Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

There are any number of ways to interpret this photograph.

1. This is what five years of growing looks like
2. This is what Jon finally being finished packing up his grow stuff for the move looks like
3. This is what almost perfect packing looks like
(From the take care of your infrastructure and it will take care of you files)
4. This is what approximately 10K worth of pot growing shit looks like
5. This is what a bittersweet goodbye to the only grow space 420 has ever seen me in looks like - everything I’ve learned and everything I know as a grower has happened right here, with this stuff
6. This is what more fun than a barrel of monkeys looks like when set up in the new space soon
7. This is a preview of my next grow - all seven tents in play, and you see right here everything I need to power them

So yeah. This is my shit. All of it. :rofl:

IMG_6656.jpeg

2. This is what Jon finally being finished packing up his grow stuff for the move looks like
5. This is what a bittersweet goodbye to the only grow space 420 has ever seen me in looks like - everything I’ve learned and everything I know as a grower has happened right here, with this stuff
6. This is what more fun than a barrel of monkeys looks like when set up in the new space soon
7. This is a preview of my next grow - all seven tents in play, and you see right here everything I need to power them

IMG_6656.jpeg
WooHoo!

I ❤️ #7!

Although, #4 is probably the Most Accurate?

Question for you @Justin Goody - how do you decide “hey I bet these two would go well together?”

Do you smoke half and half bong hits of a strain with another you might think would go well with it and try to get an approximation that way? Or is it as boring as whatever you have stock to work with?
Good question!
The first time I decided to breed autos was my Wookiees. I had just grown the biggest auto (GSC) and the strongest, tastiest auto (Wedding Cake) of my short auto growing life.
Both checked a lot of boxes for me. Excellent tastes, easy to grow, hardly any larf, frosty dense nugs, reputable genetics 🧬
So once I made seeds and found the Wookiees I wanted, I made F2’s. You’ll see them and many of their offspring have the 3 leaf trait, growing mostly 3 pointed leaves.
So I’ve got the start of all the things I want to breed. The pillar of many of my future seeds.

Along the way, people like @beez0404 got some interesting genetics into my hands.
Lecter, which is a cross between pink livers and triangle kush (autos) was one of the most dense, beautiful, candy tasting, powerful weed I’ve ever had in an auto. I crossed it with Cannabiogen CBg destroyer (a lovely Sativa) to make Dr. Lecter. Dr Lecter went on to breed with Wookiees F2 and made Queen G, arguably my best tasting strain.

Another cross from Beez, Roc Bud purple scoop x fast buds lemon pie, got bred with a Cannabiogen x Wookiees cross to make Wizard

I have the only 2 queen g x wizard growing now (it only made 2 seeds due to late pollination) and they are making me think I ought to make that cross happen again. Not huge but…memorable. And peach/blood orange 🍊 smell.
IMG_5082.jpeg

There’s always plans within plans going on in my garden, blending of tastes and traits to see what works.

Good question!
The first time I decided to breed autos was my Wookiees. I had just grown the biggest auto (GSC) and the strongest, tastiest auto (Wedding Cake) of my short auto growing life.
Both checked a lot of boxes for me. Excellent tastes, easy to grow, hardly any larf, frosty dense nugs, reputable genetics 🧬
So once I made seeds and found the Wookiees I wanted, I made F2’s. You’ll see them and many of their offspring have the 3 leaf trait, growing mostly 3 pointed leaves.
So I’ve got the start of all the things I want to breed. The pillar of many of my future seeds.

Along the way, people like @beez0404 got some interesting genetics into my hands.
Lecter, which is a cross between pink livers and triangle kush (autos) was one of the most dense, beautiful, candy tasting, powerful weed I’ve ever had in an auto. I crossed it with Cannabiogen CBg destroyer (a lovely Sativa) to make Dr. Lecter. Dr Lecter went on to breed with Wookiees F2 and made Queen G, arguably my best tasting strain.

Another cross from Beez, Roc Bud purple scoop x fast buds lemon pie, got bred with a Cannabiogen x Wookiees cross to make Wizard

I have the only 2 queen g x wizard growing now (it only made 2 seeds due to late pollination) and they are making me think I ought to make that cross happen again. Not huge but…memorable. And peach/blood orange 🍊 smell.
IMG_5082.jpeg

There’s always plans within plans going on in my garden, blending of tastes and traits to see what works.
Thanks Justin!

She's close now😊
About as close as can be without quite being there. I always laugh at myself at this point @Gee64 - right now I say one more day, ie tomorrow morning. Ok done. But…by this afternoon I’m gonna be like, what difference is 12 hours gonna make, let’s just chop her and be done with it. Lol. Then I’ll look again and be like, nah, maybe overnight she tightens up a little more, I’ll wait. Then I’ll ask myself why wait, what’s the difference, .000056%? It isn’t as if anyone would discern a difference if I took half tonight and half tomorrow, right? Lmao. Then of course it’ll be fuck it I’ll just wait and take her all at once.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

About as close as can be without quite being there. I always laugh at myself at this point @Gee64 - right now I say one more day, ie tomorrow morning. Ok done. But…by this afternoon I’m gonna be like, what difference is 12 hours gonna make, let’s just chop her and be done with it. Lol. Then I’ll look again and be like, nah, maybe overnight she tightens up a little more, I’ll wait. Then I’ll ask myself why wait, what’s the difference, .000056%? It isn’t as if anyone would discern a difference if I took half tonight and half tomorrow, right? Lmao. Then of course it’ll be fuck it I’ll just wait and take her all at once.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Even the toaster oven tester buds taste so damn good it’s almost impossible to wait. I know exactly what she will be when she’s dried, and cured. Perfection. Blue Dream is an all time classic for good reason.

IMG_6656.jpeg
Is that a 6 pack of E6 Swivel fans?
Putting that all back together will be quite a job.
At least it's the last time you have to do it.
All without any help either.
You Rock buddy, good job.:thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Is that a 6 pack of E6 Swivel fans?
Putting that all back together will be quite a job.
At least it's the last time you have to do it.
All without any help either.
You Rock buddy, good job.:thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks Bill and yes that’s six of eight of those I have. They’re good fans.

IMG_6656.jpeg
thats a lot of equipment Jon i bet you'll be happy once you're setting it all up in the new space, hope the move goes smoothly

Blue Dream

It should say harvest at the top of the banner. But I can’t do it. One, the trichs aren’t quite where I want them but they’re close enough . More to the point is simply just look. Look at a closeup photo not with your eyes that know nothing. (LOL!!!)

Here’s a few closeups. These say not quite in my book.

My desire to harvest somehow doesn’t affect the plant’s desire to finish. Hmm…

IMG_6677.jpeg

IMG_6679.jpeg

IMG_6676.jpeg

Blue Dream

It should say harvest at the top of the banner. But I can’t do it. One, the trichs aren’t quite where I want them but they’re close enough . More to the point is simply just look. Look at a closeup photo not with your eyes that know nothing. (LOL!!!)

Here’s a few closeups. These say not quite in my book.

My desire to harvest somehow doesn’t affect the plant’s desire to finish. Hmm…

IMG_6677.jpeg

IMG_6679.jpeg

IMG_6676.jpeg
The actual funny part is that I’m putting myself through all this micro making sure she exactly how I want her crap and angst for what, two or 2.5 ounces of weed? :rofl:

The actual funny part is that I’m putting myself through all this micro making sure she exactly how I want her crap and angst for what, two or 2.5 ounces of weed? :rofl:
Thing for me is, if I start to be okay with compromising a plant I’ve gotten this close just cuz it’s small, then what’s next? It would be for me an example of ignoring what I know just to satisfy my impatience. I’d like to believe I have progressed past that point as a grower. :laugh: :ganjamon:

You ever make stuff from your tree legs?
Hey @JiggiLotus - well, I have made one attempt at making a nice pot stem pipe. I know I have the skills both mechanically and creatively. But it didn’t turn out very well. I see the pipes dude makes (forget the member, Shed knows I know) and got inspired. It is not as easy as I thought. I mean anyone can make a working smoking vessel from a stem, that’s child’s play. But to make something worthy is tough. So I need work. It’s sort of a goal now to overcome my first embarrassing (publicly by my own choice 🥺) attempt. So I saved this one and I guess you see it’s stripped to cure. That’s the first mistake I made. It’s wood. It has to cure first. So we will start there and see how it goes this time. Can’t use the excuse it was too small this time. Lmao

Do you? If so what do you make and feel free to show if so.

Vivosun has 2-packs on for $100 CDN right now.
@Gee64 - the SB is limping to the finish in terms of her fans. I can’t arrest the yellowing. At this point some of it is starting to be actual fade yellowing so that’s good. I think she’ll hold on and finish okay for me. But she won’t be green.

Back
Top Bottom