frost settling in already.
Thanks Irie. Lol, it's like I want to wish my summer away so I can have a better environment for my plants. I would have never wished for the nice weather to go away before I became a grower
i do love Blueberry though. One of my Blue Dreams that I ran a little while back hermied. I also ran the Blue Treacle Autos when they came out and some of them hermied as well. I kept getting them as freebies from the site I was using at the time and it was one of the reasons I changed seedbanks. The Shishkaberry is a Blueberry cross so I'll keep my eyes peeled. I have grown lots of Blueberries which have been fine though. The DJ's Gold and Barneys Blueberry OG were both good as we're the Blueberry Autos I ran in Prestons comparative. Just the day I was looking at getting some DP Blueberry regs to do a mother hunt but I might hold back on that now. Thanks for the info VG

Veg Tent Update....

Hey 420! Just a couple of quick updates tonight as I'm busy cooking dinner. I will however be doing some comparision pics of the bud from the 3 plants that were recently harvested. In a couple of days time I'll be doing the strain reviews the the GZ and the OS which I'm looking forward to. They smell great when I open the jars now. Here's what's happening in the veg tent....
ORG_DSC04377.JPG

Purple Punch....
ORG_DSC04378.JPG

Shishkaberry....
ORG_DSC04379.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple....
ORG_DSC04380.JPG

Vanilla Kush....
ORG_DSC04381.JPG

The only thing to report is that they need watering....
ORG_DSC04382.JPG

Roots....
ORG_DSC04383.JPG

Looking forward to that OS report. I think Tangled is going to love it.

Looking good in the veg tent prof. I'm pulling for the purple punch hope you get the H202 soon so you can get her sorted I'm sure she will explode when you do. Shishkaberry still the star of the show with the vanilla kush not far behind.

Looking forward to that OS report. I think Tangled is going to love it.
Thanks Al. I like to have fun with my reports
Looking good in the veg tent prof. I'm pulling for the purple punch hope you get the H202 soon so you can get her sorted I'm sure she will explode when you do. Shishkaberry still the star of the show with the vanilla kush not far behind.
hopefully the H2O2 will be here tomorrow. She's holding out well though and still looks pretty good. It's a tough one this time to decide on a favourite. They all have something I like about them
The Flower girls have bounced right back! Looks like they have grown back quite a few leaves since the strip and are cruising along nicely
Barely skipped a beat. They really don't look too bad. I'm Just hoping the thrips don't get out of control again. Thanks N!

:passitleft:

Two chemists go into a bar. The first one says "I think I'll have an H2O." The second one says "I think I'll have an H2O too"....he died.

Well the peroxide is finally here so I can get on with saving the Purple Punch in a while. The PP has been great considering. It'll be time to top her soon as she already has too many nodes. I'm not sure how many but I'll count them when I have a look shortly. One more little science joke is in order I think.

A photon checks into a hotel and is asked if he needs any help with his luggage. He says, "No, I'm traveling light."

:passitleft:

Beauty Nugs prof! The Os nugs look like perfect little golf balls. The Gz has some serious frost on them bet those get you nicely toasted. The Pog nugs look perfect like something out of a magazine or maybe a winning photo for NOTM.

Back
Top Bottom