Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

Hi M1:) Thank you very much for answering me;) First of all... I replanted my kalashnikova yesterday! Back to soil!! That way I only have one hydro pot running (only one to keep focus on). It's a shark shock from cbd crew! And because she's just nearly a week old, I don't add nutes before next week! Started out yesterday with pure water at around 8 ppm, then added ph down until my ph was around 6. Three hours after I measured a solid 1200 ppm!?!?!? And the ph was still 6?! Have to measure again today and perhaps try with the lemon juice... I'm just worried that my ppm will go sky high when I nute it in a week or so...?! And i know you're running nutes from seed:) Wild!!! Will try that for my next grow:) By the way.... Considering my next grow... Have plenty of seeds to choose from, so was wondering... Do you know/can you recommend any of them.... Her we go... K-train, Chemdog, Royal cheese fast, chocolate kush, black to black, black russian, fruity chronic juice, special kush, dance world, white widow, nl x skunk, speedy chile, low ryder etc... I know there's a lot of difference in taste, strength etc., but are any of these strains "easier" to grow than others? You know... We both found out that the white rhino is a sensitive strain... Would really like a fast grower, big yielder and strooong indica at the same time. Perhaps a bit to much to ask:thanks: Looking forward to your answer:) And thanks again:)

Hey Kjell Sorry for the late response, Yes that is vary weird indeed, I can tell you its unlikely your water is at 6 PPM to start with if you got it from your tap or even spring water is 100-250PPM's to start with and My water AFTER going through a R/O filter sometimes is up to 10-15 PPM's. I would get ur PPM meter calibrated or get a new one because it sounds like it does not work right, I have a post about how to take care of these PPM meters PH meters on my thread ill edit a page number in after I'm done.

My advice is make sure all your meters are working correctly because changing the PH without knowing what it is can be dangerous for your plants health but 6PPM is the cleanest water I ever heard of! lol

I have experience with some of these! Chemdog I have growing in my tent right now!! she is one of my favorites a vary stretchy and STRONG indica, and the biggest plants I have in there currently. White Widow is a personal favorite of mine and is an easy grower, she will take well to most LST and training. Only other one I know is the Fruity Cronic juice and Was my favorite for Months after I harvested her. Flavors is like an explosion of greatness! lol. she was a little picky with nutes tho.

I think the strain you will like best is the Chemdog, Either today or tomorrow I will be posted an update you can see the chemdog in her glory. She is a massive plant, Switch to 12/12 when she was 13in tall she currently stands at 29in tall!~ Branches for days, looks like a bamboo forest when you look through her ;)

Have a look at the post about PH meter's ETC it will help you to prevent this from happening, Do you know how to calibrate your PH meter? i must tell you reg tap water at PH of 7.0 is 100% normal. I've never tried to measure the PH of lemon juice though lol

As always hope you all have a great day!:thumb:

Edit(Page 2, 6 posts down for PH meter info)

- New leaves already growing all over my Bagseed plant btw :) :high-five:
Dude, great job with that one! It looks awesome!
I like the way you trained it too, I wish I did it myself but I have no experience with training and didn't feel like trying. Maybe I'll give it a chance on my next grow!

Can't wait to see the outcome of your grow anyway :cheesygrinsmiley:

M1, I too have never measured the PH of lemon juice but I now use it as a natural alternative to Ph Down. My tap is at about 7/7.3 and it only takes a drop per gallon to get it down.

Dude, great job with that one! It looks awesome!
I like the way you trained it too, I wish I did it myself but I have no experience with training and didn't feel like trying. Maybe I'll give it a chance on my next grow!

Can't wait to see the outcome of your grow anyway :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yo thanks man :high-five:
You're growing auto's so training is usually not a good idea. You're doing great so far man, you just gotta keep it up ;) If you want to try out training you should grow a photoperiod plant that can take a little stress :thumb:

Hey guys, been fiddling alittle with how i could fit the auto and the scrog in the closet..
Here's what i've come up with (you gotta pretend the Ed Rosenthal clone isnt there, she'll be moved outside soon):

IMG_191114.JPG
IMG_191014.JPG
IMG_191215.JPG
IMG_191313.JPG

I think i could even manage 2 auto's in there while filling that scrog out ^^
What do you guys think?

Hey Kjell Sorry for the late response, Yes that is vary weird indeed, I can tell you its unlikely your water is at 6 PPM to start with if you got it from your tap or even spring water is 100-250PPM's to start with and My water AFTER going through a R/O filter sometimes is up to 10-15 PPM's. I would get ur PPM meter calibrated or get a new one because it sounds like it does not work right, I have a post about how to take care of these PPM meters PH meters on my thread ill edit a page number in after I'm done.

My advice is make sure all your meters are working correctly because changing the PH without knowing what it is can be dangerous for your plants health but 6PPM is the cleanest water I ever heard of! lol

I have experience with some of these! Chemdog I have growing in my tent right now!! she is one of my favorites a vary stretchy and STRONG indica, and the biggest plants I have in there currently. White Widow is a personal favorite of mine and is an easy grower, she will take well to most LST and training. Only other one I know is the Fruity Cronic juice and Was my favorite for Months after I harvested her. Flavors is like an explosion of greatness! lol. she was a little picky with nutes tho.

I think the strain you will like best is the Chemdog, Either today or tomorrow I will be posted an update you can see the chemdog in her glory. She is a massive plant, Switch to 12/12 when she was 13in tall she currently stands at 29in tall!~ Branches for days, looks like a bamboo forest when you look through her ;)

Have a look at the post about PH meter's ETC it will help you to prevent this from happening, Do you know how to calibrate your PH meter? i must tell you reg tap water at PH of 7.0 is 100% normal. I've never tried to measure the PH of lemon juice though lol

As always hope you all have a great day!:thumb:

Edit(Page 2, 6 posts down for PH meter info)

Hi M1! Thanks again for answering me:) The water i measured to a ppm of 8 was pure steamed water and my tap water says around 340:) So i think it works just fine;) The major issue is my PH measure thing! I'll order a new one today! And in the meantime I gave my shark shock pure steamed water with a couple of lemon drops in it and two drops of nute:) The ppm says 300 which should be fine? And if i got it right that would be an EC of approximately 0,46 wright? My plan is to raise the nutes slowly until a ppm of 900 is reached at the end of veg! Then continue to raise it during flower with a end goal of 1150 ppm (1,8 ec). How does that plan sound to you? I've been told that some growers finish bloom around 2,2 EC (with exception of the last week flushing)?! Sounds a bit high to me... How much are you taking it to? I wish you a great day to;)

Oh!!! Really nice plants by the way:) The chemdog looks good;) I would really like to try my chemdog and the K-train in my next grow. The only issue i have is that from the floor to my light i have a maximum of 170 cm! And then i have to have the pots in mind to, which leaves me 140 cm/56 inches. Guess i just have to LST and top them like hell then:) Wouldn't like a burn or a fire to happen while i'm on vacation... I'll try the fruity chronic juice as well if it's as great tasting as you say;) Really love a great tasting smoke:) And then a chocolope kush, a black russian and a royal cheese will join them;) Sounds like a good team to me:) Roger over and out!

Sounds good man! good luck, Only 1 thing I wanna point out with using lemon juice in a DWC is your PH is going to rise throughout the day it may take 2-3 applications per day to keep it down as I tried to use it yesterday, don't forget lemon juice is a FOOD for bad bacteria as well so keep your res water temp down below 75F

My PPM's don't go up just more than 50-100 when I add 8 ML of GH PH down, I have no idea how yours is getting it so high!

Do me a huge favor, Try doing it to a gallon of spring or distilled water(from a diffrent source) I had a buddy long time ago say the same thing to me that when he added PH down it raised his PPM's to 700-900 from 200 I told him it shouldn't be much of a problem but he ended up switching to an R/O filter with a diffrent water supply and that was the deal right there.

Tap water Has a lot of Metals such as lead, copper, Chromium and many more there could be, its more than likely something that is not evaporating away for you is causing this problem, If you feel up to it just try a diffrent water source with the PH down and test it ;)

(edit) EC is not going to give you a 100% accurate idea of whats in your water, an EC meter actually measures the eclectically charged Ions. The greater the quantity of nutrient ions in a solution, the more electricity that will be conducted by that solution, hence your EC measurement. PPM or TDS is your Total Dissolved solids, a EC meter cannot directly measure TDS, they instead uses a linear conversion factor to calculate it. Everyone’s nutrient mix is different, so no factor will be exact. The meter uses an approximate conversion factor, because the exact composition of the mix is not known. Conversion factors range from .50 to .72, *depending on the meter manufacturer, which do a good job of approximating a TDS calculation from the meter’s measurement of EC.

To answer your question yes I have heard of 2.2 EC at the end and well through budding for some people, I've hit 2.6 before with certain strains. You should keep up pushing nutrients until your plants tell you that its too much, as long as you have a good mix of NPK and the trace elements you should keep pushing until you get a slight nutrient burn then back off a bit and ramp up from there every week.

Don't solely rely on what other people use for a measurement because if its one thing I can tell you when I switched from chemical Nutrients to organic, My plants can take a heavier PPM 600PPM more on my chemdog when the chemical ones where given and she developed no nutrient burn, now I'm pushing her harder than ever. Currently my Chemdogs are at close to 1500 PPM's and no sign of nutrient burn here at day 1 of week 3.

I hope some of this advice helps, As always I hope everyone has a great day!:thumb:

have to agree with Stealth cause that's what the scrog is for
you don't tie those down :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom