Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

I feel the same man. I learned everything i know from watching other's mostly on here ;)
When are you chopping your BB? Cant wait to hear how much she dry-weights
im waiting for more red hairs, i only have some on the lower buds. It could be 5 days or even 10 days. I am gonna let this one mature a little more than the others. i like to mix it up some. I think ill start her 3 day end cycle when i have just a few amber trics maybe 5% max. So i can get more energy high and a good stone also. dont want couch lock.

Hi Away! Your journal has really taken off! :goodjob:
You are doing fantastic!

I used FF soil my last grow, and it seemed like they really didn't want any added nutrients for quite sometime. I only added molasses every watering.

Recently I visited a grow store, and was told never to use molasses. He said, "did you notice the thick gooey chunks on the side of the jar?". He said, that gets on your roots and clogs them up. He suggested Mendocino County Honey, it looks similar but is much silkier.

I have not done a lot of research on the topic, so I am not sure what to think yet, but I did notice my blackstrap getting very gooey and solidifying. :Namaste:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Closet View Post
Dc, you do every watering with molasses? I heard once aweek. Too much can be bad for soil I thought. Good question ;)
depends what lvl they are at.
seedling gets 1 tsp per gallon to build a base 1 time
then next week i give same
the 3rd week i do 1 tbs per gallon 1 time a week
when they go into 12/12 i give them every watering 1 tbl per gallon
when they start flowering i do the same till they get fat buds then i up to 1.5 tbl per gallon. but i am using AIS and they get tons of oxygen. I might be over doing it but my smoke is so smooth from the molasses. even without a cure i try some from each plant i harvested and dried. i notice that the cure gives them the stronger smell and flavor. also gives then allot more kick. I will sample a bud of the WW today and see how that one tastes. I'm also switching to botanicare line. I have the pro bloom and sns17 so far. Will get the rest before i start my next grow in end of July. On my c99 i have lowered the amount to 1/2 tbls per gallon to see if it makes a diff. someone else told me i should back off just a bit. Will see.
I do suggest 1 time a week for normal soil grow. if you are using perliete or coco i would buy a version that is more for it like from humbolt line.

- Okay so today i checked up on the plants, and i have to conclude.. the new growth is still curling.. + they are thirsty. So.. what now? Another round of just water?

Edit:

So you guys like the energy high.. Me and Kjell are both couch-lock guys hehe. what should we aim for when harvesting? You guys know? :thumb:

Aim for what you like, that is the whole point of growing your own! Unless your going to sell it, then do it the way your customers want it. Simple. Or you could harvest in stages, it would be fun to experiment to find which ones you like the best.

okay all i started the 3 day finish on the big BB her buds are to heavy to stand up anymore in 1 day they went nuts on cloudy. So i chop her sunday. oh i added 1.5 gallons boiling water to her to start the cycle.

Boiling water?

Boiling water?

Yes boiling water. It forces the plant to start burning the sugars(fermentation begins) while the plant is still alive. I am on a private site with growers who have grown indoors for decades. I removed the air line to the plant and drained the res under her soil then filled her with boiling water 1 cup at a time sill she was full. This starts the alcohol release process. So when i chop her and hang her for 2 days then dry her like 2 days more she will be curing the whole time. It should shorten my curing time down to 1 week in jars. I will know for sure when it happens. now im doing this to my prize BB with clubs for buds(see my thread) I trust the ones having me do this. This BB will be 4-6 oz dry.

Yes boiling water. It forces the plant to start burning the sugars(fermentation begins) while the plant is still alive. I am on a private site with growers who have grown indoors for decades. I removed the air line to the plant and drained the res under her soil then filled her with boiling water 1 cup at a time sill she was full. This starts the alcohol release process. So when i chop her and hang her for 2 days then dry her like 2 days more she will be curing the whole time. It should shorten my curing time down to 1 week in jars. I will know for sure when it happens. now im doing this to my prize BB with clubs for buds(see my thread) I trust the ones having me do this. This BB will be 4-6 oz dry.

Interesting , I will pop by n look! Never heard of boiling water being used before lol

Its all about learning. I have read a few articles about the whole process from the ones using it now. I couldn't find 1 thing that turned me off from it. starting the cure process while the plant dries is huge. A big time saver.
away sorry for jacking your thread. I thought you all should what this and when its done you can make up your own minds if you want to do it or not.

Hey guys, sorry for my absence lately been a little busy!

Today i came home after a little longer day than usually, pretty satisfied and all.. I go and check up on the room as i usually do when i get home.. At first what i see is awesome!! :thumb:
Look at how the tops are going upwards!

IMG_199110.JPG
IMG_199212.JPG
IMG_199011.JPG

Pretty happy i start checking for signs of pistils or sacks.. and here's what i'm looking at.. :whoa:

IMG_198712.JPG
IMG_198811.JPG
IMG_198910.JPG

I dont know about you guys but that looks like forming ballsacks to me.. Can any1 tell me if it is indeed ballsacks or maybe just beggining buds?.. that would just be weird because i havent seen a single white pistil yet.. what do you guys think?

Hope you're all nice and chill out there! :high-five:

Edit: Sorry i cant get any closer without getting a blurry picture on this iphone!

I'm like 99% sure that's Jimmy The Cricket there Away. :sorry:

Interesting , I will pop by n look! Never heard of boiling water being used before lol
If anyone else has heard of this boiling water technique could you please tune in and/or give me a link. That's including you DC420. You can PM me.

Darn, a closer pic would be hugely helpful, I can't tell from this my friend.

Darn it.. well.. Chopping him tommorow.
Knew it was the chance with bagseeds.. :/ Guess i gotta go buy some soil and get some more auto's going..
Thanks for the reply BAR, glad to have some1 clear that out for me :thumb:
And yeah sorry Guesstimator, all i got is my girlfriends iphone for pictures, wish i had a better camera so i could do better closeups hehe

Darn it.. well.. Chopping him tommorow.
Knew it was the chance with bagseeds.. :/ Guess i gotta go buy some soil and get some more auto's going..
Thanks for the reply BAR, glad to have some1 clear that out for me :thumb:
And yeah sorry Guesstimator, all i got is my girlfriends iphone for pictures, wish i had a better camera so i could do better closeups hehe
why chop him yes its a male 100% sure, make seeds. if you are not growing anything else then let him go if only for some pollen.
As for the links they are on a private site. I am sure no one else has heard of the boiling water. Sub to my thread and ill take pics of me doing it to my last BB On Sunday earliest. that is when i chop the Big BB and can start the other then if her trics are ready. I can then move my C99 over more to give me more room to get to the other BB. Its hard to move a 25 gallon tote full of soil on top with lava rocks and water on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom