Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

the leaves won't uncurl. the plant looks healthy to me :)

defoliation will decease stretch and yield.

i always clean up some of the bottom not a full lollipop but the ones i know will not do much of anything. i never remove anything from the top 2/3rds i super crop them to open up the canopy. i love the fish pump i would try and use a 3-5 gall bucket with a lid and drill a hole so you can put the air line down in it. and let the air pump run 24/7 also the airstone does make a diff. you want one that will do the smallest bubbles possible. your plants are gonna love you so much with the added oxygen in the water. you rock.

the leaves won't uncurl. the plant looks healthy to me :)

defoliation will decease stretch and yield.

So the leaves wont uncurl.. Okay fair enough i'll be defoliating a bunch after the stretch anyway. :thumb: But how do i fix the nitrogen problem?
Just lower my dose alittle and keep using nutes every watering? Or start using plain water every second watering? so i use nutes every 6th day and plain water every 3rd?

i always clean up some of the bottom not a full lollipop but the ones i know will not do much of anything. i never remove anything from the top 2/3rds i super crop them to open up the canopy. i love the fish pump i would try and use a 3-5 gall bucket with a lid and drill a hole so you can put the air line down in it. and let the air pump run 24/7 also the airstone does make a diff. you want one that will do the smallest bubbles possible. your plants are gonna love you so much with the added oxygen in the water. you rock.

My pump makes a lot of vibrations i think it's for bicycles originally and not an aquarium pump. What does the stone do btw? :hmmmm:
I think i will have to add the pump like an hour or two before i feed my ladies and feed right after that. I cant have it running 24/7 as it is pretty noisy and like i said it vibrates ALOT :)

- What i chose to do is i defoliated a bunch of leaves shading the inner stems. Also i removed a big fanleaf that was shading a smaller branch, who was vigoriously trying to reach the light. Hopefully the perfect light penetration can get her up in the net before it's too late.. elseway it's getting cut!
Also i chose to water her plain water today (she was ready for a feed) to try and avoid the nitrogen problem.
I'll get a couple of pictures up of what happened in a bit.. :thumb:

Here's a few pictures... You can see the leafcurl much more clearly here.

IMG_197917.JPG
IMG_198013.JPG
IMG_198213.JPG
IMG_198316.JPG
IMG_198415.JPG

Also i know that defoliating during stretch stunts the growth, but im only on day 4 and i dont mind a few days of stunted growth with my growspace ;) Hopefully it wont hurt the yield too much, i think it will help on this lower branch that had been shaded before.

IMG_198116.JPG

Looking good. So how long until the 1 plant fills up that whole screen?

you have to keep track of the new growth. if the new growth looks too dark of a green then feed lighter.

defoliation is stupid because fan leaves are sources and flowers are sinks. in other words fan leaves produce energy and flowers use energy.

pruning during veg is sometimes helpful (if done properly you can create an even canopy with a lot of tops) but during bloom it's a bad idea.

Hey b.real how are you? You come and go a lot every time I want to talk to you you are off haha.

what's up smokerjoe? yeah, lately I just check my notifications then log out.

Not to much just posted a question last night on my journal. I would like your input.

b.real explain why you dont like to defoliate please. I dont usually do it either but do you know for certain defol means less yield?

Hey guys, i see i might have made a mistake doing the defol, but hey i could have removed twice as many leaves as i did.. I did it pretty lightly this time, mainly because i wanted light to that lower branch. I should have waited for your answers anyway ;)
So far i think defol is awesome, i've done it 3 times or so during veg on this plant and she's only gained in size from it, But when doing it during the stretch i'm lowering the amount of space the flowers will have to produce themselves on. Right? That's the mistake i made as far as i understand. Should have waited with flowering and defoled before switching.

About the leaves, B-real i'm gonna keep a close eye on the new growth colours, and adjust my dose after that. Thanks :thumb:

the thing about heavy defoliation is you can put the plant into shock slowing growth
edit
also the plant needs leaves to support photosynthesis if the plant doesn't have enough leaves to support itself is where you will slow the growth down cause its gonna want to replace whatever leaves are gone to support itself

Back
Top Bottom